• Published 19th Mar 2014
  • 7,446 Views, 20 Comments

Sleepy Time - Twi-Fi



The Cutie Mark Crusaders are excited about a sleepover at Apple Bloom's, except one...

  • ...
23
 20
 7,446

Cutie Mark Crusaders Sleepover, Yay?

But it felt like I jumped so far. Sweetie Belle pouted, as she stood in a pit of sand. Looking over her shoulder, she glanced at the spot where she jumped from moments ago.

She put one leg forward, but was stopped, as she saw something approaching out of the corner of her eye. Instinctively, Sweetie Belle ducked, as a black disk whizzed by. “Phew, that was a close one,” Sweetie Belle muttered under her breath. Standing up, she attempted to leave the sand pit, but she was yet again brought to a sudden halt. This time it was a orange and purple blur, chasing after the runaway discus that nearly knocked Sweetie Belle unconscious.

Shaking her head, Sweetie Belle finally left the sand pit. She put a hoof to her mouth, suppressing a giggle, as she watched Scootaloo pick the discus up in her mouth, and attempt to throw it again. Only to see her stomp off in frustration after the discus wobbled through the air, smacked the ground, and rolled off into the orchard.

Sweetie Belle spotted Apple Bloom tugging a javelin out of an apple tree, not far from where Scootaloo was. She sighed, as she watched Apple Bloom tug on the javelin, and Scootaloo prepare for the long jump. It was clear to her now that they weren’t getting their cutie marks in track and field.

"I can't throw a discus but I can long jump. Look, I almost cleared the sand pit!" Scootaloo exclaimed. He tiny wings were buzzing with excitement, and she had a big cheesy grin plastered on her face.

"Yeah, but you have wings to help you, Scoots,” Sweetie Belle pointed out. She felt her face grow warm, as she stared at Scootaloo. Something about that smile, and those eyes…

"At least Ah got something,” Apple Bloom said, after finally removing the javelin from the tree. She casted a disappointed look at her flank. "Guess Ah'm no good at this track n' field stuff."

"Yeah, so what should we do next?" Scootaloo asked eagerly.

"Ah don't know. Ah thought one of us would get our cutie marks for sure this time." Apple Bloom looked between her two friends, "any of y’all got any ideas?"

"Nope," Sweetie Belle replied.

"Ooh, Ohh, we should have a sleepover tonight, and we can come up with more things to get a cutie mark in!" Scootaloo said excitedly.

"That's a great idea! I'll go ask Applejack if it's okay."

Oh no, I hate sleepovers. "I don't think I can go tonight. Rarity needs my help tomorrow," Sweetie Belle said, trying to sound annoyed.

"Ah Sweetie, ya always say that!" Apple Bloom responded. "Ya never want to do a sleepover, what gives?"

"Well, you know how she is... she always needs my help with something," Sweetie Belle lied.

"Um, isn't she always telling you to stay out of her boutique so she can get her work done? I'm sure if we ask her she will say yes," Scootaloo reasoned.

"Okay..." Sweetie Belle agreed, seeing no way out of it. If I bring my special blanket, they will laugh at me, and call me a foal. Maybe we'll be up all night and not sleep at all. Yeah, Cutie Mark Crusaders all nighter, yay.

"Yay, Ah'll go ask Applejack. Ah'm sure she'll say yes. Ah'll be back lickety split!" Apple Bloom said, and broke into a canter off towards the barn.

"So, why don't you like sleepovers Sweetie?" Scootaloo asked, once Apple Bloom was out of earshot.

"Wha-what? I never said that."

"You always have an excuse not to come to one." Scootaloo nudged Sweetie Belle with her foreleg. "Something you want to tell me?" Scootaloo teased.

"Tell you? like—like what?"

"I don't know... um, like how you're afraid of the dark."

"I'm not afraid of the dark!" Sweetie Belle responded quickly, her face getting red. She mentally chided herself for responding too quickly to that.

"So that's why you don't like sleepovers..." Scootaloo giggled.

"I never said I don't like sleepovers!" Sweetie Belle huffed.

"I'm sorry Sweetie. I was just teasing you know,” Scootaloo said calmly. With flaming-red cheeks, she wrapped Sweetie Belle in a quick embrace.

Her heart was pounding, as she and Scootaloo stared into each other’s eyes. They sat a few inches apart, unsure of what to say.

What was that? That spark, that aching in my chest. Surely Scoots felt it too—Sweetie Belle's thoughts were interrupted by the thundering of hooves, as Apple Bloom returned to them at a full canter.

"She said yes!" Apple Bloom panted, as she skidded to a halt in front of Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

"Sweet!" Scootaloo exclaimed with excitement. "Let's go to the Boutique. Rarity will say yes if we all go."


"Hi Rarity, we were wondering if Sweetie Belle could sleepover at my place tonight?" Apple Bloom asked Rarity. The three fillies had been sitting in the boutique watching Rarity work on her latest ensemble.

Please say I’m not allowed. Or I’m grounded, or that you’re going to Manehatten tomorrow, and taking me with you. Now that they were in the boutique, Sweetie Belle’s anxiety kicked up a notch. Between not being able to sleep without my blanky, and my strange feelings every time Scootaloo is around—

"Well, I think that's a lovely idea, dear. I have so much work to do today and tomorrow," Rarity said, peering up at them over the top of her horn-rimmed glasses. "Sweetums, don't forget to take the pajamas I made for you. It's going to be really cold tonight. And why don’t you give the extra two to your friends?”

“Okay…” Sweetie Belle left for her bedroom before anyone could follow her. Once she was in her room, she jumped on her bed, landing on her side. She grabbed a blue blanket laying next to her, and held it tightly. If only I could bring this… but Scootaloo and Apple Bloom will laugh at me, and call me a foal. I just wish I wasn’t so scared of the dark.

"Ya ready?" Apple Bloom asked with impatience when Sweetie Belle came back downstairs. Annoyed at how long it took Sweetie Belle to get her saddlebags. "It's already getting late!"

"Ready," Sweetie Belle replied with all the fake enthusiasm she could muster.

"Okay, Sweetie dear, have a fun sleepover. Don't stay up too late." Rarity called out to the excited fillies charging out the door.

The three fillies charged through town to Sweet Apple Acres, and right up to the front door of the farmhouse. They nearly smashed through it, as Apple Bloom quickly opened the door, and the they came rushing in. Applejack stood wide-eyed, as three rambunctious fillies ran though the kitchen like a tornado, leaving a path of destruction in their wake.


"All right y'all, settle down. Bedtime will be in a little while!" Applejack shouted over the giggling.

"But we are staying up all night" Sweetie Belle squeaked.

"Ya say that now..." Applejack went back to the kitchen smiling.

"All right y'all we got serious planning to do before bed," Apple Bloom said with determination.

"Serious." Scootaloo repeated.

"So we aren't going to stay up all night?" Sweetie Belle asked, trying to sound casual about it.

"All night? Ah don't know about you but a pony needs her sleep."

I do too. How am I going to sleep tonight? I'm already tired...maybe I'll be so tired it won't matter. "Rarity made these for us, they will keep us warm," Sweetie Belle said, as she dumped her saddlebags out on the floor. She lifted a green piece of fabric with pink music notes and bells. "It's just a one piece. See?" She put her hind legs in, pushed her tail through the hole, then put her forelegs in. With her mouth she zipped it up. "It's even got a hood too." She pulled the hood over her head with a foreleg, wiggled it around a bit until her ears poked through the holes on top.

"Ya expect us to wear that?" Apple Bloom asked, outraged at the idea of wearing something she considered to be for a foal. Scootaloo simply stared at Sweetie Belle, blushing.

"Yeah, it's fleece, so it keeps you warm, and it's really comfortable." Sweetie Belle explained. She looked from Apple Bloom's skeptical look to Scootaloo, who just shrugged. "Scoots, yours is the fuchsia one with lightning bolts, and wings. Apple Bloom, that's yours." Sweetie Belle pointed to the black pair with silver apples.

"Aw, why does she get the cool one?" Scootaloo asked, as she zipped up her onesie.

"All right fine, since y'all are wearin them, Ah will too." Apple Bloom hastily put her pair of pajamas on.

"Well, do you like them?" Sweetie Belle asked eagerly.

"I like them," Scootaloo said simply, looking herself over.

"Ah do have to admit, these are really comfy," Apple Bloom said.

"See, told ya."

"Look what else they can do!" Scootaloo exclaimed. She crouched low and leaped forward into the air. As she landed, Scootaloo slammed her hooves on the floor, and slid a few feet, using her wings for extra propulsion. "You can slide in them!"

"Ooh, ooh, that gives me an idea. Cutie Mark Crusaders Ice Skaters!" Sweetie Belle squeaked with excitement.

"Um, not sure sure that's going to work Sweetie," Scootaloo responded, slowly glancing at Apple Bloom.

"Hey! Ah can skate... um just not well. Lets do it tomorrow! And we can try skiing and sledding too."

"But there's no snow—" Sweetie Belle hardly finished her sentence when Scootaloo cut in.

"It's going to snow tonight! Rainbow Dash told me! It was so awesome, I saw her moving the clouds this morning, and she would zip back and forth, and do these awesome tricks—" Scootaloo stopped her over-excited babble, cleared her throat, and swallowed hard. "I-I mean, Rainbow Dash told me this morning," She said calmly, as Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle exchanged smirks.

"Simmer down there Scoots, Ah know there's gonna be lots of snow to play in tomorrow," Apple Bloom said with a smirk. She walked to the window, "darn, nothing yet."

The door from the kitchen swung open, and Applejack walked in. She stopped and smiled at the three fillies in their colorful onesie pajamas. "Well aren't y'all just cute! Did Rarity makes these for y'all?"

"Yep, she made these to keep us warm," Sweetie Belle said while trying to fight back a yawn. Oh no. I can’t be getting sleepy.

"They sure look warm. I'll be sure to thank her for making them." Applejack smiled, as she watched Scootaloo slide around the room, then Apple Bloom let out a yawn. "All right y'all, Ah think it's time for bed. Y'all can share Apple Bloom's bed, it should be nice and warm in her room."

"But I'm not—" Sweetie Belle let out a loud squeak, as she yawned, "sleepy." Applejack raised her eyebrows, and Scootaloo giggled.

"Alright you three, bed," Applejack said sternly.

"Alright, night sis. Love ya," Apple Bloom said bashfully.

"Love ya too little sis," Applejack kissed Apple Bloom on the cheek. "And no rough housing up there! Ya hear? Ah want lights out!" Applejack said sternly, as the three fillies started climbing the stairs.

Okay Sweetie, stay awake. That’s all you have to do, stay awake. "Wow, nice bed, Apple Bloom. When did you get a new one?" Sweetie Belle asked when they entered her bedroom, and noticed Apple Bloom’s room had changed since the last time she was there. The bed was bigger than the bed she remembered, much, much bigger.

"Big Mac and Applejack made it for me. I guess they reckoned I outgrew my old one."

Scootaloo fidgeted a little, her wings twitching, but she couldn't control herself any longer. Running and leaping on the bed, Scootaloo bounced with glee. "It's soooo bouncy!" She exclaimed.

Oh Scoots, she’s so silly sometimes. Sweetie Belle blushed, while trying to stifle a giggle. She was tempted to join Scootaloo, but decided against it, as her nerves got the better of her.

“Hey! That’s mah bed!” Apple Bloom shouted.

"Sorry, couldn't resist," Scootaloo said, offering a sheepish smile.

Shaking her head, Apple Bloom joined Scootaloo on the bed; she claimed the far side of the bed, and pulled the blankets over her. Scootaloo took the opposite end, and snuggled herself under the blankets. They both looked at Sweetie Belle, who was still standing in the middle of the room.

"So... anypony want to play a board game?" Sweetie Belle asked already knowing the answer.

"A'm too tired. Maybe tomorrow," Apple Bloom mumbled before turning on her side.

Sweetie Belle looked at Scootaloo with a silent plea, but the pegasus only smirked. "Fine," Sweetie Belle said, admitting to defeat. She hopped on the bed taking the only spot left, between her two friends.

Feelings of uncertainty rose from within Sweetie Belle, as soon as the lights were turned off. She tried to close her eyes, but opened them again almost instantly. She turned her head to the left, then right. She tried to determine if Scootaloo was asleep, but couldn't. With her forelegs, she bunched up the blankets, and held them close to her. Scootaloo turned her head, and gave an annoyed look before grabbing the blankets with her mouth and pulling them back over herself.

Sweetie pouted in defeat. She couldn’t get comfortable, and she couldn’t even pretend to have her special blanket without taking Scootaloo’s blankets away. Ugh it's too hot. Sweetie Belle began to squirm, as she tried to get her pajamas off.

"What in Equestria are you doing over there?" Came an angry hiss from Scootaloo. "Go to sleep," she added with in the same annoyed whisper.

"Can't. Too. Hot," Sweetie Belle panted, as she pulled the fleece onesie off, throwing it on the floor. "Phew, better."

"It is kinda hot..." Scootaloo whispered. She too undid hers and removed it, but with less squirming.

Sweetie Belle rolled over on her side, trying to fall asleep. But she couldn't, she didn't feel safe. She knew it was silly, but she never felt safe at night without her blanket. Why didn't I just bring it? They wouldn't have noticed...

Frustrated, Sweetie Belle rolled over to her other side, coming nose to nose with a sleeping Apple Bloom. She glared at Apple Bloom, annoyed at how easily she fell asleep, before turning over again. She heard an exasperated sigh come from Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle knew she just woke Scootaloo up again.

Slowly Sweetie Belle inched closer to Scootaloo, to give Apple Bloom more space. Turing face up, she stared at the ceiling. She let out an audible groan, as she could feel sleep taking over, and she couldn’t resist it: her eye lids became heavy, and closed slowly. She rolled over feeling something warm, and reached out to wrapped her forelegs around the warmth. She brought her hind legs up. Bending her knees, she curled herself around the warmth that felt so nice, so inviting, and most of all made her feel safe. Sweetie Belle pushed her face into the warmth and inhaled deeply, smelling wild berries and flowers, reminding her of spring and sunny meadows.


The room was warm, at least for Sweetie Belle, as she laid snuggled against Scootaloo. The morning light was blinding due to the freshly fallen snow: reflecting the sunlight. Sweetie Belle opened her eyes, and was presented with a mass of purple in front of her. She squinted, trying to make it out.

Her brain finally catching up with the rest of her senses, she realized what that mass of purple was… slowly and as carefully as she could, Sweetie Belle removed her forelegs from around Scootaloo, and rolled away from her. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw Apple Bloom’s spot on the bed was empty. Okay, relax, maybe she won’t say anything.

Apple Bloom, still wearing her onesie, sat at her desk doodling, while she waited for her friends to wake up. She looked over when she heard movement, and grinned, as Sweetie Belle hastily got out of bed, blushing furiously.

"So um, have a good night's sleep?" Apple Bloom asked, smirking while twirling a hoof through her mane.

"Um, I can explain..." Sweetie Belle trailed off, realizing she had no idea what she was actually going to say.

Apple Bloom grinned, and opened her mouth to tease her friend, but stopped when she heard Scootaloo let out a groan.

A sense of panic rushed though Sweetie Belle, as she watched Scootaloo stretch and slide out of bed. Scootaloo looked directly at Sweetie Belle, her expression impossible to read. She walked toward Sweetie Belle, her expression never changing. Quick, tell her it was an accident. Scootaloo continued to advance until she was nose to nose with an immobile Sweetie Belle. Um, okay...what is she doing? Can’t seem to move… too close—

Without warning Scootaloo leaned in and planted a big wet kiss on Sweetie Belle's cheek. Her whole body froze, and her eyes went wide. Sweetie Belle was completely lost for words, as she stood there blinking.

Scootaloo smiled nervously, blushing, as she stood close to Sweetie Belle, waiting for some kind of response. She looked over to Apple Bloom who was watching with interest, then back to Sweetie Belle.

She kissed me… Sweetie Belle mindlessly traced a hoof over the cheek Scootaloo kissed. Scootaloo’s snout was so close to hers, she could feel Scootaloo’s breath. But for some reason she didn’t mind. Her heart pounded, as the close proximity became less of a shock to her. She felt that familiar ache in her heart. Is this what love feels like? I shouldn’t feel this after getting a kiss from my best friend, should I? But every time I’m around her, I feel this way. “Why?” She asked quietly.

“What do you mean, why” Scootaloo asked with confusion.

“Why did you um, you know... I thought you’d be mad at me, but you... kissed me.” Sweetie Belle said that part at a whisper.

“Mad at you? Sweetie, I—thought—” Scootaloo’s face went red, and she looked at the floor. “Because I like you,” Scootaloo mumbled. “I liked it when you snuggled with me last night.”

“You did?” Sweetie Belle’s heart was racing. It was an accident—wait! She likes me? Like in that way likes me? Oh, Celestia!

“You were my first friend. My first true friend. One I could be myself around, and not feel like an idiot. As we grew closed together, those feelings changed, and I wanted something more… it was very confusing at first, but with Rainbow’s help, I learned something about myself.” Scootaloo looked down, she couldn’t look at Sweetie Belle as her eyes started to tear up. “I guess what I’m trying to say is, I love you, Sweetie Belle.”

Sweetie Belle’s heart sank like a rock. She had never seen this side of Scootaloo before. Powerful feelings surged through her like wildfire. She couldn’t bear to see her friend look so sad, especially after pouring her heart out. She embraced the filly tightly, kissing Scootaloo on the cheek.

“I’m sorry if I scared you, I didn’t mean to make things weird. I thought cuddling was your way of saying you liked me. I hope we can still be friends, that’s more important than anything.”

Did she not notice my kiss? I thought I made it clear to her.

“I thought I made things weird. This is embarrassing, but I didn’t mean to cuddle with you, I really didn’t. I have this blanket… I’ve had it ever since I was a foal, and I can’t sleep without snuggling it. I didn’t bring it because I thought you and Apple Bloom would tease me. I couldn’t fall asleep last night… all I remember was rolling over into something warm and soft.” Sweetie Belle confessed, still holding Scootaloo tightly.

“You have a blanky?” Scootaloo giggled. She thought it was cute.

Sweetie Belle ignored the question, and released her grip around Scootaloo. “I—I like you too, Scootaloo.”

“You do?” Scootaloo asked eagerly.

Sweetie Belle responded by kissing the filly on the lips. It was a quick sloppy kiss, but to Sweetie Belle, it was amazing. “Does that answer your question?”

“Y-yes,” Scootaloo said lamely, grinning from ear to ear.

“Every time I’m around you, Scoots, my heart starts pounding, and I can’t stop thinking about how cute you are.” Feeling slightly awkward, Sweetie Belle smiled.

“Sweetie Belle?” Scootaloo asked quietly.

“Yes?”

“Do you want to come over tonight for dinner?”

“Like a date?” Sweetie Belle asked, her heart racing with excitement.

“Yeah, like a date. You can spend the night too.”

Sweetie Belle beamed, accepting in silence that was broken by Apple Bloom, who sniffled as, tears rolled down her cheeks. She had watched the whole thing with great interest, but she couldn’t bear it any longer, the cuteness melted her heart.

Sweetie Belle turned to her friend. “Are you okay, Apple Bloom?”

“Yeah, A-ah’m a-alright.” Apple Bloom responded, whipping the tears from her eyes.

“Then why are you crying?”

“Cause Ah’m so happy for you two. That was the most romantic thing Ah’ve ever seen.” Apple Bloom watched Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle exchange sheepish grins. “Ah reckon there’s too much snow to do anything today. Besides Ah probably gotta help Applejack and Big Mac shovel all the snow. But, we are getting them winter sports cutie marks tomorrow.” Apple Bloom winked at Scootaloo.

Sweetie Belle was grateful Apple Bloom was letting them be alone for the day. No pony was as obsessed with getting their Cutie Mark as Apple Bloom, and for her to put off crusading for one day, just so she could be alone with Scootaloo meant a lot. She walked over to Apple Bloom, and hugged her tightly. "Thank you," Sweetie Belle said, taking in the nice feeling from the fuzzy fleece, then released her embrace. "You really like that thing don't you?"

Apple Bloom shrugged, "it's comfy and warm."

Sweetie Belle smiled, knowing that was the best answer she was going to get.

"We should get going..." Scootaloo said quietly. "Come on Sweetie, we can build a snowpony together."

"Ah'll see y'all tomorrow." Apple Bloom watched her friends walk out of her room side by side.

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo treaded through the deep snow out of Sweet Apple Acres together. She watched Scootaloo run ahead and try to clear the snow for her. Sweetie Belle couldn't help but laugh as she pondered what her date was going to be like. She imagined she would have dinner with her and her family, then they would hang out like they always did, maybe share a kiss or two. Then the part she really looked forward to, cuddling with Scootaloo, as she fell asleep. The mere idea made her feel happier than she ever felt before. It was a happiness she drew emotional strength from, stemming from her heart, and filling her whole body. And she knew, she wouldn’t need her blanket anymore. She no longer needed it to comfort her anxieties and insecurities. She no longer needed it for sleepy time.

Comments ( 20 )

The D'awwwwws are strong here

That picture... I almost had a heart attack from just the picture.... im afraid to read it now.. :rainbowderp:

Aww. This is so adorable. I love it. =')

5442806 it worth the read, it's adorable. :twilightsmile:

Did you really need to delete the sole chapter and create the new version as a new chapter? Given the changes aren't stark, wouldn't it have been more appropriate to just edit the existing chapter? There are now around 70 comments that no one will ever see again.

Scootiebelle is best Toyship

Ponies in pajamas. How can I resist?

5442853 why do u have the default pony but backwards

5453004
Because I flipped it in Photoshop. I also changed its eye colour from green to blue.

SET PHASERS TO HUG!!!

You can has review!

Oops, double post.

Luna: Haha! The Adorableness has been doubled!
This was INSANELY ADORABLE xD
Great story!

Well... This caught my attention. Will read later.

I saw your account. :twilightsmile:
I saw how many good stories you had. :raritystarry:
I didn't know if they were written well. :rainbowhuh:
I read this adorable story. :pinkiehappy:
I ship ScootaBelle more than ever. :yay:
I pressed that follow button. :ajsmug:

:pinkiehappy: I can't wait to read more of your stories in the future! This one was so cute and adorable and *fangirl squeal* ITZ JUST SO COOT!!!

"Sweetums, don't forget to take the pajamas I made for you. It's going to be really cold tonight. And why don’t you give the extra two to your friends?"

Sweetums? I don't think Rarity would call her that. :rainbowlaugh:

“Mad at you? Sweetie, I—thought—” Scootaloo’s face went red, and she looked at the floor. “Because I like you,” Scootaloo mumbled. “I liked it when you snuggled with me last night.”

Aw....Scootaloo could give Vic a run for his money on awkward confessions!

So cute :з
I very like this story

Login or register to comment