• Published 26th Mar 2012
  • 5,960 Views, 37 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Nightmare - There Is Nothing Here



Rainbow Dash and all of Equestria is enveloped with an unending nightmare.

  • ...
1
 37
 5,960

A Forgotten Pegasus


I have returned to Equestria. I was give one last chance by Alphion, the Nightmare Inducer to save Equestria from his nightmares. He has erased my existence from this world. If I can prove that I exist and that his "agent" as he calls this pony that replaced me, is working with Alphion, he has promised to leave Equestria alone. He may be plotting another scheme like he did before, but this is the only chance I have, and I must take it.

*************************************************************************************************

Rainbow Dash rose up from the ground in the exact same spot where she had been dragged into Alphion's nightmare. On the outskirts of Ponyville. Last time she saw it, Ponyville was destroyed and in ruins, but now it's as if nothing happened. She figured the first thing she should do is find out who this mysterious "agent" was. How was she to find one pony in Ponyville. Well there was one pony who knew every pony in Ponyville, Pinkie Pie.

"If Alphion erased my existence, Pinkie Pie obviously won't recognize me, and she'll likely throw me a welcome party just like she did for Twilight."

The cyan Pegasus trotted down to Sugarcube Corner to see if her pink friend was there. She walked in the front door, and Pinkie was standing right at the counter. Rainbow proceeded to walk up to her. Since she had no money, she couldn't by anything so she walked around a bit and walked out.

"AHHHH!"

Rainbow Dash heard Pinkie Pie scream, she obviously realized that this Pegasus was new in town.

After around an hour trotting around Ponyville waiting to either see Pinkie Pie, or some sort of party for her. She trotted through the side streets of Ponyville when something grabbed her. She was blindfolded and her mouth was taped shut. When the tape and blindfold was removed, Rainbow Dash was sitting in the Ponyville library. Pinkie Pie had done it. Just about every pony in Ponyville had to be there.

"Hi, you're new in town right! So if you're new then you must not have any friends so you must be lonely and that made me sooooo sad! So I threw you a welcome party so you can make friends! Hi I'm Pinkie Pie!"

"I'm Rainbow Dash.. nice to meet you Pinkie Pie"

Rainbow felt very awkward talking to one of her closest friends like she barely knew her.

"Ok now come on I have some ponies I want you to meet!"

Rainbow Dash was sure Pinkie would introduce her to Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy and this new pony who had taken Dash's place.

"Ok so this is Twilight Sparkle..."

The cyan Pegasus had stopped listening, already knowing what she was going to say.

"annnd finally this is Blitz! I had one more pony I wanted you to meet, but she's not here now"

"There we go," Rainbow thought to herself.

"Hi, I'm Blitz, who are you?"


"Fanmade picture of Blitz that I made"

"My name is Rainbow Dash, nice to meet you Blitz"

This had to be Alphion's agent. She had never seen her in Ponyville before. However, this did not seem like a bad pony to Rainbow Dash. She had an eggshell coat with with wings about the same size as Rainbow's. She had along red mane that reached down to the top of her legs. She had a sweet soft voice, but she wasn't very shy like Fluttershy. She seemed friendly at first, but this was exactly Alphion's plan, to make Blitz seem so nice that Rainbow could never prove she was working for him. The worst part of it was, nobody knew who Alphion was!

The cyan coated Pegasus spent the rest of the party walking around and thinking how to solve her problem. She also tried to get closer with her friends, hopefully to give her some slack, making easier to prove Blitz's evil intentions.

"Ok every pony.. party's over!"

Every pony began to get their stuff and leave the library.

"Hey Rainbow Dash!"

Rainbow turned around to see Blitz walking towards her. Dash didn't know what to do, did Alphion somehow inform Blitz that Rainbow was coming?

"Hey, Rainbow Dash so I was wondering....If you don't have some place to stay tonight, I could show you a spot where the clouds are nice and soft, perfect for getting a good nights sleep, especially after that party."

The cyan Pegasus was very confused... if this was supposed to be her replacement in history, Alphion most definitely informed her WHO she was copying. But Rainbow Dash was exhausted and Blitz couldn't do anything to her while they were in Ponyville.

"Sure that sounds nice, thank you."

"Ok, follow me."

Blitz led Rainbow Dash to the same place where she had normally slept. Rainbow Dash fell asleep on the cloud, happy that for at least one night, she could have a good rest.

Rainbow Dash awoke again in the middle of the night. Blitz had fallen asleep next to her.

"Ok.... this getting really weird. This pony is too nice and too sweet to be helping Alphion,"

Just then, a dark figure rose up from the ground. It was Alphion.

"You have 2 weeks Rainbow Dash, if by then you have not proved that my "agent" is working for me, you will return to my nightmare."

Rainbow's heart stopped, she only had two weeks, how was she supposed to gain her "friends" trust in two weeks. There had to be one little shred of evidence that could help her.

The next morning the cyan Pegasus awoke, Blitz was no longer next to her, she had probably already flew off already. She thought long and hard about what her next move would be. She decided to spy on Blitz, to see if she was close enough with her old friends to be replacing her. Blitz had to have been one of the nicest ponies she had ever seen. First she went down to Sweet Apple Acres to help Applejack with the apple bucking. She helped Pinkie Pie watch the Cake's Twins. She helped Twilight clean the library. She helped Fluttershy tend to her animals, she could even get Angel to finish his vegetables, something even Fluttershy couldn't do. She was perfect, too nice for an average pony. This had to be Alphion's plan, make Blitz seem so nice that there was no way any pony would suspect her of anything.

The only thing Dash could do to prove it was maybe try and tell one of her friends, she knew everything about them, that had to make them somewhat suspicious, right?

"I can't do that, it's too risky and if they don't believe me my cover will be blown."

That's when it happened, Blitz was trotting down Ponyville into a small dark alley. Dash followed her and kept her ear close to the wall, Blitz was talking to someone.

"... Yes everything is in order master. There is no way that, this Pegasus will complete her task on time."

Rainbow Dash was shocked, she heard clearly what Blitz said, she flew away thinking of a plan to expose Blitz.

"If I see her going into that alley again, I'll convince my friends to listen to what she says and expose that red maned deceiver."

Then the cyan Pegasus had a better idea, instead of immediately exposing her, she would try to get closer to Blitz, maybe this pony was working for Alphion, but if she was an actual pony with real emotions, she would tell Rainbow something.

The next morning

Rainbow Dash awoke, full prepared knowing what she had to do today. She invited Blitz to hang out at Ponyville Park today, hopefully to try and learn more about her.

"Hi Rainbow Dash."

"Hey Blitz glad you could make it!"

"Yea soo, what do you wanna do? Oh just saying I have to leave a little early, Rarity needs help making a new dress and she wanted my help."

"Oh.. ok no problem."

This pony obviously didn't want to be around Rainbow Dash, she was afraid she might tell her something she shouldn't. The two Pegasi talked for around an thirty minutes. Rainbow was getting no information out of her, it was like she always knew exactly what to say.

"Wait..."

Rainbow thought to herself, if this pony is my replacement in history, she grew up in the same place as me, then again.... most Pegasi grew up in Cloudsdale. So her answer would probably be that, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

"Where are you from Blitz?"

Blitz thought for a second, she finally didn't have the answer to this question, she may have been Rainbow Dash's replacement, but she still didn't know everything about her. Finally she replied,

"Well, I was born in Canterlot and my parents wanted to send me to Cloudsdale, I didn't want to go, I'm not much into flying."

This made no sense... Fluttershy wasn't even into flying a lot and she still went to Cloudsdale, now Blitz was just making excuses.

"Hey Rainbow Dash...Is something bothering you?"

"What no.. no nothing at all."

"Mmk"

Blitz said in a soft voice, she inched close to Rainbow Dash. A small smile grew on her face.

"Wow look at time, uhhh I really gotta go seeya Blitz!"

The cyan Pegasus dashed away from Blitz.

"I couldn't get any information out of her, except that she lied about Cloudsdale, I'll expose her tomorrow night. It's my only option at this point."

Sure enough Blitz returned to the alley the next night, the cyan Pegasus flew away, she didn't need to hear what Blitz was saying, she had her now. Rainbow flew back to her cloud feeling proud that tomorrow she could expose Blitz.

Dash woke up the next morning to find Blitz sleeping next to her yet again.

"Ok there are like 100 clouds here, I don't care if she's an agent of darkness, but she's playing this waaay to safe. She's trying to get close to me (literally it seems) so that I don't suspect it's her. It gives her away"

Rainbow Dash went to Ponyville Park to spend the day, Blitz went into the alley just after dusk, she would convince the rest of the ponies beforehand.

*************************************************************************************************

That night... I thought I had it all planned out, I had been in Ponyville for around 5 days and I thought I had already won, I was wrong.... completely... wrong.

************************************************************************************************

The red maned Pegasus went into the alley that night, Rainbow had convinced Rarity, Twilight, Fluttershy and Pinkie to follow her. When Blitz began to speak, the ponies were shocked at what they heard. Then Pinkie poked her head around the corner.

"Rainbow Dash you silly filly, Blitz is just reading a story to the Cake's twins. She does that every night, even though those two are still babies, they looove Blitz's scary stories."

Rainbow Dash was in awe, she believed she had evidence Blitz was deceiving them.

"Rainbow Dash, you're new here, and you had the nerve to accuse a nice pony such as Blitz of being a Dark Lord's agents, maybe you should go..."

"But.. wait"

"No Rainbow Dash... come on girls, lets go"

Not even Fluttershy had a comforting word to say. The cyan Pegasus was crushed, her friend Twilight Sparkle, just told her to leave, she had really screwed up this time. The 4 ponies walked away. Rainbow walked all the way back to the spot where she used to sleep. Blitz had to be Alphion's agent, she had to.

"She must have known, Alphion has been telling her, that's why she can predict what I'm going to do, I can't win. Unless.."

She thought about returning to that nightmare. She got angrier and angrier until she felt she had no other choice, if she was going back to that nightmare, she was going to make sure Alphion was setback in his plan to envelop Equestria in his nightmare. Rainbow hid under the tree and waited for Blitz to return.

Blitz flew around and finally landed on the soft cloud.

"Where's Rainbow Dash is? She's normally here before me."

"I'm right here...."

Rainbow Dash rose up from the cloud and knocked Blitz off.

"Shutup... you're coming with me"

The cyan Pegasus was growing darker and darker. She dragged the unconscious Blitz far away from Ponyvillle.

"Get up. You think you can just take my place in history, ruin my life and have Alphion lock me away in that nightmare!"

"R..Rainbow Dash I don't know what you're talking about.. p..please ...do...don't hurt me"

She got up and Rainbow struck her multiple times. She jumped on her chest breaking her ribs. Blitz was literally begging Rainbow Dash to stop. All Rainbow could think about was returning to that nightmare in failure. If she was going to remain in oblivion forever, she was going to do as much damage as she could to Alphion's plan. She choked Blitz until she stopped breathing, Blitz fell limp and lifeless on the cold hard ground.

It grew cold... and silent. Rainbow stared at the dead body of Blitz. She didn't say a word.....

"Well, well, well... you did it"

Rainbow Dash turned around and saw a pony staring at her. She had never seen this pony in her life.

"Oh... I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself"

The pony stepped out from under the shade of the tree.

"My name is Sonic Spark"

This pony had a gray coat,she was a Pegasus just like Rainbow Dash,and she had a mane almost the same style as Rainbow Dash's, except the colors were a bright yellow and black.

"Fanmade image of Sonic Spark"

"What are you doing here?"

" You thought you had this all planned out? You thought you could fool Alphion? Alphion never gave you a fair chance, he knew you would fail. See the dead Pegasus over there? You thought killing Alphion's agent would at least somewhat help you? Well it would, if you had at least killed the right pony.

"Wh....What do you mean?"

The cyan Pegasus felt her body tense up. She was shaking, scared what this pony's response would be.

"Blitz arrived in Ponyville after Alphion released all the ponies of Equestria from his nightmare and wiped their memories of you and the nightmare. Time moves a lot faster out here than in that nightmare. You've been gone for 4 months. When you got here he knew that you would immediately assume she was the agent because she hung around your friends the most. Since I knew this as well, I hid from you while darkness took control of you. When Ponyville hears about what you've done to Blitz, it's back to the nightmare with you. Blitz was no dark agent Rainbow Dash... I am."

"You... you're Alphion's agent."

"See now you're getting it. If you were smart you would have mentioned Nightmare Moon or Discord, every pony knows that Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack and Sonic Spark represent the 6 Elements of Harmony. They would have mentioned me."

"You're not the sixth Element of Harmony, you cannot be the Element of Loyalty, you're betraying 5 of the strongest and nicest ponies in this land. And now laying next to me is the dead body of the nicest most innocent pony, because of you and because of Alphion. I'm not so sure Alphion is going to spare you when he envelops Equestria in a nightmare."

"We did not kill Blitz... you did"
.
Rainbow Dash charged at Sonic Spark, but she faded away, just like Alphion's illusions. The cyan Pegasus began to cry, sobbing over Blitz's body, She would never forgive herself for what she had done.

"She was innocent, just a regular nice pony.... look what I've done.... Alphion tricked me... he got Sonic Spark to hide so that there was no chance of me finding her.."

Now she was doomed to wander Alphion's nightmare forever.

9 days later

*************************************************************************************************
I have been wandering Equestria.. returning to Ponyville would be useless, Sonic Spark told everyone what I did to Blitz. I'm a wanted criminal. This is my last day in Equestria before I go back to Alphion's nightmare. I have failed my friends, I have failed myself, I have failed Equestria.

*************************************************************************************************

Just then a black shadow rose up from the ground, and dragged Rainbow Dash down, back into Alphion's nightmare.

"Welcome back.... Rainbow Dash."