• Published 11th Mar 2014
  • 3,981 Views, 129 Comments

My Roommate Fluttershy - KillerRobotQuote



Fluttershy finds herself on Earth. A human has to take care of her.

  • ...
39
 129
 3,981

Chapter 1: What's yer name?

The last thing I expected to see was a naked girl lying on my back porch. In fact, the sight caught me so off guard that I just stood there a whole minute, staring, not sure what to do. When I finally realized what I was doing, I set my groceries on the ground and unlocked the door to the house. Half-dazed, I found my bathrobe and ran back outside. She was still lying there, naked as can be. Blushing profusely, I draped the bathrobe over her body, covering her up. Now that she was decent, I could do what I, in retrospect, logically should have done first, as it makes more sense.

"Shit, 're you okay?" I asked the girl, concerned. I got on my knees and gave her shoulder a firm nudge with my hand. She stirred a bit, and I sighed in relief. Now that I knew for sure that she wasn't dead, I slipped my hand under her head, lifting it slightly to give her some support.

I shook her shoulder a bit more forcefully this time. "Hey. Hey, come on. C'mon. You okay?"

Her sky-blue eyes fluttered open, and she let out a small gasp when she saw me. In an instant, her eyes transformed from bright and beautiful to panicked and fearful. Judging from the way she scrambled backward, trying to get away from me, she looked desperate. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little hurt by that.

"I'm sorry," she cried. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Please don't hurt me." She was already beginning to tear up.

"Hurt you? Why the hell would-? And...and what're you sorry for? I-" I took a deep breath. Whatever had happened to this girl had clearly affected her. I needed to set aside my confusion and calm her down. "It's fine. It's okay. Ah'm not gonna hurt you. 're you all right? Can I help you?"

The girl continued to stare at me, eyes wide with fear. "Wh-what," she managed to squeak out. "What are you?"

I thought this situation couldn't get any more confusing. I was wrong. "The hell're you talkin' about?"

"You!" she cried. "Wh-what kind of creature are you?"

I just stared at this girl, dumbfounded. "I...are...I...I just...I...uh...............WHAT?! The fuck are...'re you fuckin' serious?!"

She began to cry. "P-please, don't swear at m-me," she said, hiding behind her hair. Actually, this was the first time I noticed her hair. Surprising, really, because it came down to nearly the middle of her back and was a bright, light pink. It didn't look like any kind of hair dye I'd seen girls at my school use. How did she make it look so...natural?

"I just...I..." I sighed. "I'm sorry, 'kay? It's jus', I think you might've...forgotten some things."

She stopped crying, but continued to look at me inquisitively. "Wh-what do you mean?"

"Well," I said. "Ya don' seem to know what I am, that was kind of a giveaway."

"B-but," she stuttered. "I've never seen anything like you before."

I sucked in breath through my teeth. "Yeah, amnesia, I guess." Poor girl. She doesn't seem to know a thing. I'd better be easier on her. "Here, jus', just come in, you can get dressed, and we'll sort things out, akay?"

My offer fell on deaf ears. As I was speaking, the girl was looking at her hands as though she'd never seen them before in her life. Her eyes went wide with terror. A soft, but high-pitched scream escaped her lips, then she passed out on the spot.

I stood there, trying to comprehend what had just happened. A full minute passed before I said anything.

"Fuckin', Christ," I said under my breath. I had the feeling it was going to be a long day.


I was sitting on the couch in my living room, staring at the piano, not doing anything. After what happened, how could I? All I could do was think about everything that had happened in the last half-hour. I was driving home from grocery shopping for the week. When I got home, I was carrying two bags as I made my way from my car, a piece-of-shit '93 Toyota Celica, to the back door of the house. I stepped onto the back porch when I saw the naked girl lying off to the side. I went inside and grabbed my bathrobe to cover her up, went back to her, covered her up, and woke her. Neither of us had any idea what was going on. She saw her hand and passed out. I picked her up and carried her into my parents' bedroom, where I put her under the covers and drew the curtains. Then I remembered my groceries, got them out of the car, and put them in the refrigerator. Now, here I am, sitting on the couch, not doing a thing. I thought about pulling out my laptop and playing a game to take my mind off things, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I didn't care about setting a new fastest speed run. All I wanted was to wait for the mysterious girl to wake up.

Speak of the devil. At that moment, I heard soft weeping coming from my parents' room. I stood up and opened the door. The girl was sitting up in bed, tears streaming down her face. As she turned toward me, I averted my gaze. I wasn't trying to be rude, but, well, the way she was sitting, the blanket didn't cover her chest.

"Um," I mumbled. "Could you, uh, cover yourself?" My face was flushed. After a moment of no response, I snuck a peek, just to see if she did what I asked. To my surprise, she did her job a little too well. The girl had hidden herself completely under the covers. I stifled a chuckle and made my way to the side of the bed. "You don' hafta cover yer head."

The girl slowly poked her head out from under the covers. The slight grin that was on my face fell when I saw her puffy, bloodshot eyes and was replaced with genuine concern. I got on the bed and sat Indian-style, facing her. "What's wrong? Please, tell me."

"What...what am I?" she whispered, pointing to the other side of the room. I turned in the direction she was pointing and saw the massive, nearly wall-size mirror positioned above my parents' dresser. "What are we?"

So it's true. She really had no idea. I let out a small sigh as I prepared for what would surely be a long discussion. "Were called humans," I began. "We, um...uh...I...hmm..." I glanced around the room. "Y'know...I don' actually know how ta describe us." But as I looked around the room, an answer came to me. One that could summarize the entire history of the human race in a single sentence.

"We're pretty smart, I guess..."

The girl stared at me inquisitively. Not that I blame her. As far as explanations go, that wasn't exactly top-notch. "A-are you...dangerous?" she asked.

I sucked in a breath. This question caught me off guard. I knew what the "right" answer was, but I found myself having a difficult time saying it. What was wrong with me? This girl woke up with amnesia and needs to relearn what humans are, and I'm considering telling her that we're dangerous? God, I'm stupid sometimes.

"N-no. Humans aren' dangerous. Sure, we may not always be that friendly all th' time, but we wouldn' hurt you."

The girl seemed to relax a little, although she still looked distressed. "So, then, c-could you please not...swear like that?" she pleaded. Then, in a much softer voice, "please?"

I smiled gently. "Yeah, ah'm sorry 'bout that. I shouldn've lost it like that. 't's actually a bad habit'a mine, I really needa stop."

I leaned in closer. "Look, I dunno what's goin' on with you, 'n' you don' seemda know yerself, but ah'm sorry we got off to a bad start. So, let's start over. My name's Dante. What's yers?"

The girl smiled for the first time that day. "Fluttershy. I'm Fluttershy."

Author's Note:

Please read this before posting any comments

I'm well aware that most of you have picked up on numerous grammatical errors. While I'm always open to corrections that need to be made, please don't point out any mistakes that are in quotation marks. The narrator's dialogue is written that way ON PURPOSE in order to reflect my real-life dialect. I'm from the Midwest United States, and this is how we talk. Or at least, I do.