• Published 6th Mar 2014
  • 668 Views, 4 Comments

Feathermane the Breezie - timeblitz



Fluttermane had hid in Fluttershy's house until every pony left. Now she might get to stay here instead of going back. After all nopony would miss her, right?

  • ...
2
 4
 668

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Feathermane slowly walked down the empty street of her old home. Everypony was gone and she didn't know what to do. It was as if the town was haunted. The lights if not burnt out flickered on and off and not a single light could be seen inside one of the many homes that lined the road. Feathermane's house was just up ahead. Unlike every other building hers was lit up. Every light appeared to be on. Feathermane saw the door was slightly ajar. She nudged it further open then stepped inside.

Once inside she took a quick look around. She saw a few wilted flowers in old rusty pots. They sat in the sunless windows. She received these as a gift from PetalDress back when she lived here. Feathermane saw nothing to interesting as she trotted through her home. It seemed to have a gloomy atmosphere and something seemed off. She shook her head. She was probably imagining it but it felt like someone was watching her. She turned quickly but saw no one. Feathermane stepped cautiously out the door, shutting it as she left. She went back down the street to the old flower shop where she had once worked. The door was locked but there was a gaping hole in the window. Feathermane flew inside then turned on the lights.

Inside she saw wilted plants lining the shelves. The normal flowers that had once filled the shop were replaced with vines and thorns. They tangled through every gap in the old wooden shelves. Somepony must have replaced them but who? Feathermane saw a torn note on the checkout counter. She reached out for it and read.

Shop Closed for a while. Will be back soon.

Feathermane decided to go try find somepony. She gingerly stepped out the window then trotted down the streets. She could hear her hooves on the cold stone. Feathermane came upon her friend PetalDress's house. Like her home the door was open but the lights were off. She went inside and up the stairs. What she saw scared her but she couldn't look away. PetalDress was sitting propped up on her bed. She was coughing and had red splotches on her face. She had the symptoms of a horrible disease that had once swept a neighboring village to the west. The entire population had died and nothing has been found to stop it.

Feathermane gasped as she realized what had happened. She ran out of the home and kept running for about ten minutes through the streets. She didn't have a destination, she was just running to try to get the horrible scene out of her mind. She tripped and fell on her face. She heard a voice ask if she was okay then a blue hoof was shoved in her face. Feathermane accepted it then saw a blue pony with a flowing mane in front of her. She wasn't sure how the pony was here because a normal sized pony wouldn't fit. Perhaps a shrinking spell or something. Feathermane did see a horn on the pony but what confused her was the wings. The only pony she knew with wings and a horn was Twilight.

"Who are you?" Feathermane asked with a quivering voice.

"We are Princess Luna. We have come to aid thee in thy dream." The mare said with a confident voice. "We noticed a disturbance in the dreamscape and came to help!"

"Wait dream?" Feathermane questioned. She sat down on her rump hoping for an explanation.

"Yes little one." Luna replied "This is your dream. We am the princess of the night. We explore ponies dreams and help resolve nightmares."

"Wait. So your saying that I'm dreaming and PetalDress wasn't real?" Feathermane asked "Does that mean she's okay?"

"Yes small breezie, your friend is all right and nopony is hurt." Luna responded "This dream has a meaning. That meaning is up to you to find but we are certain you will figure it out."

"I think I understand what it is."Feathermane replied "But how do I escape this dream? It's kinda scarring me and I wish to wake up please."

"Of course Feathermane." Luna said. Feathermane wasn't sure how she knew her name but then again she was inside of her dream. "Lay down and we will use our magic to release you from the dreamscape." Feathermane obeyed, laying down she closed her eyes and relaxed. Luna placed her horn on her forehead and it started to glow. Feathermane felt herself grow tired and she drifted into darkness.