• Published 8th Mar 2014
  • 42,805 Views, 1,823 Comments

The Child In Me - Zamairiac



A young man wakes up in Equestria as a very adorable Alicorn colt, gets forcibly adopted by Luna, and tries to find his way home.

  • ...
147
 1,823
 42,805

End Of First Arc - Oh, You're So Bucked!

Chrysalis? I don't see her tag anywhere?

I'll try to make the 'change' between Oliver and Arcturus as clear as I can.

Tell me if you like it or not, it'll help for future chapters XD

Oh, and you know what I said about Fleur…yeah, I tried, but I lied. Fuck off if you don't like it, I'm too tipsy to care :D

Begin!

Oh, You're So Bucked!

Mommy?

Oliver

I opened my eyes, blinking wearily as I looked at my surroundings…well, as I best I could anyhow.

From what I could tell, I seemed to be leaning against a rather soft surface, a pale pink soft surface. And although I was unsure, I looked up and found myself looking straight into a pair of light purple orbs.

Beautiful…

"Oh my, you're finally awake," she said…in a very peculiar voice, with an even more peculiar accent.

I…remembered hearing it somewhere…I was taken by…her, I think. No, no whoever took me sounded like her, but wasn't her.

Agh, it's difficult to remember…almost as if the memories aren't even my own.

I attempted to wiggle out of her tight, yet gentle hold, only to find my efforts rendered null void. Nay, the mare, who by the rough patches and obvious cuts on her body, was evidently NOT who kidnapped me, tightened her grip on me all the more, as if she were terrified I'd disappear.

"You've been here a while," I mused out loud, much to her surprise as she blinked rapidly.

"A few weeks, yes," she answered, her tone surprisingly unwary…trusting even.

Why does she sound so trusting?

"Don't worry though," she continued, her voice soft and assuring. "I'll get the both of us out of here and back into Equestria."

"I don't doubt it," I agreed…rather too quickly for my liking.

What is this? More mind fuckery?...At least I can still swear, I guess.

Snapping myself out of my thoughtful trance, I blinked a few times and…well, suddenly noticed just how intense this mare's gaze was. It was as if she was looking straight through me…

"What?"

"Your eyes."

"W-What?" I repeated, somewhat confused.

The mare laughed lightly and nuzzled just below my horn, prompting a rather happy sensation to well up within me.

"Your eyes," she crooned once more. "They're old, older than you."

W-What? How does she…

"Very perceptive," I chuckled, grinning somewhat at her bizarre intelligence. "You know, you're the first pony around here to actually notice something 'off' about me, I commend you for it."

"Most ponies aren't me," she replied…quite seriously to be honest. "And most ponies won't ever know you as I will…"

Quirking an eyebrow at the mare, I was all too ready to come to the conclusion that she, like many before her, was completely bat shit insane.

But she's not…there's something about her…something that…

"The only pony around here, huh?" I asked, suddenly feeling very much my actually age of twenty two. At least if my suddenly flirtatious nature was anything to go by.

"The only pony," she agreed, nodding twice as if to firmly confirm it.

"Who ever will? I'm not exactly my age right now."

"Nor am I, nor is Celestia or her sister…I can wait until you're ready."

What is that supposed to mean? She's a pony, she must age…right?

Shaking my head so as to rid myself of the…confusing emotions, I looked around as best I could, though it wasn't much to be honest.

"Where are we?" I asked curiously, wiggling around in her grip as I tried to look around me. Unfortunately all I could see was a highly reflective surface of some kind, shiny, yet luminous to boot.

Hmm…it feels dank in here too, but not enough to be a cave. So what's the wall made out of?

"You don't know?" she asked redundantly. "You're in-

"Now, now my dear Fleur. A gentlemare isn't supposed to kiss and tell."

The mare's, or Fleur as I now knew, eyes widened in fear. Almost instantly she pushed my muzzle firmly against her barrel, backing away from whoever had entered the room and mocked her.

"You will NOT touch him Changeling!" Fleur snarled angrily.

Changeling?

"Won't I?" said the voice, an even more peculiar one this time…two voices overlapping the over, yet all belonging to one individual.

"I will kill you if you do," Fleur promised, her threat even causing me to shiver.

The owner of the two tone voice merely laughed loudly, the slight pitch and squeal instantly informing me of its female gender.

A Changeling? Could be any gender really…

"And that's what I love about you, Siren!" the Changeling cackled. "You give him to me, even after showing me what he means to you, even after what I've done to you, and STILL you believe yourself above me."

It's strange, but I could almost FEEL her looking right at me, just as she talked right at me.

"You are most peculiar, non-child," she snarled humorously.

"Yeah, I should probably get that a lot more," I replied, though given that I was currently pressed against Fleur's coat, it was probably just a load of muffled sounds.

"It is part of the changeling's way of life to look into their target," she continued…almost conversationally. "To see who they truly are beneath the masquerade of bravado and selflessness, to see the real being behind it all…but you, you are a puzzle I do not believe I can understand."

"Oh really?" I chirped, forcing my muzzle off of Fleur's barrel. "How so?"

The Changeling sighed…weirdly at my question, almost as though she was happy…no, more than happy.

"I looked into you and saw not one, but two personalities inside," she answered, her voice getting louder as her hoofsteps came ever closer, much to Fleur's evident distress as she tried to back away even further. "There's one, you I believe. It holds the essence of an intelligent, daring individual, far more mature than his appearance would have the world believe."

"Dear Faust, at least buy me dinner first," I quipped, cheekily, only now just realize how much of ME was back. I couldn't even hear the cries and pleas for Mommy.

"Yet also unconfident, afraid of world around him and terribly lonely because of it," the Changeling continued, laughing quietly as she did so. "Quite the bothersome combination, no?"

That should not have stung nearly as much as it did…

"And then there's the other one," she all but crooned lovingly. "The frightened child, desperately seeking the love of a mother, ANY mother, I believe…That's the one I want, and it's one I'm going to have!"

Without any warning, I suddenly found myself torn from a shrieking Fleur and into the hooves of…WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!

It looked like a pony, a pony whose father had fucked a wheel of holy cheese.

The Changeling had a black coat of fur, yet her midsection was protected by what appeared to be chitinous plating. Her eyes were cat like, and en emerald green…like the one that flashed in my mind just before I awoke from…

She also had a jagged, dangerous looking horn. Something quite ironic in contrast to her frail, translucent butterfly wings.

Oh, and she was currently looking at me with a fanged, toothy grin.

"My name is Zythonous, and I will have the child in you," she purred…lustfully?

Ewww!

"I will draw him out and erase you from existence," she continued, her eyes conveying just how serious she was. "I will raise him to love me, in every, possible, way. And then…and then I will make him my king."

"That's disgusting," I said, revulsion clear in my snarl. "I'm like, SIX!"

"Seven actually," she corrected, her sly, immoral grin doing nothing to calm my fast pacing heart. "He's seven, you…you are far older, too old for my specific tastes. Ah, if only you were a mare, then there'd be a different…solution."

While the creep was in the middle of drool daydreaming, I glanced back at Fleur and grinned quickly, prompting a confused gaze in my direction.

"Well, I don't think that's quite going to happen." I said, looking at my hoof absentmindedly.

Zythonous looked at me mirthfully, a crooked smirk plastered across her muzzle.

"Oh, and why's that then?" she asked amusedly.

"Oh, nothing too big," I waved away. "It's just that, well, while he and I don't necessary talk, or even agree on this certain subject. We do tend to have a rather motherly mare already."

"Hah, the prissy princess of love?" Zythonous cackled, stomping her hind leg on the ground in utter glee. "Even if she were to find us, what can SHE possibly do? She doesn't even love you like a mother, I felt it. You angered her after you attacked her husband."

Ouch, sorry about that mate…not too sure what I was thinking at the time…ANYWAY!

"Well, yeah…I suppose." I agreed, smiling somewhat at the sudden faint vibrations in the walls, something that the Changeling didn't seem to notice just yet. "But you knocked me out, you made me dream."

"So?" she growled, evidently impatient with my prevaricating. "What's your point, non-child?"

Looking to Fleur, I grinned once again and spoke to her instead.

"You might wanna hold on to something Fleur," I advised cheerily, bringing a confused look, yet also a nod from the strange mare…or Siren, or whatever she was.

"What are you talking about!" Zythonous snapped, roughly shaking me and causing me to scream in pain.

Careful Oliver, this body is a child's, remember?

"You made me scream," I chuckled breathlessly, my laughter gaining in volume at her perplexed expression. "Oh Faust, you my dear, are so, utterly fff-bucked!"

"Wha-"

There was an almighty crash behind her as the wall was quite literally blown into nothing. The air suddenly carried the stench of burning rubber…and anger, though I think that came more from the sensation running through my mind than anything else.

Mommy's coming…

Quite right kid.

Zythonous turned around with me still in her rather uncomfortable grasp, causing the both of us to stare into the face of a very, VERY angry looking alicorn.

Time to put on a show!

"Mommy!" I screamed happily, wiggling my forehooves desperately at the lunar mare, only to suddenly wince in pain and yelp. "Ow! Mommy, she's hurting me!"

Ha…ha…haha…hahahahaha!

The sheer look of scarcely kept fury on Luna's face was beautiful in that moment. And even though I thought it a tad overkill, I knew Luna would be far too riled up to really notice.

So I whimpered…and held my hooves out to her, only to flinch in pain and shiver, forcing my lower lip to tremble.

"She touched me, Mommy…"

I'm fairly sure I saw something snap behind her eyes.

"Changeling" she growled, her voice tight, yet barely controlled. "Thou art…Thou art…THOU ART DEAD!"

The sheer volume of Luna's voice caused Zythonous to drop me out of fear, which I quickly took advantage of as I punched her in the teats, causing the Changeling to cry out in pain.

Something that I'm fairly sure brought the tiniest hint of a smile from Luna, though it was quickly lost to her violent attack soon after.

Oooh, that's gotta hurt. I should have checked for a snack beforehoof.

No seriously, I did wish there was popcorn. Because as far as this creepy villain went, she was pretty pathetic in all actuality when it came to anything her size.

And even though Fleur had me, once more, against her barrel. I don't even think she could disagree that it was quite a show.

In her hooves…against her barrel…

"Oh Faust no!" I yelped fearfully, suddenly realizing just WHO was currently kicking the Changeling's arse. "Drop me Fleur, DROP ME!"

The Siren looked bewildered at my request. In fact she made it worse by holding me tighter.

"Why would I do such a thing?" she asked, smiling warmly as she kissed the bridge of my muzzle affectionately.

Jeez, what is it with this mare?

The sound of fighting had stopped…like literally a second after Fleur smecked the top of my muzzle.

"Arcturus…"

Buck.

"Who is this mare?"

Double buck.

To my surprise, Fleur moved her head and, from what I'm guessing since I couldn't actually see, looked up to meet Luna's gaze.

"My name is Fleur De Lis, your highness," she spoke strongly. "And I'm the mare who kept your son from harm while he was unconscious."

She did?

"Is that so?" Luna asked suspiciously.

"It is," Fleur affirmed. "The Changeling, Zythonous, tried to do more than simply touch him…I stopped her."

"How?"

"With myself."

What?

"Then you have our respect, Fleur De Lis." Luna spoke softly, sadly even. "Equestria should have learned of this sooner, and we apologize for it…no, we can do more than that.

What?

"Fleur De Lis, we offer you the chance to become something great, something that will watch our son until he is ready…But are you?"

What?

"I am, your highness." Fleur spoke, her voice and tone, her words powerful.

"Then by the power of the stars, moon and the tide she controls, we hereby name thee…The Royal Foalsitter!"

"WHAT?" we both blurted out.

"We know," Luna cried happily. "Tis fantastic!"

I once again found myself torn from Fleur's slightly slack grip, and into the hooves of a…very warm, loving mare.

A crying mare…

"Oh min son," she whispered tearfully. "We found thee again…we found thee. And we shall never let thee go!"

Great, here we go again!

Author's Note:

For those who didn't understand what Fleur is, I'd recommend you go and read 'One'. This stories Fleur is basically the same, more or less, though the circumstances are vastly different.

Hmm, I should probably get a dark tag up soon, for dark comedy if nothing else.

Fleur has her part, and her character will be fleshed out as the story goes on. That's not to say Cadance is forgotten, in fact Cadance is going to be in it just as much.

For if Luna made a mistake, then Cadance's incredibly bad luck at loosing Oliver just caused her to gain the same amount of doubt.

Cya, stay snuggly!