• Published 6th Mar 2014
  • 668 Views, 4 Comments

Feathermane the Breezie - timeblitz



Fluttermane had hid in Fluttershy's house until every pony left. Now she might get to stay here instead of going back. After all nopony would miss her, right?

  • ...
2
 4
 668

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

After saying farewell AppleJack stepped out the door. She took a few steps when she realized that she had just spoken to a breezie. AppleJack wasn't sure if it was a side effect of Twilight's spell or if Feathermane could just speak the pony language but it wasn't to important. She had to get to Twilight's place and tell her of Feathermane.

On the way to the library AppleJack came across the cutie mark crusaders. Scootaloo informed her they were trying to get printmaking cutie marks. AppleJack saw ink on both the paper and stamps as well as on her sister and her friends. Chuckling to herself AppleJack continued to the library.

Twilight was trying frantically to keep a watch on the kettle as it brewed tea and straighten up the library. It seemed whenever she would put away a book two more would appear in little piles all over. Spike was over at Rarity's helping her make new dresses so Twilight was doing his daily chores for him. As she was sweeping up the floor with her magic and pouring herself a cup of tea she heard a knocking. She set down the broom and went to the door. AppleJack was standing on the top step and she let her inside.

"So AppleJack, what brings you here?" she asked.

"Well Twilight, Fluttershys in a bit of a pickle." AppleJack explained the situation, not leaving out a single detail. Twilight poured another cup of tea and handed it to her.
"I see." Twilight replied solemnly "After the breezies left I went to study them a bit. Turns out there is a spell that I can cast to force open the portal. Unfortunately only breezies can enter and leave the portal. That means we won't be able to tag along. Another thing is that the breezies must enter the portal willingly and it sounds like Feathermane doesn't want to go back."

"Hmm, well y'all think we could convince her ta go back?" AppleJack asked, pondering this new aspect.

"No. I think that this has to be done by herself, like you when you went to Manehatten and got your cutie mark." Twilight said pouring herself another cup of tea.

"Maybe, but ah think she need ta make up her darn mind!" AppleJack exclaimed stamping her hoof down on the table. She was lucky none of the tea spelt.

"AppleJack maybe you should try to calm down." Twilight said hoping to stop the rampage before it got bad. "You don't usually get this upset about this so why are you now?"

Applejack huffed then sat back down. 'Sorry Twi. Ah don't know what happened back there. It's just kinda weird to see another pony in my situation from all them years ago."
Twilight nodded her head. "I suppose so. It is kinda personal after all, but still I think we shouldn't interfere. Let's just see what happens. Now let's go tell them about the spell but don't try to change Feathermane's mind for her, okay?" Twilight wrote a quick note to Spike telling him that she was going to Fluttershy's cottage if he got home early.

Her and AppleJack stepped outside and saw Pinkie Pie bouncing up and down on the first step. "Hiya guys! My Pinkie Sense told me something was happening. Something really really important! So I came here so you could tell me. Oh, is it a surprise? I love surprises! Oh! Maybe it's a party! I absolutely LOVE parties!"

"PINKIE!" Twilight shouted hoping to stop the pink pony before she got any further. "Sorry for yelling but me and AppleJack were heading to Fluttershy's and if you come with we'll fill you in on the way."

"Oh it's okay Twilight. If I were you I'd probably yell at myself too! Also of course I'll come with. After all when my Pinkie Sense senses something it's bound to be good." Pinkie Pie responded bounding along.

The trio had just reached their destination when they had finished their tale. Twilight knocked on the door and Fluttershy welcomed them in. She welcomed her friends then asked if they wanted anything to drink. Twilight and AppleJack both respectively declined but Pinkie asked for some juice. When Fluttershy returned with a glass of apple juice Pinkie gulped it down then sat down hard on the ground.

"So everypony, I assume AppleJack has explained the situation." Fluttershy said.

"Yup a doodle rooni!" Pinkie Pie chirped "Anyways where is the little breezie? If she wants I'll throw her a super duper awesome party!"

"Oh, Feathermane is napping upstairs." Fluttershy told them. She picked up Pinkie's glass to put away then returned a moment later.

"Fluttershy? Twilight here found a spell that send Feathermane back to her village if she wants." AppleJack nodded to Twilight who then explained the details once more.

Fluttershy listened carefully then said "Well, it's up to Feathermane but I think that it's a wonderful idea. Thank you Twilight."

"What's up to me again?" said a curious voice. The four ponies looked over and saw the source floating down the stairs. Feathermane flew over and landed on Fluttershy's head. She let out a big yawn then looked the new ponies up and down. "So who are these ponies again? I already know that orange one. AppleJack right?"

Fluttershy told her about the spell and the new ponies. Feathermane stood quiet for a few minutes then said slowly "I thought about this all last night and realized I kinda do miss home. If you don't mind I'll stay here for awhile then go home after learning a bit."

"That's perfectly fine with me." Fluttershy said solemnly. "You can take as long as you need. I'll be right here for you and Twilight will cast the spell whenever you want." Feathermane nodded her head in thanks then everypony went about their normal activities. Everything was okay now, so why did Feathermane feel weird.

"Good night Feathermane." Fluttershy said "In the morning how about we get you to a school so you can learn there for a day or two." Feathermane nodded once more then Fluttershy turned out the lights and soon fell asleep.