• Published 6th Mar 2014
  • 668 Views, 4 Comments

Feathermane the Breezie - timeblitz



Fluttermane had hid in Fluttershy's house until every pony left. Now she might get to stay here instead of going back. After all nopony would miss her, right?

  • ...
2
 4
 668

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Feathermane awoke in a cold sweat. She shook her head trying to figure out what had just happened. Luna had visited her in her dream and told her that the nightmare had held a message. Feathermane was pretty sure she had figured it out but wasn't sure. She looked over to see Fluttershy was sound asleep. She hadn't woken her up.

Feathermane grabbed the thimble of water Fluttershy had set out for her. She gulped it down to sooth her dry throat. She set down the makeshift cup and flew over to the bathroom. Fluttershy had a little bowl of water for Feathermane set out on the counter. She touched the water with her hooves and found it was cold. Shuttering Feathermane settled down into the little bowl. She wanted to wash away the sweat from that night before she went to the school house.

Fluttershy had promised to let her go for the day to learn a bit of Equestrian history. Feathermane planned to go today then spend the rest of the week to learn firsthand. Then she would go home.

Feathermane scrubbed her mane then stepped out of the bath. She tore of a sheet of toilet paper to use as a towel. She wrapped it around her waist then flew outside the room. Fluttershy was already up and was pouring some milk into a cup. She looked up as Feathermane landed next to her. Smiling she said "I see you took a bath." Feathermane nodded then asked about the school. She was eager to get going but Fluttershy told her it didn't start for an hour. With a disappointed huff Feathermane sat down to eat breakfast.

After Feathermane had finished her morning meal Fluttershy told her they would be going into town for some shopping before school started. Feathermane happily agreed. She loved to see all the cool stuff ponies had for sale in those little stalls. Feathermane jumped onto Fluttershy's head and they were off!

The two creatures entered the market and started towards the food vendors. Fluttershy picked up some lettuce, carrots, celery, and basically anything her animals would eat. After she dropped the bits onto the vendors counter she let Feathermane go look at other stalls. Feathermane saw all sorts of goods being sold. Everything from apples to candies to pots and pans! It was a lot like the old market at her home but it had the brand new effect as it wasn't something she was used to.

After awhile Fluttershy put Feathermane back on her head and trotted from the market. It was time for school. Feathermane was about as excited as a young filly going for the first time would be. She was jumping all around and had a bubbly expression on her face. By the time they had reached the school yard she had settled down. After all she wanted to make a good first impression. She walked through the doors of the school house and entered the small room. She saw desks and a chalk board nothing to impressive. Books lined the many shelves along the walls and a globe could be seen off to the side.

Fluttershy walked up to Miss Cheerlie and explained that Feathermane would be joining the class today. She beckoned for Feathermane to come over to the two so she did. The little breezie flew up to the teacher and landed on her desk. "Hello Feathermane. I understand you will be attending class today." Miss Cheerlie said. Feathermane nodded her head suddenly feeling shy. "You can sit up here on my desk for the day. Just remember it's all right to ask questions. That's how you learn more." She said a smile across her face."It's time to start class so I'll be back soon. I have to go get all the fillies and colts from the playground." Miss Cheerlie stepped out a back door and came back a few seconds later with all the kids.

"All right Feathermane, I'll come get you when schools over. Have fun!" Fluttershy said. She stepped out the doors leaving Feathermane on the desk. All the children sat down in the many desks scattered across the room.

"Okay class, today we have a guest. I hope you will treat them with utmost respect because they are here to learn, just like all of you!" Miss Cheerlie stepped to the side revealing Feathermane. "This is Feathermane. She's a breezie. I believe you all remember the breezie migration about a week ago, right?" The class nodded then said their welcomes. Feathermane shyly looked away then perked up when Miss Cheerlie said it was time for spelling. Class was finally starting.

After about an hour of learning to spell various words Miss Cheerlie announced that history would now begin. Feathermane felt like doing a victory dance but held back. History was what she was waiting for the whole time. It would tell her about all sorts of things that had happened in Equestria. Miss Cheerlie went to one of the book shelves and pulled out an old looking book. It was made of leather and the cover was worn. Miss Cheerlie stepped back in front of the room and sat in her desk. "Okay class, today we will be going over the war between the two princess sisters. I'm sure most of you are familiar with this story and for those who aren't this will be a new and exciting aspect for you." Miss Cheerlie opened the book to the first page and began to read. "About a thousand years ago two sisters ruled over the land of Equestria. The elder ruled the sun and the younger had reign over the moon. All seemed peaceful until the younger started to grow jealous of her sister. She thought it was unfair that ponies played and had fun during her sister's sun but locked themselves away during her beautiful night. The younger sister eventually let the hate consume her and she tried to overthrow her sister. But the elder fought back. She used the elements of harmony to banish her beloved sister to the moon. There her sister sat for a long thousand years." Miss Cheerlie closed the book. "Now who knows what happened next?"

A few foals hooves shot into the air and Miss Cheerlie chose Sweetie Bell. "Well my sister and her friends now are like the keepers of the elements. At least that's what Rarity told me. Anyways they said that when Nightmare Moon returned she tried to get rid of her sister again. The elements of harmony stopped her though and she returned to her normal self and her and her sister now rule Equestria together!" Sweetie Bell squeaked. Miss Cheerlie nodded her head. She thought to herself that this little pony was way to smart for her age but didn't let on. After all she didn't like to choose favorites.

"All right, maybe we should start science." Miss Cheerlie said. A few ponies groaned but that was okay. Not much else happened that day, at least not anything important to Feathermane. She was after all considered an adult in her town and knew most of what was being taught. At the end of the day Fluttershy picked her up and they went home. They ate supper and went off to bed. This time however Feathermane fell into a dreamless sleep. She wasn't attacked by the nightmares which was good.