• Published 4th Mar 2014
  • 526 Views, 5 Comments

The Happy Adventuring Saga: The Bonus Chapters - Pennington Inkwell



Sometimes I get bored, okay? And holidays won't just celebrate themselves! Just general silliness for the sake of entertainment, not at all canon to the remainder of my stories.

  • ...
3
 5
 526

Hearts and Hooves Day Special: Whipcord

A quick note! This chapter contains a couple of spoilers for both "Brothers" and "Daughter of Chaos." And a little raunchy humor. Feel free to skip it if you're opposed to either of these, it's COMPLETLY irrelevant to the storyline.

"So... You're free now?" Whipstitch sidled up to the draconequus, her tail flicking slyly back and forth.

"Well, I suppose you could say that, though I'm apparently bound to what you ponies think is 'right and wrong.'" Discord replied, looking down towards her with a smile.

"Well, I suppose that a better choice of words would have been... 'available?'" Whipstitch's tail moved faster from side to side, and she stepped to the side, drawing closer to him as her smile changed from "smug" to "coy."

Discord didn't look surprised at the inquest, snapping his fingers and summoning a long loop of licorice that he began to thoughtfully munch on.

"... I suppose so, though Eclipse warned me about you." Discord mumbled, giving her a sideways glance. "He told me that you were crazy..."

Whipstitch jumped up, snagging the other end of the loop between her teeth, and turned herself to face Discord, who had bent down to stop the licorice from snapping.

"Well, you know Eclipse... He was never really a 'total chaos' kind of guy..." She mumbled her words around the snack. She pulled a large bite into her mouth, shortening the distance between her face and Discord's.

"And you're saying that you are..." Discord took a bite of his own, drawing them to the point where they were only inches apart. "A 'total chaos' type of girl?" As Whipstitch looked into his crimson eyes, she could see wisdom, playfulness, and an almost hypnotic sense of confidence.

"Oh, you can bet I am..." Whipstitch took yet another bite, and their lips were almost touching. "I can take anything both you and the universe can dish out and serve it right back with a topspin and a side of hay fries..." Her heart was pounding in her chest, and she was only praying that nothing could stop this moment and what she could only hope was about to happen next...

"You know, when I told you two to 'get a room,' I didn't mean ours!" Eclipse moaned, sitting up in his bed with a pillow on either side of his head. He turned to the white pony laying next to him with a sigh. "I mean, seriously, is this what the two of us sound like? It's absolutely sickening!"

"Don't get me involved in this..." Celestia mumbled groggily, taking one of the pillows from his head and placing it over her own. "You're the one who introduced them to each other..."

"You're too right, brother!" Discord straightened up again, and the licorice lengthened to allow him to do so. "It is sickening. Even worse than some of those 'friendship reports' that I read while I was sorting through Celestia's personal belongings!"

"You what?" Celestia was quickly growing more and more awake, though her tone made it sound as if she weren't happy to do so."

"Oh, nothing!" Discord snapped his fingers and vanished in a flash of light, leaving Whipstitch with only a string of licorice about five feet long hanging out of her mouth.

"Darn it, Eclipse, why did you have to ruin my fun?" Whipstitch whined, slurping up the licorice like it was spaghetti.

"If that's your idea of 'fun,' I'd hate to see your idea of 'a howling good time.'" Eclipse mumbled as he laid back down again.

"Oh, I don't know..." Whipstitch gave a devious smile. "You might like to watch that... and Celestia might, too. You could learn a few things about interspecies relationships..."

"Whipstitch. my dear, we wrote the book about that..." Celestia mumbled, lifting the pillow off of the top of her head for a moment. "Now, please get out before I give you a demonstration..."

Eclipse sat up, seemingly confused by all of this, looked as if he were about to ask Celestia to explain, then shook his head and laid down again.

"I don't even want to know."

Author's Note:

Originally Chapter 7 of "Whipstitch." Published on 16 Feb, 2013