• Published 26th Mar 2012
  • 5,964 Views, 37 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Nightmare - There Is Nothing Here



Rainbow Dash and all of Equestria is enveloped with an unending nightmare.

  • ...
1
 37
 5,964

In the Shadow of Death

I can't.... I just can't anymore..... I haven't even been here long, but.... it's just unbearable. I've only been back in Alphion's nightmare for 3 days.... it's been worse than the first time I was here. Sometimes in here I would feel moments where I was strong, others I would feel like giving up. My emotions constantly conflicting, but... I simply can take no more..... I just can't.............

*****************************************************************************************************

"Get up!"

Rainbow Dash crawled away from Blitz's illusion. She was beaten badly, Blitz wouldn't let up. Although her mouth was sown shut, the cyan Pegasus heard her voice booming inside her head.

"I SAID GET UP!"

Dash stood up. Blitz turned around and bucked Dash with extreme force, she fell to the ground again. Blitz walked over to her and jumped on her chest.

"DON'T LIKE IT DO YOU! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WENT THROUGH!"

Blitz picked up Rainbow and began to choke her, then tossed her on the ground.

Blood stained the icy floor....Rainbow Dash was bleeding insanely fast, if she was mortal she would have died long ago... but that is no longer possible. She would live forever in Alphion's nightmare... forever.

******************************************************************************************************

Twilight woke up... in a frozen wasteland. Beside her was Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Princess Luna.

"Wh..where are we?" Fluttershy said nervously.

"We're in Alphion's nightmare my dear Fluttershy. This is where Rainbow Dash has been held."

"Well how are we supposed to find her? This scenery seems to go on forever." Applejack muttered.

"We'll just need to start looking!" Rarity said as she began to walk.

They began to here an echo in the wind....

"GET UP!!! HAVE YOU FELT ENOUGH YET!! I DON'T THINK YOU HAVE!!"

Fluttershy began to cower...

"Was that? No it can't be. It sounds like Blitz!" Applejack said.

"Ooooo Blitz is still alive! Yay!"

Pinkie Pie, being in the most dangerous situation of her life still had her perky attitude.

"Come on girls...."

Princess Luna led the way as they walked towards the echoing voice.

"Stop..... you will go no further...."

Alphion flew up from the ground.

"So..... you managed to make it here... I assume that Sonic Spark left you the amulet."

"Yes Alphion... and we've come to defeat you... once and for all." Luna bravely said stepping forward.

"Ahhh the fearless Princess Luna... I assumed they would send you. Look at you, you were once a powerful being of darkness and despair, but look at you now."

"Alphion... even as Nightmare Moon my goal was never to harm and kill innocent ponies."

"Sorry you feel that way. I offered you a great deal... but now you shall all pay the price."

Alphion formed a dark hole under the 6 ponies... they all fell, down into Alphion's Lair.


The six ponies awoke.

"Now now..... I have a little game for you girls... but with a game there come rules..."

Alphion raised his palm and picked up Princess Luna, and pulled her over to him. Then the illusions of Fluttershy, Twilight, Rarity, Applejack and Pinkie Pie appeared.

"These... are the 5 illusions that have tortured your dear Rainbow Dash beyond belief. I believe you can assume what you have to do."

The illusions stepped forward...

"I won't allow this!"

"Shutup....."

Alphion struck Luna and she passed out.

"Good luck.... my little ponies..." Luna said before she blacked out.

****************************************************************************************************

Rainbow Dash was no longer even trying to stand.

"I SAID GET UP!"

Blitz was ordering her to stand, but it was impossible...

"YOU ASKED FOR IT!"

Blitz stomped hard on the cyan Pegasus' head. Her mane was no longer rainbow. The blood had stained it very bad... her cyan coat was turning purple from all the blood. Dash blacked out.... she opened her eyes.. she was seeing an image of her friends, fighting Alphion's illusions. She heard Luna's voice.

"Rainbow Dash.... don't give up... all hope isn't lost... we've come for you... but right now we need your help.... please... don't give in."

The cyan Pegasus awoke, feeling empowered that there was still hope for Equestria. She stood up and struck Blitz....

"Your not Blitz..."

She struck her again...

"All you are... Is one of Alphion's.... damned illusions."

She picked up an ice shard from the floor and jammed it straight into Blitz's head. Blitz howled in pain. As she began to fade Rainbow Dash jumped onto her... fading into Alphion's lair with her.

****************************************************************************************************

Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy and Pinkie had all collapsed. These illusions were too strong. They had no idea how Rainbow Dash could have endured all of this pain. Alphion had even made it so that Twilight's magic would not work, but her illusion could. It wasn't a fair fight and they couldn't win. Then Twilight remembered something...

"Get up girls... Remember what Sonic Spark told us... any pony with an Element of Harmony inside of them... cannot be slain by Alphion or any of his illusions."

"Dammit Sonic Spark.... I should have killed her before she mouthed off to them."

Then all of a sudden, Blitz's illusion appeared in the middle of the fight between the ponies and there illusions. Rainbow Dash was still holding on to her...

"RAINBOW DASH!" Pinkie shouted as she saw her friend appear.

"Ughh..... I'm ok Pinkie...."

Alphion had a serious look on his face now. He was obviously infuriated.

"Hmmph... Enough girls..."

His illusions faded back into the ground... Alphion stepped forward.

"I've had enough of your little game...."

Alphion began firing huge blasts of shadow and flame at the girls... Princess Luna stood up and bucked Alphion and he fell to the floor... She ran back over to the 6 ponies. The smoke cleared... and all off the ponies were still standing... except for Rainbow Dash...

"Rainbow Dash!"

"No.... it's ok... I'm fine."

"Here girls..."

Luna handed Twilight the case with the 6 Elements of Harmony. The 6 ponies put on the elements... and fired a blast at Alphion... He roared in pain. He fell to the ground, unmoving.

"So that's it.... It's over?" Pinkie Pie said.

"No... look!" Twilight said as Alphion stood up...

"AGAIN!"

"Wait........" Alphion said as he stood up.

He was too weak to fight back. Rainbow Dash collapsed again.

"Before you end me.. I want to tell you all something... Your friend Rainbow Dash has suffered injuries that would have relieved any mortal with death by now. She is beyond recovery.... If I am defeated... and she returns to the mortal world in this state.... she will die."

Every pony was shocked. Is what Alphion said true?

"Princess Luna..." Twilight said as she looked at her.

Luna didn't say anything.... she nodded her head... a tear coming out of her eye.

"It can't be true... it just can't be......"