• Published 26th Mar 2012
  • 4,680 Views, 38 Comments

Can you see the rainbow? - Deathsia



Pinkie Pie plays a prank on Rainbow Dash which goes horribly, horribly WRONG.

  • ...
10
 38
 4,680

Fate

FATE

ONE DAY LATER:

Pinkie Pie opened her eyes with a start as she looked around herself and immediately was sent into a state of confusion. She was standing in front of her hospital bed looking at herself while a loud high pitched steady “beeeeeeeeep!” echoed throughout the room. “What the hay?!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed in a confused tone.

At this exact point medical ponies rushed into the room around the Pinkie Pie in the hospital bed. “Get a toaster in here stat!” Nurse Redheart exclaimed as she flung the covers off the pink mare in the bed as another pushed a wheel cart in with a shock pad device on it very quickly.

“What are you ponies doing?! I'm right here!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed as she attempted to grab a hold of one of the medical ponies only for her hooves to seemingly phase right through them and gasped.

“Clear!” Nurse Redheart exclaimed at which point the pink mare in the bed convulsed, but the device did not stop it's long and steady “beeeeep!” sound. “Four hundred volts.....Clear!” Nurse Redheart exclaimed at which point the pink mare in the bed convulsed again but the steady beep did not stop.

“Wh-what's going on? Why can't they see or hear me? Why did my hoof just go right through that pony?” Pinkie Pie asked in a scared tone.

“Come on Pinkie Pie! Don't you quit on me! Five hundred volts....Clear!” Nurse Redheart exclaimed as she put the shock pads on the pink mare who convulsed once again but the device did not stop it's steady beep sound.

“Call it?” One of the medical ponies said in a quiet voice.

“Hell no! Six hundred volts!” Nurse Redheart exclaimed.

“Nurse Red-I SAID SIX HUNDRED VOLTS DAMN IT!” Nurse Red heart nearly screamed cutting off the medical mare who looked shocked at first but did as she asked just the same.

“Come on Pinkie! Don't you give up! Your friends need you damn it! Clear!” Nurse Redheart exclaimed as she applied the shock pads to the pink mare once again however the loud beeping continued just the same.

“That can't be me...it's-it's impossible!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed in a horrified tone.

“Hello Pinkamena Pie.” A voice said at which point Pinkie Pie whirled around to see a snow white Pegasus pony but this didn't look like your average Pegasus. This snow white mare was as tall as Celestia and had glistening wavy hair that looked like flowing snow, but lacked the horn.

“You can see me? Who or what are you?” Pinkie Pie said in a scared tone.

“That's a tough question Pinkie Pie. For all intent and purpose though, you can call me the angel of death. My job is to guide ponies who have passed on to the next world, whether it be heaven or hell.” The Angel of death replied.

“Wait...so I really am dead? This isn't a tricky trick?” Pinkie Pie replied and looked over at herself in the bed.

Nurse Redheart gave a heavy sigh. “Time of death, five-thirty in the morning.” Nurse Redheart said in a sad tone her voice cracking as she spoke.

Upon hearing these words Pinkie Pie seemingly froze she couldn't believe what was happening. She was dead. “Why did this happen? I was fine just yesterday! Sure I spazzed out a little but I was fine!” Pinkie Pie asked looking at the angel of death with tear filled eyes.

“You had internal bleeding that no pony knew about or could have predicted. “The angel of death replied at which point Pinkie Pie's jaw dropped.

“Wait...I remember now! This is exactly what happened to Rainbow Dash! But why did the same thing happen to me that happened to her?” Pinkie Pie asked in a confused tone.

“Fate is a fickle thing. Before the age of ponies, humans did not have abilities you ponies have today. Because of this I had to make changes in order to maintain the order in this world. The fate that was once Rainbow Dash's is now yours. You made a noble sacrifice Pinkie Pie and that type of act does not go unrewarded.” The Angel of death said with a soft yet sad smile.


-------------------------------------------------

“Pinkie Pie! No!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed snapping awake out of a dead sleep.

Sweetie Belle's cry was so loud that it woke up Rarity whom she was staying with for the week who came in and flipped the light on in her room. “What's wrong Sweetie Belle?” Rarity asked in a concerned tone when she saw Sweetie Belle sobbing loudly, walked over and put a hoof over her.

“It-it's P-Pinkie P-Pie...” Sweetie Belle said between sobs.

“What wrong darling?” Rarity asked feeling an overwhelming sense of dread now knowing that even thought Sweetie Belle and Pinkie Pie were no longer connected they still had a bond to one another.

“She's gone...” Sweetie Belle said in a horse whispering tone between sobs.

“Are you sure? We've all been very worried about her.” Rarity replied her voice cracking as she spoke.

“I-I can't feel her anymore...even though our link was broken we have always been able to feel one another. But now...” Sweetie Belle said trailing off and sobbing even louder if possible. “It feels like apart of me is dead!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed and continued to sob.

“I'm going to get a hold of the others Sweetie Belle. I'll be back as soon as I can and when I get back with the others we will go strait to the hospital. Will you be okay for a little while?” Rarity asked in a quiet tone to which Sweetie Belle nodded.

Rarity swiftly left the room and could be heard closing the front door to her home a few moments later.

It was at this point Pinkie Pie and the angel of death appeared in Sweetie Belle's room.

“Sweetie Belle...” Pinkie Pie said quietly tears in her eyes as she spoke.

Sweetie Belle's eyes snapped open and looked to her side. “P-Pinkie Pie?” Sweetie Belle said in a disbelieving tone.

“Wait! She can see me?!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed looking up at the angel of death who silently nodded.

“This is your reward. You have until the end of this week to spend time with Sweetie Belle. She is after all, your other half. What you choose to do with this time you have with her is up to you.” The angel of death replied and disappeared in a bright flash of light.

“I thought you were dead!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed happily, ran over to Pinkie Pie and attempted to hug her only to phase through her then looked up in confusion.

“I-I am dead Sweetie Belle...” Pinkie Pie replied her voice cracking as she spoke as if she was finally coming to terms with this herself.

“You mean...you're a ghost?” Sweetie Belle replied her tears filling with tears once again.

“Yeah, but only till the end of this week. Only you can see me, but at the end of the week, I go to the great cake factory in the sky or so I’m told.” Pinkie Pie replied with a soft smile.

“Only I can see you? Why?” Sweetie Belle asked curiously still teary eyed, but curious all the same.

“It's my reward for sacrificing myself to save Rainbow Dash I guess.” Pinkie Pie replied with a soft smile.

Sweetie Belle sniffled and sigh upon hearing this. “I guess it only makes sense...we used to be the same pony after all. But I can't even hug you.” Sweetie Belle replied and sighed.

“Yo! Miss super cool angel of death! I know you can hear me! Throw me a cupcake here!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed looking upward but there was no response. “Oh well, worth a try I guess.” Pinkie Pie replied and gave a light giggle.

“Angel of death?” Sweetie Belle asked in a confused tone.

“It's complicated...” Pinkie Pie replied and turned to look at the door as Rarity, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Applejack rushed into the room.

“We heard what Rarity told us. Are you completely sure?” Twilight asked in a worried tone.

“Yes, her ghost is...” Sweetie Belle began to say but trailed off as Pinkie Pie jumped in front of her and waved her hooves in front of her hysterically.

“Don't tell them I’m right here! Last thing we need is them thinking you've gone loco in the coco!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed in a panicked tone.

“What were ya about to say sugarcube?” Applejack asked in a soft tone.

“Yes, she's dead..I can feel it.” Sweetie Belle said lowering her face as tears flowed from her eyes and dripped onto the floor.

“Nothing against you Sweetie Belle, but I want to hear it from nurse Redheart herself.” Rainbow Dash said in a disbelieving tone.

“That's Dashie for ya. Refusing to believe anything till she sees it with her own eyes.” Pinkie Pie said with a soft smile followed by a sigh.

“Lets all go to the hospital.” Twilight suggested to which they all agreed and followed Twilight out of Rarity's house along with Sweetie Belle and Pinkie Pie.


-------------------------------------------------------


The six ponies walked through the front doors of the hospital and into the waiting room to see nurse Redheart filling out papers silently crying to herself, looked up with a shocked look, sniffled, and wiped her eyes before walking from behind it to meet them halfway to the registration desk.

“Nurse Redheart, we came to ask about Pinkie Pie, ya see Sweetie Belle here has been goin on about how she passed away. We ain't sayin we don't believe her now, but we all wanna be plum sure she just isn't bein overly paranoid.” Applejack said in a soft tone hoping she really was.

“I-I'm afraid it's true. She passed away just a little over an hour ago.” Nurse Redheart replied in a horse voice which cracked as she spoke.

“No...” Rainbow Dash said incredulously in a stunned tone.

“Consarn it all!” Applejack exclaimed abruptly bucking a chair next to her which went flying and broke into fragments upon hitting the wall.

“Pinkie Pie....I can't believe this is happening!” Twilight exclaimed as tears formed in her eyes.

“How could this happen? She was just fine yesterday!” Rarity exclaimed in a disbelieving tone.

“How did you die?” Sweetie Belle asked in a whisper so no pony could hear her.

“Internal bleeding that the medical ponies couldn't find till it was too late.” Pinkie Pie replied in a sad tone. It tore her up to watch her friend's grieve in front of her eyes. She wanted to say something, anything, to let them know she was going to be okay, that she was going on to a better place, but she knew they couldn't hear her.

“She had been bleeding internally for the last twelve hours. I'm so stupid! I should have did a more thorough check up on her when she was first admitted!” Redheart exclaimed slamming a hoof on the coffee table next to her.

“No! There was nothing you could have done! Sweetie Belle, tell her there was nothing she could have done!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed looking at nurse Redheart at first then Sweetie Belle.

“I don't think there was anything you could have done.” Sweetie Belle said causing every pony to turn and look at her.

“That's very kind of you to say, but yes there was. I could have done my job better as a nurse. I'm going to be quitting after I finish filling out the paperwork for Pinkie Pie. It's clear to me now that being a medical pony is not my special talent after all.” Nurse Redheart replied with a sigh.

Pinkie Pie then ran up to Nurse Redheart phrasing through Rarity, Twilight, and Rainbow Dash who suddenly felt a freezing cold shiver run up their spines. “Did it get cold in here all the sudden?” Twilight asked with a slight shiver.

“No! It wasn't your fault! Being a medical pony is your passion Redheart! Don't you dare give it up because of me!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed jumping up and down in front of nurse Redheart but she couldn't see nor hear the pink mare as she slowly walked through her shivering slightly as she walked back to the registration desk.

“Argh! I can't believe this! Is this a reward or punishment?!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed in an outraged tone looking up now then looked over at Sweetie Belle, walked over to her and sat on her rump.

“What's the point in being a ghost and seeing all this if I can't do anything...” Pinkie Pie said sad tone as tears dripped from her eyes, down her cheeks, and onto the floor.

“Well, I can see and hear you.” Sweetie Belle replied in a whisper which caused the pink mare's eyes to light up.

“That's right! You can see and hear me! I need you to talk with Nurse Redheart alone. You think you can manage that?” Pinkie Pie asked with a hopeful smile.

“Of course! And I know exactly how to do it!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed in a whisper catching on to what Pinkie Pie was thinking, focused magic into her horn and cast a time freezing spell that left her, Pinkie Pie, and Nurse Redheart unaffected. “Nurse Redheart I need to tell you something important!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed running behind the reception counter.

“I'm sorry I’m very busy now.” Nurse Redheart replied then noticed that the room was far too quiet, looked around, and gawked at what she saw, then looked back at Sweetie Belle. “What did you...” Nurse Redheart began to saw but trailed off catching on as she noticed Sweetie Belle's horn glowing.

“I don't have a whole lot of time here but I need to tell that I can see and hear Pinkie Pie's ghost! She's right next to me!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed at which point nurse Redheart looked to the side of the filly but did not see her.

“I don't see her.” Nurse Redheart replied and sighed.

“Only I can see her. It's one of those higher power thingy's going on here. I don't know much more than you do. Anyways, Pinkie Pie told me to tell you that it wasn't your fault, there was nothing you could have done.” Sweetie Belle replied with a smile.

“I'm not so sure I believe you.” Nurse Redheart replied.

“Okay, she wants to be a doubting tomcolt fine! Tell her that I told you about the time I busted her reading a playfilly magazine when we were fifteen and I promised not to tell her as long as she helped me act sick so I could get out of a test during the eighth grade.” Pinkie Pie said with a smirk.

Sweetie Belle repeated this word for word at which point Nurse Redheart with beat red with embarrassment. “No pony knew about that except me and her! How could you possibly...” Nurse Redheart said trailing off before she gasped and put a hoof over her mouth. “You really can see and her...can't you?” Nurse Redheart said as her eyes filled with tears.

“Duh! That's what she was telling you all along you silly filly!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed and giggled insanely for a few moments.

“She can't hear you.” Sweetie Belle said with a smirk looking at Pinkie Pie now.

“Can she hear me?” Nurse Redheart asked in a soft tone to which Sweetie Belle nodded. “Pinkie Pie, I just want to say how sorry I am for not being able to save your life. If only I had seen it in time...” Nurse Redheart said nearly breaking into tears by the time she had finished speaking.

“There was no way you could have, it was my time to go and don't you worry! I'll be going to that great cake factory in the sky soon enough! So please don't quit being a nurse because of me, it would make me super sad if you did because of me.” Pinkie Pie said with a warm smile which Sweetie Belle relayed the same message.

“Alright, I won't quit. I will continue to do my job as a medical pony in honor of your name Pinkie.” Nurse Redheart said with a warm smile.

Sweetie Belle then stopped casting the spell at which point a bright flash light occurred and Nurse Redheart was once again standing in front of the six ponies.

“That's very kind of you to say, but...” Nurse Redheart began to say only to trail off realizing she was about the say the exact same thing she had said seemingly a few moments ago, looked at Sweetie Belle who winked at her, then gave a soft smile. “But I see now that there are some things in life you can't possibly predict.” Nurse Redheart said still teary eyed, turned around and began to walk away from the six but stopped. “If there was one thing I could say to Pinkie Pie right now, it would be that she was truly the best friend anypony could ask for.” Nurse Redheart said not looking at them before continuing back to the registration desk knowing that Pinkie Pie could in fact hear her.

“I-I can't believe she's gone...” Rainbow Dash said in a stunned tone then her eyes lit up as if she realized something. “Listen, I’m going to go out for some fresh air. I need to clear my head.” Rainbow Dash said after a few moments walking out the doors to the hospital.

Pinkie Pie paid no mind to this at first then her expression went panicked as she recalled what she had told her.



“Sweetie Belle, you remember those stone shards that had the ability to reverse magic that normally couldn't be reversed back during the war that we hid in the ever free forest?” Pinkie Pie asked in a panicked tone.

“Yeah, why?” Sweetie Belle replied with a confused expression.

“I told Rainbow Dash about them and I think she might try to use them to revive discord to make the same deal I made!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

“Wait, what?! You made a deal with Discord?!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed aloud catching everypony's attention though she hadn't noticed.

“That's why I'm here and Rainbow Dash isn't! See, I made a deal with Discord to turn back the hooves of time so I could save her life. Because I did this, her fate became my own. If she makes the same deal everything I’ve done will be for nothing! And I’m willing to bet cupcakes to bits that he won't make the same mistake with me as he did her! He'll make sure she saves my life and lives as well so he can get released for good this time!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed however Sweetie Belle didn't hear her for some reason.

“Pinkie Pie? Where are you? What's happening?!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed in a frantic tone.

“Sweetie Belle? Can't you hear me?!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed in a panicked tone.

Ah,ah,ah! I don't need you ruining my plans...

Discord's voice echoed throughout the room.

“Discord! What have you done? How are you doing this?! I'm dead! Our deal should have been broken completely when I passed away! There's no way you can interfere with a super higher power like the angel of death!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed in an outraged tone.

Discord then appeared next to her and cackled evilly. “Can't interfere with the natural order you say? Have we meet? I'm discord, the GOD of chaos and disharmony!” Discord exclaimed and cackled.

“Hey miss angel of death! Get your flank down here!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed looking up. Unlike the last two times the angel of death did indeed respond to her call and appeared next to her.

“You called?” The angel of death said in a quiet tone.

“What the hay is going on here?! How is discord able to interfere with your gift to me?! Our deal should have been broken when I died!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed angrily.

“Haha, you neglected to tell her a key clause in making deals with me didn't you?” Discord said to the angel of death and chuckled.

“What clause?!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed outraged.

“I expected you to interfere with the fates of others Pinkie Pie, but not Rainbow Dash's.” The angel of death replied and sighed.

“What do you mean?! Wasn't that the whole reason why you let me be able to talk to Sweetie Belle? To stop rainbow Dash from making the same mistake that I did?” Pinkie Pie replied in a confused tone.

“My reason for this gift was because you nobly sacrificed yourself Pinkie. I didn't have any other greater purpose planed. However the fact that you attempted to meddle in Rainbow Dash's fate is why Discord was able to interfere.” The angel of death replied then looked at Discord. “You don't want to get on my bad side Discord.” The angel of death said narrowing her eyes at the hydrocephalus.

“I have done nothing to violate any of your laws, nothing states that I can't prevent Sweetie Belle from seeing Pinkie Pie. I have in no way under minded your gift to her, I have only rendered Sweetie Belle unable to see ghosts, hahaha!” Discord said followed by a malicious laugh.

“But isn't that the whole purpose of the gift so she can see and hear me?!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed in a disbelieving tone.

“Of all the low things to do...you've hit a new low with me Discord! You may not have directly interfered with the gift I gave Pinkie Pie, but to going around MY RULES using a loophole that I did not see before. You want to play hard ball? I'm game Discord! But don't say I didn't warn you over fifty thousand years ago when we first met!” The angel of death exclaimed angrily and during her statement to him snow white mane erupted into a blazing bright flame which showed of the amount of fury she felt towards him.

“Forgive me if I’m not quaking in my non-existent hooves.” Discord said looking over his lion's paw at the moment with a nonchalant expression.

“Pinkie Pie...you asked me for the ability to touch Sweetie Belle earlier right? Consider that request granted and then some!” The angel of death exclaimed at which point her eyes glowed.

“Sweetie Belle? What are you saying? Are you-what in Celestia's name? P-Pinkie Pie?” Twilight said trailing off with her first sentence, gasping as Pinkie Pie suddenly poofed into existence in front of their eyes and said her final words in a stunned tone.

“What have you done?!” Discord exclaimed in an outraged tone.

“I have given Pinkie Pie a temporary physical form that only her close friends can see. She can interact with the world around her. She is no longer a ghost, rather something not even you can touch. I warned you not to trifle with me Discord.” The angel of death said then looked at Pinkie Pie who could barely believe what was happening. “Pinkie Pie, this form I have given you will only last for twenty four hours. I hereby encourage you to stop Rainbow Dash from making a deal with him.” The angel of death said then looked at Discord with a cocky smile.

“How dare you?! You have violated your own rules here!” Discord exclaimed in an outraged tone.

“Oh don't you worry. There is one perk you will receive in compensation to maintain the order. I can no longer do anything more. So you can do what you can to try and stop them, however unlikely as it might be.” The angel of death said then turned to Pinkie Pie. “The rest is up to you Pinkie Pie. I have violated sacred laws by granting you a physical form. My previous gift no longer applies to you so once twenty-four hours is up, you will be forced to go to the place you belong. I must now return to above to face my judgment.” The angel of death said and disappeared in a flash of light.

“What in tarnation is going on here?!” Applejack exclaimed unable to believe her eyes while Rarity literally fainted on the spot hitting the floor with a soft thud.

“Would you like the long or short version?” Pinkie Pie said with a grin then gasped recalling what she was even granted this form in the first place for. “Actually, we'll save that for later! Right now we have to stop Rainbow Dash!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed and ran to the door and hit face first.

“Opsie...not a ghost anymore...forgot...ow-wie!” Pinkie Pie remarked in a muffled tone with her mouth against the door, pulled it off, and opened the doors before running out.

“I'll stay with Rarity, follow her!” Twilight exclaimed at which point Applejack, Fluttershy, and Sweetie Belle ran out the door following Pinkie Pie.

“What in the world just happened?! I could have swore I just saw Pinkie Pie!” Nurse Redheart exclaimed as she ran over to Rarity and examined her.

“I don't know...your guess is as good as mine.” Twilight replied honestly. The purple unicorn had no idea what was going on but she knew something big was going down.

---------------------------------------

“Ya care to give us the low-down on how the hay you just appeared in front of us for? Not that ah'm not happy to see ya again and all, heck, I’m plum happy as granny smith during zap apple harvest!” Applejack exclaimed as they followed Pinkie Pie.

“It's a super long story but the short version is that I’m only allowed to be here for twenty-four hours then I go to the big cake factory in the sky.” Pinkie Pie replied as they ran along the town path towards the Everfree forest.

“Wait, so some higher power from above brought ya back to life for twenty-four cotton pickin hours?! Why the hay would they do that?!” Applejack exclaimed in a confused tone.

“To stop rainbow Dash from repeating my mistake!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed as they ran into the opening fields of the Everfree forest.

“Wh-what mistake?” Fluttershy asked as she flew above them keeping up with them as well as she can.

“I'll explain later!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed as she found the spot where she had hidden the shards.
“What the hay are we lookin for?” Applejack asked as Pinkie Pie and Sweetie Belle searched the area.

“Green crystal shards.” Sweetie Belle replied simply as she moved bushes around. “You didn't tell her where they were did you?” Sweetie Belle asked curiously.

“No, she doesn't know.” Pinkie Pie replied in a face speaking tone as she searched.

Oh, I wouldn't say that...

“Discord? You didn't?!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed as she looked around while Applejack and Fluttershy exchanged confused looks.

“Oh but I did. Rainbow Dash may not be able to see or hear, but that doesn't mean I couldn't point her in the right direction. She should be arriving here in a few short hours with the shards and spell book in hoof.” Discord said appearing on the tree face grinning evilly.

“No!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed thrusting a hoof into the tree only for Discord to disappear just before she hit it.

My release is mere hours away and the first thing I’m going to do is send you to where you belong!

Discord's voice echoed followed by a sinister laugh that echoed even louder if possible and faded.

“What the hay is going on here Pinkie? If it's about discord Ah'm more inclined to believe ya now than ah was afore, if ya goin and be poppin into thin air after we all heard ya is dead and all, than nothin is out of the cotton pickin question now.” Applejack said walking up to Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie Pie let then out a heavy sigh. “It's a long story but I’ll try and be a short as possible. Then we need to go after Rainbow Dash!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed, sat on her rump, and began to tell the whole tale of the deal she made, how Rainbow Dash was supposed to have died and how her fate became Pinkie's.

TWENTY -TWO HOURS REMAINING:

Rarity's eyes fluttered open weakly as she looked about the room. She was in a hospital bed with Twilight right next to her. “What happened? The last thing I recall is seeing Pinkie Pie but I couldn't have, she's...” Rarity said trailing off.

“You saw her alright, and so did the rest of us. Though how she's back and all is beyond me. But we need to follow them.” Twilight replied at which point Rarity hopped off her bed and onto the floor.

“How will we find them? And Pinkie Pie really is back?” Rarity said with tears of joy in her eyes.

“I put a tracking spell on Sweetie Belle before they left, I can teleport us right to them, but I don't know why Pinkie is back. I'm sure she'll tell us all about it when we catch up.” Twilight said and began to focus magic into her horn.

“Stop! She can't leave! She fainted and she needs to be looked after for at least twenty-four hours so we can determine the cause!” Nurse Redheart exclaimed as she ran into the room.

“Shock from seeing Pinkie Pie, there ya have it.” Twilight replied simply and resumed focusing her magic.

“But you can't just-!” Nurse Redheart began to say only for the two to disappear in a flash of magic.

“Unicorns....” Nurse Redheart remarked with as she rolled her eyes in an annoyed manner and exhaled out of her nose making a sputtering sound exactly like a horse does. (play “snort and a rim-shot” now and imagine nurse Redheart in place of Pinkie Pie)

--------------------------------------------

Pinkie Pie had just finished her explanation when Twilight and Rarity popped right next to Sweetie Belle in a flash of magic at which point Rarity's eyes swelled up in tears. “Pinkie Pie...” Rarity said as she ran over and hugged the pink mare tightly.

“Okay, so what in the name of Celestia is going on?!” Twilight exclaimed in annoyance.

“The long and short of it is this, Pinkie here made a deal with discord usin some cotton pickin shards called magical fixers or somethin like that and had him turn back the hooves of time so she could save Rainbow Dash's life, but discord bein the varmint he is messed with Pinkie Pie and only gave her riddles that she didn't figure out till the last moment. Ah'll skip over the parts we already know and just get to the point, Discord is tryin to use Rainbow Dash to make the same deal knowing she would react just like Pinkie did so he can get released and all for good. So pinkie here has only twenty four cotton pickin hours to stop him and be here before she goes and disappears.” Applejack said in a fast paced tone that would give even Pinkie Pie a run for her bits. Despite this fast paced speaking, Twilight understood every word of it.

“Then lets stop her!” Twilight exclaimed and began to focus her magic in order to teleport all of them to Discord's statue in Celestia's royal garden...