• Published 26th Mar 2012
  • 5,967 Views, 37 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Nightmare - There Is Nothing Here



Rainbow Dash and all of Equestria is enveloped with an unending nightmare.

  • ...
1
 37
 5,967

Dark Descension

I have failed..... Blitz is dead...... I was unable to prove Sonic Spark's deception........ Equestria.... is..... doomed.....

*********************************************************************************************

"Welcome back Rainbow Dash....you have failed in your task. You know what this means"

".....I know what this means......I don't care... you made me murder an innocent pony, your a sick twisted monster....Return me to the nightmare... But I won't give up.... no matter what you do to me.. you won't break me."

"You call me a monster? I'm not the one who killed poor Blitz."

"You bastard...."

Rainbow couldn't control herself, her soul had fallen to darkness. Her entire body was fueled with her rage. She wasn't going to go down, not without a fight... She charged at Alphion, in a desperate attempt to wound him.

"No,no,no"

Alphion shot a dark beam out of his palm, striking Rainbow Dash full force.... She collapsed on the ground.

"Fluttershy...."

"Yes... m..master Alphion"

"She is too strong, I will find a way to break her spirit. Make sure she doesn't get up while I think."

Fluttershy obeyed and walked over to the cyan Pegasus. She repeatedly kicked Rainbow Dash, every attempt she made to get up, she would be knocked back down.

She looked up, Fluttershy's illusion looked even scarier, especially with the scar in the top of her head where the knife jammed into her skull.

"y....y............y..............oooo...u.."

Rainbow Dash collapsed unconscious, she was badly bruised and she was bleeding. With Alphion's curse she could not die, not ever, she was doomed to be tortured for eternity. She would be forced to watch Equestria be enveloped in a nightmare by Alphion. It was over, he had won.

The cyan Pegasus had barely regained consciousness when she felt herself being dragged somewhere. She fully awoke inside what appeared to be a maze, a hedge maze to be exact. It looked like... the maze where Discord had trapped her and her friends. She got up and began walking... slowly through it.

"Twilight!"

Rainbow Dash saw Twilight, but there was someone next to her, it was Discord.

"What? This can't be happening."

Discord reached for Twilight and picked her up by the throat. He began to choke her.

"NO!"

Rainbow Dash charged at Discord. She jumped at him and went right through him. Twilight fell limp and lifeless.

"Do you enjoy what you're seeing Rainbow Dash?"

It was Alphion, she heard his voice, but couldn't see him.

"Did that hurt? Have you felt enough pain? Enough suffering! Feel this!"

Rainbow felt herself being lifted off the ground, she felt a crushing force on her throat. Something was choking her, Alphion had to be using some kind of psychic power.

"It won't end Rainbow Dash, you will remain here forever! GET USED TO THE PAIN!!"

Alphion launched the cyan Pegasus against a wall. She opened her eyes, and saw Fluttershy's illusion slowly walking toward her... Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. She was going crazy, her vision was so blurry.

"I wanted you to be like me Rainbow Dash..."

Yet again she pointed at her eyes. Rainbow thought this was it, Fluttershy was going to gouge her eyes out and she would wander this world with no sight. No way of knowing where she was going.

"But.... Alphion has forbid it, you must see everything that is going to happen to you. You're stuck here forever, this is only the beginning."

Fluttershy reached for her back again, and pulled the knife out of her saddle bag. She held it in her hoof and jammed it into Rainbow Dash's side. The cyan coated Pegasus was too weak to cry out, but she was screaming on the inside. The pain was completely unbearable.

"I'll be back later... goodbye Dashie."

Fluttershy let out a light menacing laugh and walked away.

Dash fell unconscious yet again.

*****************************************************************************************************

"Come Princess Celestia! This is where it happened!"

Sonic Spark said as she led Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and the rest of the Mane 6 to the spot where Blitz had been killed. Her body was no longer there but the Princesses wanted to see the spot for themselves.

"So, Sonic Spark, you saw Rainbow Dash kill Blitz with your own eyes correct?"

"Yes Princess Celestia, I was flying around and I saw Dash choke Blitz and throw her on the ground. By the time she was dead Rainbow Dash had flew away, I couldn't save Blitz."

Princess Luna gave Sonic Spark a strange look, it didn't seem very coincidental for her to be flying here just when Blitz was murdered.

"Hmm... it is a real shame what the Pegasus did,"

Princess Celestia didn't seem to suspect a thing. Luna was lost in thought.

"Is something the matter Luna?"

"Yes Celestia, I don't believe Sonic Spark. Something you want to tell us?"

"N...No Princess why would I lie to you?"

"Good, because let us see if your story is true."

A glowing purple light emanated from Luna's horn, she fired it at the ground. Every pony was getting a glimpse into the past.

*****************************************************************************************

"My name is Sonic Spark"

"What are you doing here?"

" You thought you had this all planned out? You thought you could fool Alphion? Alphion never gave you a fair chance, he knew you would fail. See the dead Pegasus over there? You thought killing Alphion's agent would at least somewhat help you? Well it would, if you had at least killed the right pony.

"Wh....What do you mean?"

"Blitz arrived in Ponyville after Alphion released all the ponies of Equestria from his nightmare and wiped their memories of you and the nightmare. Time moves a lot faster out here than in that nightmare. You've been gone for 4 months. When you got here he knew that you would immediately assume she was the agent because she hung around your friends the most. Since I knew this as well, I hid from you while darkness took control of you. When Ponyville hears about what you've done to Blitz, it's back to the nightmare with you. Blitz was no dark agent Rainbow Dash... I am."

"You... you're Alphion's agent."

"See now you're getting it. If you were smart you would have mentioned Nightmare Moon or Discord, every pony knows that Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack and Sonic Spark represent the 6 Elements of Harmony. They would have mentioned me."

"You're not the sixth Element of Harmony, you cannot be the Element of Loyalty, you're betraying 5 of the strongest and nicest ponies in this land. And now laying next to me is the dead body of the nicest most innocent pony, because of you and because of Alphion. I'm not so sure Alphion is going to spare you when he envelops Equestria in a nightmare."

"We did not kill Blitz... you did"

**********************************************************************************************

"Just as I thought.... SONIC SPARK!"

Luna's voice thundered as Sonic Spark trembled.

"YOU WILL TELL US WHAT WE WANT TO KNOW RIGHT NOW! WHO IS ALPHION AND WHAT IS THE REAL REASON YOU ARE HERE!"

Luna's voice was so becoming so loud the rest of the pony's backed away.

"....Well.........

*********************************************************************************************

"I'm back Rainbow Dash... Did you miss me? Here lemme help you with this"

Fluttershy reached down and pulled the knife out of Rainbow Dash's side. The battered Pegasus was too injured to do anything. She was completely paralyzed and couldn't move an inch.

"GET UP!"

"O....O.....k"

Rainbow was barely able to stand up, her legs trembling as she got up.

The scenery around her began to change.... the hedge maze faded away and the frozen wasteland began to form. But something was different. The wind picked up and it was a lot colder than it was before. Snow and ice were falling from the dark clouds above. Fluttershy faded away saying.

"Good luck....."

The cyan Pegasus began walking, but didn't get very far, she collapsed yet again. She began to mutter something to herself.

"This.... this is for eternity, with no relief, ever........ Equestria........ Twilight.... Rarity....... Applejack.............. .Fluttershy........ .........Pinkie.......Blitz....... I'm sorry......."

Rainbow Dash began to sob heavily. She would never see her friends again. She would wonder the world forever, worst of all, she would have the torture of knowing that while she lived forever in this nightmare, her friends in Equestria would die. She began to cry even harder..... Alphion had broken her, he took Rainbow Dash, a brave kindhearted Pegasus, turned her into a dark evil murderer, and then forced her into a never ending nightmare with the knowledge that Equestria and her friends were dying out.

*****************************************************************************************************

"Quick Twilight! There has to be a book here on Alphion!"

Twilight and Princess Celestia were the first two to run into the Ponyville library. Sonic Spark had told them everything about Rainbow Dash and Alphion.

"There's no need for a book..."

"What do you mean Luna?"

Just then Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rarity walked it, they had Sonic Spark tied up and she was trying hard to get free. She could have simply faded away since she was one of Alphion's illusions but Celestia put a spell on her to prevent her from doing so.

"Ok, so as I was saying. Alphion.... the Nightmare Inducer. He alone, is stronger than me and you combined Celestia, his powers surpass even Discord's. He offered me a deal while I was still Nightmare Moon. I would rule Equestria from the real world, while he would do as he pleased with Equestria and it's ponies. But I had no interest in having him hurt innocent ponies. But moving on, he has the power to create powerful nightmares and illusions. Also he can erase the memories of his nightmares, or any living thing contained in his nightmares and replace them. Which is what he has done to Rainbow Dash."

Every pony was speechless, Alphion did not sound like any laughing matter.

"I wish I knew what his plans were this time, but they definitely not good. For him to contain Rainbow Dash in this nightmare, erase our memories of her and then replace her in history. I wonder what was so special about this Pegasus that she was subjected to this torment."

Applejack stepped forward.

"Well, dark lord or not, he's got our buddy trapped in that nightmare o' his. We need to find a way to stop him and fix this."

"I wish it was that simple..... You see Alphion can only be defeated by the 6 Elements of Harmony combined, but without Rainbow Dash.... it is impossible."

"Well we gotta do something! Poor poor Rainbow Dash is stuck in that awful nightmare all by herself!"

"We'll think of something of something Pinkie Pie... we'll think of something"

*****************************************************************************************************

Rainbow Dash stood up..... slowly, tears still dripping off her eyelids............

"Now Rainbow Dash... you look lonely, you could use some company."

The cyan Pegasus stood up, trembling as she heard Alphion's voice.

A shadow rose up from the ground and Rarity's illusion appeared.

"Now my dear Rainbow Dash, you look terrible, you need a complete makeover..... Here let me help you."

Rarity pulled a needle and thread out her saddlebag.

"Get away... from me."

Rarity let out a maniacal laugh.

"Now my darling Dashie... This won't hurt a bit..."

Rainbow Dash turned around, giving Rarity the illusion she was going to run. Then she lifted her legs, and used whatever energy she had and bucked Rarity has hard as she could.

Rarity's illusion fell to the ground. She faded into the ground and the reappeared in front of the cyan Pegasus. She jabbed the needle at Dash's face. She quickly dodged it and swept her foot and knocked Rarity to the ground again. The cyan Pegasus quickly swiped the needle from Rarity and jammed into the left side of Rarity's face.

"AHHHHHH!"

Rarity howled in pain and the nightmare began to shake around Rainbow Dash.

"ENOUGH!"

Alphion rose up from the ground. Rainbow tensed up yet again... scared at what might happen to her next.

"YOU!! I'M GROWING TIRED OF YOU! NO REGULAR PEGASUS IN THIS DAMNED WORLD CAN ENDURE WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH!! YOU'VE FORCED MY ILLUSION TO RETREAT FROM YOU! IT'S SIMPLY IMPOSSIBLE!"

Rainbow was petrified by Alphion's booming voice. He was completely furious... She was trying as hard as she could to show no fear. But the look in her eyes showed that she was terrified.

"YOU'VE LEFT ME CHOICE! I WILL PUT YOU DOWN MYSELF!!"

Alphion's voice began to lower in volume.

"You Rainbow Dash.... I see now... you're too strong to be completely broken by my illusions. So I will break you myself, and for the rest of eternity.... my illusions will torture your petrified unmoving body."

Alphion's palm began to glow, a dark aura surrounding it. He fired a huge ball of shadow at Rainbow Dash.

"She'll dodge this for sure." He thought to himself.

Sure enough the cyan Pegasus flew up dodging the last. Then almost instantly Alphion charged forward and grabbed Dash.

"Take this!"

He rose up into the dark sky, and chucked Rainbow Dash as hard as he could at the ground. She hit the cold icy ground that was so solid and hard it didn't even crack. She hit the ground so hard, with complete resistance from it. You couldn't even imagine what that would feel like.

"Fluttershy.... come get her..."

Alphion faded back into is lair, while Fluttershy appeared and dragged the unconscious Pegasus away.

Dash awoke, chained to some kind of wall.

"Wh....what's going on?"

"Hi Rainbow Dash....."

Fluttershy's illusion stepped forward.

"Do you see this thing here?"

Next to Fluttershy was some sort of machine...

"Check out what it does..."

The deranged Pegasus flipped a switch on the machine. A blast of freezing cold air shot out from it, blowing right on Rainbow Dash.

"You know Rainbow Dash..... if it were possible for you to die, you would have froze to death by now. This machine shoots out cold air at -200 degrees Fahrenheit. Thanks to Alphion, I can create whatever I wish to torture you. I mean, the way you dodged Rarity's attacks and then stabbed her with her own needle, you were practically on fire! I figured this would.... cool you down a bit..."

Rainbow Dash couldn't focus on what Fluttershy was saying. This was completely unbearable. She began to scream, this was the worst thing she could ever imagine. Why wasn't she freezing? She should have turned to a block of ice by now, probably another spell from Alphion, so she would have to feel the pain of the blast. Why.... why couldn't Alphion just kill her! It would make it so that she could never interfere with his plans again. Why.................

***************************************************************************************************

Twilight, Pinkie, Rarity, Applejack, Luna and Celestia had been sitting in the library for hours. They were interrogating Sonic Spark, trying to get her to reveal something about Alphion.

"Come on y'all this ain't workin none. She's too stubborn."

Everyone seemed to agree with Applejack.

"Wait.... I have an idea." Rarity said.

"Pinkie Pie... could you do me a favor, talk to our dear Sonic Spark here, use any means necessary to get her to say something. Every pony else follow me."

The ponies all gave Rarity a strange look.

"Absolutely no pony can listen to Pinkie Pie talk nonstop for more than ten minute, she'll crack, just give it time."

10 minutes later...

"AAAHHHH MAKE IT STOP! PLEASE BE QUIET!"

"Seeee, I told you she would crack."

"Ok... I'll tell you everything. Alphion about 8 months ago, had taken Sweetie Belle and dragged her into a nightmare just like Rainbow Dash. Sweetie Belle was getting nightmares, warnings about him. She had been investigating in Twilight's library at night researching him. So he erased her memory and left her and dropped her in the Everfree Forest. Ponyville gave a weak response to it since there was no evidence of her disappearance. Rainbow Dash received a sign of her disappearance beforehand, she couldn't sleep for no reason. That is the sign of Alphion's coming. 4 months later, Alphion had a plan, to envelop Equestria in a nightmare, but with all 6 Elements of Harmony being in the real world, it was impossible to keep them all contained for long.. Fluttershy received the same sign the night before, when Rainbow Dash heard that Fluttershy couldn't sleep she began to freak out. The next day Alphion captured Twilight, Rarity and then the rest of Equestria. He decided to fool Rainbow Dash into remaining in the nightmare. He said that by her staying here, he would release everyone. He replaced her in history with me, a fake Element of Loyalty. He wiped everyone's memory of her, Sweetie Belle's disappearance and the nightmare storm. While his power was being rebuilt, Rainbow Dash was left being tortured in the nightmare."

"Typical move for Alphion," Luna said.

"Wait, why wouldn't Alphion just kill Rainbow Dash?"

"Alphion's power may be great, but he cannot kill any pony with the Element of Harmony contained inside her. But.. continuing on. So Alphion forced Rainbow Dash to wander his nightmare, while being hunted by horrific illusions of her friends. They would torture her, but were unable to kill her. Rainbow however, tricked Pinkie Pie's illusion into taking her back to Alphion. Alphion gave Rainbow Dash one last chance to save Equestria. She would return to Ponyville and she had to prove that I was working for him. So I hid, and Blitz had arrived in town after all the ponies were released from his nightmare. Rainbow Dash assumed Blitz was Alphion's agent so she gathered evidence to expose her. She thought Blitz was too nice for an average pony. She thought Blitz was just acting so no pony would suspect her. After what she heard in the alley and in the park, she decided to tell you girls. But when Blitz had just been reading to the Cakes' twins, she thought Alphion had informed Blitz of her next move, so she faked it. Then Rainbow began to grow darker and darker, thinking about returning to the nightmare. Alphion gave her two weeks to prove it, or she would return to the nightmare, to be tortured for eternity. So Rainbow killed Blitz, in a desperate attempt to at least postpone Alphion's attack."

".............................Unbelievable........................"

Every pony was shocked at what they were hearing. Their friend was trapped in an endless nightmare, Blitz was dead, and they had been deceived by the evil pony illusion.

"Well how do we get to this Alphion feller?" Applejack said.

"Ahahah,"

Sonic Spark laughed weakly....

"It would be pointless, only Alphion can release Rainbow Dash from her nightmare, and he would never do that. It's a suicide mission."

"We don't care.... if we don't do something, all of Equestria will be consumed by this nightmare."

"I.... will never.... tell you.... AHHH!"

Sonic Spark struggled to get free... the ropes snapped and she flew up into the air.

"YOU WILL NEVER GET TO ALPHION!!"

Sonic Spark's eyes grew dark. She began firing shadow blasts at the rest of the ponies.

"AHAHA!"

"ENOUGH!"

Princess Luna's horn grew bright, and she fired a blast at Sonic Spark. She fell to the ground...

"Sonic... Sonic Spark.... you claim to be an agent of darkness, and nothing more than an illusion. But somewhere deep inside you there is a good and decent pony. Alphion will not spare you when he destroys Equestria, this is your chance to redeem yourself. Help us get to him, and we will end him."

Princess Luna stood over Sonic Spark, waiting for her answer.

********************************************************************************************

"AHHHHHHHHH!!"

Rainbow Dash was screaming, this pain was too much for her to bare. The freezing cold air was freezing and paralyzing her body. She didn't know how much she could endure... but it didn't matter, she was FORCED to endure everything.... Alphion wasn't joking.... this was real torture.

"That's it Rainbow dash..... feel the pain.... Get used to it.... Because you're never getting out of here."