• Published 8th Mar 2014
  • 4,202 Views, 107 Comments

Oh My Celestia, A Giant Dog! - Discorded SheepcityUSA



Fluttershy is called to keep a dog of abnormal sizes from destroying Sweet Apple Acres with his playfulness.

  • ...
3
 107
 4,202

The Red "Menace"

Oh My Celestia, A Giant Dog!

“C’mon Fluttershy, ya’ll gotta keep up now! We gotta get back to Sweet Apple Acres before that thing tears it apart!” Applejack called back to her Pegasus friend, who wasn’t far behind her, her lungs failing to keep up with the fast-paced running she was doing.

“(Pant Pant) Can y-you please slow down a little Applejack? I-I’m not as fast as you are.” Fluttershy panted, sweat dripping down her forehead as she ran.

Applejack turned around and shook her head.

“Sorry Flutters, no can do. Mah whole farm’ll be destroyed by that…that…whatever it is if we don’t get there now!” Applejack said.

“Pardon me AJ, but from what you told me, it’s just a dog. How much trouble can ONE harmless dog cause...if you don’t mind me asking.” Fluttershy asked in a whimper.

Applejack sighed at her friend’s misunderstanding of the subject.

“Ah told ya Fluttershy, this thing just ain’t normal. One minute everything’s fine n’ dandy in the orchard, and the next minute, this varmint comes barreling in here like a manticore at a tea party. Must’ve come outta the Everfree Forest overnight or somethin’” Applejack replied.

Fluttershy put a hoof to her mouth.

“Relax Applejack. I’m sure it’s just a little scared and confused is all. I’ll handle it when we get there.” Fluttershy assured her.

Applejack gave her friend a smile.

“Thanks Fluttershy. I knew ya’ll would be the one for the job. Now, let’s get a move on!” Applejack said, galloping at breakneck speeds to her home, Fluttershy hot on her tail, still trying to catch her breath.

I wonder how a harmless little puppy could cause Applejack so much trouble.’ Fluttershy thought to herself.


Soon, the pair arrived to Sweet Apple Acres, most if it looking pretty messed up. Several of the thousands of apple trees had been uprooted, the barn had been crushed, and the animals were scurrying around the farm in fear.

“Oh my Celestia! Would ya’ll look at this mess!? It’ll take us forever to get all these trees back in the ground!” Applejack shouted.

Fluttershy, presented with the scene before her, gasped.

“How does a dog cause all of this?!” She exclaimed.

Applejack turned to her.

“You’ll find out. Big Mac, lead that thing over here; hurry!” Applejack yelled.

From across the hills, a red stallion pulling an apple-cart, which had an older green mare and a young, yellow filly riding inside, both of them wearing army helmets, galloped into view and stopped just inches in front of them.

“Ya’ll got that thing to follow you?” Applejack asked.

“E-(Pant) E-Eeyup.” Big Macintosh responded.

All of a sudden, the ground beneath the ponies’ hooves started to rumble and an extremely loud sound bellowed across the farm.

RUFF RUFF!

“It’sa comin’! Head fer the hills!” Granny Smith shouted.

“That thing’s gonna eat us all! Go Big Mac, get us outta here!” Applebloom yelled.

Big Mac wasted no time in galloping away from the area, leaving the two mares to handle the problem.

“Ya’ll sure you can handle this Flutters? Ah know ya’ll have dealt with worse, but ah don’t think you’ve ever seen anything THIS bizarre.” Applejack asked.

“Applejack, I live with Discord. There is nothing that could ever be more bizarre than anything I’ve already...O-Oh…m-my...”

Fluttershy trailed off when she saw the creature Applejack had mentioned so many times before run towards them. The ground trembled when its gigantic paws made thundering contact with the ground, and its heavy breathing could be heard from miles away. The animal was obviously a dog, but it didn’t look like any dog Fluttershy had ever seen. It appeared to be much larger than Applejack’s barn; and if that isn’t strange enough, its fur was also hued a bright red color. As the behemoth of a dog continued to barrel toward them, Fluttershy noticed it had several dozen apple trees clamped tight in its maw.

Fluttershy was about to tell it to stop, but the dog halted directly in front of the two without even needing to be told to do so. It also dropped the trees on the ground with a loud THUD at the ponies’ hooves.

“RUFF RUFF!” It barked, causing the leaves on the still-standing trees to shake, and the mares’ eardrums to nearly burst.

“Arrrgh! Fluttershy, pleeease do somethin’!” Applejack pleaded, holding her hooves to her ears.

Fluttershy nodded and flew up to the dog’s eyelevel.

“No! Bad boy! Sit!” Fluttershy scolded.

The dog sat down without defiance, thumping his gigantic tail on the ground, rumbling the entire farm.

That’s weird. It looks like he’s already been trained.’ Fluttershy thought.

“That’s better. Now can you please tell me why you’re making such a huge mess of my friend’s home?” She asked.

“RUFF RUFF, RUFF!” he bellowed.

Fluttershy nodded her head in understanding.

“What’s the story Shy?" Applejack shouted

“It’s alright! He says he just wanted to play and he’s really sorry for destroying your farm!” Fluttershy called back.

“Well can ya’ll tell em’ to go play somewhere else? He’s kinda causin’ too much havoc to stay here!” Applejack asked.

Fluttershy turned back to the dog, who now had an air of guilt mixed in with sadness about him, indicated by his drooped ears and pouty eyes.

Fluttershy tried to comfort him by petting his head.

“There there. It’s alright…Umm, would you want to come and stay at my cottage for a while…uhh…”little” fella?” Fluttershy asked, slightly chuckling at her poor choice of words.

The dog immediately perked up, his face turning happy and playful once again, and he resumed wagging his tail. He then proceeded to lick Fluttershy’s entire body with his humongous tongue, leaving the mare dripping with dog slobber.

“Hehehe. You’re quite the playful one aren’t you?” Fluttershy laughed.

“RUFF!” he bellowed.

Fluttershy then noticed something around the dog’s neck. It appeared to be a huge collar with a dog tag the size of a carriage wheel attached to it.

Oh. He has an owner? Well that would explain why he’s acting so well trained.’ Fluttershy thought.

“Did you run away from home big boy? Oh you’re owner must be worried sick about you. You can stay at my home until they come and find you. Okay?” She asked.

The dog nodded in approval and once again, let out a booming bark.

Fluttershy took a closer look at his dog tag and read the name engraved in its shiny, metal surface.

“So your name’s…Clifford right?” she asked.

“RUFF RUFF RUFF!” Clifford barked.

“Alright then Clifford, I’ll lead the way back to my home and you can follow…oh but one word of warning. My roommate can be a little…unpredictable…so don’t pay him any mind if he tries to make you angry. Ok?” Fluttershy asked.

Clifford raised an eyebrow.

“Trust me, you’ll find out.” Fluttershy said, flying off into the direction of her cottage, with Clifford stomping loudly behind her, trying to keep up with his new friend.

“Thanks fer the help Flutters! I’ll take care of things from here!” Applejack shouted, glad that the “Red Menace” was finally off of her property. She looked at what remained of Sweet Apple Acres, seeing how big of a job was ahead of her.

“…Hoooo boy. THIS may take a while…” She said.

Comments ( 106 )

“So your name’s…Clifford right?

*stares in amzement* you are not the only one and you have easily gotten rid of your shame my good sir for creating this... this perfection

4049581 Thank you so much! I don't feel dead inside anymore! :pinkiehappy:

4049606 no problem man and youve earned a follower for this story

Ahhh... Clifford the Big Red Dog, the melancholy

Well you have my intention :pinkiehappy:

PS. For some reason the coverart look like Fluttershy laying down doing 'something' :pinkiecrazy:

OH MY GODDESS!!!! :pinkiehappy: CLIFFORD!!!! YES!!!! I look forward to more, and I can't wait to see how he reacts to Discord. :twilightsmile:

The picture caught my attention, the description sold it, and the read was as satisfying as I hoped. The only thing I would want more would be for Cliffford to clean up his mess. We all know he can do it, he's like one of the smartest dogs ever, even in cartoon standards. :P

Oh God, thank the Lord thank you. This did bring back nostalgia. Now... Shame on you for reading those fics. It's like me in reading this right after surfing the darker side of the net. But needless details. We're both horrible people here.

The writing though was OK. I liked th short description for the humor, but the parts with the pants might have been executed a little more proper than inserts. Challenge yourself and see if you can stay away from those things... Or write out the actual sounds perhaps? but 'pant pant' seems to be a rather lame way of doing things.

Now excuse me as I look forward to Discord playing catch with a giant red dog. :3

4049802 Thank you for the advice. :twilightsmile:

And believe me, NOT putting some Discord and Clifford interaction would be criminal. Expect to see it. :pinkiehappy:

4049810 Ok... I just realized where I saw the pic from. It's Fluttershy's face before she gets pommeled with an energy beam from Pinkie in Smile HD. XD

Dam I like Clifford teh big red dog

I remember Clifford!!!! :pinkiehappy::yay::twilightsmile::rainbowkiss::raritystarry:

...Oh my god.............


I...I...


.......You, sir, have just reminded me of my first book. Ever.

how this bitch gonna geal with giant fuckin dog shit hes gonna fuckin take a dump on angel and kill him or some shit

I'm not usually one for crossovers, but these actually fit together surprisingly well.

all i had to read was the title to figure out it was about clifford

Geez I wonder what the rest of the Mane 6 [Except for Fluttershy and AJ] here is what I think they will say

:twilightoops:: This is j-j-j-just not Possible!!!

:pinkiehappy:: I can now plan a Giant dog comes to Ponyville Party!!!

:raritydespair::Its Fur is so Garnish 'Faints'

:rainbowderp:: Whoa he's Big

Ah Clifford Bring so Many Memories :raritycry:

Clifford!!! My god I loved that show!!! Are we going to see any chapters from cliffords point of view? like him talking to the animals at fluttershys cottage? Also for some reason I see Winona falling for clifford.

4050208

Its Fur is so Garnish 'Faints'

... Clifford's fur goes well on food?

CCCCCLLLLLIIIIIIFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRDDDDD!!!

Oh Warp yes!

Clifford the big red dog?!

I pity the person(s) who never heard of his gigantic fluffy redness. Red=color of blood.

Blood=Makes Khorne happy
Khorne happy=Less deaths

Less Deaths=cheese!

You deserve all the medals doc!

Ahh, this brings back memories, although now that I think about it why hasn't there been a crossover like this until now?

Two things I thought of while reading this: 1) This isn't the first giant dog they've seen, there was Cerberus. 2) How utterly ridiculous the whole, "It would take too long to explain, you have to see it for yourself" shtick is in story-telling. It's a cheap way of creating tension that is pretty unrealistic.
What I mean is, generally in the amount of time it takes to explain to someone why you don't have the time to explain something to them, you've already used up enough time to explain the situation. The Honesty test from the first episode of the show is actually a great example; in the amount of time it took Applejack to tell Twilight she'd be okay and to trust her, she could have said something along the lines of, "You have to let go, Dash and Fluttershy will catch you." and not scare Twilight. As for this story, in the amount of time it took to keep saying, "I can't explain," as they ran to the farm, AJ could have easily explained the situation. "There's a giant red dog tearing up trees at the farm." Admittedly, if someone told me that, I would assume they were insane, but this was in Equestria and Applejack is the element of honesty, so I figure Fluttershy would believe her at her word.
Anyway, it's still an interesting story and I wonder if you're going to explain how the Clifford got there and if he's ever going to return home, or if this is going to be an episodic story without a resolution.

4050905 Cerberus is tiny compared to Clifford

4050909 Oh, unless we assume the Ponies are _really_ small, not that much bigger: Big Red Dog vs Cerberus Of course, Clifford varies in size depending on plot necessity...

Don't see why Discord can't send him back. Heck, he might be responsible for his being here in the first place.

4051065 could be suppose discord was sleep chaosing

4051098 Sleep chaosing? Now there's a scary thought! :pinkiegasp:

4051105 I know right so he's not even sure which world Clifford is from

Oh! MY CHILDHOOD FEELS! THEY HU-UR-UR-URT~

Clifford the Big Red Dog in Equestria. Oh my god. As simplistic as those children's books and show was, it was one of my favorites to read and watch as a child.

Not even messing around right now... I was just thinking about this not even a week ago... why didn't I write it!?
... oh yeah, I can't write well... :fluttershysad:

I CALLED IT!!!! I KNEW IT WAS CLAIFORD:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Oh teh childhood feels huuuuuurrrrrt

4051579
You still freak me out all this time later....

Take Clifford with you please....?

Aaaah, Clifford. This brings back memories.

And cue flailing arms of joy. Clifford! I remember the Big Red Dog! It's a cute story ya got there. :twilightsmile:

aww i bet he is cute :yay:

CLIFFORD!

...Thank you for bringing back the childhood. Now, here's a new question: how did he get separated from Emily Elizabeth?

4056315 Some of that will be explained next chapter. And to answer a question I feel I'll be getting a lot-

Yes there is going to be some character interaction between Clifford and the Mane Six's pets. :twilightsmile:

L4

:heart::heart::heart: Nostalgia children/adults unite

This... I...

Okay?

Clifford crossover?

Sure, why not. I'll track it... o.O

CLIFFORD! Childhood coming back to me:pinkiehappy:

What's this... wait... CHILDHOOD, IS THAT YOU?
Ok then, Clifford crossover... why not.

...
...
CLIFFORD!!!! And the TV show, the books, the educational video games...:heart:

You can still see the animated series on PBS. So yeah I know of Clifford but I never really read the book because by the time most 5-8 year old kids were still learning to read I was already reading the kinds of books high school students read.. I kind-of scared my first teacher because of that fact... I think.. Ah good memories none the less..

User opened nostalgia.exe

Comment posted by reader238 deleted Mar 10th, 2014

You ain't the only one friend. I really enjoyed Clifford back when I was little.

Login or register to comment