• Published 4th Mar 2014
  • 9,003 Views, 74 Comments

A Sweetheart's Sacrifice - JourneyCatMLP



Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon tease the Cutie Mark Crusaders to the point of suicide for one of them.

  • ...
24
 74
 9,003

The Result

Rarity frantically raced here and there around Ponyville looking for Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo and Applebloom were being walked home by a cop. They looked up and saw Rarity.

"Officer, sir, could you please tell her the bed news?" Scootaloo requested pointing at Rarity.

"Why would I need to do that?" the cop asked.

"Sweetie Belle is actually her sister," Applebloom replied.

The officer told the fillies to stay put. He came up to Rarity and got her attention.

"Excuse me, but those two fillies over there told me that Sweetie Belle is you sister, and-" the cop couldn't finish as Rarity swung around.

"Did you find her?! Where is she?!" Rarity asked in a frenzy.

"I'm afraid that is the bad news, ma'am," the cop said sadly, "Sweetie Belle was seen jumping off of Ghastly Gorge by a group of students. Considering its depth, she can't be alive. I'm sorry, but Sweetie Belle has passed."

Rarity's eyes were huge. She shook from the coldness and anger coming from grief.

"Sweetie Belle's body can be retrieved for a funeral," the cop told Rarity.

"O-okay, sir," Rarity stammered with tears flowing down her cheeks.

The cop went back to the others and led them home. Rarity dropped onto the ground and wept painfully, mixing in yells of hurt with the tears. Her eye shadow was washing off. She did not care, though. All that was to be cared about was her sweet, adorable little sister dying at such a young age.

----------

The rest of the Mane Six had helped Rarity search for Sweetie Belle, but they were beginning to give up.

"Where have we not looked?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"I'll go check Ghastly Gorge," Rainbow Dash said next.

She flew off for the cliff and saw a large group. A news reporter was announcing the death of Sweetie Belle, and Rainbow Dash heard every word. Without hesitation, she bolted down Ghastly Gorge. She saw the lifeless body of Sweetie Belle being drained of the last of its blood. Finally, she landed in front of it. She gagged. It truly was a sickening sight.

"I should bring Sweetie Belle back up," Dash told herself.

She slowly and carefully picked up Sweetie's cold and stiff body. Rainbow Dash was disgusted. She flew away to meet up with the others.

----------

Rarity and the others were together. Rarity was still sobbing loudly. Pinkie Pie's mane was flat. Rainbow Dash set Sweetie Belle down on the road with tears running down her face.

"I found Sweetie Belle like this, but nopony else was taking care of her in this state," Dash said.

Rarity embraced her sister's dead body, now crying harder than ever.

"We'll have a funeral tomorrow when we have just the time. How does that sound?" Twilight offered.

Rarity nodded. Everypony went home after that.

----------

At the funeral the following day, Rarity watched in agony as Sweetie Belle's lifeless body got lowered into the ground and buried forever. She had cried all last night, and today she was no better. Her and her friends went to Sugar Cube Corner for a treat. Rarity didn't eat anything, though. She kept having outbursts, which resulted in her excusing herself to go home. The others looked up with heartbreak.

"I-I feel so bad for her," Fluttershy sniffled.

Rainbow Dash was tearing up as well. She honestly liked Sweetie Belle. Her funny voice cracks and sweet green eyes were always a joy.

"I wonder how Scootaloo is doing?" Rainbow Dash wondered.

"Not good," Scoot answered.

The doors of the bakery had opened and inside was now Scootaloo and Applebloom. Both looked to have been crying for a long time, but their conditions were far better than Rarity's.

"Sorry we didn't make it to the funeral. We were so depressed, though," Scootaloo said.

"It's fine. As long as ya'll miss your friend very much, than it's all good," Applejack said back.

"You guys seem way better off than Rarity, though," said Rainbow Dash, "she said no word at the funeral. She didn't go up to give a speech, either."

Suddenly, Applejack's face hardened.

"What happened to those rich bullies? They deserve a world of hurt!" she wanted to know.

"We honestly don't know, but we do know that they haven't been outside. They're probably grounded," Scootaloo answered.

"How did ya find out it was Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, though?" Applebloom questioned.

"It was in the newspaper. Granny Smith was readin' it and I caught her shocked. Ah was curious," said AJ.

Pinkie Pie came in where the others were holding a tray of red velvet cupcakes on her back.

"Anypony up for cupcakes?" she asked trying to improve the mood.

So everypony dug in. Despite what had happened, the cupcakes were still delicious. Bloom and Scoot had to agree as well. Sweetie Belle was missing out, but hopefully she was happier and in a better place.

Author's Note:

I know, you guys probably hate me, but there will be a lot more tragedy fics like this in the future. Since I've always favorited sadfics, I've always had fun writing them.