• Published 26th Mar 2012
  • 5,967 Views, 37 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Nightmare - There Is Nothing Here



Rainbow Dash and all of Equestria is enveloped with an unending nightmare.

  • ...
1
 37
 5,967

Screaming In Agony

Alphion has me. I failed to save Equestria, now forever I am locked in his nightmare. Death will never free me from this. It's Alphion's nightmare, his world, his rules.... and according to him... I will suffer for eternity.

******************************************************************************************************

"Hmmm... what to do with you next..."

Fluttershy's illusion walked around Rainbow Dash who was chained to the wall.

"y...................y........o..........u....................b..............i....t...c..........h"

Rainbow Dash could barely utter a single word. It was impossible for her to even move. Fluttershy walked up to the battered Pegasus.

"Shut up..."

The deranged Pegasus turned around and bucked Rainbow Dash into the wall. Even for an illusion of Fluttershy, she wasn't the slightest bit graceful.

"Hmmmmm.... oooo aha! That'll work"

The scenery began to change again. Rainbow Dash looked up, she was no longer chained to the wall, instead all of her hooves had been chained to rotating gears. Below her was a pool, filled with water it had to be at least 20 feet deep, she couldn't even see the bottom.

"Looks fun doesn't it?"

Fluttershy reached for the lever and pulled it. Rainbow Dash was slowly lowered down into the pool. She dipped one hoof into the pool and her heart skipped a beat. The water was ridiculously cold.

She had reached the bottom of the pool about a minute later. She heard Fluttershy's voice.

"Try and get out."

Again she heard her menacing laugh.

"Good luck...."

*********************************************************************************************************

"Well Sonic Spark? Will you help us?"

".............."

She didn't utter a single word.

"O...ok... I... will. But only if you promise you'll keep me safe from Alphion. If he founds out I've betrayed him, he'll kill me. Since I don't have a true Element of Harmony inside me, he can easily do so."

"That is correct, my dear Sonic Spark..."

Alphion said as he rose up from the floor of the library.

"Sorry lady's am I interrupting?"

"Back up Alphion."

Celestia stepped forward, shielding Sonic Spark for whatever attack Alphion was planning to unleash.

"Ahh the fearless Princess Celestia I assume. Now little Princess, step aside I must speak to my associate over here."

"You're not going to touch her."

"Hmph, I asked nicely."

Alphion put his hand out forward... raised Princess Celestia into the air and prepared to launch her back when suddenly...

"Alphion put her down... I'll come quietly......"

Sonic Spark stood up.

"No Sonic Spark...."

"Princess Celestia... Luna told me I could redeem myself, by letting you are any pony else in this room get hurt because of me, that would be a huge step backwards. Alphion isn't leaving without me, it's better if no pony else gets hurt when he does."

Princess Celestia was astonished at the pony's sudden attitude change.

"A wise choice my dear Sonic Spark, come.... we have something to discuss."

Alphion put the Alicorn Princess down. A dark portal formed on a wall behind Alphion.

"Come...."

Alphion entered the portal... and before Sonic Spark entered, she tossed an purple amulet at Princess Celestia.

She entered the portal...

"What is that Princess Celestia?"

Twilight Sparkle was confused, she had never seen Sonic Spark ever wearing or even holding that amulet.

"This I would imagine, is our only ticket to Alphion's nightmare. Twilight, check for a book on Alphion, see if there is anything in there about an amulet."

*****************************************************************************************************

"FLUTTERSHY!!"

Fluttershy's illusion trembled as Alphion's voice thundered.

"Release Rainbow Dash.... now!"

"Y...y...yes master"

Rainbow Dash was taken out of the pool and unchained. She was shaking vigorously from the freezing cold water. The scenery changed, back into the frozen wasteland. There was no more wind or snow falling from the sky. What was going on, Alphion was relieving her. Something was wrong.

"Now Rainbow Dash, you're probably wondering whats going on. Well I'll let some pony else explain it for me."

Alphion disappeared and Sonic Spark rose up from the shadows.

"You........"

The cyan Pegasus was still too weak, she could still barely stand.

"Wait.... Rainbow Dash... please, listen to me"

"Why should I listen to a word you say... I see what's going on. Alphion obviously doesn't need you anymore."

"No.. No Rainbow Dash that's not it."

"The only thing stopping me from killing you right now is the hours of pain that I've just endured."

"No... don't that's exactly what Alphion want's you to do. Alphion feeds and gains power off of the darkness, fear and torture in any living thing's soul. He's using you.... to get stronger. If you give in to him... he'll grow too powerful and no pony will be able to stop him."

"I don't.... believe you. I will never listen to a word you say. Ever."

"RAINBOW DASH! Don't you get it! He knows how stubborn you are, all of this... it was all planned out! It's been inevitable from the start. He knows you won't listen to me, and you killing me will make him stronger. The only way to stop him is to not give in!"

"Don't give in? Do you realize how long... I've been resisting, how long I've been being tortured? At this point, any relief he'll give me for whatever reason, I'll be glad to take it."

The cyan Pegasus stood up, and slowly walked towards Sonic Spark.

"Wait... Rainbow Dash, I know what you're going to do, and I won't fight you, I know I can't win. But if you do this you...."

Sonic Spark didn't get a chance to finish. Twilight Sparkle's illusion appeared behind her.

"Silence......."

Twilight said and a purple beam shot out of her eye sockets and hit Sonic Spark.

The yellow and black maned Pegasus couldn't speak. Twilight had muted her.

"Do it Rainbow Dash..... do it...."

Her voice echoed as she faded away.

****************************************************************************************************

"That's it Celestia! Right here."

Twilight had found a book on Alphion, inside the book there was a picture of the small purple amulet.

"What does it say about the amulet Twilight?"

Rarity was eager to hear how to use the amulet. She had grown as impatient as Rainbow Dash herself.

"Rarity calm down, give Twilight a minute."

"Thank you Applejack, now ok. The Amulet of Screaming Agony, legend has it that this amulet is possessed by the one and only Alphion, the Nightmare Inducer. The power contained within this amulet give's the holder the power to transfer a pony into a nightmare. The nightmare itself will not harm the pony's physical body, and the nightmare's conjured by it are not nearly as powerful as Alphion's. It can also be used by ponies to transport themselves into Alphion's nightmare. However no pony in the real world knows how it operates. Alphion and any of his subject's can use it with ease. But it's trigger is unknown to any pony of the real world."

"That's it?"

"Hang on, there's more on the next page."

"While some believe there is no trigger. It is possible that Nightmare Moon, who possesses nearly the same powers as Alphion, can access the power of the amulet."

Everyone looked at Princess Luna.

"Well, I do still control the same powers of Nightmare Moon, I however have chosen not to use them. But it couldn't hurt to try."

"Well what are we waitin fo'? Let's get to it." Applejack said.

*************************************************************************************************

Rainbow Dash stared into Sonic Spark's eyes. She still could not speak because of Twilight's spell.

"...................I don't care how weak I feel right now, I'd kill you anyway no matter how weak I am. What's stopping me, is what happened with Blitz. I thought she was a horrible deceiving pony, and when I saw what had done to her, I wished I could have just died on the spot."

"I'm disappointed you feel that way Rainbow Dash."

Alphion rose up from a dark hole in the floor.

"But since you do, I guess I'll have to do this myself."

Alphion raised his palm, and fired a blast of shadow at Sonic Spark. She fell to the floor.

"NO!"

Rainbow Dash charged over to Sonic Spark's body. She was dead, instantly killed by Alphion's blast.

"It's your turn now Rainbow Dash."

His eye's lit up red, and the cyan Pegasus collapsed.

She opened her eyes, everything was blurry. Staring straight at her above her was Pinkie Pie's illusion.

Unmoving..... she just stared at her and laughed maniacally. The petrified Pegasus stood up and started walking slowly. Surrounding her were all 5 illusions of her friends, all of them laughing. Everything was so blurry, even her hearing.

Then something rose up from the floor again. Blitz... it was Blitz. But... no it couldn't be. Alphion had made an illusion of her to. Hey eye's were missing, just like the rest of the illusions. Her mouth was sown shut, and she had bruises and scars, exactly the spots where Rainbow had hit her. Blood oozed out of her empty eye sockets. The cyan Pegasus' heart stopped, she couldn't take anymore of this. She heard a voice echoing in the distance.

"Come Rainbow Dash..... follow me."

It was Blitz's voice, but her illusion was standing in front of her, she couldn't possibly talk, her mouth was sown shut. Blitz's illusion starting walking. The cyan Pegasus didn't want to move, but she felt herself being forced to follow.

Occasionally, the cyan Pegasus heard a little electrical spark, where was she going? What was going on.

"AHHH!"

Rainbow's sight went black for a second and she saw Fluttershy being stabbed and tortured by Alphion. Blood was dripping from her head and body. Dash's vision returned, she was still following Blitz. Her sight went black again, then she saw Alphion, standing over Fluttershy's mangled body, laughing. Again, her vision returned.... Where was she going...... She kept following Blitz, then she felt herself falling. She blacked out mid-fall.

***************************************************************************************************

Luna's horn grew a bright purple, she used her powers and lifted the amulet into the air. It began to glow as well. The amulet fired a beam at the wall and a portal opened.

"Ok let's go!"

"Wait. My little ponies, there is something I must say first. I have no idea what you will see on the other side of this portal. I cannot leave Equestria unattended, so Princess Luna will be accompanying you. And one more thing."

Princess Celestia reached for her saddlebag. She pulled out a case, it was the case that contained the Elements of Harmony.

"Here my little ponies, you may need this. Good luck to you."

"Thank you Princess Celestia."

Twilight Sparkle said, and took the case from Celestia.

"Let's go save our friend girls."

***************************************************************************************************

Rainbow Dash awoke, in a grassy field.

"This..this is. No it can't be."

She was staring at Ponyville. How could... what was going on. The confused Pegasus started walking towards the small town. She passed by the school where the Cutie Mark Crusader's and every pony else was playing in the schoolyard. Every pony was having a good time. Then suddenly, the sky turned dark and clouds formed over Ponyville. It began to rain and thunder. Ponies everywhere were running around in fear. Then Alphion and an army black shadows rose up. They moved the city, striking every pony in their path. Rainbow chased after them, her vision began to blur again. She looked around her, dead ponies covered the ground. Blood was flowing through the city like a river, the rain began to pick up.

"Rainbow Dash!"

The cyan Pegasus turned around, she saw Scootaloo running towards her.

"Scootaloo!"

Then a black shadow rose up from the ground and grabbed Scootaloo.

"No..."

Rainbow Dash couldn't move. The shadow grabbed Scootaloo and began to choke her. Scootaloo gagged and screamed in pain until she fell, lifeless to the ground. All around her, ponies were being slaughtered and massacred by Alphion's army. The cyan Pegasus went insane, screaming as loud as she could. The sights were unbearable. She felt a sharp pain in her throat, but she continued to scream. She collapsed to the floor. Alphion walked over to her.

"You like what you see?"

Alphion held Scootaloo's bloodied and battered body in the rainbow maned Pegasus' face. He raised his hand, and lowered Rainbow Dash into the ground..... Alphion returned her to the frozen wasteland. The same spot where Sonic Spark was killed.

"Rainbow Dash.... I left Sonic Spark with you for a reason. You were supposed to kill her, and I thought that you would... but apparently you didn't. That disappoints me, i relieved you from Fluttershy's torture, but you defied my orders. You're stuck here forever, do what I tell you to do and this will be a lot easier for you."

"Never... I'll never listen to you."

"I'm sorry to hear that..."

Alphion faded away, and Blitz's illusion rose up from the ground.

"Whatever's next, I can take it, I won't give in...."

A voice echoed in the distance... It was Blitz's

"They way you made me suffer....... It is going to be returned to you.............You'll be begging for mercy........ Your screams of agony...shall echo throughout Equestria, and bring it's denizens to their knees..............."