• Published 26th Mar 2012
  • 5,968 Views, 37 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Nightmare - There Is Nothing Here



Rainbow Dash and all of Equestria is enveloped with an unending nightmare.

  • ...
1
 37
 5,968

The Frozen Dark

How long has it been...... Maybe 7,8 days? I've been wandering this land, there is no edge, and the scenery remains the same. The same dark black sky, the same frozen icy ground. I no longer feel hunger, the bastard who sent me here took that away from me so I would live longer. I have no idea what I could have done that left me to this fate. I fear sleeping when I'm tired, I fear being found by one of the illusions of my friends. He said they were sent to torture me. Who he is? I have no idea, but I'm determined to find out. I just have no idea where to start, I was brought to him by a black shadow and sent back here for eternity. This eternal frozen nightmare, where I cannot die from anything other than age. If I don't do something, I'll be stuck here forever. There has to be something I can do...... There just has too....


Rainbow Dash slowly walked across the frozen wasteland. For about a week she had been stuck in this nightmare. She barely slept, all she could do was keep moving.

"...........It feels.. like there's no end. I'll just keep walking like this forever. Why.....what did I do...." Rainbow collapsed, exhausted from walking.


"Wake up Rainbow Dash!"

"......What....." It was Twilight, she was standing over Rainbow Dash who had fallen asleep under a tree.

"What.... it was all just.. a dream?" the Pegasus stuttered

"I don't know, but you were tossing and turning like crazy, like.... you were being tortured. Is something the matter?"

Something was wrong, what Rainbow had experienced was no mere nightmare, it was real... this... THIS was just a dream.
Rainbow awoke... still in the same spot she collapsed in. She looked up into the eyes, or bare eye sockets of Twilight's Illusion.

"Ahhh!!" Dash said as she instantly stood up.

"I got her, don't worry darling we aren't going to hurt you,"

That petrified Pegasus turned around and saw Rarity's illusion as well.

Rarity grabbed Rainbow Dash and held her against the icy floor.

"Good job Rarity" Twilight's illusion laughed manically

Twilight attempted to do what Fluttershy had done to her when she first entered the nightmare. She picked up and small sharp piece of ice towards Rainbow's eye. The cyan Pegasus knew she wouldn't die from this, but she didn't want to give in, she was going to fight until she went down for good. She rolled to the left with extreme force attempting to use her wings as a propeller. Rarity tumbled off Rainbow Dash.

"Oh Dashie.... you always were a stubborn one.... But you can't escape us. We'll follow you forever and ever." Twilight said softly.

Rainbow began hovering in the air ready to take off... when she got an idea. Since these illusions had the same personality as speaking patterns as her real friends, would Pinkie Pie be as thick headed? Would she be able to somehow fool Pinkie Pie into telling her how to get back to that dark lord guy? It seemed like a good plan, but first she had to ditch these two.

"Follow me forever if you want, but you can never catch Rainbow Dash" She winked at the two illusions and flew off.

She now had hope, well getting to the dark lord was only the first step. What was she going to do when and if she found him? So many questions ran through her mind. Also, how was she supposed to get Pinkie Pie to tell her anything? Maybe she could have gave her a cupcakes or threw her a party but that wouldn't work down here. There was nothing. As the Pegasus landed and began to walk once more she thought of what she could possibly do. Then it hit her..

"Pinkie Pie... loves anything colorful and pretty. If I can pull off a Sonic Rainboom down, that may convince her to help me. She may be a delusional murderous freak, but she's still Pinkie Pie. With all the darkness down here she definitely doesn't see any colors."

It was the only plan Rainbow thought of, and it was the one that she had to go for. However she ran into one last problem. How was she going to find Pinkie Pie, and if she did what if she wasn't alone.

"Uggh... nothing works out for me. Well I'll just have to think of something...again" the cyan Pegasus said.

Just as she said that she saw another figure in the distance. It was too small to be one of her friends... It looked like.. no... it couldn't be. It was Sweetie Belle.

"What.. this is impossible, did that dark lord make more illusions to chase me?"

Rainbow walked slowly towards Sweetie Belle, it wasn't an illusion it was actually Sweetie Belle!

"RAINBOW DASH!"

Sweetie Belle jumped on Rainbow Dash, she was acting more clingy than Scootaloo.

"How did you get here?"

"I... I.. I don't know... I.. I went to sleep and woke up here. Just like when I fell asleep that one night and that scary dark lord guy kept me here. He kept asking me things but I wouldn't tell him anything, after awhile he dropped me in the Everfree Forest and left me there"

This wasn't right.... Sweetie Belle had no memory of what happened to her. The dark lord erased her memory, this Sweetie Belle, was nothing more than... an illusion! Rainbow Dash raised her hoof and smacked the filly as hard as she could. She was right, a spell faded and she was staring into the face of Applejack's illusion.

"Awww sugarcube, that was down right mean o' ya. I was juss' playin witcha... no need to be a scared."

Applejack's illusion walked closer to Rainbow....

"Now come on Dashie... no need to walk away from me... it may be the last thing you ever do.."

Applejack's voice got deeper.... and louder. Dash couldn't take it anymore, she had seen the illusions of her friends... horrifying nightmare inducing monsters. Rainbow Dash was too tired to fly. She slowly tried to run away from Applejack.
It was useless, these illusions were a lot faster and stronger than her.

"It's ok girls, ya'll can come out now."

The rest of the illusions rose up from the ground. They all stared at Rainbow Dash for a while, then it was Fluttershy who broke the silence.

"Rainbow Dash... why did you run from us.. we just want to be your friends.. we want you to be like us.."

Fluttershy pointed at Rainbows eyes. Rainbow was barely holding back tears. The illusions had her, she was going to be tortured for eternity, she was too weak to run away. Fluttershy this time didn't reach for one of the shards of ice on the floor.
She lifted her hoof and reached to a small bag that had been sitting on her back. She pulled a sharp bladed knife out of the bag. She slowly walked towards Rainbow Dash.

"See Rainbow Dash.... don't resist, it'll all be over soon, oh wait... no it won't"

Fluttershy let out a menacing laugh and the other illusions followed. She pointed the knife towards the petrified Pegasus's eyes when Rainbow felt Applejacks grip shift. Right when she did that, the cyan Pegasus kicked Fluttershy back, and knocked the knife out of her hoof, it went straight up and fell down and jammed straight into Fluttershy's head. Fluttershy howled....the blood slowly oozing out of her head. She stood up...

"Rainbow Dash... Rainbow Dash... Rainbow Dash.... this isn't over....."

Fluttershy and the rest of the illusions faded into the ground.

Dash landed, hoping that she had some time to rest..and began to nap.

"Hey.. Rainbow Dash wake up!"

The cyan Pegasus instantly jumped up... and standing before her was Pinkie Pie's illusion.

"You know that was a really mean thing you did to Fluttershy."

Rainbow decided to play along, Pinkie's illusion obviously wasn't much different than the real one.

"Yea I know... but she was trying to hurt me... you wouldn't want me to get hurt would you?"

"No of course not, you're my bestest friend!"

"Yea, hey Pinkie... I'm having a small problem.. do you think you could help me?"

"Sure no problem Dashie... what is it?"

"Well do you remember that scary dark lord that brought me here?"

"Oh yea him... he's not scary.... You should give him a chance he's really nice!"

"WelI I would like to but I don't know how to get to him. If you show me how I'll show you something super awesome fantastically cool!"

"Oooooo deal deal!"

Pinkie's illusion hopped up and down. The cyan Pegasus flew up as high as she could, and used all her energy into trying to form a Sonic Rainboom. As she sped up her muscles strained, her body was basically screaming at her to stop. But if she didn't do this she would never get a chance to leave this nightmare. Finally, Rainbow Dash doubled in speed and a huge rainbow shot out from her path. Pinkie's illusion ooed and awwed at the sight.

"Okie dokie, a deals a deal!"

Pinkie grabbed Rainbow Dash and they both faded into the ground.

"Well, well, well.. If it isn't Rainbow Dash," the dark lord said.

"Yea it's me... I beat your stupid little illusions and fooled one into taking me here, now you're going to tell me what I want to know!"

"Fine... what exactly do you want to know?"

"First... who the hell are you and why are you doing this?"

"My name.... well you can call me Alphion, the Nightmare Inducer. Now why am I doing this. Well I guess I should answer another question you probably have first."

"Okay.. fine with me!"

"It's why I brought YOU here to be tortured in this nightmare. Out of all of your friends, you were the strongest, the bravest, the most stubborn. Remember the Discord incident? Twilight got all of her friends to come to her senses easy, you however did not come so quietly. You were also the closest to figuring what had been going on when I first enveloped Equestria in this nightmare. When Fluttershy couldn't sleep that one night, you knew it meant something.. but you chose to ignore it. When the black clouds formed over Equestria, you attempted to clear them, and when they reformed you tried to find out why, which is why Twilight was the first to go. You were and always have been the strongest, that is why I wanted you gone. Sweetie Belle's disappearance, that was a test, I wanted to see how Ponyville would act in the event of a disappearing pony, it was only serious until she was found."

"Your sick. You did all this to me because I'm strong, so tell me WHY exactly are you doing this?"

"Well there is only one way to defeat me, the same way Discord and Nightmare Moon were defeated, all six elements of harmony combined. But without you Rainbow Dash, I cannot be defeated or even reached by the other 5 ponies. So I decided to trap you here, and then the Elements of Harmony would be useless against me. I could do whatever I pleased with Equestria, so I fooled you to remain in this nightmare, which would leave Equestria vulnerable,"

"You forgot one thing, if you erased my existence from Equestria, Nightmare Moon and Discord were never defeated... Equestria would belong to them!"

"That is where you are wrong, I created a new pony that would be your replacement in Equestria, she serves me and only me, so if somehow the Elements of Harmony were going to be used to destroy me, the pony I conjured would cross to my side, leaving Pinkie, Rarity, Twilight, Applejack and Fluttershy defenseless."

Rainbow Dash was speechless.... Alphion had thought of everything, he was unstoppable.

"However... Since you went through all this trouble to find me, I will give you one last chance to save Equestria. I will return you to Equestria, if you can convince your friends that my agent is working against them and that you actually do exist, I shall allow Equestria to continue it's existence. But if not, you return to this nightmare, this time, you are unable to die period. No old age death, you absolutely cannot die, and you will be hunted by the illusions of your friends. And Pinkie Pie will be fixed so that you never pull a stunt like this again."

"......"

Rainbow Dash was at a loss for words, Alphion had to be pulling something, he wasn't just going to let Rainbow Dash wander freely in Equestria.

"Make your choice...."

"I'll go"

"Very well"

I ascended into the dark sky above me... not knowing if I would succeed or not, but I knew I had to do this, for my friends, and for Equestria.