• Published 8th Mar 2014
  • 42,808 Views, 1,823 Comments

The Child In Me - Zamairiac



A young man wakes up in Equestria as a very adorable Alicorn colt, gets forcibly adopted by Luna, and tries to find his way home.

  • ...
147
 1,823
 42,808

No, I Don't Wanna Pla-

Watched Jekyll, got inspired, enjoy!

Begin!

No, I Don't Wanna Pla-

Well…this certainly sucks.

I was running a little slower than I would have liked, but unfortunately I was still rather sick and my chest was twinging painfully. Thus any amount of running was rather taxing on my little body.

And that's not to mention the…weird sensation that was still flowing through me. It felt strange, tiring almost, like the feeling you get when you realize it's time to go to sleep.

To my…well, not so much surprise but more like amusement, nopony had caught up to me yet. Either because of Shiny Shining still bawling on the ground, or the simple fact that they were complete idiots when it came to doing their jobs.

After a few more minutes of nonstop jogging, I finally forced myself to stop, though given that I did so in what appeared to be a market, I may or may not have been thinking correctly.

Still, I can blend in with the crowd if I can just find something to wear, preferably a cloak of some kind.

Trudging through the busy marketplace, I smiled and allowed myself to become immersed in the unfamiliar surroundings. It wasn't like you could find anywhere back in England that was like this, bar some shady areas of course.

As I continued walking, I soon came across a rather beautiful looking park of some kind. Unlike most of the Empire, it wasn't covered in snow; in fact it wasn't even remotely as cold as when I arrived thirty minutes or so ago.

Still…it is beautiful.

"Hey, look Fudge; he has wings and a horn!"

The childish voice snapped me out of my momentary daze and onto...well, a couple of children.

One of them, the voice behind the exclamation, was a dark blue coloured Earth pony filly. She had remarkably long, cascading red hair, not ginger, but a very pretty shade of red. Her eyes were bright green, and her expression was one of…delight?

Also, she had no emblem on her flank, neither of them did actually.

The other filly, a pegasus, had a cream coloured coat, and plain, somewhat short brown hair. Her eyes were a very dark charcoal, and seemed to be somewhat dull.

"Uh huh…"

Damn, her voice is even duller.

The blue filly left her friend to herself as she swiftly bounced over to me, so quickly in fact that I was quite startled.

"Hey!" she all but shouted in my face. "I'm Gleaming Ruby, what's your name?!"

"It's Arcturus," I replied, rubbing my ears. "And you don't have to shout you…know…"

Arcturus? Why the buck did I say that?

Buck?

NO! No, no, no! Come on, Fffff-uuuu-cccc-kkk! FUCK! HA! TAKE THAT BITCH!

"Your face is funny, Arcturus!" Ruby giggled suddenly, snapping me out of…whatever the fuck that was.

"Hah, yes I suppose it is," I agreed, chuckling somewhat as I slowly backed away from the crazy filly.

Faust knows I've had enough of crazy ponies to last me a lifetime.

Unfortunately, the nutty filly quickly grasped my hooves and began to pretty much drag me with her to…some sort of playground in the park.

"Come on Arky; we can be friends! Let's play on see-saw!" she exclaimed happily, much to my annoyance.

"What? No, I don't even know you," I disagreed fervently. "I appreciate the offer, but I'm quite alright tha-UCKKK!"

I hadn't even realized that I was sitting on the see-saw…not until it was too late anyhow. For the moment I actually paid any attention to my surroundings, I was already flying through the sky.

Curtsey of a deceptively heavy filly.

"Ow…" I moaned painfully. "Can't I catch a break…without breaking anything?"

"Oh, sorry," Ruby apologized, her eyes wide and suddenly right in front of me. "I didn't mean to send you so far, you don't look that thin…but Mommy did say that appearances can be des-des-deceptive!"

Oh the irony sweetheart, if only you knew what that word meant, especially with me.

"It's fine sweetpea," I assured soothingly…only to suddenly realize just how weird my words DID sound to a child. "I-I mean, it's all cool, I'm tough as…nails?"

And apparently terrible at acting my 'age' in front of an actual kid…

Ruby's eyes widened even further, impossible as it might sound, before she quickly pulled me into an even more impossibly tight grip and squealed cutely.

"Oh, I know what'll make it up to you!" she declared, before gesturing to her not-so-forgotten friend for help. "Hey Fudge; come help me push him on the swings!"

"What?" I yelped. "No, no, I'm honestly fine, there's no need to-"

A hoof in my muzzle quickly stopped any further complaints…and in my defence, any of that impossible strength I had a few days ago seemed to have vanished.

Not that I wasn't strong…but like Ruby said, I was thin…and she was an Earth pony so bleh!

Thus I soon found myself partaking in a game of hardcore swings, said swing nearly causing me to squeal and scream like a little girl. I tried not to but…well; to be honest I actually found it rather enjoyable!

So what if I'm acting a little childishly. It's just an act…and in any case I don't wanna disappoint Ruby and her…really creepy friend. Besides, it's not THAT fun…I think.

I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts by…well, the swing snapping. Unfortunately for me, I was rather high in the air when it did so, thus, much like before, I was sent flying.

But…then something happened.

Just as I braced myself for a harsh landing, my wings snapped open and I managed to, One, do a summersault in mid-air which was bucking cool, and Two, glide and land gracefully on all four hooves.

All in all, it was pretty wicked!

That and the looks on the filly's faces were quite amusing. Or rather, filly. Fudge was nowhere to be seen…which was bizarre, but whatever.

"That was…AWESOME!" Ruby yelled, running over and leaping on me excitedly. "You are SO my friend, tell me WE'RE friends!"

"We're…friends?" I echoed unsurely, only to get squeezed to near death in response.

"Sweet!" she squealed. "Anyway I've gotta go home before Mommy throws a fit, cya tomorrow Arky!"

And with that she was gone…literally, I blinked a few times and the noticeably increasing fog took her.

What just happened?

Looking up, I noticed just how dark it had actually become. The moon was beginning to come out, just as the sun was beginning to set.

Just how long was I messing around for?

Shaking my head harshly, I clicked my tongue in irritation before setting off out of the park and back into the marketplace. Unlike before, it was quite bustling with activity, there wasn't even any guards around.

I've been missing for quite some time and still they haven't found me? Faust damn it these guards are…something special.

As I turned a corner, I quickly came across a colt around my age with…his mother, I think. As I neared, I noticed that the colts hoof was grazed a little, and his eyes were filled with shiny tears. The mother herself was fussing over him and cooing various yet affectionate words.

"It hurts Mommy," the colt whimpered tearfully, holding his hoof up to her gingerly.

"Oh, I know it does sweetie," she crooned tenderly, her tongue licking the graze softly, much to the colt's enjoyment if his giggles were anything to go by. "There we go, is that any better?"

The colt merely nodded and nuzzled his mother's neck, which was swiftly returned warmly.

There was that strange feeling again…

Shaking my head somewhat, I quickly left before an adult could gain some common sense and notice my unusual appendages…though I probably shouldn't have worried, these ponies all seem ridiculously unintelligent.

Although I suppose Luna was quite clever, using her dream abilities to find me...to hold me even as I tried to stay away…to…care for me, to keep close to her warm…comfy…tum…my…

Ugh, I feel strange…

Stumbling along as I tried to walk, I quickly bumped into what appeared to be a shop window. The window itself was tinted, and I couldn't see inside. In fact all I could see was my own reflection.

Huh…I could've sworn this body had brown eyes…

The reflection was smiling, and the eyes looking back at me were bright, happy, and a clear turquoise. Which as I thought, was rather strange…maybe it was the window, or the light reflecting on it?

Wait…I'm not smiling, so why's…

I blinked rapidly a few times, but the reflection stayed the same, moving in sync despite the different expression. It could have just been some weird pony 'magic'…

Noticing the shadows that were suddenly around me, I looked up in a state of awe as the moon, and the beautiful night that accompanied it, replaced the sun and light blue sky.

The moon was…strangely warm, and glowing in such a comforting way.

Strange…it reminds me of…

A happy feeling slowly began to flow through me as I remembered…remembered everything. Luna, the way she looked after me. Ruby, and the way she played with me, the way she made me smile truly for the first time in so long.

It was a playful, happy feeling. So much an opposite to my usual calculating, determined self.

I looked back at my reflection, saw the smile, the sparkle in its eyes…and smiled back myself.

Mommy…it reminds me of Mommy…

I opened my eyes and looked around, suddenly realizing all too much just how dark it was becoming.

"Mommy?" I called fearfully, making myself as small as possible as I did so. "Mommy, where are you?"

It was too dark, all that remained was the moonlight shining on me…it was comforting…but I was still so frightened.

Why was I alone?

Where was Mommy?

The last thing I remembered was being nestled against her tummy…WHERE WAS SHE?

Whimpering quietly to myself, I backed into a dark place and curled into a fetal position. I couldn't think, I could barely breathe…I wanted my Mommy so badly…

"Sleep for us, sleep for thee. Sleep for mommy, my little baby. Let min warmth guide thee, let it cradle thee. Until slumber's grasp holds thee tightly. We are here beside thee…We shall always love thee…Fly, soar and be free…"

Who's that? Look up…

"Mommy?"

Looking up fearfully, I quickly noticed somepony in front of me. She was wearing a…cloak, all I could see was a pale pink mane, and a white leg as it reached out to me, stroking my cheek softly.

"Shush little one," said a gentle voice…it sounded female, and funny. "I have come to take you home."

"To Mommy?"

"Yes," she smiled, nodding twice. "You do not belong here with that thief…So come along, climb on my back."

I was unsure…but she seemed so nice!

Don't do it kid…

Ignoring the doubt in my head, I quickly stood up and giggled as the mare helped me climb atop her back.

Stop, get down…

"Good colt," the mare chuckled, giving my horn a little lick shortly after.

"Can you take me back to my Mommy now?" I asked pleadingly.

The mare smirked, but nodded and gave my horn another lick. It felt funny…

"Of course child," she agreed, her green eyes flashing slightly. "Just go to sleep, you'll be back with your Mommy in no…time…at…all…"

I…closed my…eyes as her…horn…glowed…green…

No, don't fall asleep! Wake up kid! WAKE UP!

Author's Note:

I SUCK at writing children, always have done :(

Til next time XD

Stay snuggly!