• Published 9th Mar 2014
  • 2,930 Views, 28 Comments

Transformers: War for Equestria - Awesomo3000



After "Fall of Cybertron", the Autobots and Decepticons become stranded on a strange planet called Equestria. The Autobots make friends with the Mane Six while the Decepticons wish to destroy Equestria and harness its energy.

  • ...
4
 28
 2,930

Prologue

My name is Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots. We are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron.

Our homeplanet was once a peaceful and serene world, until one inhabitant took that all away. A mighty gladiator from the pits of Kaon, by the name of Megatron. He had great strength, countless victories and adoring followers, yet he craved more. Eventually insanity and an undying lust for power consumed him and provoked him to build a destructive army. One of which he called the Decepticons.

And so began the war. Between the Autobots, who fought for our planet's freedom, and the Decepticons, who destroyed all in their path for tyranny.

Many of our brethren perished during the endless conflict, both ally and opponent. The combat became more desperate and Megatron progressively proved himself incapable of amending his ways. Finally he injected the very core of our planet with Dark Energon, a corruptive counterpart to the lifeblood of all Cybertronians. With no hope for survival, we Autobots ultimately chose to evacuate our dying home. We constructed a vessel from one of our cargo haulers to carry us all, in hopes of finding a new home among the stars: a transport which we called the Ark.

But Megatron and his forces refused to permit our exodus and attempted to destroy our only hope of leaving. During my mission to hinder his plans, I came across a new ally of great size, one who had been in the form of our own space station for quite some time: the Autobot titan, Metroplex.

His limitless strength managed to stand against the Decepticon forces and finally extinguish Megatron's spark. As a result, his traitorous second-in-command Starscream immediately proclaimed himself the new leader of the Decepticons.

Despite our victory, it cost us all the Energon that had been saved for the Ark. In order to find more and quickly, the Autobots Cliffjumper and Jazz journeyed to our planet's barren wasteland, the Sea of Rust. They sought assistance from the Lightning Strike Coalition Force, an Autobot team of great brutality and strength led by their extremely aggressive leader Grimlock. They had mysteriously sneaked out of the Autobot base and ventured out to this harsh environment, for reasons unknown. Excluding the massacred remains of Sludge, the other team members were not found. But our search was not all for naught, as Jazz and Cliffjumper discovered an entire reservoir filled with pure Energon, being safeguarded by the Decepticon scientist Shockwave. We attempted to transport it back to the Ark for additional fuel but Starscream and his army aimed to seize it back. However Starscream's poor strategic skills resulted in the mission being jeopardised and the half of the Energon supply being destroyed.

Then an unexplicable thing happened. Megatron returned to life and reclaimed his position as Decepticon leader. How this happened is indefinite but we do know that Starscream fled, swearing revenge.

For reasons previously unknown, Megatron journeyed to the crash-landing site of the Decepticons' comatose titan warrior, Trypticon, in order to obtain his power core and use it as an energy source. Despite our best efforts to prevent his goal, Megatron eventually found him and constructed his damaged body into a new transportation vessel: the Nemesis.

As the Ark finally prepared to launch in the final days of Cybertron, we received word from allies who we feared dead: Grimlock and his teammates. He informed us of Megatron's plans: that Shockwave was opening up a Space Bridge portal to another world, rich with raw energy. I ordered him and his team to return back to base so that we could face this situation together. But Grimlock refused, vowing to terminate the Space Bridge controls by himself. He succeeded but in spite of his accomplishment, the portal began to become unstable. Whether Grimlock and his team are alive or not is currently unknown.

The situation was desperate. At this rate, the portal would close before we even got there. We needed to launch quickly. So Metroplex made the ultimate sacrifice: he powered up the Ark's engines with the last of his spark. The launch was successful, though at the cost of his own life.

As the Ark began to near the portal, the Decepticons unfortunately caught up and began their assault. They attempted to sabotage the Ark's engines and fuel tanks but we Autobots fought back against the attacks. The conflict was nearly endless. However before the winning side could be determined, both ships were sucked into the unstable portal which finally closed behind us. The Space Bridge transported both our vessels to the world it was locked onto.

An unknown planet called Equestria.

This world will not be ready for our war. Or our warriors. But we have come. The fate of our race and the future of this planet shall be decided here.


The noise was deafening.

The wailing sirens. Parts of the Ark being ripped away by the force of the portal’s suction. Ratchet’s audio receptors stung as the geriatric Autobot pulled himself to his feet, leaning on the corridor wall for support. The Ark had managed to stop spinning but the rest of the commotion was thunderous. As if those sounds weren’t enough, the rapid metal thud of Cliffjumper’s approaching running footsteps only added to his headache.

“Ratchet, Jazz told me that Bruticus destroyed the fuel tanks and one of the Ark’s thrusters took a beating from the Space Bridge!” the red Autobot yelled over the clamour, “We gotta get off the ship now!”

“What happened to Bumblebee?” Ratchet shouted back, still clutching his head.

“Troops brought him inside. He’s alive, but just barely!” came the reply.

“And Optimus?”

“Last time I saw him, he went on deck to fight Megatron! They must’ve gotten lost when the ships were sucked into the portal!” Just as he’d finished, the Autobot Jetfire sprinted up to them, his feet grinding against the metal floor as he skidded to a halt.

“I flew around the exterior of the ship! No sign of Optimus or Megatron!” he cried over the blaring noise of the flashing sirens. A wave of horror sweep through Ratchet's body; what could have happened? Was Optimus out there, lost in the empty void of space? Had he been torn apart by the force of the unstable portal? That last thought was the one the medic dreaded the most.

“But I did see that we’re near the planet the Space Bridge was set for, so there’s a good chance he might have landed there!” the flying Autobot continued, raising his voice to make himself heard over all the noise. Mentally sighing with both relief and hope, Ratchet remembered what Cliffjumper had said about the Ark’s broken thruster.

“Cliffjumper, Jetfire, gather the remaining Autobots and meet me at the escape pods!” he ordered, “If Optimus is hopefully alive, we’re going to find him!”