• Published 20th Mar 2014
  • 2,382 Views, 38 Comments

Heart - Akatsuki God



What happened after Ulquiorra's supposed death. Did he really fade into nothingness? Or did something else, far more elaborate happen to him.

  • ...
10
 38
 2,382

Chapter 3: Adjustments to be Made

With the Summer Sun celebration fast approaching and the business that had situated itself well within Ponyville, Ulquiorra had found it a bit difficult to adjust to what seemed to be his new, peaceful life. Not only because of the colorful talking ponies that seemed to dominate the realm, but also because he had to deal with the idea of being the only human like being that existed in this world as far as he knew. He didn't mind the change of surroundings or the ponies, in fact, he didn't necessarily loathe or dislike it, but he couldn't help but feel a little uneasy, given his abrupt appearance after his fight with Ichigo in Huaco Mundo and the disappearance of his mask and hole along with the fact that his zanpakuto had been confiscated by the ponies and that most of his powers had gone from him. He stared at the moon which was high in the night sky, thinking about what had happened to Ichigo after he had disappeared. He wondered whether or not he was able to stop a man known, to him, as Lord Aizen, who had ruled over a group of powerful and mostly ruthless beings called arrancars for some time even though he, himself, was not one of their kind.

Most of the windows in town were dark including the library below him, meaning that it was late and that at least most of the ponies in town must have been asleep by now. He had been thinking for some time now and the sound of flapping had caught his attention. He lifted his head before looking to his side to see that it was Princess Luna, who had come, although he wasn't sure as to why. He turned back to the moon. "What do you want?" he asked blankly, not seeing any point in small talk about the nice weather or the graceful beauty of the moon and the stars that were scattered across the night sky.

Luna stepped forward and was now directly at his side to the right of him. She was also staring at the moon, only her face wasn't the same emptiness that Ulquiorra's had been. Her's showed a rather grim, almost sad, expression. "How is it?" she asked vaguely which provoked no response from him. "The moon...and the stars, I mean."

After saying that, a moment of silence took hold of them, leaving only the wind to make any sound along with a few wind chimes that could be heard from a few other, close by, houses. "To be fully honest..." he finally said, "I am not at all interested in the insignificant stars." he said bluntly. "I stare at the moon only because it seems to be very similar to the world I came from." he continued.

Luna turned to him with a puzzled expression. "Now that you've brought it up, I've been meaning to ask of where is it you came from." she asked, receiving no answer for a moment and as she began to look away from him He finally answered. "It's called Huaco Mundo and it is very different from this world."

Luna, caught by surprise by the answer, quickly turned back to him. "Really, how so?" she then asked which caused him to have flashes, remembering a time when his mask had covered his entire face with the only holes being over his eyes. Another where he crossed the vast desert with no accomplices, and how he met Aizen and became an arroncar, followed by his fight with Ichigo. He lowered his head before closing his eyes. "I don't want to talk about it," he said. "there would be no point in explaining it all."

Luna had heard his answer, but didn't really believe his justification. To her, there was a certain tone in his voice that portrayed a kind of sadness and although the tone itself was faint, it was there for her to read which meant that something else was behind what he was saying, something bad that he felt it absolutely necessary to keep secret. She then decided to discard the topic for the time being. "I see." was her only verbal response.

She then remembered just a few days ago when she had discovered him with his helmet like mask and the hole in his chest. "When I found you, I was in shock at what I saw." she then said to him, instantly catching his attention. "There was a large hole in your chest and you were about to pass on." She said.

"I see." he said while noting that he still had the hole and mask upon entering this world. "Tell me how exactly you were able to find me."

Luna looked back up at the moon. "Well...I was at the castle in Canterlot," she said while pointing a hoof at a castle on the side of a mountain some distance away from Ponyville.

Ulquiorra glanced at the castle for a moment before looking at her again. "What was it that drove you to this place?"

"It was nearing the end of my royal duty of watching over the land during the night when I saw a faint stream of small white orbs coming from the moon just over the Everfree forest and seeming to disappear on the ground near this place so I decided that since it is my royal duty to watch over my subjects during the night, then I was to inspect it myself." she complied. "And when I had arrived, it was you who lay in the grass with torn cloths a strange helmet like object on your head, and a hole in your chest along with a deep gash that extended diagonally across your torso."

Ulquiorra turned his head to halfway face her. "I see." he said. So I was with my mask and the hole in my chest was still there when I appeared in this world. "Did you find a sword anywhere around me?" he then asked.

"Yes, there was such a weapon in your hand." She answered truthfully. "I took it and tucked it away for safe keeping."

He looked back to the moon. "I see." he said followed by another short pause. "I thank you for the company, but I prefer to be left alone for the time being, I see no point in conversing with you any further."

"Of course." She replied. "I must return to the castle anyway so if you need me, I will be there." She then turned her head as the horn on her head began to glow and a golden slip, which was enveloped in its own glow, had floated in his direction when she turned back to face him as he had turned to her. "Take this, it is a pass to the castle in Canterlot. Use this and your trip there will be payed for and you will be allowed inside the castle." She finished before opening her wings and flapping once.

Ulquiorra gently grabbed the slip as the glow around it disappeared. "I'll keep that in mind."

Luna then nodded once before taking to the air and flying off to the castle in Canterlot.
_______________________________________________________

The next day Ulquiorra had awakened from atop the library only opening his eyes and without any movement. He quickly realized that he had fallen asleep on the roof, where he spoke with Princess Luna only a few hours earlier as he slowly lifted his upper body to sit upright before standing a moment later and looking around. He saw that it was well within the day, nearing noon as many of Ponyville's inhabitants roamed the streets and he could hear a mixture of chatter from them as well as chirping from the birds that dominated the roof tops and skies. He turned to see no difference in the activities in the streets other than a certain pink pony who was hoping about in a ridiculous get up composing of a colorful gift box covering her body, diver's footwear over all four of her hooves, purple swirly shades, a novelty arrow hat on her head, and several instruments over her mouth. He didn't care about what it meant, nor did he want to figure out so he just left it at that and, at that moment, he noticed two pegasus ponies flying in his direction. He turned to see who they could have been and he recognized one of them with a rainbow mane and the other which he did not recognize in the least, a yellow pegasus with a long light pink mane and tail. "Hey new guy!" yelled out Rainbow.

Ulquiorra closed his eyes and steadily shook his head for a second before reopening them and staring at her in annoyance. "I already told you, my name is Ulquiorra."

Rainbow and the other pony landed in front of him just after he said that. "Yeah yeah, what ever." she said as she rolled her eyes while her head's movement matched that of her eyes'. "I just thought that since you're new here and all, then maybe you wouldn't mind making a few new friends." Rainbow replied while introducing a new topic. She then pointed a hoof at the yellow pegasus, who approached slowly. Rainbow turned back to the other pony. "This is that human guy I was telling you about Fluttershy." she said to her.

The yellow pegasus, Fluttershy, came closer to look at him. "Wow, a human." she said just before jumping into the air and hovering next to him. "I've never seen one in person before and he's so tall like princess Celestia."

"I'm not quite as tall as her, but why would you be amazed by the height of one's being?" he responded. "Compared to most humans, i'm nothing special in terms of height, but unless you have something important to tell me, then leave me immediately." he then demanded. "I see no point in discussing such trifling matters.

Fluttershy took a step back and her ears jumped back as the look in his eye sent chills down her spine. "Oh um...I'm sorry, I just wanted to..." she said weakly.

"I understand and appreciate your intentions, but I don't see any point in making friends for the time being." he explained. "Right now, I'm more focused on adjusting to this world, and for now, being alone will allow me to adjust more easily." he then said as he turned away,

Fluttershy backed away a few steps, out of shyness at first, but then her demeanor change to that of understanding. "Okay, I understand." she said. "Maybe another time then." she then stated in a way that almost sounded more like a question than a statement.

Ulquiorra stood there silently for a moment and the two pegasus ponies turned after a good 4 seconds as rainbow leaped up and hovered a few feet above the roof and crossing her front hooves. "Fine, I guess I'll just go hang at applejack's and get some cider." she grunted before taking off into the direction of a large apple orchard on the outskirts of Ponyville.

Fluttershy, however, wasn't as quick to leave as she walked a few steps away and unfolding her wings to take flight as her. "Perhaps..." Ulquiorra then said, causing her to stop and turn back to him with a look of surprise and somewhat relief. "...maybe when I've gotten more accustomed to this world." he finished.

Fluttershy smiled lighly. "Okay." she said again, but this time with a gleeful tone. A moment later, she turned back away and took off in a gentler and slower pace than most other pegasi that he had seen so far, yet that didn't matter to him.

After she left, Ulquiorra was once again by himself atop the roof of the library. His eyes were closed and he was deep in thought, still trying to asses the current situation, what with being in a world, very foreign to him. "I must do my best to avoid making any connections when I know so little about this world and its inhabitants." he said to himself out loud. He then looked up at the castle on the cliff side Although, I cannot shake this feeling strange feeling inside of me. One which seems to have emerged from the small amount of time I have spent in this world. Is it the polar opposite of the emptiness I felt while in Huaco Mundo? he then thought.

He then looked down to his pocket as he pulled out the golden slip that Luna had given to him the night before. "Take this, it is a pass to the castle in Canterlot. Use this and your trip there will be payed for and you will be allowed inside the castle." he remembered Luna saying to him as she gave him the slip.

He continued to stare at it for a moment. Either way, it may be a good idea to go to that castle in order to acquire my zanpakuto as well as more information about this place.

Comments ( 6 )

Thanks guys, I'm taking a break right now on the story because I'm about to move into my uncle's place but as soon as I get settled Ill start back up on the next chapter!

I sure hope that when Ulquiorra gets his Zanpakutō, things won't go misinterpreted! Awesome work! Keep it up and update soon!

do you still work on this story?

5652016 to be honest, not nearly as much as I should be :(

Login or register to comment