• Published 9th Mar 2014
  • 5,239 Views, 155 Comments

The Princess and the Pirate - Sirjadan13



When Twilight Sparkle winds up in the 18th century West Indies, can she find a way home, and keep her feelings under wraps, while under the Black Flag?

  • ...
26
 155
 5,239

Chapter 3: Explanations and Memories

Chapter 3: Explanations and Memories (written by chrisharte97 and edited by yours truly)

“It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Sparkle,” the former Pirate Assassin said as he held out his hand and Twilight took his hand. “Can you swim,” he asked.

“Yes, I can swim,” Twilight replied to him. “Why do you ask?”

“Because we’re going to have to swim back to my ship over there,” Edward said to her as he pointed out to the Jackdaw. “Now come, this rock isn’t a place for a lovely lass like you.” Twilight just blushed at what Edward called her as she followed Edward and swam towards the Jackdaw. When they made it to the Jackdaw, Edward said to Twilight, “After you Miss Sparkle.” So she did what she was asked, and climbed up the ladder with Edward following her.

“Welcome, Miss Sparkle to my ship the Jackdaw,” the former Pirate Assassin said to the purple haired woman.

“You named your ship after a bird,” Twilight exclaimed.

“Of course Miss Sparkle-”

“Please, Mister Kenway, just call me Twilight.”

“Of course Twilight,” Edward said as Jenny came up to her father. “Twilight, I would like you to meet my daughter Jennifer.”
“Hello, Miss Sparkle,” Jenny greeted Twilight. “It a pleasure to meet you.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too Jennifer,” Twilight said shaking Jenny’s hand.

“Anyways, we were just sailing off to London to start a new life there. But since we don’t know where we are after a storm blew us off course, I thought that you could guide us to the nearest port,” Edward said to Twilight, who looked at the Captain of the Jackdaw with a confused look on her face as Edward asked her kindly. “Do you might know where a port could be so that we could make repairs to the Jackdaw?”

“I’m sorry Mister Kenway, I don’t know where a port could be out here,” Twilight replied shaking her head in depression. “But maybe we can trace your steps on which port you were last in, that way we can hopefully make repairs to your ship here.”

“Well we just set out from Great Inagua just about two days ago,” Jennifer said. “And we appeared just that way,” she pointed to the direction that they were sailing from before they found Twilight.

“So if we head in that direction…” Twilight started.

“...We can find a port to dock in and make repairs to the Jackdaw,” Edward cut in. “Twilight you are as smart as you are beautiful,” he said as he took Twilight’s hand and kissed it. Twilight blushed to the sudden manner of the Captain of the Jackdaw as she took her hand back and said to him, “Oh well, thank you for the compliment Edward.”

“You can stay in my cabin until we can find land,” Edward said as he called out to the crew, “Release the sails, we’re heading back to Great Inagua!” The crew did as their Captain ordered and released the sails.

Twilight walked inside Edward’s cabin to see that he had a collection of different outfits, a number of swords, and she also saw some strange wooden objects with some metal parts on them. She knew that they had to be weapons of some sort because there was a hole in one of the metal parts of these objects. Plus there were little metal balls inside the cases of the objects. But then she remembered the flag that the Jackdaw was flying before and she soon had a feeling that Edward used these objects once before. “What are these things,” she asked out loud as she grabbed one of the objects to have a better look at it.

“They’re called pistols,” a familiar voice said to her as Twilight turned around to see that Edward was standing at one of the doorways.

“Edward, what are you doing here,” Twilight asked in surprise as she quickly puts the object back in it’s case.

“I came here to check my maps to help us on our way back to Great Inagua,” Edward replied to her. “You never seen or heard of a pistol before, have you?”

Twilight shook her head in response, “No I haven’t. Where I live, these kind of things have never been heard of before. The Royal Guards only have swords, spears, and shields.”

“Where do you come from exactly?”

“I come from the magical land of Equestria, but I’m also not human either, in my world I’m suppose to be an Alicorn Princess which is a type of pony.”

“So you come from a land of ponies,” Edward said. “What other types of ponies are there besides Alicorns?”

“There are Unicorns which I used to be,” Twilight explained to Edward. “There are Pegasi and then there are Earth ponies.”

“Equestria seems like a diverse kingdom to rule,” Edward stated.

“Well, I don’t rule Equestria alone.”

“There are more Princesses than just you?”

“Yes there are,” Twilight said. “There is Princess Celestia, who controls my world’s sun, and was my mentor in magic. And there’s her younger sister, Princess Luna, who controls my world’s moon.”

Edward seemed a little surprised, but probably expected less from from a lass like Twilight. “Well I’m sure that you will be fine here until you can get back to your land of Equestria.”

“Thank you Edward,” Twilight thanked him, but as Edward was going to sit down to look at his maps, Twilight stopped him. “Before you do that Edward, I would like to know about that flag that you’re flying on the Jackdaw.”

“Well, I used to be a Pirate and an Assassin,” Edward started to explain to Twilight. “I captured Spanish Galleons and other ships with some old friends of mine, but I was also killing Templars so I could help protect humanity’s free will.” Twilight backed away slightly thinking that Edward was going to kill her before Edward continued. “But the British and Templars attacked in full force and they killed my fellow Pirates and most of my Assassin brothers and sisters.”

“I’m sorry to hear that Edward,” Twilight said feeling a little bit calm now and now felt sorry for Edward’s loss of his Assassin brothers and sisters.

“It quite alright Twilight,” Edward said as he sat down on his desk looking at his maps to see where they should be going. “But anyways, lets get to work on getting ourselves to Great Inagua so that we can get the Jackdaw repaired."

"Yes of course," Twilight said as they began to look at the maps.

"It appears that if we keep heading south west, we might be able to reach Great Inagua within two or three days."

"Hmm..." Twilight pondered as she looked at the map with Edward. "It does sound like a good plan."

"It should work," Edward said to Twilight, as he began mapping out a route to the hideout.

"Tell me about one of your friends," Twilight said. "It looks like you need to talk about one of them."

Edward sighed, "One of them, his name was Ed Thatch, but others called him Blackbeard," he said feeling a pain in his chest. “He and I were privateers together after a war’s end, we reunited back in a place called Nassau.” He remembered those days like they happened yesterday.

Flashback to Nassau, several years ago…

Edward and Adewale walked up the stairs to meet up with Edward’s old friends at their favorite bar. “By God, you’re a Sight for Salty Eyes!” Ben exclaimed to his old friend. “Come you in and have a drink.”

“Morning all,” Edward said to them.

Thatch came up to Ben and Edward with a cup in one hand and a bottle in the other as he said to Edward, while giving him a mug of ale, “Ahoy Kenway, who’s this.”

“Adewale,” Edward replied introducing Adewale to his friends. “The Jackdaw’s Quartermaster.”

“Jackdaw,” Thatch exclaimed as he burst out a chuckle. “You named your Brig after a poxy bird?”

Flashforward…

Edward brought the Jackdaw up along side Thatch’s ship the Queen Anne’s Revenge amazed by the ship’s beauty, but was also hoping that he found some medicines as he exclaimed to Thatch, “Devil in his hole, Thatch! This is a darling Galley. Thirty-two guns is it?”

Thatch sat up on one of the seats and said, “I lost count at forty.”

“You stepped up a Rung. So… Any luck finding the medicines here,” Edward asked him.

“Nothing ‘round this Spot, sadly. But there’s a few Wrecks yonder that haven’t been scoured by nothing but Crabs and Coral.”

A while later…

Edward and Thatch had just boarded a British Man ‘O War and were fighting for their lives now against the Man ‘O War’s crew. Thatch knocked over a British sailor and as he was about to end him, the sailor fired his pistol at Thatch’s face, and another sailor slashed him in the chest. “Kenway,” he yelled out to the Pirate Assassin.

“Here,” Edward called to him throwing Thatch a pistol. Thatch caught the pistol and as he shot the sailor that struck him, he said in a pained voice, “In a world without gold, we might have been Heroes!”

“THATCH,” Edward cried as a British sailor struck the final blow on Thatch in the back, and the legendary Blackbeard drew his final breath and collapsed onto the deck, stone dead. Then another British sailor charged Edward, knocking off the Pirate Assassin into the sea.

End Flashbacks…

Edward was now starting to get furious as he slammed his fists on the table and yelled, “Those bloody Bastards! I would have made that crew suffer dearly if I had the will to fight after what I had seen!”

“I’m sorry to hear about what happened to your friend Thatch,” Twilight said feeling upset and scared at the same time. “I know how it feels to lose someone you care about. When I was a Unicorn and started living in a town called Ponyville, the evil half of Princess Luna, Nightmare Moon, left Ponyville in what was thought to be an eternal night. I thought that Princess Celestia was gone for good, until me and my friends discovered what are known as the Elements of Harmony. We worked together and defeated Nightmare Moon, and afterwords Princess Celestia returned with Luna returning back to normal.”

Edward just stared at her, realizing that she had quite the adventure in her life, much like his. With a chuckle, he wiped off the last of his tears, and finally said, “Thanks for understanding. It sounds to me like you had quite an adventure yourself. Now! Lets get going! ”

To be continued...

Author's Note:

Whew...This took longer than expected. Anyways, GOOD LORD! I did not expect this story to explode like it did. You guys must have been begging for a ACIV crossover. Well I'm glad me and my partner could help you. Thanks for the support and I will catch you later.