• Published 7th Mar 2014
  • 2,723 Views, 17 Comments

A Letter from the Past - The P Co



How long have Luna and Celestia been around? Centuries? Millenia? Millions, maybe billons of years? A simple letter written to Luna will reveal a forgotten past.

  • ...
7
 17
 2,723

Domination through Strength

-Tales of the Adventures-

So now here I am, too old to do battle with enough efficacy to do my duty, forced to learn magic shit.

I always hated the magic classes, they think they're soooooo powerful, well spells and fancy rituals can only get you so far, ya squishy bastards, in order to survive you need high STR and CON stats, lots of HP

Right now, at Level 20 Knight, I have an unbelievable 2500HP, enough to just about survive a single glancing blow from Thor's hammer.

Cleric powers are the only ones I trust, as my goddess is Chaotic Good, she doesn't bullshit me with omens and signs, she gives it straight and simple.

Chaotic Good can be best summed up by the statement "I'll do what I must to protect the land, even if that means destroying some of it."

Lawful Good is "I do out of my own will what others do out of fear of the law."

Neutral Good "I do what's best, and sometimes the world just doesn't know what's best for it."

Lawful Neutral "My goals do not coincide with yours, therefore I will neither help nor hinder you."

True Neutral "I answer to no thing and no person, I am the only one who's on my side."

Chaotic Neutral "I do what I want, when I want, how I want, why I want, and whoever doesn't like it can swerve away and fuck right off."

Lawful Evil "Just because I'm evil doesn't mean I can't follow the rules, I'll take over the world, but I'll do it the right way."

Neutral Evil "Morals mean nothing, I have desires to satisfy!"

Chaotic Evil "If you even think about crossing me, I will come down from the sky and tear your whole world apart."

Sorry, I went off on a tangent there, anyways, so the Cleric magics are the only ones I trust, and I think that while magic invokes weakness of body, it can play a supporting role in melee fights.

I am still a Knight first, and a magic user fifth, second is a leader, third is a man, and fourth is a religious person.

So Knight, leader, man, religious person, and magic user, in that order, going down the list from most important to least.

Still, my goddess tho.

Damn she's beautiful, I've consumed a keg of dwarven ale, so my words may seem choppy and nonsensical, but I speak more from my heart when I'm drunk.

The old days were just too much damn fun, but sadly I've had to hang up the biggest of swords in favor of some Castle Defense with the Void Zweihander for a while, my 6' long sword.

---

Luna closed the book, blushing brightly at skimming the next few pages and finding several raunchy details of things Luke wanted to do.

"So I'm here, what are you going to do then?" she demanded, addressing the statue again.

The statue merely stood there, like it would if it was a statue, which it was.

"I will not accept silence, I can tell that you are not really dead, so ANSWER ME!" the Royal Canterlot Voice boomed throughout the room, she looked up past the statue's head to finally see the ceiling.

It was covered in pictures of her human form, life-sized recreations, several of them, each of different poses and from different angles.

"I look amazing," the blue alicorn said in awe, looking at the next one.

The top one was of her holding a massive katana-type sword in one hand, the blade seemed about seven feet long, with a black blade that she detected was obsidian, and a sanctified silver body.

Her other hand held the Silver Skull, there were two pictures, the 'sword out' one, and one where the sword sagged to the ground in her dropped hand, the Silver Skull hand holding the aforementioned relic to her forehead.

The lunar diarch cast out a powerful detection spell, a small panel fixated to one area of wall began glowing, indicating something was weird about it.

She flew up and removed the panel and found a large brown burlap bag tied up by a thin golden rope.

Taking the bag with her hoof, she opened it and dumped out the contents.

The Silver Skull, the Tidal Speed amulet (which looked like a single wave of the ocean), the Divinity amulet, the Streaking Glass amulet, a much fancier black tiara, which she took up in her hoof.

Her current tiara was small and less than a proper testament to her powerful rank.

This new one was larger, stronger, with spiked arches and a much larger, brighter crescent moon.

The Domain Tiara, she equipped it onto her head.

--

When Luna came to, a check of the Time Orb told her she had been out for a few minutes.

Her mind was filled with new information, or was it old information?

A few health check-ups told her that she'd never had a hymen, not even when she was born, had it really gone to making that massive shield?

She had divine power and authority over a list of things: the Moon, the Night, dreams, oceans, ice, lightning, the ground, darkness, the Void, necrotic power, plenty of magics, tons of melee skills, and Guardianism, the concept of protecting others out of self-given obligations.

"I am Luna Nightstone, goddess of the Moon, among many things, you are Luke Lustrous, my Paladin, you have great divine favor, it is a shame that my reincarnation as a demi-goddess did not remember such things until now," she said to him, her voice slightly deeper and much more stable, she sounded a lot more mature this way.

The skull, the three amulets, a half-smoked glass doll that represented evanescence, the tiara was on her head, the katana and staff were nowhere to be found, the shield was in the statue's hand, an empty bottle in the shape of a large Z, a rectangular device with strings coming out of it that she identified to be some sort of cellphone with earbuds plugged in, and finally a pair of glasses.

She looked at these, the lenses were dark cyan, the frames were silver, and the little screws and arm-pads were black, they looked relatively normal.

Looking normal and being normal were two different things, Luna knew, and her new swarm of knowledge told her the truth.

Nightmare Vision, a pair of glasses that made one twice as large with five times as much power, however they could be worn for no more than a minute and left the user on the brink of total exhaustion when removed.

"I wonder... no, I will not go down that road again." Luna dropped the glasses to the floor.

She flew up to the helmet of the statue, scrutinizing it, as a whole, it seemed more like a ponnequin than a statue, the armor hung far too naturally for even the most masterful of sculptors, but it was just too weird.

Luna felt increasingly uneasy as time passed on with this mysterious construct, she would call it a construct until further information could be gathered.

Grasping the helmet with the need to test something, she pulled up.

The helmet slid off, revealing the face of the Paladin.

He indeed had deep, dark blue eyes, cream-colored skin, and long white hair that held black sparkles, it looked like it had once been short-cut. but had been allowed to grow a bit.

Overall it looked something like that celebrity who played Captain Equestria.

His ears were orcish, with pointed ends on both the top curves and lobes of both of them.

Her uneasiness only grew as she stared at his deadpanned face.

"I know not what you wished to do when you sent me that letter all those years ago, but I will find out," she vowed, almost wanting the statue to respond as she flew around the room on the search.

--

"Let's see, this looks interesting," the blue alicorn mused as she levitated over a scroll tied up with a ribbon printed with a music-bar pattern.

Unfurling it, she found it was a song.

A sound illusion spell came from the scroll, playing it.

Daylight's End

Ask not the sun, why she sets

Why she shrouds her light away?

Or why she hides her glowing gaze?

When night turns crimson, gold, to gray

For silent falls the guilty sun.
As day to dark does turn
One simple truth, she dare not speak
Her light can only blind and burn

No mercy for guilty
Bring down liars and tyranny

Blood so silver, black by night
Upon their faces, pale white

...

Cruel Moon, bring the end
The dawn will never rise again.

---

"The moon will rise... the night will last forever," she read, remembering the words clearly.

Those were the very last words she said to her sister before their battle a thousand years ago.

"I will not be a nightmare again," she said angrily to the statue, "You won't influence me into becoming that again!" she shouted, on the verge of lashing out.

This... thing merely stared at her, it had done nothing to garner her wrath.

"*sob* Oh why can't I just accept that I have a follower?" it was hard being considered 'the lesser of the two sisters', especially when that meant that most ponies would prefer, even in the middle of the night, to see Celestia rather than herself.

"I'm sorry, *sniff*, you are one of the scant few that deserve my kindness, and I've crushed up your trust and faith and thrown it back in your face, I'm sorry," she apologized, her mental stability crumbling.

Hugging the construct around its large, muscular midsection, she cried for several minutes.

--

"Wait, why am I being such a weak-ass little bitch about this?" she finally asked herself, looking at the construct's face, "What that your plan all along? To break me down so that my weakness could drain away? It must be, I wish you could have told me that, but I suppose if you did, then it wouldn't have worked," the lunar diarch deduced, smiling, "Thank you, I've needed that, something to shock me back into my rightful place, the position of a true princess."

She turned from the statue, now that she knew where this place was, she could teleport here.

Granted she could have done that before, but it was risky, as she could have ended up appearing in the middle of stone

The statue said nothing to her as she teleported away, because it was a fucking statue, that hadn't changed in the last half-hour.

-Back at Canterlot-

Luna appeared in her bedchambers, the first thing she did was check the time, it was almost time for dawn, so it was time for Celestia to wake up.

Flying out of the window again, the lunar diarch flew to her sister's tower, entering through the window.

*creeeeeeeak* went the window's hinges.

"Sister, wake up, it is time for the dawn," the blue alicorn announced, prodding the solar diarch harshly.

"Mmm... mhmm?" Celestia was barely awake, she didn't want to get up.

"If you can't get up in time, then I guess the night can last longer, seeing as how the day seems to be lazy," Luna was about to depart when Celestia shot up in her bed, scrambled over to Luna, grabbed her cheeks, and looked into her eyes.

"...... sister GET OFF MY FACE!" Luna rebuked, slapping the white alicorn away.

"Okay, good, you're not Nightmare Moon again," Celestia sighed in relief.

Luna stopped for a second, letting the implications of that statement make themselves known in her head.

"Do you really trust me so little that when I joke about the night lasting a little longer, you immediately think that I've returned to being Nightmare Moon?" the blue alicorn interrogated, sounding very angry.

The key to being Chaotic Good was to know when to and when to not act on impulse, and Celestia just acted on impulse when she shouldn't have.

"I... uh..." in all her three thousand years of life experience, Celestia never prepared herself from such a question.

"Because it sounds like you really have a depressing lack of faith in me, I know someone who is faithful to me beyond even death itself, and yet an old dead guy trusts me more than my own flesh-and-blood sister? That doesn't seem right," Luna reprimanded, backing her sister against the wall.

"Who have you met that said that?" Celestia asked, a bit nervous

"His name was once famous across all of the world, but is now just a whisper in the wind, a whisper that I have heard," the lunar diarch explained, staring hard at her cowering sister.

"Luna, what did I say about listening to the voices in your head?" the white alicorn stood up again, trying to salvage some control over the situation.

"It is not a voice in my head. Listen to me, if you refuse to communicate on my level, Celestia, I will communicate on yours," Luna's horn flared up with magic.

"Luna, what has happened to you?" Celestia shrank back in fear.

"I gained a mighty power, the power of self-respect, I will not be treated like a second-class noble any longer," the blue alicorn proclaimed, summoning her personal items.

Luna's Zanbato and the Crescent Staff.

"I demand only respect and love, both of which I rightly deserve," the younger sibling informed, setting her sword and staff down.

"I... I understand, but it is out of my power to make the ponies love you more," Celestia admitted, looking down in fear.

"Well then, I want an apology," Luna decided, it was better to have something than nothing.

"An apology for wha-" *SMACK*

"You DAMN WELL know WHAT, I want an apology for the countless times that you've proved that you just don't trust me,"

"I... I can't, Luna, what has caused you to act this way? You're much more chaotic and impulsive, I advise that you stop going down this path, because I fear that along the way you'll revert back to Nightma-" *SMACK*

"I am NOT impulsive, and I smacked you because you're being STUPID, and I'm not EVIL! I will not go down the path of Nightmare Moon again, this new path is one that will lead to righteous glory." Luna sternly corrected.

"What, though, Luna, has caused this sudden change of heart?" the white alicorn insisted.

"Who, not what, Celestia, and he is faithful to me beyond even death, I visited his tomb, and therein I found confidence, confidence that I will not let be marred by a lack of rightfully deserved respect," the lunar diarch explained, dismissing her sword and holding her staff out

"Luna, listen to me, I forbid you from visiting this tomb again, it is instilling a great madness in you, you've never acted like this before," the solar diarch stood again, stepping forward slightly.

Luna backed away slowly, glaring at her sister harshly.

"Celestia Morningstar," Celestia cringed at hearing her full name, "If you want to end up like mother, then keep acting like her," Luna threatened, her magic at the ready.

Celestia froze in place, she knew what had happened to their mother, one day she simply vanished, leaving nothing but memories behind.

Luna backed away to the window and got into a hover, "I will continue to visit the tomb as I see fit, you do not know where it is and you cannot stop me from teleporting away," to prove her point, Luna teleported away.

-Back at the tomb-

Luna appeared in a flash of dark blue energy and a cloud of stardust.

She looked up at the statue, "I did it, Luke, I did it, I gave Celestia a piece of my mind, she's probably too afraid to bother me anymore." the teal-eyed mare gushed giddily, "Thank you for giving me the confidence to do that, you really are the best follower I ever had."

The blue alicorn. flew up to look at the ceiling, admiring the artwork of her in a human form, "I wonder..." she pondered, putting a hoof to her chin in thought, "It can't hurt to try," she decided.

Her magic flared up again, and suddenly her body was covered in dark blue light.

The energy whirled around her, changing her shape as she slowly floated to the ground.

Dark blue magic exploded from her, revealing her transformed body.

Luna was in human form, looking the same as the pictures she had seen.

"Wonderful, it worked," she said, admiring her body first-hand.

Her frame was slender but strong, her whole body felt like a layer of fine silk over solid steel.

Relishing all of the new feelings, the pale-skinned woman felt her powers adjusting to her new body, giving her a rushing sensation that made her feel satisfied.

There was no horn on her head anymore, but her left hand had the full moon on the back, the right had a new moon on the back.

She stood five feet and nine inches, just like the Paladin had written.

Her wings were still present and fully functional, though she lacked a cloak like the picture in the book, she still wore the sleeveless dress like in the ceiling pictures, in trailed down to a diagonally cut bottom, so the left side went down to her ankles while the right side only went down to just below her knee.

The cold stone floor did not deter her, nor did the chilling air, she was immune to such things.

"Well, my wonderful Paladin, I am in my original form, the one you so lovingly detailed, so tell me, what have you to say to me?" she asked.

The statue didn't respond, as it was still a fucking statue, that hadn't changed in the past ten minutes.

Author's Note:

so, next chapter soon, then the final chapter.

I write this with passion

I love you all.

Remember: do drugs, stay out of school, don't eat vegetables, and don't listen to me when I write the outros.