• Published 7th Mar 2014
  • 5,159 Views, 71 Comments

Spilight Scenarios - Thebravenorse



Short Spilight scenarios written by me! All under 1,000 words!

  • ...
12
 71
 5,159

{Romance/Sad/Slice of Life} A single Tear

A Single Tear

Spike walked the halls of Canterlot castle, holding a tray in one of his claws. 10years after the events of Ponyville Spike had stayed with Twilight and when she moved to Canterlot, to be closer to her job, Spike moved with her. Soon he became the personal butler for Princess Twilight Sparkle. I mean who else would she have picked for the job? Spike was her best friend, so of course she would pick him. And that was... 5... years ago now. Spike was happy with his life, but wasn't very content with it also. Sometimes he would lay awake at night thinking of Twilight. But not in the friendship way, but in the romantic kind of way. He knew it was wrong, but he couldn't help himself. She was just so beautiful. *sigh* So I guess that you could say Spike wanted to be more than just friends with twilight... he wanted to hold her, care for her, and love her more than as a friend.

'But she would never feel the same way anyway'. A lone tear fell from his eye.

'Would she?'....

* * *

Twilight sat in her room alone. The newest Princess sighed looking down at a picture of her beloved dragon friend Spike in her hoofs. It was a picture they took years ago, when the two of them had visited Prance for government business. After all the government talks and the paperwork she and Spike went to the Eiffel tower. There they had lunch and took this picture. She remembered Spike being so scared of falling off the edge, that he grabbed onto her neck, fearing that if he let go he would fall.

Twilight giggled at the memory. But her happiness left almost as quickly as it appeared.

She missed the old days. Back when the girls where around and her, Spike, and them would just hangout like normal pony's. Back in the days where paperwork didn't take over her life. Back in the days when she could just read for pleasure (would you believe that she hasn't read a book for the fun of it in over a year!?) Back in the days when she and Spike would just go outside, watch the stars, and dream...

But they don't do that anymore. Work had consumed there lives and there friendship. It was sad but true. She loved Spike with all her heart, and in the last few years she had started to love him in another way. A... romantic way. She would stay awake at night thinking of the kind, loving, sweet, loyal, handsome drake. He was her oldest friend and for years she forgot that. But now she wanted to be something more. She wanted to be his... lover.


*Sigh* 'But he would never feel the same'. A single tear fell from her eye.

'Would he?'...

* * *

Spike opened the door to Twilight's room. The mare looked up from the picture, to see the dragon that she loved standing in the doorway. A tear was running down his cheek. That single tear spoke volumes. It told her of a sad heart, having to lie everyday just to keep a secret from the one he loved. It told her of a pain far worse than any wound from battle. It told her that he felt the same way about her. That he had been keeping his feelings hidden, because of fear of rejection.
.
The same fear that she felt.

Spike looked down at the mare that had stolen his heart. There in her hoofs was a picture. A picture of them. Together. Spike remembered that day. They had just gotten back from a government meeting and where off to lunch. Spike would had never dreamed of eating on top of the Eiffel tower in his lifetime. But somehow Twilight has pulled some strings. He remembered being so scared of the height that he held onto Twilight's neck for protection. That was long before he had grown wings.

Also what Spike saw was a lone tear falling down Twilight's face. The tear spoke volumes. It told him of a sad heart, having to lie everyday just to keep a secret from the one she loved. It told him of a pain far worse than any wound from battle. It told him that she felt the same way about him. That she had been keeping her feelings hidden, because of fear of rejection.

The same fear that he felt.

No words where spoken. There was no need for words. It was clear that they loved each-other and that they have wanted to be together for along-time. But fear and work keep them separated. But no longer!

Twilight jumped up and ran to Spike, dropping the picture, as it smashed to pieces. It didn't matter however, because that memory was in the past. Now they had forever together to make new ones.

Spike ran to Twilight, dropping the tray in his claws. It didn't matter however, because that job was in the past. Now he was no-longer the butler to Princess Twilight Sparkle. He was her consort, her dragonfriend, her... lover.

The new couple hugged and cried into each-others embrace. Years spent on work and fear, could had been years spent on love and happiness. But that was fine. Because all that mattered right now was the future.

And the future looked wonderful.

Author's Note:

OK... wow.
I'm really proud of this scenario. I hope you all enjoy it.
Also this is not a finale draft. I do need to go back over it latter. :)