• Published 22nd Mar 2014
  • 1,969 Views, 27 Comments

Strip Slip - Indeliblink



Rainbow Dash is fired from her job as weather manager and has to find a new one. Unfortunately, she doesn't have many options, and eventually ends up in a bar in Manehattan. I think we all know where this is going.

  • ...
6
 27
 1,969

What a Tease!

It was late afternoon in Manehattan, and countless ponies were milling about on the streets of the city. Several of them, all of whom happened to be in front of de Trottier's Dresses and Décor, were disturbed from their thoughts by a sudden ruckus in the form of one white unicorn who suddenly burst out the front doors of the building and nearly bowled them over as she stormed away.

Rarity had just been on the receiving end of a particularly nasty chewing-out by an even nastier pony: Neighton de Trottier, founder of the chain of high-end dress and fabric stores spread throughout Equestria. This stallion, in his infinite wisdom and grace, had not-so-subtly suggested a merging of businesses... along with other things Rarity didn't care to think about. All she needed to know was that he now understood where he had gone so terribly wrong. In her opinion, a swift buck to his more... sensitive areas, as well as to his ego, had more than sufficed in that department.

Oh, boy, did it ever suffice.

Now stuck in Manehattan for the remainder of the evening with no new business advancements and seemingly nothing to do, she elected to do what anypony would: Get a drink.

The fashionista wandered around, searching for a decent establishment and doing quite the bit of window shopping as she went. Time quickly passed by, and the sun was soon setting; she'd need to hurry up and choose a place soon, or she might as well start heading for the train station now.

Spotting a large, attractive sign just a little ways down the street, she finally settled for this unfamiliar place, called Bite's Bar. She'd never visited it, nor even heard of it, but at least she could be sure she'd find some liquor there. She broke into a brisk trot towards the building.

As soon as she pushed through the door, Rarity knew she'd come to the right place. Lively, relatively clean, and with an atmosphere that pressed in from all sides, making her feel giddy and lightheaded. Yes, I do believe this fine establishment will meet my needs... and then some.

She made her way across the wide space and settled down at the bar, knocking her hoof politely on top to get the bartender's attention. "Excuse me," she called, "I'll have a cosmopolitan, if you please, sir."

The stallion moved in front of her, shaking his head as he cleaned out a mug. "Sorry, miss, we're fresh out of cranberry juice."

"Oh." Rarity's brow furrowed in thought for a brief moment. "Just the vodka then."

Once a glass had been filled and given to her, Rarity held it aloft with her magic while doing a quick once-over of the bar. It was actually rather spacious, much more so than it appeared from the outside, and her muzzle scrunched up slightly at the mob of crazed ponies around the base of a pole-dancing stage. What boorish, uncouth--

"A round of applause for our next performer..." Rarity tuned out the suave voice of the announcer and stared down at her drink, recalling the meeting she had conducted with de Trottier. That dirty, rotten pervert... She fumed silently, squeezing her drink between her forehooves. Why, we hardly talked about the merger at all! As if I'd have gone through with it with somepony like him, anyway!

The bartender watched this strange mare apprehensively. She'd been glaring right through him for nearly five minutes, and he swore he could see a tiny crack in the glass she was holding. Maybe it was just his eyes playing tricks--

*crunch*

Nope, he was right. The glass shattered between Rarity's hooves, and she yelped as she was snapped out of her silent rage by a spike of pain. She and the bartender stared at the pieces of glass stuck into her skin, and soon enough, the blood started flowing.

"Gah," Rarity hissed, "um, sir, where might I find the ladies' room?"

"Mares' room is through the hall next to the stage, on your right." Rarity thanked him and followed the directions, wincing with each step. As she reached the door on the right side labeled 'Restroom,' she glanced to her left and caught a glimpse of a multicolored tail slipping around a corner. She did a sharp double-take, not quite believing her eyes.

"That... No, couldn't be," she muttered, entering the bathroom. "Must be dye, or something."

She limped over to the faucet and filled the sink, propped up onto her hindquarters, and soaked her forehooves in the water. Using her magic to pick out the bits of glass, she washed them gently until the water had been tinted a deep red, then drained the sink. Some sort of wrapping was needed to cover the wounds, but she supposed paper towels would have to do for now.

With her makeshift bandages tightened, Rarity took a few long looks in the mirror before exiting the bathroom. Mangling her hooves had been just the right way to end a perfectly dreadful day, so she walked back to the bar and paid for her drink, preparing to leave.

"You alright?" The bartender asked. Rarity smiled lightly; at least some ponies still had a sense of decency.

"Why, yes, I'm fine, darling. Thank you for your concern."

"Leaving already?"

"I should. I need to get back to Ponyville, and these hooves aren't going to get me to the train station very quickly." Rarity grimaced. She was already dreading the painfully long trot to the station, her hooves throbbing faintly.

The stallion clicked his tongue. "Well, you could always stay a bit longer. Maybe see if a few more drinks don't numb up your hooves a bit?"

"I... I really shouldn't..." Rarity bit her lip, glancing back at the door. As much as she'd have liked to stay, Sweetie Belle needed to be put to bed, and she had orders to prepare for tomorrow, and the dishes needed to be done...

She flinched as a grating voice once more boomed throughout the room, but her ears shot straight up as she processed the words.

"...se welcome the strong, the graceful: Rainbow Dash!"

Rarity's breath stopped short, her eyes widening ever so slightly. No... She turned, her mouth falling open as she laid her eyes on a blue pegasus slinking across the stage, grasping the tall pole gently.

Rarity barely noticed the thud of her rump hitting the barstool, followed by a dazed murmur, "Scotch, double."

Rainbow Dash... Rarity had no words. The mare's prismatic mane and tail had been thoroughly brushed and perfectly straightened; they actually appeared quite a bit longer than they usually did, perhaps because Rainbow's high-speed life left them usually windswept and knotted. White socks had been donned on her long legs, clearly accentuating the curves of her flanks. A pinch of eyeliner brought out the contrast between her blue fur and deep rose eyes, and Rarity could make out a faint blush on her cheeks that looked startlingly realistic.

What Rarity couldn't tear her gaze from, however, was Rainbow's cyan coat. It was brushed uniformly over her whole body, with a less-than-subtle fluffing around her chest that made the long fur billow out as though it were a soft pillow. Rarity licked her lips, which had suddenly become mysteriously dry. A very soft pillow... She turned momentarily and gulped down the entirety of the drink that awaited her, ignoring the knowing look she felt from a certain stallion who just may have noticed her reaction to the show.

"Another--" She wheezed, pounding her chest as the liquor burned her throat. "Another of the same, and make it snappy."

Not bothering to wait for a reply, she spun around again, taking in the sight of Rainbow snaking her lithe body around the pole. My word, she looks absolutely divine! Her eyebrows lowered slightly as a sudden realization came to her. How come she refuses to let me touch her mane, yet at a bar it's perfectly fine for her to... to... Her thoughts were once again smothered by the sight of that deep blue coat, swirling like an ocean as it swept up and engulfed the pole. The mare's fur shimmered in the overhead lights of the bar, a glossy sheen making her entire body glow radiantly.

"My, Rainbow Dash," Rarity murmured absently. "You certainly do clean up well."

"You know her?" The bartender asked, surprised.

"Indeed, I do."

He rubbed his chin, opening his mouth hesitantly. "Would you happen to, ah... be in the same business?" When Rarity's gaze snapped to his, he held up his hooves defensively. "I mean, you're certainly pretty enough that I wouldn't be surprised."

Her sudden indignation dying off, she shook her head, feeling her face light up in a faint blush. "Thank you, darling, but no. We're actually close friends." Her gaze trailed back to the stage, and her expression grew unsure. "Though, I suppose we must not be as close as I thought..."

"I see," he muttered, and Rarity levitated her glass to her lips, taking a sip, and she gasped as her horn was suddenly covered by a soft object. The glass in her magical hold slipped and fell to the ground, shattering on contact.

"Ugh, lady, yer gonna have to stop breaking my glasses..." The bartender sighed and went to fetch a broom, but Rarity paid him no mind; her eyes were crossed, her attention focused on the object that now dangled down and lay across the bridge of her nose.

A sock.

Rainbow's sock.

The unicorn's face burned as she lifted the fabric from her face with a hoof, and she slowly raised her eyes to watch as the pegasus spun gracefully around the pole, then arched over backwards to scan the crowd. She waited apprehensively as Rainbow's gaze shifted around, eventually settling on her. And she wasn't looking away.

Oh, dear... Rarity felt her breath quicken as Rainbow's wide eyes flashed with recognition, her cheeks painted a deep red, and the pegasus tumbled to the floor. She lay motionless for a few seconds before she vanished; her rainbow trail faded, leaving her amassment of tips rustling loudly.

The bar had now lapsed into silence, soon being filled with confused and disappointed murmurs, which Rarity left behind as she excused herself from the counter and rushed down the hallway leading to the bathrooms. She took a left through a simple dressing room and into another short hallway that connected the room to the stage.

It was here she found Rainbow, pressed against the wall with her wings drooping from exhaustion and shame.

She rushed over to her, eyes alight with concern. "Rainbow, darling! What in Equestria are you doing here?!"

Rainbow planted a forehoof on her face. "I, eh... um... w-work here," she muttered at last. Rarity felt the need to hug her tightly, for some reason. Her tiny voice sounded more akin to Fluttershy's than her own usual cocky rasp, and she just looked so vulnerable and embarrassed and beautiful.

Ech! Focus on the main issue, Rarity!

"I know that, darling, I just..." She shook her head, failing to come up with a better way to ask the question. "What are you doing here?"

Rainbow sighed, sliding down the wall until she slumped down on her haunches. "Well, I... kinda got canned from my weather job. No place else would hire me, other than Sugarcube Corner, but that turned out to be a bust, so..." She waved a hoof in the direction of the stage, staring at the floor. "Here I am."

"Why, Rainbow," Rarity chided, "you could have simply come to one of your friends! I'd have been happy to help you in any way I can!"

Rainbow raised her head, regarding her helplessly. "I-I don't wanna be a burden..."

"Nonsense! What are friends for, dear?" Rarity sat beside her, wrapping a hoof around her shoulders comfortingly. "You forget that being the Element of Loyalty isn't exactly a one-way street. A friendship requires each pony to contribute a bit of each of the Elements if it is to remain strong. I'd be a terrible friend, not to mention Element of Generosity, if I didn't stick around to offer help when you needed some."

The pegasus shook her head, much to Rarity's dismay. "I'd still feel like I'm taking advantage of you--"

"Ah-ah-ah!" Rarity cut her off. "I'll hear nothing of the sort. Come now, I'm sure I could find you a..." Her voice trailed off as she remembered exactly who she was talking to: Rainbow Dash, the pony with the least motivation and the sketchiest work schedule in the whole town. She swallowed, putting on a small smile. "...a respectable position for you in my boutique."

Rainbow hesitated, staring at her with disbelief. "Really? You'd do that for me?" Her eyes narrowed suddenly. "I'm not gonna be turned into some living ponnequin, am I?"

Drat! Rarity bit her lip; that idea was out. "No, no you wouldn't," she sighed regretfully. What a waste of such an athletic figure...

Rainbow's features visibly relaxed, and she smiled gratefully. "Thanks, Rarity... this is so great of you."

The unicorn felt her face flush, and she rolled her eyes, secretly reveling in the mare's appreciation. "Heh, yes, I guess I am pretty great."

Rainbow rose to her hooves and nudged Rarity's chest gently, chuckling in her usual scratchy tone. "I thought I was supposed to be the cocky one."

Rarity leaned back, feigning hurt. "I can have a turn too, can't I?"

"Sure, sure." Rainbow's ears pricked up then, a sly grin spreading across her face. "Hey, wait... what are you doing here, hmmmm?" She leaned closer, relishing the nervous sputtering coming from the fashionista's mouth.

"I-I was just in the neighborhood delivering a dress order, and I decided to s-stop in for a drink." Rainbow raised an eyebrow, and Rarity quickly added, "and nothing else!"

"Somepony seems awfully defensive."

"I most certainly do not!" Rarity insisted, her cheeks growing redder. The implication that she, Rarity, Element of Generosity and star fashion designer, would go out and ogle beautiful rainbow-maned pegasi grinding against poles...

Rainbow laughed at her ever-darkening blush, and she forced a sudden rush of extraordinarily unclean thoughts from her mind. "So, how was I out there?"

"Oh, you..." She swore, if her face got any hotter, she'd be rushed to the hospital for contracting some new disease. "You were, um... ahem... quite good, darling," she admitted, grinning weakly. "I must ask, how long have you been, ehm... performing?"

Now it was Rainbow's turn to blush, though she puffed her chest out to hide her sudden shyness. "Well, eh-heh, this was actually sorta-kinda my first day."

Rarity gasped dramatically, though to be fair, she truly was quite surprised by this. "You're kidding!"

"Nope, I guess I'm just a natural." Rainbow tossed her head, smiling smugly. "Like I am at everything else."

"Uh-huh."

"Boy, I didn't think I'd get found out so soon, though," she chuckled. "This was sure a weird koinkydink, huh?"

Rarity wrinkled her nose, desperately trying to erase that... not-word from her mind. "Why, yes, it was certainly... a coincidence," she agreed, beginning to lead the trek back through the hallways and into the main room of the bar. While Rarity paid for her drinks from before the commotion, Rainbow felt her hoof brush against something soft; she looked down to see the sock that had happened to land on Rarity's head several minutes earlier, now dropped beneath her barstool. She picked it up with her wing as Rarity turned away from the bartender and started for the door.

"Oh, hey, hold on!" She called after Rarity, hurriedly slipping the sock onto one of her hind legs. She then flew back onto the stage, ignoring the few whistles and jeers from the dwindling crowd. Flying in tight circles, she stirred up a small gust of wind that swept the tips up, where she deftly snatched them out of the air. Once they had been collected in a small bundle in her hooves, she shuffled the bills into a neat stack and tucked them into the sock, pinning them tightly against her flank. She glided back over to her unicorn friend and nodded to the door. "Okay, let's go."

As the pair made their way for the exit, they were met by a round of catcalls and a few suggestive comments from some nearby observers. Rarity turned her nose up with a soft hmph! while Rainbow simply shook her head. "Why, I never! Such brutes!"

"Hey, Rarity?" Rainbow called to her through the noise, tapping her on the shoulder to gain her attention. "I just wanted to say, thanks again."

"Quite welcome, darling." Rarity smiled at her sweetly. Rainbow returned it, turning her head after a moment to acknowledge the other patrons whose teasing and hooting hadn't yet ceased.

"Why don't we give them a little somethin' to really whistle at?"

"Wha--" Rarity felt a shock of surprise as Rainbow stepped forward and roughly connected their mouths in a deep kiss, and her legs bent slightly as Rainbow stood up taller, bending the unicorn backwards over the hoof she'd slung around her shoulders. She squeaked, her eyes widening further as Rainbow pressed down on her even harder, offering no resistance as a strong tongue pushed into her mouth and wrestled down her own. A taste she could only describe as 'rainbows' crossed her taste buds and spread throughout her body, filling her fuzzy mind with images of flashing lights consisting of every color possible. Her eyes rolled back in her head as her horn sparked madly and her whole body trembled with excitement.

What is happening?! Ohhh, my goodness, Rainbow, don't stop or I will kill you.

The impromptu make out session continued for a good minute, the heat of the moment drowning out the whoops and hollers from the rest of the ponies in the bar. The bartender shook his head and snorted, a smile tugging at his lips as he wiped out a glass with a rag.

Rarity gasped and sighed in bliss when Rainbow finally broke away, panting heavily. A loose grin hung from her muzzle, and she waited to regain her breath before batting the unicorn's shoulder with a hoof and giggled tiredly. "Heh, c'mon Rares... Let's get outta here." She turned, purposefully tickling the white mare's nose with her tail, and waltzed out of the building with her head held high.

Rarity merely stood there, her brain fried like an egg in a hot, steamy skillet. After a few long moments, she finally blinked out of her daze and slowly trailed after her, another wave of whistles announcing her departure. "W-wut?"

Comments ( 9 )

I can just picture the look on Rarity's face... PRICELESS! Oh dear, please tell me I can expect more of this.

4292408 Perhaps someday. I actually wasn't planning on it. :applejackunsure:
maybe some raridash clop if i ever learn how to write it

4292523
If you do decide to write more to this and need help, you can drop me a line if you want.:pinkiehappy:

Genius!
Weeh luv u cirrus :heart:

There is only one problem with this magnficence. TOO SHORT :duck:

Oh my. :rainbowwild:

Oh my :twilightoops: Rainbow how bold. This story was short, but still fun. Nice work.

The cover art has broken legs.

Login or register to comment