• Published 21st Mar 2014
  • 3,415 Views, 31 Comments

Banished Far From Home - SaraSantiago



Twilight gets banished for something she did. On her journey away from Equestria, could she find somethimg more worth Royal Life?

  • ...
18
 31
 3,415

Banished

~Chapter 1 - Banished~

It was a great, beautiful, sunny day with very little clouds in the sky. Twilight sighed, looking out of her room window, opening her wings to gather the warmth of the sun between her feathers. A knock pierced the silence, making Twilight jump a little. She turned to the door.

"Come in." she calmly ordered, thinking it was one of the servant ponies, but she was wrong. It was Celestia, making Twilight a little worried.

"Princess Celestia, what is it?" Twilight asked worryingly. Celestia now came to Twilight only if there was a problem, very little were the visits to speak and ask how everything was going.

The white princess looked to the smaller purple alicorn princess and smiled kindly. "My most faithful student, Twilight...Now a princess at my side. Are you ready for the big day?"

The purple princess Twilight tilted her head to the side in slight confusion. "Sorry for asking mentor, but what's today?"

A small laugh came from Celestia, "Please, Twilight. I'm not your mentor anymore." her smile turned serious, "Today you can either stay here or go to Ponyville. I feel like you have been away from your friends long enough..."

"Oh, Princess Celestia!" Twilight cut her off, "That would be great! They are probably worried about me...That leads me to a question though." Twilight looked up to her once mentor.

"Yes?" Celestia wondered, lifting her one eyebrow.

"Well, they didn't send any letters for a while." Twilight looked down, worried.

A small groan came from the tall white alicorn, "Pinkie has been sending you letters almost every hour."

Twilight looked up in slight confusion, "Well then why didn't you give them to me?"

"Please Twilight! That was at the time Princess Luna went missing...Did you want to be off track with a letter when the raiser of the moon goes missing?!" Celestia boomed a little angry. Twilight had to make sure not to laugh. Around two or three days ago, Twilight was asked to go to Canterlot to help look for Luna. It turned out the princess was shopping for some new bed sheets and kitchen appliances.

The problem, she couldn't keep her laughing in if she spoke, but she knew Celestia needed an answer. "I-I didn't kno- ho." Twilight held it in until the last word. She let out a few soft laughs.

"What is so funny, Twilight? Do you find it hilarious that we could've lost my sister?!" Celestia looked down to the now student in shame. Twilight knew that they were now onto something far greater than just a little laugh. When Celestia says the princess is her sister, you know she's not happy...

"I'm sorry! Really I am!" Twilight reasoned, trying to think of something to get Celestia off of the subject.

"You didn't answer my question, Twilight. What do you find funny?" Celestia commanded for an answer that Twilight had to answer.

"Sorry, it's just thought that we worried so much over something so small." Twilight started, unsure how to word her thoughts.

"Small...?!" Celestia questioned, seeming angered by Twilight's words.

"N-Not small! It's just that Luna was shopping and we thought she was kidnapped!" Twilight blurted.

"And this is funny...how?"

"I...just told you...?" Twilight was getting confused. She never saw Celestia this angry before...Oh, wait. She did get pretty angry at Princess Cadence's wedding when the changling princess unveiled herself...Though, this time the tall white alicorn seemed bigger and bolder.

Celestia sighed and turned to the door. "Wa-was it something I said?" Twilight studdered as Celestia left her room. The door slammed in answer. Twilight sighed. 'I didn't mean it...I didn't know she would get mad at such a small thing like this.' Another knock at the door, and Twilight was hesitant to open it.

"Twilight...Is everything okay?" Luna asked. Twilight calmed down a little and opened the door. A dark blue alicorn peaked into the room, eyeing everything with her night blue eyes. She spotted Twilight and smiled, entering the room and closing the door behind her. "I kinda heard everything." Luna answered Twilight's question before she could ask it.

The somewhat small, compared to Celestia, alicorn lived in the room next to Twilight's. Princess Luna rarely came into Twilight's room now a days. It might just be because Twilight was only going to be at Canterlot for a week, but really it was unknown. Twilight sighed, sitting down on the floor.

"I'm awfully sorry, Luna. We didn't mean to disrupt your sleep. How are you feeling?" Princess Luna has been feeling under the weather lately. After her small shopping, she had headaches and stuff. Actually, in fact, the whole princess family, excluding Twilight, has been feeling this way. Could that be the reason why Celestia was acting the way she did? Was it so wrong that Twilight wanted to hear from her friends?

Luna kindly smiled, "It is alright, Twilight. I am sorry about that day. I should have told my sister where I was going." Luna exclaimed.

"Luna, it wasn't your fault." Twilight started.

"Yes it was. Who else could it be to get in so much trouble. I forgot to tell someone where I was going and just because of it, I sent chaos throughout Canterlot." Luna looked away, a little sad.

"Luna, you should be free to go wherever you choose." Twilight tried to reason with her.

"What is this, now? Luna is, in fact, the reason why you couldn't see any letters from Pinkie Pie." Celestia opened the door, looking violently in.

"Princess, please. Luna was just shopping! What harm was done? None!" Twilight fought back.

"Enough, Twilight! My sister is correct!" Luna tried to stop the fight.

"Luna shouldn't be punished for such a thing though! It wasn't like she stole anything!" Twilight bolted. Anger starting to come across her once kind, caring face.

"Is this what you think, Twilight Sparkle?!" Celestia asked, looking down to her young pupil.

"May I ask, if it is so wrong, why this is a huge deal? Celestia, there was no war because of this!"

"Twilight! How dare you! Did you see how much havoc came across Equestria because the raiser of the moon was gone?"

"It wasn't as bad as when you both were captured by the plant thing!" anger fully covered the purple alicorn's face. How was she getting so angry over something so small? Why was Celestia bothering over it?!

"Leave now, Twilight Sparkle! Leave and never return! For I do not want to see you ever again." Celestia boomed, pointing her one hoof out the door.

"What?! Wa-why? What did I do?" Twilight asked in confusion. A small sigh was heard in back of her. Luna did not want this at all.

"I'm sorry Twilight. I'm so so sorry." was all the moon princess could say, looking down onto the floor.

"I said, leave Twilight! You are banned from Canterlot! Go quickly to Ponyville and pack up your things! Then leave there too, for you are banned there too!" Celestia boldly exclaimed, looking to her pupil-no-more in disgust. How could she choose Twilight as her one faithful student? Throughout all Twilight's studies, there was at least one thing about friendship that she still hasn't unlocked, and she fears she never will.

Without a word, Twilight slowly walked through her room to the hallway. She looked back, only to see the back end of the sun princess. Tears crept down as she looked away. "F-Fine! If that's how it is! Then...goodbye! I hope Canterlot can survive without me!" Twilight yelled, galloping out of the castle as fast as she could, leaving a small trail of tears behind her.

When outside, she violently opened her wings and took off as fast as a rocket would to go to the moon. She flew fast to Ponyville in anger, enough speed that she could have done a sonic rainboom. 'Why is this happening? I don't understand!' She landed a little harsh, but not enough to hurt a pegasus.

She quickly opened the door, and surprisingly it was not enough force to rip the door off the library, and stormed inside to quickly slam the door. Spike, who was organizing some books, jumped and quickly turned to Twilight. His tired look turned to a happy, excited face as he ran to her and gave her a hug. "Twilight! Welcome back."

A small sniff worried him as he looked up to her, concerned. "What's wrong, Twilight?"

Twilight, unsure how to answer, just looked sadly to the baby dragon. How could she tell her friends that she, Twilight Sparkle, was banned from Canterlot and Ponyville? "Spike...I." her voice was shaky. The events just hit her and she couldn't believe it.

The library door slammed open, making the two jump. They turned around to see a familiar blue pony with rainbow colored mane and tail. Twilight quickly changed expressions, trying not to worry her friend. "Rainbow Dash! How are you?" Twilight greeted with a forced smile.

Rainbow's jaw dropped, "Twilight! Your back?!" she flew over to the purple alicorn and hugged her.

"Yes, I am." Twilight responded, returning the hug.

"How's flying going?" Rainbow then asked. "Has the awesome me taught you well?"

Twilight giggled, "It's going well. Actually, I flew here from Canterlot. 20 seconds...flat." Twilight grinned, repeating Rainbow's famous first words to her when she first moved to Ponyville.

"Oh, come on! I could do it probably in 10 seconds, but I'm glad that you're getting better." Rainbow joked, moving over to the Daring Do book section. "It doesn't seem like there's any new ones out yet." she said, looking back over to Twilight and Spike. "So, should I bring over the girls? They'd be happy to know if your back."

"No..." Twilight flatly stated, her forced happy face suddenly started turning back to her sad stage.

"What's going on with you?" Rainbow asked, confused at the sudden change of expression.

"Promise you won't tell anypony?" Twilight looked up.

Rainbow sighed. "Cross my heart and hope to die; stick a cupcake in my eye." she stated, going through all the motions Pinkie has made out of her Pinkie Promise.

Twilight sighed, then looked away. "I've been banned."

Rainbow's jaw dropped once more, "What? From where?"

"Canterlot." Twilight seemed to shrink towards the floor.

"Well at least you still can be here." Rainbow exclaimed, trying hard to make her pony friend feel better.

"I'm banned from here too..." A tear dared to drop, and Twilight gave up, letting the tears drop once more.

Unable to say anything, the surprised Rainbow Dash moved over to her friend and laid on the floor next to her. She wrapped her wing around her. "Hey, now. Everything will be alright...I-I just know it will." Rainbow kindly smiled, forcing herself not to let tears drop as she comforted her friend.

"No it won't." Twilight muttered onto the floor.

"Twilight...you shouldn't worry. I mean, maybe there's a reason for all of this." Rainbow tried, she needed to get her off of this subject.

"Hm..." Was all the alicorn next to her could say. There, on the library floor, they laid until noon. "I guess I should be going." Twilight said, levitating a saddle bag and putting it on. Spike was putting food and a book or two for Twilight's journey.

"Now, hold on one second, Twilight!" Rainbow jolted, running in front of her. "I'm going with you!"

Twilight looked up to her. "No, Rainbow. I couldn't stand having you with me...You shouldn't be banned as well. What about the Wonderbolt's? They wouldn't possibly want a traitor join them."

Rainbow haven't thought of that, but she knew her friend was more important than her Wonderbolt dream. "That doesn't matter, Twilight! I am going with you no matter what!" Rainbow protested.

Twilight sighed, she knew after Rainbow said she didn't care about the Wonderbolts, that there was no fighting the blue pony's accompany. "Fine..." She had to hide it, but she actually wanted somepony with her. Her journey would be long and treacherous, and she would probably go mad without somepony with her. "Thanks...Rainbow." she mumbled, though loud enough for just Rainbow to hear.

Author's Note:

Hey everypony! I hope you all are enjoying this so far! Sorry if it was a little rushed to the point in the beginning. I seem to have problems with that! ^_^' Feel free to comment below! I would like to hear from you to see how you feel about this so far. Thanks for reading!