• Published 3rd Mar 2014
  • 1,633 Views, 5 Comments

The New Tiara - InklingBear



Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon decide to start over and become friends with the Cutie Mark Crusaders by helping them earn their cutie marks in gardening.

  • ...
1
 5
 1,633

The New Tiara

It was a beautiful and shiny day over in Ponyville, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders are looking forward to finally getting their cutie marks. Over by the clubhouse, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were getting everything ready for their destinies to come. They were excited with a whole lot of flair. They already knew as a fact to them that they can definitely earn their cutie marks by doing something that's quite easy, pretty much almost anypony could do. They have decided that today, they're going to try gardening.

"Alright, Cutie Mark Crusaders, today, we are finally getting our cutie marks!" said Apple Bloom.

"Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!" squealed Sweetie Belle. "This one's going to be a piece of cake!"

Scootaloo looked at all of the stuff they need for their marks. "Do we have everything we need for today?" asked Scootaloo.

Apple Bloom then checked the list to make sure everything was obtained. "Eeyup, Ah suppose that's everything we need," Apple Bloom answered. "Now, Let's go get our cutie marks in gardening!"

So then they head out to go get their destinies. Just when Apple was about to open the door, Scootaloo asked, "Hold up! Where are we going to find a garden here in Ponyville?"

Apple Bloom responded, "Oh yeah... We have to get some more gardening tools, Crusaders."

But before Apple Bloom could open the door, Sweetie Belle yelled, "Wait! Maybe we don't have to! We can try heading over to Golden Harvest's and see if she'll let us do some gardening there!"

"Oh yeah! I completely forgot about her garden," said Scootaloo. "It's been quite a while since I last saw her wonderful masterpiece of a garden."

"Alright, Crusaders. Let's head on down to Golden Harvest's garden!" said Apple Bloom.

"Cutie Mark Crusaders, go go go!" the Cutie Mark Crusaders said all together.

As they were opening the door, they noticed that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon stood right in front of the door.

"Diamond Tiara?" said Apple Bloom.

"Silver Spoon?" said Sweetie Belle.

"What are you two doing here?" asked Scootaloo with a bit of attitude.

"Oh, well um... We were just on our way here for just a quick visit," answered Silver Spoon.

"Well, how come?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Oh, you might want to be a little quick because we're kinda running on a tight schedule," Scootaloo informed them calmly.

"Well where are you all headed?" asked Diamond Tiara.

"Well, we were just about to head out to get our marks in gardening," said Apple Bloom.

"Are you girls heading to Golden Harvest's garden?" asked Silver Spoon.

"That's exactly where we're headed," said Sweetie Belle.

"You don't mind if we come? I wouldn't mind helping out. I really loooove her carrots in her garden," asked Diamond Tiara.

Scootaloo looked at her hoof, pretending she was wearing a watch. "Hey, look at the time! We gotta head to the garden," said Scootaloo quickly. She rushed down to the garden without realizing that she had left Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle behind.

"She must be oh so extremely eager to do some gardening for her cutie mark to come," said Diamond Tiara awkwardly.

"Well, you're welcome to join us if you'd really like, I guess," Sweetie Belle said to Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

"Oh, well, okay then," they both agreed.

"But we have to go fetch ourselves a quick drink of water. Wait for us, please," said Silver Spoon.

"Well, alright," responded Apple Bloom.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon raced off to go get a drink while Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle wait for them.

Meanwhile, Scootaloo was down by Golden Harvest's garden. "Excuse me, Miss Harvest, Do you mind if I could do some gardening here in your garden?" Scootaloo asked.

"Why, I don't mind at all little filly," Golden Harvest responded.

Scootaloo then shouted "Yay" then she got her gardening trowel and started to dig in the dirt. Back at the clubhouse, Apple Bloom was thinking about Diamond Tiara.

"Hey, Sweetie Belle," said Apple Bloom. "Have you noticed something a bit strange with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon?"

Sweetie Belle turned to Apple Bloom. "Well, no. What did you notice about them that's strange?" Sweetie Belle asks.

"For one thing, they didn't tease us about not having our cutie marks..." said Apple Bloom.

Sweetie Belle thought back to the conversation to see if they really had. "You're absolutely right about that," Sweetie Belle replied. "And they didn't do that 'bump, bump, sugar-lump rump' thing like they usually do pretty much almost all the time."

Apple Bloom then started thinking. "Come to think of it, I've never seen her act like this to us," Apple Bloom mentioned to Sweetie Belle. As they were still talking to each other about Tiara and Spoon, they return from their drinks of water.

"So, are y'all ready to go?" said Diamond Tiara.

"Ready like the rainbow!" replied Apple Bloom. So the two little fillies plus Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon head on down to the garden to go get their marks in gardening.

Scootaloo was starting to feel a bit worried about Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. So she put the gardening into her queue, put the trowel down immediately and then called them out to see if they were nearby. "Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, are y'all nearby?" Scootaloo yelled.

"We're right here, Scoots," Apple Bloom replied to Scootaloo.

"Any reason you stormed off to the garden?" Sweetie Belle said as she looked at Scootaloo angrily.

"Whoopsies, I don't what got into me at that point," Scootaloo answered. She was feeling energetic before she had rushed to the garden, so she could barely wait. "I'm really sorry about that though," said Scootaloo calmly.

"Well, what would you all like to plant today?" asked Golden Harvest.

"Ooh! Have you ever planted something other than carrots?" asked Silver Spoon.

"Well, we were just going to plant some really pretty flowers here," said Sweetie Belle.

"There was this one time I tried to plant some daisies and roses," Golden Harvest said. "But I'm not sure if I can still plant them today..." The Cutie Mark Crusaders looked at each other then turned back to Golden Harvest.

"We think we can help you out with that!" they all said to her.

"Oh, do you girls think you can really help with that?" Golden Harvest asked.

"You can put your trust in us!" Sweetie Belle said.

"Us too!" Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon both added.

"Alright! Come with me," Golden Harvest said. She leads the Cutie Mark Crusaders including Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon to her secret special garden that is hidden.

"Well, here we are girls!" Golden Harvest happily said. "This is the secret garden where I 'sometimes' grow some daisies and roses."

The Cutie Mark Crusaders looked all around, and their reaction was completely priceless. "Ooh, Wow, Oh my gosh!" they all said reacting to her secret garden.

Golden Harvest turned to the Crusaders. "Girls, listen to me carefully, You all must not tell anypony about this secret garden," Golden Harvest said as clearly as possible with a little bit of glare at them. "It is a 'secret' garden for a really good reason." she added.

"Yes Miss Harvest, Our lips are completely sealed, ma'am," The Cutie Mark Crusaders and Diamond Tiara said. They even performed a gesture on zipping up their lips to show Golden Harvest that they clearly understand.

"Alright girls. I'll be back in about an hour or so to check on y'all," said Golden Harvest in a good mood. "Have fun gardening!" she added as she leaves her secret garden.

"Yes, Miss Harvest!" Scootaloo said in a slight loud voice.

Apple Bloom goes to get the bag of plant seeds. As she touched the bag with one of her hooves, she noticed the Diamond Tiara's hoof was on the bag as well. Apple Bloom was starting to give a confused look directly at Diamond Tiara as she was just about to back away from the bag.

"Oh, I'm truly sorry Apple Bloom. You go right ahead," Diamond Tiara said.

"Umm... is something wrong with you?" Apple Bloom asked.

Diamond Tiara starts acting suspicious in front of her as she talks to her with complete eye contact. "Nope, nothing's wrong with me," Diamond Tiara said softly. "Wh-- Whatever made you ask this question?"

Apple Bloom started to pause for a quick moment. "The new attitude of yours, the soft talk... Have you changed or something?" she asks.

Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Silver Spoon are all watching the conversation that Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara are both having.

"Well, to tell you the truth Apple Bloom, Yes, I have." Diamond Tiara said with a calm, brave voice.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were acting confused. "Wha-huh?" Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo both said as they turned to each other face to face.

"What happened to you and Silver Spoon teasing us most of the time?" Apple Bloom asked.

"And that 'bump, bump, sugar-lump rump' dance, or routine, or... something." Sweetie Belle added.

"Did you two actually just... stop doing all of that?" asked Scootaloo.

Diamond Tiara looked directly to Apple Bloom, and Silver Spoon turned to Sweetie Belle. "I believe that teasing we 'used' to do was now starting to die out of it's own," Diamond Tiara said answering Apple Bloom's question.

"It was starting to get boooring after doing it over and over again," Silver Spoon said answering Sweetie Belle's question.

Diamond Tiara walked over to Silver Spoon, then they both turned to Scootaloo. "Yes, we've stopped doing it all." they both said simultaneously.

"Okay... so does all of this mean that you're 'calling it truce' as of right now?" Apple Bloom said.

The crusaders are all looked directly to Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, nervously waiting on their response. "Yes, we are!" Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon both responded in a friendly tone.

The Crusaders were extremely happy for them. "That's great to hear!" said Sweetie Belle.

Diamond Tiara had only one more thing to say to the Crusaders. "So, um... can we be friends?" Diamond Tiara nervously asked the Crusaders.

Apple Bloom had figured she would possibly ask that question so she wanted to start fresh. "Friends it is!" Apple Bloom responded passionately.

They both shook hooves and they called it truce. The Crusaders plus Diamond and Spoon had cheered, It was a wonderful and happy moment for the crusaders.

"I'm really sorry about the stuff we did to make you three miserable," Diamond Tiara sadly said.

"Like the time she almost humiliated you at her party and blackmailed you all to find more gossip out in Ponyville and such, et cetera," Silver Spoon said.

"It's all okay!" The crusaders responded in a friendly, forgiving voice. "Oh thank you girls so much!" Diamond Tiara replied. She gathered up the crusaders and gave out a wonderful and comforting group hug. She lets out a small cute sigh as she feels the comfort from the hug.

"Who knew true friendship would be so heart warming on the inside?" she said in a sad and friendly mood.

"Are you kidding?" Sweetie Belle responded.

"It's the most powerful thing that's ever existed!" Scootaloo said!

"So how about that gardening?" Apple Bloom said as she smiled.

They all went and got the trowels and started digging. Scootaloo had went to get the seeds. She planted two of them in the hole that she had dug and gave it some water.

Diamond Tiara gave out a little giggle. "Silly Scootaloo," she said. "That's not how you do it."

"Oh?" Scootaloo said nervously. "What did I do wrong?" she asked.

"You plant the seed in first, then fill it back up with soil, then water it," Diamond Tiara explained. She demonstrated on how to plant a seed just for Scootaloo. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle decided to watch her just in case they had forgotten what to do.

"Oh, Thanks Diamond Tiara!" Scootaloo happily said.

"I'm always here for a friend," Diamond Tiara said.

Silver Spoon had an idea and she believes that it's going to be progressive at the moment. "I got an idea," she said. "How about we put some teamwork into this?"

The crusaders thought her idea could be very intriguing. They all agreed on the idea, even Diamond Tiara.

"What do we gotta do?" Apple Bloom asked.

Silver Spoon explains about the idea. Apple Bloom digs the holes, Diamond Tiara drops the seeds in the holes, Sweetie Belle fills the holes back up and Scootaloo gets to water them.

"That sounds... amazing!" said Apple Bloom.

"Again, It'll be a piece of cake," Sweetie Belle said in agreement.

"Well, let's try it out!" said Scootaloo.

Silver Spoon had her plan set in progress. The crusaders started bursting into song and they dug, plant, and water repeatedly. almost an hour later, they were tired.

"Hoo-wee, I am beat!" Scootaloo said.

"Yeah, me too, Scoots," Silver Spoon replied.

"This was so much fun... the five of us... gardening... all together," Apple Bloom said while inhaling and exhaling slowly.

"I sure could use a refresher," said Sweetie Belle.

Suddenly, all of the seeds they had planted all bursted into full bloom. The Cutie Mark Crusaders were impressed. "Wow!" they said.

"The flowers... are so magnificent!" Silver Spoon said softly.

"There's daisies, tulips, roses, even sunflowers!" Diamond Tiara said loudly.

"Wait 'til Miss Harvest sees all of the nice flowers!" Sweetie Belle said.

Golden Harvest walked back into her secret garden with some water for the fillies. Her reaction to all of the flowers were almost the same as the Crusaders. She then set the drinks down.

"Whoa! I've never seen these many beautiful flowers in my secret garden," she said.

Her friend Written Script came inside her secret garden. He was quite surprised about the flowers the Crusaders planted. "Wow! Girls, these are absolutely amazing!" he said.

"Huh?!" the Crusaders said as they were shocked to see another pony in her secret garden. Written Script started to get confused about their reaction.

"Don't worry girls," said Golden Harvest. "It's okay. He already knew about it ever since we decided to be a couple," she added.

"That's right!" Written Script said while he turned to Golden Harvest. "You're my wittle schmoopy-woopy cutie-baby,"

The Crusaders awkwardly closed their eyes since they're not really into baby talk. Written Script then gave a light smooch on Golden Harvest's forehead.

"So did you girls have lots of fun gardening so far?" Golden Harvest said to the fillies.

"Yes, Miss Harvest," said Silver Spoon while the other fillies were inhaling and exhaling deeply and slowly.

"Oh, I should get you girls the water I brought over here," said Golden Harvest as she was just about to go get them.

Written Script used his magic to give the drinks to the fillies. "I got 'em sweetie!" he said. "Here you go, girls!"

The fillies quickly grabbed the drinks and then chugged them down. The mare and the stallion reacted with a little shock by the way they were drinking their water. After they finished, the fillies let out a relieved sigh.

"Thank you!" said the fillies.

"No prob!" said Written Script.

"You're welcome!" Golden Harvest said at the same time with Written Script.

"I feel like our friendship's already started to get a little bit stronger," said Diamond Tiara.

"You are absolutely right there, my friend," Apple Bloom replied.

"We should get back to the clubhouse," said Sweetie Belle.

"I'll escort you fillies out, if that's okay with y'all..." Written Script said with a smile.

"Yes, please!" the fillies said. Written Script then escorts the fillies outside.

On the way out, they had chatted about what they wanted to do back at the clubhouse. They were happy that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were able to start fresh with the Crusaders.

"So long, little fillies!" Golden Harvest and Written Script both said as they waved goodbye.

"Bye Golden Harvest, Bye Written Script!" The fillies said happily as they rushed back to the clubhouse.

The five little fillies had made it back to the clubhouse. It was starting to get dark as they approach the door.

"Today has been a lot of fun," Diamond Tiara said.

"I think we should head home now," Silver Spoon said.

They both started yawning then gave the crusaders a memorable high five and then raced home.

"Good night y'all!" Apple Bloom said loudly. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo went inside the clubhouse and started writing to Princess Twilight.

"Dear Princess Twilight, we had a lot of fun trying to get our marks in gardening! Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon both helped us out a lot. She's been an amazing friend ever since she came clean. We've also learned that in certain situations, there is a time to forgive and forget. This experience was truly the most awesomest thing that's ever happened to us! We grew lots of flowers for Golden Harvest and her friend, Written Script. They loved them a lot!" Signed, The Cutie Mark Crusaders.

They all wondered about something that they've been waiting for all day.

"Hey!" said Scootaloo. "Did we get our cutie marks? Did we finally get our cutie marks?" she frantically added.

The crusaders all looked at their flanks and they still didn't get their cutie marks. "Awww!!" they all said.

"I thought for sure that would be our true destinies," Sweetie Belle said sadly.

"Well, we can try again tomorrow," Scootaloo said as she tried to cheer Sweetie Belle up. "And this time, I know how we're gonna get them."

"How?" the other fillies asked.

"Cutie Mark Fishers!" Scootaloo said loudly.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle started to fall asleep. Scootaloo fell asleep as well after a few seconds. "G'night..." she quietly said.

They all slept and they all waited for the very next morning.

Comments ( 5 )

Always good to have a fic with earth ponies gardening and enjoying their connection to nature.

Two other things:
1. Sent you a note about some grammar issues.
2. This is "slice of life" rather than "adventure".

L4

cute fic but still kinda came out of nowhere.

4029346 4029286 Yeah, thanks. It's my first story ever so I'm still an amateur at this stuff. :)

Sometimes bullying is a phase that kids just grow out of. It's not often but it does happen.

Constructive criticism:

I'll admit, for a first-time story, this isn't half-bad! However, the situation feels a bit too clean-cut and simplistic; I would've preferred to see a bit more doubt from the CMC regarding Spoon and Tiara's sudden mood change, and it'd probably take a little longer for some to accept the idea than it did here. But the grammar for the most part was well-written, the general premise is good, and it's nice to see all 5 of them working together on something like this. All this story needs is just to be fleshed out a little better, and it'd make an excellent short story!

7.5/10 :)

Login or register to comment