• Published 15th Apr 2014
  • 626 Views, 8 Comments

Paradise - PinkiePieOverlordOf All



Twist writes down all of her private thoughts in a diary.

  • ...
1
 8
 626

Everytime She Closed Her Eyes

If you're reading this, then give me back my diary you jerk! Gotcha, I'm only joking. My name is Peppermint Twist. I live in my Mom's candy shop in Ponyville, Equestria. I'm writing in this diary because sometimes I get really sad and I don't know who I should talk to. Mommy's great and all, but she spends a lot of time with her marefriend, Lyra. Lyra's nice too, but I wish I knew my dad. That would be so cool, we could play catch, and bake sweets, and all of the stuff I do with Mommy when she isn't too busy. Mommy told me he went to Paradise, but I found a newspaper clipping in the attic that said he got hit by a carriage. When I asked Mommy, she said that when ponies die they go to Paradise. I told her I wanted to get hit by a carriage too, and she started crying. I still don't know why.

I had a really cool dream the other night. Applebloom still liked me, because I never got my cutie mark, and she made me a cutie mark crusader. I used to love my cutie mark, but now Applebloom never plays with me anymore. I do have friends though, honest: Miss Cheerilee, Mommy and Lyra, the school librarian, and you, Diary. Sometimes I wish I had some friends my age. I tried talking to Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon, but they called me a whore. I don't know what that means, but when I told Mommy she made me see the school counselor, and he gave me this diary. It must be a really mean word. I know lots of words, but I never heard that one. Miss Cheerilee says that I'm elequint eloquent (I looked it up in my dictionary) for my age. I don't think so though. I have a stupid lisp that makes me talk dumb. It's like an accent but not as cool. Applebloom has a really cool accent. And pretty hair. I think she's the coolest filly in our class. She gets teased for her blank flank a lot, but I get left out because I have a cutie mark. I think it's probably just me. I'm probably just a weird space alien that oozes invisible magic that makes ponies not like me. Applebloom doesn't tease me like everypony else, but her friend Scootaloo does. She called me a worthless freak the other day. I think she's just sad because Diamond said the same thing to her at recess the same day. Sometimes I just want to punch her and Scootaloo, and tell them to not be mean.

We studied the Elements of Harmony in class yesterday. Miss Cheerilee says one day Applebloom's sister and her friends will get too old to keep fighting bad guys, and then the Elements will select their next wielders. Can you believe it? I could be going to school with the next Elements of Harmony. We took a quiz to see which Element we represent. I got generosity, but Scootaloo says that I would be the Element of Nerdiness. That made me sad. I thought Applebloom would be the same as her sister, but it turns out she got loyalty. She wasn't very loyal to me. Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon both got honesty. I think that they should be the Elements of cruelty and brattiness.

I lost it today. Scootaloo tripped me, so I called her a chicken. I don't know why that bugs her so much, but I'd heard her arguing with Applebloom about it. Miss Cheerilee gave me detention. I feel so bad. I wrote Scootaloo a sorry note, but she threw it away. Sweetie Belle and her big sister saw me crying on my way home today and they bought me a cupcake and asked me why I was sad. I told them about Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara, and Daddy and the carriage, and Paradise, and Mommy and Lyra. Sweetie Belle got really mad and said that she was gonna kick Scootaloo's flank. She invited me over to play dolls. Rarity says she knows my Mommy, and she's gonna tell her what happened and where to pick me up. When Mommy came to get me she was crying. The blue and the pink in her mane were all jumbled up. It looked weird. She hugged me really tight and then we went out to dinner, just me and her. I told her that I got detention, but she didn't get mad. She just said that it was Scootaloo's fault for being a bully. I had never thought of her as a bully, but Mommy was right. She was bullying me. It's getting really easy to fake a smile. Nopony really knows just how sad I really am

Scootaloo told Sweetie Belle that I started it, and Sweetie won't be my friend anymore. I wish.... I don't really know what I wish. I think I wish I was in Paradise with Daddy. Mommy says to not say that, but I'm not saying it. I'm writing it. A carriage went by my house really fast today, and I wished I was in front of it. Mommy is my only real friend. I got detention so Miss Cheerilee doesn't like me anymore. I decided to tell Lyra how I felt, because I didn't want Mommy to cry. She told me that a weak pony is mean, and a strong pony is kind even when others are mean to her. She played me a lullaby on her harp. I think I love Lyra like an extra Mom. She's really nice to me, and she makes yummy sandwiches.

I tried it today. I went in front of a carriage. It hurt. I didn't go to paradise I went to the hospital. I got my leg in a cast, but Mommy, Lyra, and Cheerilee are the only ponies who signed it. Mommy is making me see a physcologist psychologist now. His name is Thoughtful Reflection. It's a weird name. I don't think his parents were good at naming colts. He doesn't seem very nice because he never smiles at me. I think I might hate him. He's just so grumpy and he thinks he knows everything. Mommy says I have to see him even though I don't want to. Diamond Tiara says that I should try to go to Paradise again because no pony likes me. I told her that no pony likes her either because she's mean. I didn't say mean though. I called her the B-word. I got suspended. Miss Cheerilee hates me now. I know it. I think I want to do what Diamond said. I'm just so sad.

Mommy read my diary. She cried and then she got mad. She hugged me and lectured me at the same time. She's sending me to the hospital. I'm not sick, so I don't know why she wants me to go. They're not letting me take my pen so I have to say bye now.

%%%%

A tear rolled down Twist's face as she reread her childhood diary for the third time.

"Twist what's that?"

"Nothing Daddy, let's go to that picnic now."

"Alright sweetie, don't wanna keep your Grandma waiting."

Author's Note:

If you dislike it won't do any good if you don't tell me why. Thanks everyone :pinkiehappy: !!!

Comments ( 8 )

Whoa... whoa whoa whoa.
Why are my eyes leaking?
Oh no... Now I feel bad for hating Twist. I'm sorry, Twist, I'm sorry!:fluttercry::raritycry:

4237147 Why would you hate Twist :applecry: she is adorable. Look at this face :twistnerd: look at it!!!

4238099
She's just a bit too annoying. But I'm sorry, Twist! Forgive me!

So did twist actually kill herself? I was in that situation once. thinking about suicide. and I don't need fan fiction to remind me of that. so, for the first time, I downvote.

4240554 I've been there too. That's what inspired this story. Writing brought up some sad feels, but that's kind of the point of a sad story right?

I have now deemed you an awesome writer and Bon Bon bisexual. :twilightoops:(Why did I write and post this? :facehoof:)

probably just a weird space alien that oozes invisible magic that makes ponies not like me.

How'd you do that? It's a power, isn't it? Some sort of weird alien hypnotic power. I bet you excrete some sort of gas, makes people love you.

(Doctor Who, S6E12)

Not sure if this was intentional or what...

I told her I wanted to get hit by a carriage too, and she started crying. I still don't know why.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

I tried talking to Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon, but they called me a whore.

Calling Twist that names suggests they don't know what it means either.

I have a stupid lisp that makes me talk dumb.

There is nothing wrong with your lisp Twist.

Scootaloo does. She called me a worthless freak the other day. I think she's just sad because Diamond said the same thing to her at recess the same day.

Scoots needs to be loved then. Twist should remind Scoots that she's a wonderful filly.

Sometimes I just want to punch her and Scootaloo, and tell them to not be mean.

If you do that, you have ONE punch Twist. Don't waste it.

I got generosity, but Scootaloo says that I would be the Element of Nerdiness.

There is nothing wrong with being a nerd Twist. I am really liking this 'Scootaloo the bad chick'en thing.

I thought Applebloom would be the same as her sister, but it turns out she got loyalty. She wasn't very loyal to me.

There are stories with Applebloom making Twist a member of the CMC because 'it's about helping others get their Marks too'.

I wrote Scootaloo a sorry note, but she threw it away.

What is Scoots problem today?

It's getting really easy to fake a smile.

This is going down hill since the beginning.

I got detention so Miss Cheerilee doesn't like me anymore.

That is not true.

I didn't go to paradise I went to the hospital.

Stupid little girl. And you don't go to paradise if you intentionally send yourself there.

I got my leg in a cast, but Mommy, Lyra, and Cheerilee are the only ponies who signed it.

Other ponies would if you wanted them too.

Mommy is making me see a physcologist psychologist now.

I have a feeling this is just going to get worse.

I told her that no pony likes her either because she's mean. I didn't say mean though. I called her the B-word. I got suspended. Miss Cheerilee hates me now. I know it.

But she IS a B-word. And Cheerilee doesn't hate you Twist, she's worried about you.

"Twist what's that?"
"Nothing Daddy, let's go to that picnic now."
"Alright sweetie, don't wanna keep your Grandma waiting."

You suck dicks! Now, maybe she could have died as an old lady happily in bed or something, but that was not my first impression.
This got dark faster than I expected. The writing scale is childish and rushed, but what I would expect from a child about her age, so good work on that. You should go about separating the entries from each other. They seem to jump each paragraph and it's a little unsettling. But again, what I could expect from a kid her age. Those are my comments, as constructive as they are, or are not.

Login or register to comment