• Published 8th Mar 2014
  • 42,840 Views, 1,823 Comments

The Child In Me - Zamairiac



A young man wakes up in Equestria as a very adorable Alicorn colt, gets forcibly adopted by Luna, and tries to find his way home.

  • ...
147
 1,823
 42,840

The Cream Of Ice

Not too certain what made me want to pick this dead fic up again, but whatever. Guess I've missed writing lighter stories, or sort of anyway. This story is random and apparently amusing to most, so I figured I could squeeze out something for it while I have some free time.

BTW – Lack of free time = No updates for Mated For Life, sorry. I will try to update it soon, but work leaves me bloody exhausted.

Anyway, here's to some lovely Mommy Luna, enjoy.

Begin!

The Cream Of Ice

It was bright outside.

Mom was all but skipping as we made our way to the park, the promise of ice cream being far too tempting for my childlike instincts to complain about. That didn't mean I liked being carried around in that damned foal pouch, no matter how comfy Mom made it.

And buck is it Faust damned comfy…

It was like I was being carried in the silkiest silk ever invented, the fact that I was also being nuzzled every few seconds might have maybe, perhaps, kind of, sort of added to that.

Possibly.

"My son, we are almost at the park now," she said softly, smiling warmly down at me. "Dost thou know what thou wish to purchase?"

"Um, well if they have hazelnut that'll be ni-"

"Strawberry and cream it is then!" she exclaimed, nuzzling me and laughing happily. "Just like thy mother, oh how alike we are. It makes mommy very happy Art-Oliver, very happy indeed!"

Could have been worse, she could have picked lemon and pickles…can't believe that's an actual flavour here.

We arrived at the park not a few moments later, to a line so long that it seemed to lead out of the park and into the city itself. And although I understood the value of being patient for trivial things like this, that annoying foal-like part of myself didn't, and forced out a sigh of complete and utter sadness at seeing the queue.

Right on cue, mom picked up on my unhappiness in a Faust damned heartbeat, instantly picking me up out of the foal pouch and holding me face to face with her forelegs.

"Oh dear, thou art unhappy mine son," she crooned, ears down and eyes shining with some emotion I didn't dare try to comprehend. "Tis the line yes? Well no matter, we are Princess of Equestria and our son shall not be denied his cream of ice!"

"Mom, no it's fine!" I replied quickly, shaking my forelegs for added emphasis. "These ponies have waited a long time for this, we should do the same. To push in front would be rude."

At my words her eyes seemed to shine even more, unshed tears of happiness clinging to the edges as her lips trembled slightly. "Thou art so noble and kind, a proper Prince! Thou shall wield thy title with love and dignity one day…but today, today you have made mommy very proud of thee!"

She pulled me close and hugged me tightly, my vision starting to go red as oxygen was forcibly ejected from my lungs. But unlike the many times previous, she relaxed her grip and only continued to snuggle me, kissing the bridge of my muzzle with a form of affection I was still unfamiliar with.

"But tis no trouble to push ahead today Oliver," she whispered lovingly, placing me back in the foal pouch and, as she said, skipping ahead of the queue right to the ice cream…wagon? No one seemed to mind that she did so, the majority were too busy bowing and gasping in awe at mom to consider complaining.

The stallion at the wagon seemed to be a friendly sort. He had a bit of a belly but had a large smile that the child in me seemed to find quite pleasing.

"Ah, good morning Princess Luna," he bellowed happily, grinning widely and bowing for a brief moment. His accent was…strange, I couldn't place it exactly, it sounding vaguely Italian though. "And good morning little Prince, how can this one help you today?"

"Good morrow to thee too!" Mom shouted right back, the force of her voice actually pushing the stallion away somewhat, though at the lowering of my ears she quietened down considerably. "We would like to purchase two creams of ice. The flavour strawberry and cream for both, if thou would."

The ice cream salesman smiled at the order and went straight to work, his horn alight for but a few bright seconds before two ice creams floated before us.

"That'll be eight bits Princess!"

"We thank thee," Mom said, smiling as she took the two ice creams and floated over the money. "Thy service is most excellent; we shall inform our sister of thee when we return to the palace."

"You humble this poor stallion," he said, his already bright red face steadily getting redder at mom's praise. Mom giggled at his reaction as she walked away, waving at the merry salesman.

"He was nice, wasn't he," I mumbled, which of course mom picked up easily.

"That he was, my son," she agreed, smiling.

Mom walked up a small hill before stopping and taking out a large blanket from her knapsack, laying it out on the ground. She smiled and laid down upon it, taking me out of the foal pouch and placing my ice cream in front of me, floating in the air.

Instinctively, I went right in, nibbling at the delectable dessert swiftly and eagerly. But as all children who eat ice cream come to know, eating too fast can give you quite the bucking headache.

"Thou should have eaten it slower Oliver," Mom scolded lightly, her expression stern for a mere moment before a patient, loving smile appeared on her face. "Come to mommy, we shall warm thy frozen brain."

"It's called b-brainf-freeze m-mom," I stammered, clutching at my poor head in agony as the pain tore through it. Mom wasn't even listening, her attention completely on me and me alone as she threw her own ice cream into some sort of black void and pulled me closer with her large wings.

The moment I was against her plush fur and warm body, I immediately found myself fighting back a yawn as sleep evidently tried to make itself known. But as usual…

"Art thou sleepy Oliver," she whispered soothingly, pulling me against her even more and kissing my head softly. "Thou can sleep. Mommy will keep thee safe and warm…"

I felt her embrace begin to soothe my childlike mentality into a slumber, my real personality following suit as a consequence.

Oh this isn't fair; I don't want to go to sleep. I didn't even get to finish my ice cream!

And like someone, somewhere was actually listening to me for once…

"AUNTYYYYYY!"

The nasally voice, the overly noble accent, the overwhelming arrogance. I'd heard this voice before…many times. It snapped me right out of my almost-slumber with a start, causing me to stare into the narrowed eyes of one Prince Blueblood the something or other.

I could actually feel one of mom's eyes twitch, the force of it rippling through her body as she stared at her nephew and glared angrily.

"Thou hast awoken mine son from his slumber, Nephew!" she snapped irritably. "What dost thou want?!"

The apparently suicidal Prince ignored mom's words and moved closer, walking on the blanket without some much as a thought to ask first.

See, that mom could and likely would have actually let go. But then the bucking idiot actually went the extra mile and made it worse, much worse.

How?

Well, my unfinished ice cream was floating in the air, still very much edible. But before I could squeak up a request for mom to let me slowly finish it…Blueblood, instead of sidestepping it, slapped it away…because it was in his way.

It left mom's magical grip due to surprise I think, and landed on the grass where the unfinished ball rolled out with a light splat and became one with the earth.

I sniffed once…twice…three times. Despite my resistance, my refusal to let such a small thing bother me, a single tear trailed down my cheek.

And then I let out a pathetic little whimper.

...

And then the powerful scent of a ticked off mom filled up the air.

That and the way her eyes became draconic slits.

"Blueblood…thou art…thou art…IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!"

Comments ( 96 )

Woooo! Its Lives!

Well, this was certainly a pleasant surprise.

it's good to see an other chapter after so long a wait. I hope to see more soon.

NOT EVEN THE ICE-CREAM IS SAFE! Blueblood's cruelty truly knows no bounds.
pinkie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/rsz/mlfw2771_medium.jpg

"Mine son, we are almost at the park now," she said softly, smiling warmly down at me. "Dost thou know what thee wish to get?"

What you wrote is equivalent to these two mistakes:
"An hand"
"Does he know what him wishes to get?"

It's "My son" because "son" doesn't start with a vowel.
It's "thou" both times because, in both cases, it's the subject of the clause, not the object.

Here's a guide I wrote about it:
https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/309807/early-modern-english-for-authors-aka-lunaspeak

"That he was mine son,"

Aside from the "mine son" mistake again, you also need to put a comma after "That he was". As written, your fragment is more suited to this construct:

"I thought that he was..."
"That he was what?"
"...that he was my son."

"What is it that thou wants?!"

"want" conjugates a bit oddly when you're applying the -st or -est ending to match "thou". It's "thou wanst".

IT'S BACK, BABY!

this is really amazing

I am so glad this updated, one of my favorites

Now to wait another year for the next chapter

I've waited for 45 years!!!!!!!!


Now when I first started reading the story I found it very interesting and I was hoping to read more of it. But you have taken so long in writing the next chapter to it that I barely remember the story. I have become very reluctant to read any of your stories because you have such a bad habit of not finishing them. I do enjoy the premise that you put in a lot of your stories but your habit of not producing a satisfactory end, to the story, makes me reluctant to read your stories. Like in the story never judge a bug by her cover Chrysalis Royal break up Chronicles. I enjoyed that story but I was very dissatisfied how you ended the story. I can now see that you have a sequel to it, Mated For Life but you took so long in making that sequel that I'm not even interested in the store anymore. I did enjoy the Alicorn instinct. You had an ending for that one. I also enjoyed, nothing is set in stone. You have had a lot of good stories but they are very short. Maybe that's why you finish them. So the question is are you planning to finish the child in me?

Dragonfox

7346710 I pray old age does not claim me first...

Fimfiction has become old enough that I believe the term "Necromancy" can be applied to it's many undead stories now. Most notably, the good ones. It's a great chapter, even if I found myself forgetting and confusing the majority of the plot through the passing of time despite it being pretty short of a story as whole. That's attributed to me reading other...similar fanfiction.

Of which you can literally find in the "similar stories" bar. That's honestly the most accurate it has been.

Regardless, I've enjoyed this one chapter. The lure of magical necromancy is that it helps revive your love ones, even when dead. So, may as well cherish these unquenchingly short chapters, as we'll never know if they'll finally and truly stay "dead", one soul-crushing "spell" after another.

Glad to see this story again after so long. I hope this is a start of semi-consistent updates and not a one time thing.

Also, Blueblood, all I have to say is:

derpicdn.net/img/2014/12/27/793542/full.jpg

Was just thinking about this.

I SSSSSOOOOO needed a story like this to update. had a horrible day in addition to a horrible week.

THANK YOU!:twilightsmile:

This story is random and apparently amusing to most, so I figured I could squeeze out something for it while I have some free time.

Yeah, apparently seventeen thousand people like this story. Pretty weird, riiiiiiiight? S'not like no one has been hoping for an update. Nope. . . .

Huh, random you say? I though you had a plan for this story. Guess not.

That and the way her eyes became draconic slits.
"Blueblood…thou art…thou art…IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!"

7347615 whitest kids you know love it.

HOLY SHIT!!!:derpyderp1: This story is back! I looked at the last time this story was updated and that was a year and a half ago. Lets see if we can keep this story going a bit longer before it goes back into hibernation again.

IT'S ALIVE???..... Thats great to hear can't wait for more.

I had to re-read the story it's been so long since it was updated

Hopefully we'll see more in near future

Luna: Don't... FUCK... with my ice cream...

I was SO hoping for this chapter.

it lives!!!!!!!!!!! and blueblood dies most likely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pinkiecrazy:

Huh. I almost forgot this existed. Thanks for the reminder! It is amusing indeed.
So, cream of ice and frozen brains! Yay!

And Blueblood is in a lot of trouble indeed. Good luck explaining why did Luna turn to Nightmare because of him :rainbowlaugh:

Hope this will keep getting updated

Oh! I just found this fic today due to its update!
It is sooo good!
You simply must continue it! :raritydespair:



Please, and thank you. :fluttershysad:

Wait, so she's calling him by his real name now? When did that happen? I was under the impression that none of them were actually paying attention, or even caring to be honest, about what he wanted/how he felt; just using him to act as a surrogate child.

keep it coming, and how about a time skip it could breath new life in the fic for you.

Blueblood. Stand still because there is no way you can run fast enough. Just let your death come. Do not make it last any longer than it has to for your own sake....Okay...maybe run a little for our own enjoyment.

It looks like Blueblood made a booboo. I almost feel sorry for what most certainly will happen to him...almost.

Comment posted by Roman deleted Jul 4th, 2016

Luna would probably smite Blueblood or at least kick his ass, Oliver/Arcturius would do the human thing and be evil... make Blueblood buy him a new ice cream. Only to drop it on purpose so Bluey has to buy another new one. Being a little kid does have it's advantages, especially with mama bear looming over your head.

p.s. When did Luna start using his real name? Might want to fix that typo.

7348053 You require a blood sacrifice for a resurrection ritual.

7385063 or you use magic so I don't have to explain anything! because its magic!!!!! :pinkiecrazy:

Aaaaah Blueblood, the classic kind of character you just love to hate.
Good to see you are still updating this fic, looking foward to the next chapter,

Blueblood done fucked up. Needs more chapters such a good story

Need more chapters!

Add all of this on top of the other personalities that keep trying to take control of his body

I'm often not sure how I'm supposed to think about it. It is meant like his own mind is just going back to feel like a child and it is only weird because he is more or less aging backwards in his mind.

or

Is this actually like a different personality forcing itself upon him, which I wouldn't like, it happens to often anyway.

sadly this feels pretty short, but then again I'm pretty sure that I'm also reading pretty fast right now.

Good story, but like someone else already said, some parts could be seen as something much more dark. (I'm really tired, so that could be part of the reason why I think like that in some of the comments I made on this story.

Happy to see ya don't forget this story

She pulled me close and hugged me tightly, my vision starting to go red as oxygen was forcibly ejected from my lungs.

Whenever this happens, I like to act out the choking sound effects... god I'm weird.

BlueBlood...
YA DUN FUCKED UP!!!

I really hate to do this, but you've left me with no choice.

By the power invest in me, myself and I (since this story hasn't updated for over six months) I declare this story to be dead.

May it forever rest in peace.

(P.S. Welcome to the Graveyard.)

Login or register to comment