• Published 23rd Oct 2011
  • 3,996 Views, 180 Comments

Behind the Gypsy's Veil - Gypsy

  • ...
6
 180
 3,996

A Matter Of Ponies

Chapter 18: A Matter Of Ponies


"It's pretty cold up here, mind if I borrow your coat?" Rave said as she was shivering in the freezing temperature. Knightmare looked at the mare with annoyance. "Here, I won't be needing it anyways." Knightmare took off the coat and handed it over to Rave who took it with eagerness.

You won't be needing it? I need it! That coat was handmade out of my original coat! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH A TAILORED COAT COST?! And I got it for free!

Knightmare didn't respond but simply kept on trotting if not faster than was once previously. "So what are we doing way up here?" Knightmare kept the pace. "I, my dear, am here to see a very old draconian friend of mine who shares the same interest as I do." Rave gave Knightmare a quizzical look. She found it exciting, she never met a dragon before let alone visited a dragon's cave.

They neared the end of the five hour mountain trail and found a large door presumably made of some kind of metal. Knightmare went up the door and knocked. The door didn't open but instead a rather big opening slid out of the way revealing a yellow eye. "Who is it?" The voice was draconic. Knightmare coughed. "I am here to speak with Astatoroth The Skyfortress." The large eye moved around. "And who are you to make such a demand?" Knightmare was getting impatient. "He and I have a history together, tell him that a nightmare has come." The slide shut leaving two ponies outside in the cold.

The slide opened again. "I have spoken to my master and he will see you." Knightmare grinned. "Open the door then." Rave said still shivering. The large eye looked at Rave. "Who is she?" Knightmare looked at Rave and then back at the eye. "She is a...Friend." The eye was examining Rave as if trying to see something. "Before I open the door first you must answer. Do your roots show?" Knightmare sighed. "No for they stretch deep into the ground." A loud clang and the door had opened.

As they proceeded through they were met with a grand view. The door lead to a single platform that overlooked the quite large town. The cave was huge, almost as if the whole mountain had been hollowed out. Rave was speechless as she looked over the rail separating her from a long drop. "This is beautiful Kriece." The town was built upon a large somewhat tilted flat rock directed in the middle of the cave surrounded by water. "Wow it looks like one of those old pirate-era seaport towns! And look how it practically glows with all the streetlights and lit buildings! And that castle at the top is simply amazing!" Rave couldn't control herself from the sight of it all for it was truly beautiful.

Knightmare looked at Rave who stood there in awe.

What a beautiful site indeed, I'm jealous you didn't bring me in person, well kind of. Does the Princess know about this place?

*NO SHE DOES NOT

How is that? Something like this would seem as if she had done it.

*WE ARE VERY FAR AWAY FROM CANTERLOT AND SO OUT OF HER SIGHT. MY AQUAINTANCE, ASTATOROTH BUILT THIS TOWN A LONG TIME AGO.

OH-HO-HO! So you have some very powerful friends I see! What would drive such a powerful dragon to build a town in a mountain hidden away from the world?

*ISSUES WITH THE PRINCESSES.

And that's where "we have the same interest" makes sense. So he also wants to rule slash practically destroy Equestria?

*NO, HE JUST WANTS TO KILL THEM BOTH.

I see, continue on then, I have been intrigued.

Knightmare and Rave were escorted to a monorail that lead to the town below. "I can't wait to see what the town looks like up close!" Knightmare had only been here once when Astatoroth was barely one-third of the way done and was also anxious to see how it all turned out.

I never would have thought to be in this situation nor thought it possible. My religion assured me so though I'm not denying it now even if I was a backslider I still would believe for the sake of my soul. The road to Heaven is small and narrow but the road to damnation is broad and wide. All this, this world. I don't know whether or not this is real. I've heard what some people speculate what happens when you die, that you enter a world you wanted to be in but seeing as I was in a position I didn't like I highly doubt that. I could go on and on about myself and my religion but that is not entirely unimportant right now. Tell me Knightmare do you enjoy what you do?

*I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION.

Do you enjoy causing misery amongst the vast ponies? Say you take over Equestria then what?

*I WILL RULE IT WITH AN IRON HOOF

So a tyrant is what you're aiming for, okay then and after that?

*WHAT DO YOU MEAN AFTER?

You plan on ruling it forever? A life of infinite problems? You might think the power overpowers the fact that leading a nation is a very very hard task to do but I assure to rule is not a take and never give, it is a give and give and give and give. If you mess up you will destroy the very kingdom and it's people. What makes you think you can do whatever the fuck you want? You've no right to take. Power is only half of the solution, the other is a sound mind. If you take up the crown you will surely become what your name suggest.

*...

Know that I do not take sides of the good or the bad of people's intentions, it isn't based on whether it's black, white, or grey but it's based on the opacity.

*YOU WOULD HAVE MADE A VERY GOOD ADVISOR BUT TOO BAD I HAVE TO DISPOSE OF YOU.

Yes well...I don't care what happens anymore. I'm tired. I'm tired of it all, tired of you, tired of this world, and tired of myself. I want to be alone, if anything has taught me, it's that I will rather die alone and uncared for than to be around those who....Fuck this rant.

*DO NOT WORRY. YOU WON'T BE HERE ANY LONGER THAN THREE DAYS.

Go fuck yourself.

The monorail slowed to stop stopping at its station. Knightmare and Rave stepped outside and into the station. As they walked down the path they were greeted by two dragons clad in emerald armor. "You are Nightmare and company?" Knightmare took a step forward. "Yes." The two dragons nodded. "Follow us." Rave looked at Knightmare. "Nightmare? I thought it was Kriece."

___________________________________________________

Chapter 18 finally here after coming back from the dead.

Well I don't know what to say really. My writing is mediocre and I still don't understand how people like it *shoulder shrug*. I'll be writing chapters in my regular 3-10 days.

Anyways Comment, I really love talking to you guys, Rate, PLEASE RATE, and above all...THE GAME