• Published 21st Mar 2014
  • 3,415 Views, 31 Comments

Banished Far From Home - SaraSantiago



Twilight gets banished for something she did. On her journey away from Equestria, could she find somethimg more worth Royal Life?

  • ...
18
 31
 3,415

The Forgotten Memory

Author's Note:

Hey everypony! Welcome to chapter 4! I need to note something before you all read! There will be a dream within the story. I hope I don't confuse you all. Please enjoy and feel free to review!! Also there's a huge possibility that I will remove the contest thing since I'm not possibly going to make the deadline.... So if you see the contest was taken from the large description, it's because I'm not able to put it in before the deadline.

Chapter 4 - The Forgotten Memory

Morning struck as the group stopped in Appleloosa. Already, Twilight was planning what to do. First, they needed to find a place to sleep. Next, maybe find a short job to pay off rent. Who knows what would be next?

"Does anypony know somepony here?" Twilight asked.

"The great and powerful Trixie has no pony here." Trixie answered.

"Ah have a distant relative, but her house is full of clutter and cats. Then there's the othe' relative..." Applejack smiled.

"Sounds good, where does she live?" Twilight looked around at the houses.

"A few houses down." Applejack leaded the others to a pretty large two-story cottage. It was pale purple with two windows and a wooden door on the first floor and two small windows and a semi-circle window on the second floor. Both Twilight's and Rainbow's jaws dropped slightly as Trixie looked at it in awe. Applejack looked at the group, a little confused. "Will this be good enough?"

Twilight found herself to say, "No, it's perfect." and Rainbow nodded in agreement.

Applejack smiled, "Yeah, Ah know it's big, but we all can fit in it." She walked up the front steps to the door and knocked.

"Coming." a voice called inside the house. A few seconds later, the door opened to show a young pony who was around the same age as them. Her coat was a yellow color and her mane was light green on the top and dark green on the bottom and in pigtails. Her eyes were a green with the smallest tint of yellow in them.

"Apple Fritter? Ah thought ya were still in Manehatten?" Applejack asked, looking quite confused at why this pony named Apple Fritter was there.

The pony smiled softly and shook her head. "Nah, Ah came back. Ah noticed the city wasn' for me. Afte' Ah delivered tha apples, Ah looked around. Nothin' seemed to strike me as somethin' Ah would like, so Ah came back."

Applejack smiled, "Sounds kinda like what happened ta me."

"It sure does." Apple Fritter smiled, "So, what'ch all doin' here to Appleloosa?"

"Long story. Would it be okay if we can stay here for awhile?" Twilight wondered.

"Ah don't have a problem with it, but let me ask Apple Bumpkin." Apple Fritter zipped back into the house to come back around a minute later with another earth pony with the same colored fur as Apple Fritter. Her mane was a nice pretty wavy and a nice shade of red with part of it lighter red. Her eyes were an orange with a tint of yellow.

"Ah hear y'all lookin' for somewhere to slumber." Apple Bumpkin smiled as the others nodded, "Well, that's mighty fine with me. What about ya, Apple Fritter?"

"Ah'm fine with it if ya are." Apple Fritter answered, giving a nice smile.

"Right then, let me show y'all around." Apple Bumpkin moved to the side, pointing her hoof inside the house, allowing the visitors to come in. The four ponies cautiously entered, looking around to big inside. The walls were a nice aqua blue and the floor was made of wood.

"Wow. This is a very nice house." Twilight complimented looking at the pictures on the wall of other ponies that were probably the ancestors of the house or Apple family.

"Why thank ya." Apple Fritter smiled, "Been here since Granny Smith was a young filly."

Apple Bumpkin turned right when they hit a T intersection. "Now over here's two guest rooms and one bathroom. The other side has the same thing. Any questions?"

The group shook their heads and Apple Fritter smiled, "Ah imagine y'all tired...so we'll leave y'all to your slumber." The two ponies left the group a lone.

"So, who wants to sleep where?" Twilight asked, walking over to the one bed that was near the window. She studied the comfy looking single bed that was almost like her bed back at the library. The covers were a nice purple with orange lines criss crossing to make small squares lined diagonally. The bottom sheet, that she usually sleeps on for more comfort, was a clean white. "I'll take this one." Twilight then said.

"Mighty fine with me, I'll check out the other beds on the other side." Applejack nodded, turning around and walked to the other room.

"I'm going to go with her." Rainbow Dash followed the orange pony.

Trixie looked over to Twilight, a small blush lightly appearing on her blue cheeks, "I guess that makes you lucky to have the great and powerful Trixie in your room."

Twilight looked over to her tiredly, "Yes, I guess I am." she smiled as she went on the bed to wiggle in the covers. "Sorry Trixie, but I'm going to sleep."

"The great and powerful Trixie's alright with that." Trixie calmly stated, walking over to the window to close the blinds. She then moved to the other bed, same colors as Twilight's bed, and did the same as Twilight. Under the warm comfy blankets, sleep quickly took lead over the great pony.


Birds flew freely at a window. Twilight woke up to the nice song they were making and rolled out of bed. Her bedroom door furiously opened, making Twilight jump.

"Excuse me highness...I didn't mean to make you jump." Twilight turned to one of the castle servants who help around the castle to make everything look so beautiful.

Twilight smiled, "It is fine. Come on in." she lightly said, rubbing her eye to make the sleep in them go away. The servant pony followed her order and looked around the room. It looked like she wanted Twilight to say something, like she was awaiting an order. "What is it?"

The servant pony looked to her, "It is nothing ma'am...It's just you must order me to do your room."

"Oh come now, you are allowed to clean my room whenever you want." Twilight smiled, walking over to the mirror in her room. Using her magic, she levitated a brush to brush her mane and tail.

"I cannot do that miss." the light purple earth pony lowly said. "I only follow your orders. It is what I was told to do."

"So my order is for you to do my bedroom whenever you feel it should be cleaned." Twilight turned back to the pony. "May I ask your name?" she then asked.

The earth pony looked to her, "My name shall stay secret ma'am."

"Alright, if that is what you want...I was hoping to at least become friends-"

"Friends miss?" the servant pony cut Twilight off, "Oh no ma'am. That mustn't happen."

Twilight looked to her confused, "What? Why?"

"You are so high in society miss, and servant ponies are on the bottom. Pinching every job they can to get money for family. We only work for high society, not become friends."

"Look, whoever you are, I am a ruler. So if you are my servant, I at least want to know your name so I can call you."

"It is Sky Mist ma'am." the sound of hooves walking towards the room came audible to both ponies ears. "Quick miss, order me to do something." Sky Mist looked over to Twilight in some pained fashion. Almost like she was scared if something was not done right.

Twilight gulped, "Please clean up my room. I would like my bed covers changed and my room vacuumed please." she ordered kindly, making sure she did not put the pony's name with the order.

The walking sound stopped as Twilight looked to her door. Princess Celestia stood in the door frame, looking a little distressed. "Princess Celestia...What is wrong?"

Anger came to the white alicorn's face, "Everything Twilight. Somepony knocked over a valuable pot in the throne room. It...was my mother's." tears swallowed as she stayed angry.

A small gulp was heard at Twilight's bed, where Sky Mist was. Wait, was Sky Mist the one who did this? "I'm so sorry Celestia....I didn't know." Twilight tried to comfort her.

"Whoever did this is going to pay!" the taller alicorn then yelled.

Twilight gulped, looking over to Sky Mist who stopped her duty to walk slowly over to Celestia. "I'm sorry ma'am..." she started.

"Yes, she had to clean up after my mess. I was walking past her and accidentally tripped over the rug and hit the table that had the pot on it." Twilight quickly fibbed. "Making it...fall."

Celestia looked down at both the ponies, then to the nervous but surprised Sky Mist. "Is that what happened?"

Sky Mist looked up to the princess, "Y-yes your highness, I was ordered to fix the rug after I was done with cleaning her room."

The alicorn accepted the fib and looked to Twilight, "Thank you Twilight, but please be more careful. Be careful as well, I might not be as happy to accept another mishap." she started leaving.

"Yes, don't worry Celestia. I will be more careful." Celestia nodded and left the room.

"Why'd you do that miss?" Sky Mist asked, looking over to Twilight.

"I didn't want you to leave. I like you here. You're cleaning is good and you follow directions well." Twilight explained.

"I see...Thank you miss. I will make sure to pay you back somehow." Sky Mist bowed down, quickly going back over to the bed, gathering the blankets. She then looked over to her, "Twilight."

Shocked by being called by name, she looked to Sky Mist. "Yes?"

"Twilight!" she called once more, but it wasn't her voice. What? What's going on? Twilight nervously thought. "Twilight Sparkle!"


"What?!" Twilight sat up on a bed. She found she was sleeping in a different, and smaller bed from the castle. Was that...a flashback from the day before I was banned?

"Twilight, it's time to eat!" Rainbow Dash happily exclaimed.

"Right. Sorry I slept in." Twilight apologized, rolling out of bed to go to the kitchen. I wonder how Sky Mist is doing... she thought. Twilight got out to the kitchen to eat with the other girls to start the day. Today they were going to search around, maybe find a job to pay for the stay.