• Published 8th Mar 2014
  • 42,849 Views, 1,823 Comments

The Child In Me - Zamairiac



A young man wakes up in Equestria as a very adorable Alicorn colt, gets forcibly adopted by Luna, and tries to find his way home.

  • ...
147
 1,823
 42,849

Yup, Time To Leave

Yup, Time To Leave

My mind was adrift amongst a sea of darkness. Yet the darkness…was comforting, I could even feel the warmth emanating from it.

And then there was…a voice, a soft, loving voice. It called to me…neigh, she called to me. She was everywhere, around me, within me, echoing deep inside my soul.

We love thee Arcturus…

Arcturus?

Who was that?

Was that…me?

No, no that’s not my name. My name is Oliver, I’m twenty two years old, I’m human…not…not whatever I was before.

Was it all just a dream before? Did I imagine myself a little pony, a child even?

Did I imagine the tall, imposing alabaster figure?

Did I imagine the eccentric lavender...mare?

Did I…Did I imagine the dark Princess who pretty much claimed me as her own…on the spot?

I must have…

Of course not child…

Oh no.

Thou art ours now…thou art min baby boy, and we love thee…

She…loves me?

Yes, we do love thee deeply…

But you’ve only known me for all of about fifteen minutes, that’s a little quick to…umm, love me, isn’t it?

A soft, melodious laughter surrounded me, just as an even gentler force picked me up and began to…cradle me?

I was being rocked like a baby!

Time means nothing to us. Many a pony have we seen claimed by times hooves, but thee…thee is like us. Thou shalt not age beyond thine mid twenty’s…and we wish to love thee for that, for thou shalt not fade with time, but like us, remain for all eternity.

A sudden set of loving turquoise orbs materialized out of nowhere in front of me, gazing down with such tenderness, such kindness that I was rendered speechless by the sheer unfamiliarity of it all.

That is why we fell in love so swiftly, Arcturus. This is why we have claimed thee as our colt, our child…our baby boy. This…This is why thou should call us mother, for we shalt never treat thee with anything but a mother’s love, a mother’s touch…forever.

I have no idea what to say to that…except that you’re absolutely NUTS!

Yet again, the soft, musical laughter filled the air around me. And, yet again, I found myself being rocked…before suddenly being pressed against a plush surface.

Fur?

It matters little how you see min love for thee, for we shall swear here and now to thee…

The set of eyes quickly found their way in front of me, boring into my own with a fierce determination.

That no matter how long it may take, thou shall be whittled down by min nuzzles and kisses, by min love and maternal touch. Thus in the end…thou will love us willingly, and call us mother til the end of days.

My eyes fluttered open groggily, causing me to wince slightly as the first thing I saw was a…really shiny mirror in front of…us?

Lifting my head up, I gazed down at a still sleeping Luna in a sort of stupor. She was holding me tightly with her forelegs and wings, and her ears were down, yet flicking every so often. Also, as I painfully managed to twist my head and look behind me, I noticed that her left hind leg was also kicking softly against the bed, as though she was running.

That…is almost cute, if it weren't from the crazy mare in front me. Lu-mom evidently has some issues and-

,,,

Wait, what?

I had not just thought that I think I'd thought.

Lu-mom…Luuuuun-ommm…L-mom…

Nope, no bucking way. I'm outta here!

Wiggling furiously yet subtly so as not to wake her, I gradually began to shimmy my way out of L-mom's very tight grip. Unfortunately for me, her grip became all the tighter as she rolled onto her other side, taking my very frustrated self along for the ride.

This might take a while…

Okay for bucks sake, just let me o-o-o-outtt!

I didn't want to wake her by forcing my way out, because it would defeat the entire purpose of having done so in the first place. But I'd been pointlessly wiggling for the past couple of hours and nothing had come from it, least of all my freedom from the overly clingy mare.

What was worse now was that with my already limited time having been stolen by L-mom's impossibly tight grip, I'd simply have to make a break for it without any provisions.

I'll just have to hope that I find something later.

Never the less, it was obvious that subtle force wouldn't get me anywhere no matter how long I tried. So it stands to reason that I'd simply have to force my way out of her grip.

If this wakes her up, I swear to Faust that I'll-

Faust?

Buck it, I don't even care anymore.

Kicking out against my entrapment with my hooves, I used all of my strength to force the evil things away from me…

This in turn caused me to drop onto the bed, bounce off of it and onto the floor, before finally rolling into the wall beneath some tightly shut curtains.

All in all, it kinda hurt a little. Yet as I looked back at Lu-mom, she was still completely out of it. Though to my dismay her recently occupied hooves were unconsciously reaching out for what was not there…and her lips may or may not have begun to tremble uncontrollably.

Oh and there may have been a tear or two creeping past her shut eyelids.

Don't falter now; you'll never get to leave if you fail every time she whimpers.

It was harsh, but I had to get out there. She'd declared me her son, forced a new name upon me and had, not a few hours ago, announced that I'd end up loving her as my mom whether I liked it or not.

The mare was completely insane for Faust's sake!

I shook my head slightly and looked up at the curtains, smiling widely when I saw the barely open window behind them.

FREEDOM!

Grinning wildly, I reached for the windowsill and pulled myself up, though I imagine I looked a bit of a numpty as my tiny hooves scrambled against the wall. In any case it was rather simple to get myself down onto the ground below. I still had no idea how to fly or…do whatever they did with their horns, but escaping from school was something I had to learn quickly.

And apparently the teachers have a really hard time trying to find you when you're on the roof.

Okay so maybe I had no idea where I was…and maybe I still had to find my way past the guards. Guards that looked highly trained, guards that seemed to give off a very dangerous aura, guards that-

Those guards couldn't protect anypony from a cardboard box! And the ones I saw throwing spears at targets, peh! A bucking Stormtropper has greater accuracy!

So yeah…I'd just made it out of the palace and into a rather large city.

One I could easily get myself lost in…

Okay then, let's try and find a way out of the city now. The further I'm away from Mare Mc Crazy, the better.

Yep, best plan so far. Nothing could possibly go wrong with it!

Back In Canterlot Palace…

A certain dark coated mare opened her eyes and smacked her lips lightly, yawning as she did so.

"Mwah! Oh dear, good morning to thee Arcturus. We hope thee had a pleasant sleep beside u-"

Just before she could finish that particular sentence, something deep within triggered her bucking creepy maternal instincts, causing her to look down at the small yet infinitely precious bundle in her grasp.

Only to find nothing there.

"Arcturus…?"

The dark blue mother quickly hopped off of her bed and began to look around.

She looked under the bed, no Arcturus.

She looked in the closet, no Arcturus.

She looked in her private draws, thought about the consequences if her son were to stumble across its large and varying amount of contents, before nodding once and quickly launching them to the moon for safekeeping.

Also, no Arcturus.

Her search continued for a further few minutes, and her entire room practically turned upside down by the end of it.

Then she began to get upset.

It started off as a light whimper, which then became a slightly louder cry, which then became an even louder series of hiccups and whinnying.

Which then became a heart wrenching wail of utter despair.

"SISTER!"

Author's Note:

I'm going to abuse those Spongebob signs like hell!

Expect more (hopefully) later today, that is all!

Sorry about the wait though, I've been busy lately XD