• Published 9th Mar 2014
  • 5,239 Views, 155 Comments

The Princess and the Pirate - Sirjadan13



When Twilight Sparkle winds up in the 18th century West Indies, can she find a way home, and keep her feelings under wraps, while under the Black Flag?

  • ...
26
 155
 5,239

And Now For Something Completely Different

Chapter ???: And Now For Something Completely Different (written by yours truly)



"...Wait, WHAT?!"

Those were the first words that came out of your mouth as the monitor for your Animus station shut down on its own. "How the hell did she do that," you said to yourself, as you mused over what became over your new job.

A few days ago Abstergo hired you on the Sample 17 project of recovering the memories of the ancestors of Desmond Miles. The pay was great and all, but the experience had left you nothing else to do except screw around in the 18th Century Caribbean. Not that it was boring; the best times you got out of the experience was the naval battles and the assassination missions scattered throughout the islands.

But the troubles soon began when the Tech Support guy, whose name escaped you at the moment, talked you into hacking key components in the Abstergo server. Soon you found out the horrible truth to his plans. He tried to sacrifice you to some nut-job computer goddess just to be graced with her majesty.

What an idiot.

Unfortunately for him, she backed out of the deal because her current location in cyberspace had left her severely weakened. You ran as fast as you could back to your Animus to get as far away from that duo as you could, and continued your work on the Edward Kenway line. Not too long after you completed the 12th sequence in Edward's memories, (Why Abstergo sectioned off the memory lane into 13 sequences, you'll never understand), the man that wanted you dead cornered you in your own office.

Long story short, he was the Sage you encounter through the memories of Edward reborn again, he blabbed on and on about the digital woman named Juno and that her kind were Gods to the human race once upon a time, and tried to kill you by lethal injection. But your boss managed to save you in time by having the madman be gunned down by security. And as compensation for your near death experience, she let you see the finished trailer for Abstergo's new simulator to go with the Liberation Project.

You soon realized that there was one more sequence left to view on the famed Pirate Assassin, so you re-entered the Animus. Suffice to say, you didn't see this coming. From the reveal of little Jenny, to the mysterious Twilight Sparkle, there was no end to the madness in the simulation. That is until another one of those digital women showed up and outright spoke to you took the cake.

She apparently trusted you with the task at hand, however bizarre it might be. With determination set in your mind, you checked out of the entertainment center, made your way to the airport, and began your quest to save history.

"This job just keeps getting weirder and weirder," you said to your self as your flight to New York from Montreal took flight. By the time you arrived in New York, night had befallen on the city that never slept. Now noticing how tired you were after all that had happened, you settled down in one of the many hotels scattered throughout the area, wondering how you were going to find the Pirate Assassin in a place like this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Next Day...


*BZZZT *BZZZT

A groan escaped your mouth as your phone interrupted you from the precious sanctuary of sleep. Reaching out for it on the nightstand, you discovered that the number was blocked. Cautiously, you answered the phone.

"...Hello. Who am I speaking to," you began.

"Ah, yes hello," said a familiar voice on the other end. "Sorry to wake you on this Godly hour of the night, but my associates and myself went over the data you recovered back at Abstergo. What you found was just perfect for our cause."

It suddenly dawned on you that this was one of the people that added a twist to your job. "You wouldn't happen to be that guy that called me after that nut-job sage tried to kill me would you," you said.

"Again we're sorry for that mess we put you through," said the voice of a woman who instantly reminded you that she was Rebecca and that the other one that was calling was Shaun.

"We're getting off track here," said a third voice that was unrecognizable. "This man just discovered something that could change our very Brotherhood."

"And who are you supposed to be," you replied.

"You probably don't recognize my voice," he said. "But you will when I say that I'm the father of Desmond."

"No way," you said in disbelief. "I'm terribly sorry for what happened."

"It's in the past," he replied with a wave of his hand. "But it seems that the past has come to the present."

"What he means by that is your Kenway pal somehow arrived in the 21st Century," Shaun cut in. "And if the data we've 'retrieved' from your Animus is valid, then he currently holds one of the Pieces of Eden we need. Now then we need your help to find out where he is, and bring him to a secure location. Oh, and sorry in advance."

"What for," you said.

"The possibility of getting caught by a bloodthirsty team of Templars, if you choose to join our merry band."

With nothing to lose, you shrugged and said, "What the Hell. Let's go find ourselves a Pirate."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later in the morning found you riding in the back of a white van with Shaun, Rebecca, and Mr. Miles down to the south eastern part of New York. As the time ticked away, you couldn't help but glance out one of the windows towards the rushing countryside. The trees whizzing by the speeding vehicle cleared your mind as the realization kicked in. You were helping Assassins reclaim a powerful artifact that was in the hands of a 18th Century Pirate.

Eventually your team had to stop for gas in some fairly populated town. Getting out of the van to stretch your legs, you found a sign that said, "Welcome to Canterlot City".

"Who names their town Canterlot," You said to yourself.

But that wasn't the only thing that caught your eye. Beyond the buildings and houses towards the horizon, there flew a flag that flew out of place in the sky. It was black as night with a skull in the center, surrounded by a symbol that you've grown accustomed to.

"Uh guys," you said to your comrades with a hint of fear in your voice. "I know where he is."

The gang immediately rushed to your position and asked you where.

"...He's here. In Canterlot City."



To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

Dun Dun DUUUNN!!!

Bet you didn't see this coming now did you? I wanted to mess with you guys on this one, and I'm hopping it worked. See you next time!