• Published 9th Mar 2014
  • 5,236 Views, 155 Comments

The Princess and the Pirate - Sirjadan13



When Twilight Sparkle winds up in the 18th century West Indies, can she find a way home, and keep her feelings under wraps, while under the Black Flag?

  • ...
26
 155
 5,236

Chapter 7: The Return to Eden

Chapter 7: The Return to Eden (written by chrisharte97 and edited by yours truly)

(chrisharte97’s note: If you guys are wondering why I did this one and not Sirjadan13, is because I’m taking the pressure of him doing this chapter off of him. But he will do chapter eight.)

“Twilight, where are you?” the Pirate Assassin called out to the purple haired girl as he found himself back at the temple.

“Over hear, Edward,” Twilight replied to him as Edward turned around to see that she made out without a scratch herself, but she was filthy from her hair down to her shoe-covered feet.

“Are you alright, Twilight?” he asked her as he held out his hand. “Well that was a load of rub, don’t you think?”

“Yeah, it was,” the purple haired girl replied as she took his hand and got back up on her feet. “You still have the Apple of Eden?” she asked him as she wiped off the dust on her clothes.

“Aye, I do,” Edward replied revealing that the Apple was still in his hand. “So this is the Apple of Eden, doesn’t look like much,” he said as the Apple started to glow a little.

“Princess Luna said that a chosen few humans can handle it’s power,” Twilight explained to him about the Apple. “She also said that the decedents of Altair are worthy of the wisdom from the Apple.”

“Well I guess that I am able to handle this Apple’s power,” Edward said looking at the Apple of Eden. “But let’s head back to the Jackdaw, before another trap finds us .”

“Yes, lets,” Twilight nodded as they walk back through the jungle to the Jackdaw.

When they made back on the Jackdaw, Jennifer asked them, “Father, Miss Twilight! I’m happy to see you two made it out safely, but what did you find in that ruin?”

Edward showed his daughter the Apple and replied to her, “This is what is known as the Apple of Eden. Only a chosen few can handle this objects power.”

“And he is actually one of them Jennifer,” Twilight added.

“Wow!” Jennifer exclaimed.

“Let’s go boys, we’re heading back to Great Inagua!” Edward said to the crew as they cheered and began to sing Sailing over the Dogger Bank.

Sailin' over the Dogger Bank: Oh, wasn't it a treat?
Wind a-blowing east-nor'-east, we had to give a sheet!
You ought to see us runnin' the wind a-blowin' free,
On a passage from the Dogger Bank to Great Grimsby.

Watch her, twigger, she's a proper jubee-jewel.
Give 'er a sheet and let her rip we're the boys to pull her through!
You ought to see us runnin', the wind a-blowin' free,
On a passage from the Dogger Bank to Great Grimsby!

Our captain he's a shanghai roosh, he loves a pint of good ale.
Our mate he is a road stone-inspector, been seen in many's a jail.
Our third mate he's a bush ranger, he comes from the African Isle.
And take a look at our old cook it gets the bugger wild!

Watch her, twigger, she's a proper jubee-jewel.
Give 'er a sheet and let her rip we're the boys to pull her through!
You ought to see us runnin', the wind a-blowin' free,
On a passage from the Dogger Bank to Great Grimsby!

Watch her, twigger, as down the street she came.
High heels and painted toes, Jenny is on the game.
Jenny is one of your flash girls, can't she cut a shine?
She can do the double shuffle on the knickerbocker line!

Watch her, twigger, she's a proper jubee-jewel.
Give 'er a sheet and let her rip we're the boys to pull her through!
You ought to see us runnin', the wind a-blowin' free,
On a passage from the Dogger Bank to Great Grimsby!

We are the boys to make a noise when we come home from sea.
We get right drunk, we roll on the floor, we have a jubilee- Eee!
We get right drunk and full of beer, we roll all over the floor,
And when our rent it is all spent we go to sea for more.

Watch her, twigger, she's a proper jubee-jewel.
Give 'er a sheet and let her rip we're the boys to pull her through!
You ought to see us runnin', the wind a-blowin' free,
On a passage from the Dogger Bank to Great Grimsby!

As they were sailing back to Great Inagua, Jenny noticed that the Apple of Eden that was in his father’s satchel was starting to glow brighter. “Father, why is the Apple of Eden starting to glow?” she asked her father as the Pirate Assassin look down at the satchel seeing what his daughter was looking at.

Twilight soon noticed it too as Edward replied to his daughter, “I have no idea Jenny,” and ordered a full stop.

“Well Princess Luna said that it has some powers besides sending others to different worlds,” Twilight said looking at the glowing object. But then the Apple of Eden started to glow brighter blinding not just them, but the entire crew of the Jackdaw as well.

When the light began to dim a little, the Pirate Assassin looked around, and Twilight, Jenny, the Jackdaw, and it’s crew, but there was no sign of them at all; just a world of white light. “Where the bloody hell am I?” he asked himself.

“Edward Kenway,” a strange ghostly voice called out to Edward.

“Who’s there?” the Pirate Assassin asked the voice as he looking around the area, “Reveal yourself so I won’t have to find you.”

“As you wish Edward,” the voice replied as a shining transparent woman in strange clothing appeared out of the light, “I’m sure you have many questions to ask me, Edward Kennway.”

“Yes I do,” Edward nodded, “First off, who are you, where am I, and finally where is Twilight and my daughter Jenny?”

“Well to answer first question; I am called Minerva, I was one of the three that created the Pieces of Eden,” the woman known a Minerva began to explain to the Pirate Assassin.

“You mean like this Apple of Eden?!” Edward exclaimed pulling out the Apple out of the satchel and showed it to Minerva.

“That is correct Edward,” Minerva nodded, “Now, for the second question; you are still on your Jackdaw and as for where Twilight Sparkle and your daughter are; they are safe, your daughter is still with you, but I only sent Miss Sparkle back to her world.”

Edward was shocked and annoyed at the same time as he asked the spirit, “What in God’s name for?!”

“It is not time for you to live there just yet,” Minerva replied to the Pirate Assassin calmly, “That is why I’m send you, your daughter, your Jackdaw, and it’s crew to another world, but Miss Sparkle knows this world well so I’m sure you can see her again,” as he put the Apple back in the satchel, “And when it is time for you to live with Miss Sparkle in Equestria, I will send you, your daughter, your Jackdaw and it’s crew there.”

“I hope you are telling the truth, Minerva,” Edward commented, “Because I’m still trying to get away from a lot of surprises.”

“I can assure you Edward, that I am telling the truth,” Minerva said as a thought crossed her mind, “Oh and before I go, you will get meet an old friend of yours in the other world.”

“Who is it?” the Pirate Assassin asked the spirit.

“I’m sure you know her name well enough to remember her,” Minerva replied to him as she just disappeared into thin air...

...Not before she turned to her right and said, "I know that you are there. What you did to Desmond was unspeakable. I cannot change your mind but I will point you on where to go. Edward is going to be lost and confused in a town near New York. Guide him to his destination, or the line of Desmond will be lost forever..."

"...Farewell, seeker of memories..."


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Twilight’s house…

Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Fluttershy were sitting in Twilight’s library think about what their best friend was doing in the other human world while Spike was pacing around the floor in circles thinking if the lavender Alicorn was even alright at all. “Spike, do you think you can stop pacing like that,” the white Unicorn asked the little purple Dragon. “You’re starting to make me worry.”

“Yeah, and it’s starting to make me dizzy.” Pinkie said to the baby Dragon feeling a little woozy.

“Sorry girls,” Spike apologized to them. “I’m just really worried about Twilight.”

“We know Spike, we’re worried about Twilight too,” Applejack said to him. “But I’m sure that she is in good hooves or hands in the matter of this pickle she is in.”

“But what is she is captured by some humans thinking that she is a Pirate herself?” Spike asked them. “They would probably have hanged her by now.”

“That’s preposterous Spike,” Rarity said to him. “I’m sure that these human governments wouldn’t do that so simply.”

“Rarity is right Spike,” Fluttershy agreed with the white Unicorn. “I’m sure that they would give her a trial first before doing something like that or not.”

“I hope you girls are right,” Spike said as he sat down on a small pile of books. But just then, there was a flash of a bright blinding light appeared out of nowhere in the center of the library.

“What in Sam hill is going on?” the orange Earth Pony asked as she and the others covered their eyes from the blinding light.

“I have no idea,” Rainbow Dash replied as the light began to fade away and when they all uncovered their eyes they saw the unexpected. There was Twilight laying there on the floor with no scratch what’s so ever.

“TWILIGHT!” the lavender Alicorn’s friends and assistant exclaimed in complete surprise.

“How did she get back?” the sky blue Pegasus asked.

“I have no idea Rainbow,” Spike replied as he came over to Twilight’s side. “But I think that flash of light had something to do with it.”
“Is she alright?” Fluttershy asked worried that Twilight might have a scratch.

Spike looked around the lavender mare and there wasn’t a scratch on the mare that he could see as he replied to the yellow Pegasus, “She seems to be alright, Fluttershy.”

Just after he said that, Twilight began to stir. “Uh… W-where am I?” she asked.

“Easy Twilight,” Rarity said to her.

“Rarity?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, it me Twilight, and you're safely in your library.”

“WAIT, where is Edward and Jennifer?!” Twilight exclaimed as she looked around for any sign of the Pirate Assassin and his daughter.

“What are you talkin’ about Twilight,” Applejack asked her best friend. “Who in tarnation are Edward and Jennifer?”

‘They didn’t make it?’ Twilight asked in their thoughts as she explained to her friends and her number one assistant. “Edward used to be a Pirate, but gave it all up to head towards the land of England to make a new living with his daughter Jennifer, and he was an Assassin as well, one who fights for the freedom of others against their enemies called the Templars.”

“Oh… Oh my,” Fluttershy said worryingly thinking of what Twilight had just went through in the other human world. “Did he do any harm to you?”

“No he didn’t Fluttershy,” the lavender Alicorn replied to the yellow Pegasus. “He was actually a gentleman, than the criminal he used to be,” as she continued to tell her friends the brief time in Edward’s human world.

“That is amazing, Twilight,” the little purple Dragon said is amazement.

“Oh! We should throw a “welcome to Equestria party” if they ever show up,” Pinkie Pie said with excitement as the rest of the Mane Six and Spike just chuckled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Edward and Jennifer…

When the light began to die down, Edward, his daughter, and the Jackdaw and it’s crew were somehow docked in a harbor as Jennifer asked her father, “Father, what happened?”

“I have no idea Jenny,” the Pirate Assassin replied to his daughter. “But I think we have been sent to another world.”

“How is that possible?” Jennifer asked him.

“I think this Apple of Eden has something to do with it,” Edward replied still holding the Apple of Eden in his right hand.

“Well, well, well, I’m surprised to see you here Kenway,” a familiar female British voice said to him as he turned around to see a
familiar face that he would never forget.

To be continued...

Author's Note:

You might know where this story is going. you might hate me for doing what's to come. But it was an idea that I started that seemed like the best option at the time.

However way you look at it, I have officially bitten off more than I can chew. In short... I don't know where to go now. Expect something random in the next chapter.


(Extra points for Chris making an original sea shanty, and for writing this chapter in my time of need.)