• Published 8th Mar 2014
  • 42,811 Views, 1,823 Comments

The Child In Me - Zamairiac



A young man wakes up in Equestria as a very adorable Alicorn colt, gets forcibly adopted by Luna, and tries to find his way home.

  • ...
147
 1,823
 42,811

Faust, It's Cold!

Fuck…welp; I guess I had to make at least ONE chapter somewhat serious. Even if it is just a tiny, sad filler chapter.

Try not to feel too bad…actually on second thought, go right ahead! It'll mean I've done my job right XD

Begin!

Faust, It's Cold!

I was feeling…most peculiar, it's actually rather difficult to explain. My chest felt tight, my eyes were stinging, and all I could hear was…

NO! Tis not right! Give us back our baby!

Tears began to creep into the corners of my eyes…

Arcturus, please don't leave us! Mommy loves thee, Mommy loves thee so much!

Shaking my head, I blinked away the tears and glanced up at Cadance thoughtfully. The pink alicorn was sleeping, and had been for the past few hours. Not that I blamed her, it had taken considerable effort to wrest me from Luna's weird energy. In fact it'd taken Celestia using her own energy to stop her, namely by somehow forcing her to sleep.

But even then she fought against whatever energy it was. Cadance called it magic, which I promptly scoffed at. It's energy, some sort I know not, but energy it is.

Yet still…Luna's tearful pleading as she fell into unconsciousness was fucking haunting.

Heh, oh yeah, I almost forgot about that.

A little after the train left Canterlot I somehow regained my ability to swear. The child in me had quietened down considerably as well; something that I cannot deny is a relief.

Hmm, maybe I should give a quick retelling of what happened.

To be brief and blunt, Celestia happened. I was in the middle of trying to decide something bizarrely difficult when Sunny Butt came outta nowhere and told Cadance to take me…to take me until Luna had learned her lesson, whatever that meant.

Unfortunately for her, Luna disagreed with Celestia's idea…a lot. Even when Cadance, Celestia and I were walking to the train station, Luna still refused to accept it. She pleaded with Celestia, with Cadance…with me, oh so badly with me.

Arcturus, thou dost not want to leave Mommy, right?

I hadn't answered…

O-Oh, we know! How a-about we go back to Mommy's chambers and sleep together? Doesn't that s-sound wonderful? Thee beneath our wing, against our tummy all snuggly and warm, yes?!

I actually looked at her when she said, nay, pleaded this. I couldn't help it…but when I looked, when I saw just how desperate she was, I felt something within me break like glass.

But then it got worse…

For although she hadn't actually tried to take me back beforehand, the moment Cadance and I took a step towards the train…well, she tried…

Luna's energy was so immense, so desperate that it somehow managed to break through Cadance's 'Anti-Magic foal pouch', take me out of it and into her hooves.

Where I was then promptly held in a teary, impossibly tight embrace…which was soon loosened by Cadance's frustrated energy. It pulled me out of Luna's grip, only to be halted by Luna's energy.

Don't let her take my baby, sister!

Luna, please don't make this any worse than it has to be.

Sister, please!

Luna!

I'M BEGGING YOU!

LUNA! You're hurting him!

The sheer fact that Luna spoke like that nearly made me cry out in agreement. If it weren't for Celestia's timely intervention, I may have done just that.

Though I would have probably been torn in half first…

Like I mentioned, Celestia put Luna to sleep…in an eerily similar way to how Luna did so to me. Namely by kissing my temple and whispering something, though what Celestia said I have no idea.

The only words I could hear were…well…

No…min baby boy…please…don't leave Mommy...we need…love…thee…

Celestia apologized to both Cadance and me, before quickly sweeping Luna away from the gawking ponies and vanishing into thin air. After that, all that was left to do was get on the train down to a place called' The Crystal Empire'.

Sighing as I broke from my train of thought, I nuzzled deeper into Cadance's barrel and closed my eyes…ignoring the pitifully weak voice within as it began to cry for someone else.

Well, I might as well try to catch a few Z's. I still feel pretty damn ill to be honest…

"Wake up Oliver, we're here."

The sound of a remarkably sweet voice brought me back into the waking world. Thus, I opened my eyes and looked around blearily, vaguely aware that we were no longer inside the train…but rather that we were surrounded on all sides by numerous stormtropper wannabies.

Only they were sparkling…a lot.

Oh and so was I.

I swear to Faust, if I have fangs…

Thankfully my mouth remained quite pony like, so the only thing I had to worry about was a rapidly growing headache.

Suddenly, a sparkly alabaster stallion came forward, smiling widely as he looked at Cadance. His hair was a little strange, blue with…more weird shit in it.

I'm soooo going to enjoy swearing again…hmm, maybe I can even have a few laughs with it.

I doubt anypony here expects a child to suddenly start cussing like a drunken sailor after all…

"Hey honey," the stallion greeted warmly. "How was the trip?"

"Oh it was perfect Shining," Cadance said excitedly, kissing him somewhat deeply before she did so. "I've managed to secure the Empire a stock treaty with Minous…and as you can see, I've picked up a precious little package as well."

Thou art so precious to us, min son…

"Indeed you have love," Shining chuckled, leaning down slightly so as to face me. "And what's your name then kid?"

I was about to open my muzzle and tell him…but then the most peculiar thing happened. I felt something deep within stop me from talking, leaving me merely staring at the large stallion awkwardly.

I couldn't explain it, but somehow…for some reason, I disliked this Shining Armor. Looking up at Cadance, I suddenly realized that I didn't particularly like her either.

This was quite weird to be honest, because I'm fairly certain that by taking me from Luna, she'd also stopped whatever mind fuckery the crazy nutjob had been trying to pull.

The hay is this? Just tell him your name!

"Are you okay Oliver?" Cadance asked, nuzzling my forehead slightly, as well as brushing my damp hair away with her tongue.

I…remembered a tongue, cold, yet comfortably so. I remembered the soothing feeling that accompanied it, the instinctive realization of that I was safe, I was okay…because Luna would…

Oh…min baby. Sleep now, rest thy head against us and dream naught but happiness…

Giving myself a mental slap, I subtly shook away the various sensations and focused on Shining…who just so happened to be uncomfortably close to my face.

Somewhere, deep within like before, I felt someone…growling at his invasion of my personal space.

"I'm sure he just needs a stallionly hug, honey," he assured her, pulling me out of the pouch and holding me close. "See it's already worki-OH DEAR FAUST WHY!

Being in just the right position, I struck my right hind leg out and promptly kicked him in the jewels, causing him to begin squealing in pain. This caused Shining to instantly drop me to the ground and cry agonizing tears, which in turn caused Cadance and his effeminate guard to swarm him, giving me ample opportunity to get the fuck away from them.

Which, given the apparent incompetence of EVERY pony guard, proved to be a pretty damn easy thing to do.

Thing is, if I'd actually bothered to stay and look behind me, namely at the still open train entrance…well…

I would have seen the victorious smile on a very happy unicorn.

Author's Note:

Well, Cadance sorta won by a fucking landslide.

In any case, expect the next chappy soon.

Cya, stay snuggly!