• Published 9th Mar 2014
  • 5,236 Views, 155 Comments

The Princess and the Pirate - Sirjadan13



When Twilight Sparkle winds up in the 18th century West Indies, can she find a way home, and keep her feelings under wraps, while under the Black Flag?

  • ...
26
 155
 5,236

Chapter 2: A Jackdaw's New Voyage

Chapter 2: A Jackdaw's New Voyage (written by yours truly)

Far far away into the west, their sailed a single ship in the deep blue sea. She was going nowhere in particular, just to soak in the feel of the waves on this peaceful trip. However this was no ordinary ship, this was one of the most feared vessels to ever sail the West-Indies. Lead by a renown captain, any who gazed upon the flag of the ship would be sent to their watery graves.

That was why Edward Kenway was grateful that today was relatively quiet. All those years of pillaging, plundering, and searching for “The Big Score” had made Edward want to slow down. He had a daughter to take care of now, so he made a promise to himself that he would be the greatest father to his child. He currently was sailing with his daughter, named Jennifer Kenway Smith, down to London to start anew with their lives as a family.

Although he wished he could say goodbye to his wife one last time, Edward continued on with his life, never stopping to rethink the past. As the Kenway duo sailed onward, little Jenny spoke with her new-found dad.

“Father...did you always know how to sail a boat,” she said.

“The Jackdaw is a Ship, Jenny,” he replied. “Not a boat”

“But did you always know?”

The captain to a moment to think of a good answer until he said, “No. No, I learned after leaving Bristol.”

“After you left Mother?”

“Well I didn't leave you're,” he paused. Caroline must have told Jenny what had happened. “I didn't leave without saying goodbye, that is. It was an Arrangement, you see? Between your Mother and me.”

“She said you left her,” Jenny began with a know-it-all tone in her voice. “She said you always talked about sailing a Boat and making Money in the New World.”

“I did always want to Sail a Ship, that's true,” he replied. “But not for a Lark. To support us. To take care of her...and you.”

“Not me. Mother said you didn't know about me. She said you only wrote once a year, and that she never knew where to find you.”

Edward’s heart dropped after hearing that. “That’s all true. And I’m sorry for that,” he apologized. “If I had known earlier...I don’t know. I might have come Home. I hope that I would have.”

She paused for only a minute or two, then said, “Well...you were busy. That’s what I think.”

“I was. But...that wouldn't have mattered.”

Jenny stood up from the keg she was sitting on and started walking toward the left side of Edward. Then she asked, “Can I steer your Boat?”

“Boat? I see no Boat here. Do you?”

She groaned, “Ugh, I mean Ship obviously. I don’t see the difference anyway.”

“Ah! It’s a very simple one, Jenny,” He replied. “A ship can carry a Boat, but a Boat cannot carry a Ship.”

“Why, then everything is a Ship, large and small, but for my Toy Boat. The one I take in the bath with me.”

He chuckled after hearing her version of the saying. “That’s a clever way of seeing it.”

They continued on in silence, but there was one last thing Edward wanted to get off his chest. “Is it hard to talk about Caroline, Jenny? About your Mother?”

“Hmm...no. She passed some years ago. I miss her, but its all right.”

“...Was she in pain?”

“I don’t know,” she admitted. “I don’t think so. She was very happy for quite some time. Then not so happy. I didn't see her much after that. Then she was gone.”
The Pirate Assassin didn't know what to say after he heard Jenny say that. “I...I’m sorry. I’m sorry I wasn't there for you,” he said.

“It’s all right. You’re here now. And we’re on an Adventure!”

“Only a little one, I hope. I couldn't handle too many more surprises.”

“Do you think we’ll see a whale?”

“Yes. There’s a very good chance.”

“Hm. And what about Pirates? Will I see Pirates?”

“No,” Edward lied about that one. He didn't want her to find out he became a Pirate during his time in the New World. “There’s not much chance of that, I think.”

“Oh. That’s rather sad,” she replied rather glumly. “I should have liked to see one.”

Then Edward got an idea to get his daughter’s spirits up. “Tell you what, Jenny,” he began. "As soon as the winds die a little, I’ll let you steer the Jackdaw. One little trick at the Helm before Sundown.”

“Yay,” she squealed. Edward just gave her a chuckle as the continued the sea. Suddenly there was a great thunderous boom towards the starboard side of the Jackdaw.

“Hurricane a commin’,” said a member of the crew. “Stand fast! Secure the rigging!”

“Jenny go inside,” Edward commanded. He couldn’t lose his daughter after he just met her. Not here, not now. “When this is over I’ll get you!”

She got the message and made her way to the Captain's Cabin. Meanwhile, back on the deck everything was chaos. Crew members struggling to steady the ship left and right, while Edward tried to steady the ship in the harsh winds. No water twisters had shown up yet, that was the last thing they needed.

All of a sudden, a glowing golden twister appeared right in front of the Jackdaw. Having no time to prepare the ship was swallowed up by the tornado. However, instead of ripping the ship to splinters, the twister started lifting the ship towards the sky. The light started getting brighter to the point where everyone had to shield their eyes.

And then, everything went quiet.

-----------------------------------------------------

The crew opened their eyes to an interesting site. A continent of some kind was a few miles away from where they currently dropped anchor. They rejoiced when they realized that after weeks of sailing, they would soon find rest and relaxation on the nearby landmass.

Edward was different with his enthusiasm. He examined the shore of land from his spyglass, and found that he didn't recognize a single thing. This wasn't London. Maybe they were blow off course and ended up in no-man’s land. Or there was something more about the twister that the Assassin was unaware of.

Whatever it was, now was not the time to dwell on that subject. For now, there was a new land out there, waiting to be explored. With that settled, he put away his spyglass, retrieved Jenny from the Cabin, and made to set sail to the new land.

“Lets move lads,” the Captain shouted. “Every scrap of deck on the wind.”

The Jackdaw began to move at it fastest speed toward the shore. Just as they were getting closer Edward thought now would be a good time to celebrate with a shanty.

"Give us a song lads." (feel free to sing along with the lyrics provided)

The crew happily sung one of their favorite shanties, The Coasts of High Barbary, out into the brisk salty air. As they got closer to the Mainland, Edward spotted a small island nearby. Turning the ship abroad, he steered the ship towards the small landmass, wondering if there were supplies or good ole treasure to collect.

He spotted someone waving their arms around and shouting at the top of their lungs for help on the desolate island. Not wanting to appear heartless to his daughter, he called for the Jackdaw to make a full stop. With that taken care of, he dived into the water and swam towards the straggler.

Upon surfacing, he realized two things. One was that the marooned person was a woman. And the other was that she wasn’t your normal damsel in distress. She had slightly pale skin, beautiful violet eyes, and a strange hair color of purple with a pink streak down towards the middle of her hair.
“Are you alright lass,” he said to the mysterious woman. At first she didn’t reply, sticking only to observing what Edward would do next.

Until at last she spoke, “Th-thank you for coming to rescue me. But, who are you?”

“My name is Edward Kenway lass,” he replied. “I think it’s time you got off this rock, miss-”

“Oh,” she gasped suddenly. “Sorry about that. Forgot to give you my name, after you *ahem. My-my name is Twilight Sparkle.”


To be continued...

Author's Note:

Yes, I ripped the dialogue of the ending of AC4. Do I feel sorry? No. This was essential to the rest of the story in my eyes.

Anyways, check back soon as me and my partner-in-crime brainstorm on what to do next. Stay tuned!