• Published 20th Mar 2014
  • 2,382 Views, 38 Comments

Heart - Akatsuki God



What happened after Ulquiorra's supposed death. Did he really fade into nothingness? Or did something else, far more elaborate happen to him.

  • ...
10
 38
 2,382

Chapter 2: Welcome Ulquiorra

After the princess who called herself Celestia had greeted him in the hospital, Ulquiorra began to rule out that he was still within the known area of existence to him for he knew next to nothing of this place other than it was similar to another realm which Ichigo had been from which he called the world of the living although it was still easily distinguishable do to what appeared to be its dominant inhabitants being magical ponies that didn't exist in the world of the living and the feeling of warmth and the presence of vibrant colors alone was more than enough to convince him that he was no longer in the world he had come from which was know as Huaco Mundo.

He left the hospital with his white clothing which had a large tare running all the way down the front of his shirt that exposed his chest and abdomen and half of his right sleeve torn off. He went without the information of the whereabouts of his sword and frankly at this point, he didn't care about it as he went for a mid day stroll to look around and familiarize himself with the area and during his walk he had discovered that the hospital was well within the city limits of a small town with its main inhabitants being multi colored horses which didn't come as a surprise to him as he passed many of them as he caught the curious stares of most of them. He looked from side to side as he walked noticing the stares. "I should have expected as much." he said to himself. "These ponies behave almost exactly like the humans in the world of the living." he said as he came to a stop.

He then stared ahead at a pink figure that rapidly approached him in a cloud of dust. When the figure stopped and the dust cleared, he noticed, without flinching, that the pink figure was another pony with pink fur and a curly mane with a darker shade of pink who had a rather serious expression plastered on her face. She stared at him with her brows furrowed as her expression darkened gradually while she moved her head closer to him and began to rub a hoof under her chin as she closely inspected his face before looking down and crouching on her fore legs to see his shoes and maintaining her seriousness before popping out from behind his shoulder and raising his arm and fiddling with his sleeve, holding out her lower lip now with one eye brow raised before releasing his arm and trotting back in front of him and looking up to his face once more. Her frown then quickly turned into a large smile which stretched almost from ear to ear. "Hi!" she said excitedly. "I've never seen you before which must mean you're new here because I know everyone and I mean everyone in Ponyville, well except you because you're new and all but wait, if you're new here, then you must not have any friends which must be sad because everyone needs friends because without friends you'll be so lonely, oh, I know, I'll throw you a welcome to Ponyville party!" The then said on a single breath. "Then you could make some new friends and then you won't be so lonely!" She then finished as the stood on her back hooves with her fore hooves raised into the air before disappearing in a cloud of smoke with the exact same shape and size as her in the same pose before slowly dispersing into the air around it.

He continued to stare at her as she sped off into the distance. "What a strange world this is." He said as he put his hands into his pockets as he continued his walk for a few seconds before stopping again and looking up into the air. "I don't believe I've met a human quite like that." he then said. He continued to stare as the day continued to pass and, after a moment he took his eyes back to the road as he continued through the town.

After some time had passed, he had learned the name of the town to be Ponyville and had just decided to head to the public library to gather more information about this world and its inhabitants. Information based on its history, the culture and customs of the ponies, the laws that have been passed to the ponies, military and political leaders of this realm, even the medical anatomy the ponies would help and with that in mind, he could remember quite clearly that he had seen the library during his walk and he could easily remember the fastest way to get to it from where he currently was which shouldn't take long given the small size of the town. "Oh darling!" came another feminine voice from the left of him, causing him to turn his head to see where the voice came from, although without even a hint of surprise expressed in his face or uttering a single word. "Where did you get that fabulous outfit?" the random voice then said as Ulquiorra recognized the source as yet another pony which had white fur and a well groomed purple mane, he then notice the building in which she walked out of that had several pony shaped mannequins that lined the large windows.

"You're a fashionista?" he asked in a why that seemed more like a statement than a question.

The pony then smiled with a sparkle in her eyes. "Why yes, I do suppose I am, but you darling have such a divine taste in your attire!" she then replied while complementing his cloths. He then turned fully, allowing her to see what damage had been done to his clothes and with a gasp, she covered her mouth with a hoof as her expression changed from that of awe to one of grief and horror. "Oh my, what on earth happened?" she then asked.

Ulquiorra stared at her for a moment. "I fell." were the only two words that came to mind when the pony started at him.

"I'm sorry, but I simply can not allow such a horrid mistake go uncorrected!" she then stated out of pride and sympathy for his damaged clothes. "You simply must come in and have me fix it for you! I won't even charge you." she said before pointing a hoof at the door which had opened on it's own after a magical aura had surrounded her horn.

Ulquiorra complied, although he couldn't ignore what he had just saw. Did that door just open on its own? he then asked himself in his mind. How interesting, it must have been a special power that this pony possesses he then thought as he walked though the door. I may just have to keep an eye on this one just to be safe. he then noted mentally before the door had closed.
________________________________________

"Pinkie, I thought you said that this was an emergency." Said a purple pony with the same wings and horn as the two princesses. She had face-hoofed in annoyance as she gritted her teeth.

"But this is an emergency!" Responded the pink pony that encountered Ulquiorra in town earlier.

The two of them were inside of a small circular public library, which had a wooden floor and walls with built in book shelves also mad of wood. It was a two story building with the foot of the stairs were almost directly across from the front door. "Agh, I have no time for this!" She spoke loudly although without yelling. She sighed after a short pause which allowed her to calm herself. "Look, Pinkie, I understand that some pony had just moved in and that he needs to make a few friends in order to become comfortable." She then said. "And I would like to meet him, but you of all ponies should know I'm far too busy planning for the Summer Sun Celebration, which is only three days away."

The pink pony, Pinkie, as called by the purple alicorn sat on the floor, staring confusedly, as if to make out wether or not she was being serious, but by the end of her sentence she realized that she was not joking and stood up in a giggle, covering her mouth with a foreleg. "Pony, who said anything about a pony?" She then said in amusement.

This threw the purple alicorn into confusion as she tilted her head and furrowed one brow followed by a typical "huh?" She scratched the back of her head and blinked. "Then what is he, a griffin?" She then asked.

"Nope!" Pinkie said flatly.

"Is it a mule?" She then asked as her curiosity was beginning to rise.

"Nope!" Pinkie said again with her continued amusement.

"A menitor?" She continued.

"Nope!"

"Is it a-"

"Nope!" Pinkie then said while maintaining her smile which only grew to almost stretch from ear to ear.

"Then it's a-"

"Nope, it's not a centor, manticore, dragon, zebra, cow, changeling, buffalo, pegasus, unicorn, alicorn, or a princess."

"Pinkie, we already ruled out that it wasn't a unicorn, pegasus, or an alicorn when you said that he wasn't a pony and a princess is a female and also an alicorn so why did you even bring that up?" the purple alicorn then questioned with her annoyance returning to her.

Pinkie stared at her quizzically for a half second. "Bring what up?" she asked which caused the purple alicorn to face hoof for a second time. "A princess!" she the yelled. She then took another moment to calm herself, closing her eyes as she engaged in another sigh and upon exhaling, she opened her eyes. "It doesn't matter, just please tell me what he is exactly." she then pleaded.

"Oh yeah, I think he was a-" the door opened, stopping pinkie mid sentence and catching her attention. Seeing as she lived just upstairs above the public library, the purple alicorn was used to the occasional pony walk in and about to check out or return a book, so she didn't look right away, although Pinkie's expression was one of surprise as the purple alicorn continued to ask what Ulquiorra was.

"Pinkie, what's wrong with you, I just asked you a simple ques-"

"Good evening, this is the public library if I am not mistaken, I would like to gather information about this place." came a very calm and distinctive voice which Pinkie easily recognized from earlier while the other pony hadn't recognized the voice, causing her to turn to see who it was. When she saw him her eyes widened in surprise and disbelief. "No it can't be..." she then said to her self. "Are you...a human?"

Ulquiorra was caught off guard by the sudden question and for a moment he only stared back at her before feeling at his chest which led him to remember that the hole there was now gone and that his mask had also disappeared. He then closed his eyes for a moment as he silently took a breath through his nose. he then lowered his head and almost let it hang for a moment as he reopened his eyes and looked back to her. "Yes." he lied. "I suppose I am."

This response caused an uproar of excitement inside of the purple alicorn which stared with a quick gasp as her wings shot open although without her taking flight. Ulquiorra had a feeling that he would receive such reaction eventually although he didn't expect it to be as surprised. "Oh my gosh, a human has just walked into my library. This is so exciting." she hen said as she rotted towards i'm to get a closer look at him as he stood still with the unwavering lifelessness that made up his facial expression as his hands rested in his pockets. "I always thought hey were just an old pony tail until now but-"

He lifted his arm and pointed directly at her which silenced her and caused her to stop in her tracks. "Are you a princess?" he then asked her abruptly.

"Oooh, he's good." pinkie commented.

It was then that a small purple dragon with several green scales lining his back, abdomen, and form a mo hawk like pattern on his head then walked down the stares holding a light blue blanket. "Could you keep it down in here, how am i supposed to read my comics with all this racket?" he raised his voice in annoyance before his demeanor suddenly changed from annoyed to curiosity. "Uh Twilight, who's he?" he then asked.

Ulquiorra looked up to see the dragon, but he soon froze for a brief moment before stepping away from the and stopping just to the side of it with his back to the wall as pinkie's tail had appeared to twitch. At that point a faint scream began to emerge from outside of the library which rapidly grew louder and loud before the two ponies and the one dragon had braced themselves for a crash that they expected to happen within the next second or so. The awaited crash however did not come which led them to open their eyes to look at what had happened. What they saw was a cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane stuck upside down in mid air with a close mouthed and wide eyed face which they soon found out the Ulquiorra's arm was extended and his hand had a firm grip on one of her back legs without even the slightest change to his own expression. The rainbow pony blinked before gravity finally took affect and made her drop to the ground with a loud thud.

It was then that Ulquiorra let go of her and she had lifted up her head. She began to rub the back of it with clenched teeth and a closed eye. "Agh, my head!" she grunted from her soreness. "What the hay was that for?" she then asked Twilight out of annoyance.

Twilight only stared wide eyed at Ulquiorra with her jaw practically touching the ground without a reply. "Uh, it wasn't Twilight that stopped you mid air." The dragon said to her. "Besides, shouldn't you be glad that you didn't slam into the wall again, cause I sure am." he then said off topic.

"Never mind that." she then said. "If it wasn't Twilight, then who was it, they guy behind me?" she asked out of sarcasm.

The dragon just pointed behind her with a blank facial expression. "Uh, yeah, pretty much."

At that, she continued to stare at him for a moment before turning around with her head facing slightly down as she had expected another pony to be standing there, but to her surprise, it was figure of Ulquiorra who was taller than most of the ponies he had seen thus far. When she fully turned , she had to raise her head a little in order to look him in the eye, however in the middle of doing so, she found it rather difficult to keep her curiosity at bay. "Wow!" She nearly yelled as she jumped back. "What the, where did you come from?" she demanded.

"Ulquiorra only continued to stare, offering the moment a brief silence before speaking. "I am a human." he replied. "but I don't see exactly how that would concern you." he then rudely commented.

This caused an uproar within the rainbow maned pony as she jumped into the air and began to flap her wing to hover a good three or four feet off the ground with a look of annoyance toppled with the intent to scare him. "Hey, who do you think I am?" she asked as she very nearly pushed her face into his.

And without so much as a flinch, he looked her dead in the eye with a certain unease that would almost cause one to collapse under their own weight. "You are an insignificant flying horse knows not when to silence herself when need be." he said flatly. The lack of a smile or crack in his current demeanor showed them that he wasn't playing around and that he meant what he said.

The rainbow pony flu back a little, trying to recollect her thoughts with her eyes narrowed and her blood beginning to boil. "What did you call m-"

"Well I can see that you are a bit unsettled." Twilight abruptly interupted her and jumped in between them as Ulquiorra continued to glare at the rainbow pony. "so how about I get you something to drink Mr...."

"Ulqiorra...and tea would be nice, thank you." he replied, then turning to pinkie. "And as for the party you initially offered, I would prefer not to have such a festivity." he then requested. "I find them rather annoying."