• Published 25th Mar 2012
  • 3,825 Views, 16 Comments

Nightmare Moon Returns - Deathsia



Nightmare Moon is back....WITH A VENGEANCE! Will the mane six survive it?

  • ...
7
 16
 3,825

Memories of a life long forgotten part 1

MEMORIES OF A LIFE LONG FORGOTTEN...(PART 1)

As the Ponies made their way back to Ponyville the first thing they noticed when it came in view is that it wasn't in flames which struck them all as odd.

“What's going on here? Ponyville looks like it did just before Nightmare Moon's forces attacked.” Twilight remarked looking around as the ponies of Ponyville walked around.

“I know...it's just plain creepy.” Applejack said looking around filled with a sense of unease.

“What in the heck is going on here?” Rainbow Dash asked aloud.

“I don't know...what do you think of this Pinkie Pie?” Twilight asked curiously. “Pinkie Pie?” Twilight asked and looked to her side and noticed she was suddenly alone. “Girls? Where did you go?” Twilight asked looking around.

“Twilight? Applejack? Where in the heck you guys go?” Rainbow Dash asked noticing she was alone as well.

“Twi? Dashy? Where in tarnation did you ponies go?!” Applejack asked in a scared tone finding herself alone.

Meanwhile Twilight was also making her way to her home in hopes of finding the other ponies there when she heard a voice that shook her down to her core.

“Twilight! Hey! Where have you been?” Spike shouted as he ran up to her.

Twilight's eyes widened”Sp-Spike?” Twilight said her voice cracking.

“Of course it's me Twilight. Wow. What happened to you?” Spike remarked as Twilight's eyes began to fill with tears.

“Come on Twilight we need to get the library. You've got a ton of things to tell Princess Celestia I bet!” Spike exclaimed running back towards their home.

“Of course I do!” Twilight exclaimed with a teary smile and followed him.

Meanwhile Applejack was making her way to library when she heard a voice. “Hey! Applejack!” Applebloom's voice called as she came into view.

“Applebloom?! You're okay! Y'all had me worried sick about ya!” Applejack shouted as she ran over to her sister.
“Why Y'all getting so sappy on me sis? You got applebuckin to do!” Applebloom replied with an annoyed face.

“What? It's applebuckin season already?!” Applejack replied looking shocked.

“Of course silly! Now come on! Granny Smith and Big Mac are waitin on us!” Applebloom replied and began to run in the direction of Apple Acres.

“Wait for me now!” Applejack called out with a smile and began to follow her sister.

Meanwhile Rarity also found herself suddenly alone.

“Goodness. Where did everypony go?” Rarity replied looking confused and worried.

“There you are! I Photo Finish have been looking all over for you! Now we can make you a star that will shine all over Equestia!” Photo Finish said as she walked up to Rarity.

“What?! Me?! Now?!” Rarity exclaimed shocked and excited all at once.

“Yes, you! Now come! There is no time to lose!” Photo Finish said and began to shove Rarity in the direction of her home.

“But—but there's this book you see. And I simply must find it.” Rarity tried explaining but Photo Finish kept on pushing her.

“That can wait! I Photo Finish am going to make you a star!” Photo Finish replied.

Meanwhile Rainbow Dash was flying all over Ponyville. “Come on! Where did you guys go?!” Rainbow dash exclaimed looking all over when suddenly she stopped at who was flying in front of her. It was the Wonder Bolts.

“Hey! Rainbow Dash! We've been looking all over for you!” Soarin exclaimed.

“Me? Why?” Rainbow Dash asked curiously.

“To join us of course.” Spitfire replied.

At this Rainbow Dash put both front hooves over her mouth filled with joy and excitement. “Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh!” Rainbow Dash repeated over and over for about ten seconds very quickly.

“Come on! Lets get you to the Wonder Bolt headquarters so we can get you an official uniform!” Soarin exclaimed and flew off followed by the other Wonder Bolts.

“All right!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed and flew after them. “I'm.....a Wonder Bolt!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed followed by a high pitched squeal of delight.



“Oh goodness me. How could I have lost them? Fluttershy you're such an airhead!” Fluttershy said aloud looking around for them having suddenly become alone herself until she saw a small puppy laying on the ground, stopped suddenly, and rushed to it's side.

“Oh dear me! You look terrible! Come on little one. Lets take you to my home and we'll get you all better!” Fluttershy said with a smile, lifted the injured puppy up, and flew off to her house.

“Sweetie Belle?! Where did you go?” Pinkie Pie asked aloud looking around.

“There you are!” Rainbow Dash's voice called out.

“Hey! Have you seen Sweetie Belle and the others Rainbow?” Pinkie Pie replied in a worried tone.

“Yeah! They are all waiting for us at sugarcube corner. We're having a party there and we know it wouldn't be a party without you Pinkie Pie.” Rainbow Dash said with a smile.

“Oh! You're right! It wouldn't be a party with me! Lets go!” Pinkie Pie said with a smile and followed rainbow Dash to the sugarcube corner store.

“Pinkie pie?! Pinkie? Can you hear me?!” Sweetie Belle shouted out looking around frantically. “This isn't good!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed looking around for everyone. Sweetie Belle then closed her eyes and began to concentrate. “Pinkie Pie...can you hear my thoughts?” Sweetie Belle thought to herself but after a few moments opened them. “A powerful dark magic is at work here. Especially if it can block the magical connection me and Pinkie Pie have, I just hope the others are okay...” Sweetie Belle said aloud in a whisper. I've got to find a way to destroy this illusion....” Sweetie Belle thought to herself and began to run in the direction of Twilight's house which was also the town library when suddenly two ponies she knew ran into view.

“Hey, Sweetie Belle!” Scootaloo exclaimed with a smile.

“Hey, there y'all are! We've been looking all over for you! We are going to go on a adventure to find our cutie marks and I this time we won't stop till we have them!” Applebloom exclaimed with a smile.

“Sorry, I don't have time right now guys.” Sweetie Belle replied knowing that they were simply part of the illusion but didn't want to make it known that she was aware of this.

“Don't have time? We always have time!” Scootaloo exclaimed.

“We're the cutie mark crusaders!” Scootaloo and Applebloom shouted simultaneously.

Sweetie Belle let out a sigh. “I sure do miss being that carefree. Maybe once all this over I can hang with the real Scootaloo and Applebloom when this is over.” Sweetie Belle said aloud without realizing it.

“The real ones?” Scootaloo replied confused.

“What y'all talkin about Sweetie Belle.” Applebloom chimed in.

“There's no avoiding it now. Whoever is casting this spell knows I am aware that this is an illusion now. They will probably try to off me quickly now.” Sweetie Belle thought to herself.

“Drop the act! And show me your true forms you doppelgangers!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed and took a fighting stance. “I don't know how much I can do in this form but I’ll do my best!” Sweetie Belle thought to herself.

“Well heck.” Scootaloo said looking upset and turned to look at Applebloom.

“Looks like this one is stronger than we thought. She is able to resist the effects of the spell.” Applebloom said looking at Scootaloo.

“No point in keeping the act up I guess.” Scootaloo replied and they both turned to face Sweetie Belle both wearing malicious grins on their faces.

Suddenly the nice and peaceful scenery that surrounded them faded revealing the torn and destroyed town known as Ponyville. Scootaloo and Applebloom's forms also changed revealing them to be dark armored ponies.

Without warning both ponies lunged at Sweetie Belle however she jumped out of the way just in time avoiding them, turned, and ran away from them. “Looks like she's fast too.” One dark armored pony said to the other.

“I've got to find Pinkie Pie!” Sweetie Belle thought to herself dramatically as she ran as fast as her hooves would carry her avoiding each and every attack by the dark armored ponies.

Sweetie Belle frantically dodged attack after attack from the dark armored ponies and suddenly found herself at just outside of Twilight's house and heard her voice from within.

Meanwhile Twilight was busy filling out a bunch of letters as Spike sent each one out.

“Wow...this is a lot of letters to fill out. “ Twilight said with a smile as she used her horn to magically make a quill fill out the letters.

“Twilight! Help me!!!!” Sweetie Belle's voice came from no where. It was very faint in fact she could barely hear it but she did none-the-less.

“Sweetie Belle?” Twilight said aloud curiously, stopped writing and looked out her window but saw nothing except the peaceful scenery of Ponyville and Ponies walking back and forth through it.

“What is it Twilight?” Spike Asked curiously.

“I could have swore I heard Sweetie Belle's voice just now.” Twilight replied looking out her window still.

“I didn't hear anything. Don't you think you should get back to filling out those letters to Princess Celestia?” Spike replied.

“I suppose you're right.” Twilight replied and began to fill out the letters again.

“Twilight! Can't you hear me?! You're under a spell! Fight it!” Sweetie Belle's voice came from no where once again except it was a little louder this time causing her to stop writing once again and look out her window.

“What is it now?” Spike asked annoyed.

“I know I heard Sweetie Belle's voice just now. But it doesn't make sense. She's not outside yet I could hear her as if she was right here!” Twilight exclaimed confused standing right in front of her window now looking out of it.

Meanwhile outside Sweetie Belle was looking directly at Twilight through her window just before she dodged another jab from dark armored ponies. “She can't see me but I know she heard me! I just have to keep trying!” Sweetie Belle thought to herself.

“I don't get it. Why am I hearing Sweetie Belle's voice?” Twilight asked sounding very confused.

“Who cares! Just get to writing those damned letters already! ” Spike said in a rude tone. “Erm...i mean...maybe she's just playing with her friends?” Spike said moments later in his usual tone.

“Fight the spell, Twilight!” Sweetie Belle's voice rang out again even louder this time.

“That was rather rude of you Spike...” Twilight remarked turning around to face spike with inquiring look and began to walk towards him. “In fact...the Spike I know would never say something like that.” Twilight said as her horn began to glow. “Who are you?! Tell me!” Twilight exclaimed barreling down on Spike.

“Wh-what are you talking about Twilight? It's me.. Spike. You're number one assistant!” Spike replied looking a little scared now.

“Don't make me repeat myself....” Twilight replied as her horn glowed even more brightly.

Spike suddenly shoved Twilight back and ran to door screaming out in terror however Twilight appeared in front of him in a flash of magic. “Who are you?!” Twilight exclaimed in a demanding tone.

“Please don't kill me! I was only following orders!” Spike shouted out. Suddenly the Illusion around Twilight faded away revealing the real library and Spike suddenly turned into a quivering dark armored solider pony shaking in fear.

“Twilight! Help!” Sweetie Belle's voice rang out clear as day now at which point Twilight rushed to her door swung it open with her magic and bucked one dark armored pony who was mere inches away from stabbing Sweetie Belle who lay on the ground at that exact moment eyes wide open in terror of her impending doom.

“Are you okay Sweetie Belle?” Twilight asked with her flank facing her as she stood in front of her.

“I'm fine now that you're here Twilight! We have to help the others! They are trapped in the same spell that you were!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed.


“How come you were unaffected?” Twilight asked curiously as the dark armored ponies paced back and forth seemingly looking for an opening.

“This is me we are talking about Twilight. The words, master magic user mean anything? Hello! I can spot a spell from a mile away. But my other half isn't as attuned as I am.” Sweetie Belle stated making sure to put a note of annoyance in her voice when she spoke of her “other half”.

Twilight would have giggled at this if she weren't faced with two dark armored ponies that could attack her the moment she let her guard down.

“Twilight! Behind you!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed in a frantic tone causing Twilight to whirl around, see the dark armored pony lunging at her sharpened hoof bared, and used her magic on impulse to put up a magic wall which the dark armored pony hit with a loud “clang!”

“Wow, when did you learn that spell Twilight?!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed having never seen her use it before.

“I have my dear mommy to thank for this spell. While she was going on about me and her's past I studied how she executed it. To be honest I wasn't sure I could pull it off. It was my first time casting it after all.” Twilight replied with a sheepish smile.

“So in other words.. you gambled on whether or not you could properly cast a spell you only saw once and had no idea if you could pull off that if you failed to cast would have resulted in you being killed?” Sweetie Belle replied in an affirmative yet shocked tone.

“Pretty much.” Twilight replied resulting in a facehoof and a groan from Sweetie Belle.

Twilight turned to face the other two dark armored ponies who were now charging at her and used her magic to knock one to the side unconscious and held the other mid-air before ejecting it into the air at such a speed it was out of sight in a matter of moments. She then turned to the dark armored pony who was just recovering from hitting it's face flat on her magical wall.

“Now...you're going to tell me...” Twilight trailed off making a glance up the library as memories of Spike and her came to mind then looked back to the dark armored pony. “Who is doing this?!” Twilight exclaimed as tears swelled in her eyes yet her facial expression remained pissed as the walked up the dark armored pony.

“I-I-I won't talk!” The dark armored pony stuttered clearly scared out of his wits but attempting to remain brave.

Twilight's eyes began to glow darkly as more memories of her and spike came to mind and the feeling of happiness she had that was suddenly lost when she realized that it was all an illusion and spike was dead.

“Twilight! Don't let your emotions consume you! You of all ponies should know that a unicorns magic is fueled by three things. Our thoughts, memories, and emotions! And we must always keep those in balance! If we let one thought, memory, or emotion consume us it causes us to lose control of our magic!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed realizing that Twilight was beginning to lose control again.

At this remark Twilight suddenly shook her head quickly and then looked at Sweetie Belle and smiled despite the fact tears were still in her eyes. “Thanks Sweetie Belle.” Twilight said at which point the dark armored pony ran before Twilight could stop him. With the immediate threat gone her legs gave way and she began to sob loudly.

Sweetie Belle walked over to her and put a hoof on her shoulder as she sobbed. “I wish you would have left me alone! I was happy again! Spike was alive!” Twilight shouted between sobs.

“Twilight, it was an illusion. They might have been playing their part for now but they would have ended up killing you.” Sweetie Belle replied in a soft comforting tone to the best of her ability.

“I don't care! I was happy! I would have rather died happy than go another day without him!” Twilight replied between sobs in an angry voice.

“Spike's death is torturing her. And what's worse is she's blaming herself for his death.” Sweetie Belle thought to herself doing her best to comfort Twilight. “Twilight....” Was all Sweetie Belle could say as she rubbed her shoulder with her hoof to comfort her.

Twilight then spoke words between sobs that Sweetie Belle couldn't quite understand until she repeated them again. “I'm sorry....” Twilight said between sobs.

“It's okay. I know you didn't mean a word of it.” Sweetie Belle replied with a smile.

“I miss him so much...” Twilight replied her sobs though they were not as loud now.

“I know you do. But we have to help the others.” Sweetie Belle replied at which point Twilight stood on all fours shakily.

“You're right...” Twilight replied wiping her face with her right hoof giving a sniff and a slight cough.

Moments later Twilight and Sweetie Belle were running side by side. “My theory on how this spell works is it puts it's victim in a state of false security that plays off their memories to do this.” Sweetie Belle stated as they ran towards what was left of Apple Acres.

“Like me with seeing Spike alive?” Twilight replied as they drew nearer.

“Exactly. What kind of illusion would put Applejack in that type of state?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“I don't know really. I mean all she really does here on the farm is.......” Twilight trailed off and gave a sudden gasp.

“What is it?” Sweetie Belle replied.

“I know where Applejack is! Follow me!” Twilight exclaimed taking a sharp left turn away from the farm to the apple orchards.

Sure enough twilight's hunch was correct as they found Applejack kicking dead trees in the fields of the apple orchards. “Applejack! Snap out of it!” Twilight exclaimed running up her only to run into an invisible wall that rippled when she hit it.

“What the-?” Twilight said in a confused manner as she placed a hoof on the wall that rippled once again.

Sweetie Belle put a hoof on the wall also,closed her eyes and after a few moments opened them. “It's barrier put in place to keep those not apart of the illusion out. The same one that was around your house i'll bet too which means she can't see us and possibly can't hear us either.” Sweetie Belle said in a matter of fact tone.

“Then i'll just have to destroy it!” Twilight exclaimed as her horn began to glow.

“Wait! You can't!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed causing Twilight to stop concentrating and look at Sweetie Belle with a questioning look.

“Why not?” Twilight asked confused.

“A spell like this is more than a simple illusion. Right now this spell is directly tied to Applejack's mind in order to produce an illusion realistic enough to be believable. If we just up and destroy it we could possibly destroy Applejack's mind too.” Sweetie Belle explained.

“So what the hell are we supposed to do? Just sit back and watch Applejack get killed?!” Twilight exclaimed in a questioning manner.

“She has to break free of the Illusion on her own. If she can hear us we can help somewhat but this barrier seems stronger than the one around your house. I'll bet who ever is casting these spells increased their strength having realized two of us broke free of it. If only Pinkie Pie was here, we could combine forms and I could possible weaken it like I did the magic around you back in Canterlot. At least then our voices could get through.” Sweetie Belle said as she looked on.

“Tell me how to do it.” Twilight said suddenly.

“What? The spell that weakened the magic around you? That's highly advanced magic Twilight. I have no doubt you're a very talented unicorn but you haven't come far enough to be able to perform such a spell.” Sweetie Belle replied.

“Listen here young filly! We don't have time for this master magic nonsense! Now tell me how to do it or i'll bend you over my knee and spank your flank!” Twilight exclaimed causing sweetie Belle to back away despite the fact she was much older than a filly.

“Y-you wouldn't dare!” Sweetie Belle stuttered backing away.

“Oh, I would!” Twilight retorted with a sinister grin and a twinkle in her eyes.

Meanwhile Applejack was still bucking trees.

“Wow. This is hard work! I wonder where Twilight and the others are though? It's not like them to up and run off like that.” Applejack said bucking a tree causing apples to fall from it into baskets.

“I don't know sis. But this trees ain't gonna buck themselves.” Applebloom replied.

“Well i'm buckin as fast as I can. Where is Big mac? I bet the lazy pony is loafin around at the farm.” Applejack said in an annoyed tone.

Meanwhile shortly after this conversation between Applebloom and Applejack Sweetie Belle was rubbing her flank teary eyed while Twilight stood preparing to cast the spell she “convinced” Sweetie Belle to explain to her how to perform.

“I can't believe you actually spanked me! I have you know I’m the same age as you!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed in a pouty tone.

“Consider it a long over due set of birthday spankings then.” Twilight replied with a smirk as she began to concentrate to cast the spell.

Twilight's horn began to glow brightly as a wave of purple magic began to emit from the tip of her horn and soon blanketed over the barrier of the illusion.

“Remember Twilight you have to coax the spell not force it.” Sweetie Belle said after a few moments finally able to stop rubbing her flank even though it was still sore.

“Less talky, more concentratey!” Twilight replied.

“Hey! That's what I said!” Sweetie Belle replied with a smirk.(Play Angel of Darkness now)

“Wow. Sweetie Belle wasn't kidding! This spell is hard!” Twilight thought to herself as she concentrated with all her might. “Maybe she was right....maybe I can't do it.” Twilight thought to herself as sparks of magic began to spout from her horn. “No! I CAN do this! I have to! I must in order to save Applejack!” Twilight thought to herself after a few moments reenforcing her confidence in herself.

“I can't believe it...she's never even attempted such an spell before and she's actually doing it on her first try.” Sweetie Belle thought to herself as she looked on amazed at Twilight then back to the spell she was casting. “No wonder Princess Celestia has such an interest in her. She has such raw magical talent. She may even surpass me when she finally masters it.” Sweetie Belle thought to herself as she continue to look on in awe.

Twilight began to cry out as her horn began to spout out even more sparks.”Hang on Applejack! We're coming! I won't let anyone else die on me!” Twilight thought to herself as memories of Spike came to mind. “I....will.....protect....everyone.....no....matter.....WHAT!” Twilight thought to herself at which point during the last word of her thoughts her eyes shot open and glowed with a bright purple magic.

“No...way...she's not only calming it...she's actually dispelling it in such a way that it won't harm Applejack.....Amazing!” Sweetie Belle thought to herself completely in shock and awe as the spell around Applejack began to dissipate slowly.

Meanwhile Applejack was bucking another tree when suddenly a ripple in the world around her caught her attention.

“What in tarnation was that?!” Applejack exclaimed confused.

Applebloom however at the moment was looking scared. “It can't be... no one can break Trixie's spells...” Applebloom said in a whisper unheard by Applejack.

Yet another ripple shook through the world around Applejack and for a moment Applejack saw dead trees around her and in the next the apple orchard she knew. “What in the hay is going on here Applebloom?” Applejack asked looking back at Applebloom who was quivering in fear.

“Applebloom?” Applejack asked curiously wondering why her younger sister was looking so scared.

“Trixie is going to be so mad it me!” Applebloom shouted out suddenly followed by a high pitched scream before she disappeared.

Moments later one final ripple shook through the world around Applejack and this time the trees remained dead. Applejack looked around herself confused as hell until she saw Sweetie Belle and Twilight who's horn was beginning to dim.

“Twilight? Sweetie Belle? What in the hay is going on here?!” Applejack asked running over to the two ponies.

Twilight's legs gave way and she fell to her chest, legs sprawled out huffing and puffing.

“You were trapped in an illusion. And Twilight broke the spell around you.” Sweetie Belle replied with a smile.

“Really? Hayseed! I can't believe I fell for such a danged illusion.” Applejack said hitting the ground with hoof in frustration.

“Of course the spell I explained to Twilight was merely supposed to weaken it so we could reach you, however she took it to the next level and completely dispelled it. I was shocked that she could do such a thing and I didn't even explain to her how to do it either. I didn't think she could handle it much less casting the spell to weaken the illusion around you to begin with.” Sweetie Belle said and put a hoof on Twilight's shoulder. “Well done, Twilight you exceeded even my expectations with that performance!” Sweetie Belle said with a prideful smile.

Twilight meanwhile was still huffing and puffing clearly unable to reply to these comments. “That....was....hard!” Twilight finally managed to say between huffs and puffs.

“That was a class A-plus spell you just finished casting there. What do you expect it to be? Easy?” Sweetie Belle replied with a giggle.

“I don't think I could cast that spell again for awhile...” Twilight said after a few moments getting to her hooves still huffing an puffing but not as heavily now.

“I would assume not. Class A-plus spells are exhausting even for master magic users such as myself.” Sweetie Belle replied.

“I still can't believe I fell for such a cotton pickin lie though.” Applejack said after a few moments.

“Don't blame yourself Applejack. I fell for the same kind.” Twilight replied with a smile.

“Really? What illusion did you get trapped in? A huge library with every single book you ever wanted?” Applejack replied in a joking manner.

“I saw Spike alive....” Twilight replied in a saddened tone causing Applejack to immediately regret joking about what kind of spell Twilight was trapped in.

“Oh, sugarcube...I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to, I mean....Hayseed!” Applejack replied stumbling over her words and ended in cursing herself for causing Twilight to recall it.

“It's alright. Really it is. After all it was just an illusion. Not like it was real or anything.” Twilight said with a smile that Applejack knew was totally fake but she didn't want to press the matter any farther as they began to walk out of the Apple orchards and past the farm.

“So where are the others? Y'all have any good ideas where to look?” Applejack asked changing the subject.

“Well if I know Pinkie Pie, which I do since she's my other half. She's most likely trapped in an illusion over at sugarcube corner.” Sweetie Belle replied.

“Sugarcube corner, it is then.” Twilight chimed in and they all headed over in that direction.

Once there, they once again ran into the same barrier that surrounded Applejack just short of the door to Sugarcube corner.

“Do you think you can reach her?” Twilight asked looking at Sweetie Belle who now had her eyes closed concentrating and moments later opened them.

“It's no good. Even at this close a range the barrier is preventing any communication between our joined consciousness when I try to connect to her mind.” Sweetie Belle replied.

“Well Hayseed! How in the hay are we supposed to get her out of this here illusion?” Applejack replied stomping a hoof on the ground in frustration.

Meanwhile Pinkie Pie was hopping around her friends having the time of her life when she suddenly stopped. “That's funny...” Pinkie Pie remarked looking to the store door which had a window in it.

“What's funny Pinkie Pie? Come on let us in on the joke!” Rainbow Dash said with a smile.

“Well. I always know when Sweetie Belle is near by because of our connection but for some reason even though Sweetie Belle is in the room I’m getting that twitchy twitch feeling I get when she's near by but I can't see her. But it's faint. I can barely feel it.” Pinkie Pie explained.

“Magical connection? What in the hay you talkin about there Pinkie Pie?” Applejack asked in a confused tone.

“What a second... you all should know!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed. Looking at all her friends suspiciously.

“Come on Pinkie Pie. What are you talking about?” Sweetie Belle said in a sweet tone.

At this remark Pinkie Pie suddenly knew these weren't her real friends. “You guys aren't my friends! You all are some kind of magicky thingy meant to confuse me! And boy you sure did! But I’m not confused anymore!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed backing away from everyone in the room. (Play Bring me to Life now)

“Oh come on now Pinkie Pie. You honestly think we are some kind of trick meant to make you think you're somewhere you're not?” Twilight said with a smile walking up to Pinkie Pie.

“That's exactly what I think!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed,closed her eyes and began to concentrate with all her might. “Come on Sweetie Belle! Help me break this tricky trick!” Pinkie Pie thought to herself hoping she was getting through.

Meanwhile outside Sweetie Belle suddenly let out a gasp.

“What is it?” Twilight asked curiously.

“It's Pinkie Pie! She's trying to break through the illusion to connect with me! She knows it's a fake!” Sweetie Belle replied joyfully.

“You getting this close to her must have sent off her senses that she gets when you two are near each other but can't see each other!” Twilight exclaimed with a smile.

“Exactly, but she needs my help to break the illusion I think.” Sweetie Belle replied.

“Well what y'all waitin for? An invitation? Get to connectin with her!” Applejack chimed with filled with excitement at which point Sweetie Belle gave a nod, closed her eyes, and began to concentrate with all her might as well.

Meanwhile Pinkie Pie continued to concentrate with all her might.

“Pinkie Pie, You're so random!” Rainbow Dash remarked with a giggle.

“Come now sugarcube. Lets continue with the party and we can't do it without y'all!” Applejack said with a smile and began to walk over to her but stopped suddenly at the sight of Pinkie Pie's forehead beginning to twinkle and glow.

“What the heck?!” Twilight exclaimed in confusion. “Pinkie Pie, what in Celestia's name are you doing?!” Twilight asked looking shocked.

“Less talky, more concentratey!” Pinkie Pie replied as the glowing twinkle on her forehead grew brighter and brighter.

Meanwhile outside Sweetie Belle's horn was glowing brighter and brighter as magic began to spout from it in sparks. “Almost.....there.....” Sweetie Belle said in a strained voice.

“Come on Sweetie Belle...you can do it!” Twilight exclaimed cheering her on.

“Come on! Y'all almost got it! Keep it up!” Applejack chimed in.

Suddenly both Pinkie Pie's and Sweetie Belle's eyes shot open simultaneously glowing brightly with a pink magical light. “Illusion begone!” Sweetie Belle and Pinkie Pie shouted in unison at which point a shock wave of magic erupted in the middle of sugarcube corner and echoed outward stopping just short of Pinkie Pie inside and just short of Sweetie Belle just outside of the store.

All of Pinkie Pie's supposed friends in the sugar cube corner disappeared with the exception of one who's form soon changed to be a dark armored Pegasus pony.

The barrier around sugarcube corner suddenly disappeared which was Twilight and Applejack's cue to charge in as Twilight swung open the door to Sugarcube corner and Applejack lunged at the Dark Armored Pegasus pony who was still confused and performed a mid-air buck that knocked it against the wall stunned.

“Sweetie Belle!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed joyfully as Sweetie Belle ran into the store and gave her a loving hug.

“You pink lovable oaf! Why couldn't you tell it was an illusion?” Sweetie replied still hugging her as tears of joy flooded her eyes.

“I don't know. I couldn't tell it was a tricky trick until you got close to me.” Pinkie Pie replied hugging her as well.

“Don't you ever leave my side again! You got me?” Sweetie Belle exclaimed in an angry yet compassionate tone.

“Of course not! I won't fall for anymore magicky magic tricky tricks anymore!” Pinkie Pie replied smiling.

“Shouldn't y'all like-” “Shh! Whoever is casting this spell is able to hear us anywhere in ponyille where an illusion was in place. Wait until we get out of sugarcube corner.” Sweetie Belle said cutting Applejack off.

Once outside, everypony sat down. “Four down....only three to go...anyone have any clues where Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity could be?” Sweetie Belle asked curiously.

“Dashy loves to fly! I bet she's up the sky somewhere! Like right above us!” Pinkie Pie blurted out and began hopping around.

At this everypony looked up and sure enough they saw a bunch of dark clouds that looked completely out of place.

“How did you figure that out so fast?” Applejack asked in a shocked tone.

“It was eeeeee-zeeee!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed still hopping around extending the syllables of the word “easy” as she spoke them.


“She sensed the magic if the illusion above us, in other words.” Sweetie Belle remarked with an eye-roll.

“So how do we get up there? I don't think I could cast a spell strong enough to give us all wings.” Twilight said looking up.

“Hold up, I got an idea y'all!” Applejack said after a few moments and began to run off.

“Wait! Where are you going Applejack?!” Twilight shouted however Applejack was out of hearing distance before she could say those words.

Minuets passed however Applejack had not returned and after about fifteen minuets Twilight stood up.
“I'm going to look for Applejack.” Twilight stated and began to walk in the direction she ran.

“Jeepers, creepers! Look up Twilight!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed pointing a hoof to the sky.

Twilight looked up in the sky and gasped. “She's on a......hang-glider?!” Twilight exclaimed shocked.

“She can't walk on clouds! She'll fall right through when she lands!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed as Applejack was coming in for a landing.

“I got that!” Twilight exclaimed casting a spell quickly just before Applejack landed on the clouds allowing her to walk on them.

Meanwhile up in the sky Applejack had just landed and let out a sigh of relief. “Whew.. glad they saw me comin. I don't know what i'd done if Twilight hadn't cast that spell when she did.” Applejack thought looking at the barrier.

FLASHBACK(Play Can't let go by Mariah Carey now)

“What in the cotton picken hay has gotten into me? Why am I running off like some half brained hero for?” Applejack thought to herself as she continued to run to the farm.

“But even though i'm telling my legs to stop running this way and turn back...they won't listen.” Applejack said aloud looking down at her hooves for a moment then back up towards the farm.

It was at this point the memories of her and Rainbow Dash began to pour into her head. The fun they had at the running of the leaves...the hard times they shared...and even the times where their lives were on the line. Suddenly Applejack found herself running even faster if possible. “I don't get it...what in the hay's come over me?” Applejack thought to herself as she opened the door to the barn shed and saw her hang-glider and that it was still in great condition.

“Hang on, dashy! AJ's comin!” Applejack said with a wide smile then in the next moment shook her head. “Dashy? AJ? What the hay? Ugh...this damned pony apocalypse crap is getting to my head.” Applejack said with a facehoof, grabbed the hang-glider and began to drag over to the mountain range which only took her a few minuets as it was close by.

Applejack made a mad dash for the cliff,jumped, and began plummeting to the ground.

“Whooooaaaaa, nelly! Come on ya confounded contraption!” Applejack shouted pulling as hard as she could on the lever, found herself evening up, and took to the skies moments later. The feeling of the wind blowing through her mane, the crisp cold air hitting her face, and the sight of all of Ponyville under her hooves. This is what it must have felt like for Rainbow Dash every time she took to the skies.
Applejack always had a hidden desire to fly in the skies and always envied Rainbow Dash when she would take off from the ground and to the skies but never mustered the courage to say so...

She soon began to recall the rush of running along side of her, the happiness she felt....Soon the memories of her watching Rainbow Dash take the skies then began to flow through her mind.

Each and every time in her memories she would recall the feeling of longing she felt as she watched Rainbow Dash fly off. The memories of sudden sadness she felt each and every time Rainbow Dash opened her wings and took to the skies suddenly, as she could only watch from the ground....

“Dashy...why didn't you ever take me with you?” Applejack said quietly to herself then suddenly went wide eyed and shook her head. “Get a hold of yourself Applejack!” Applejack said aloud as she began to near the dark clouds. “Hayseed! I forgot I can't walk on clouds!” Applejack exclaimed as she neared them. She was about to pull away when suddenly she felt a tingling on her hoofs,looked down, and saw Twilight's horn glowing. “Nice one Twilight! Thanks!” Applejack said with a smile and landed on the clouds.

END FLASHBACK

“Now how In tarnation am I going to get through to her...” Applejack asked aloud as she put a hoof on the barrier as she watched Rainbow Dash.

Meanwhile Rainbow Dash was trying on different types of uniforms. “eh...needs to be twenty percent cooler.” She remarked wearing one outfit. “Ugh. This looks lame.” She remarked wearing another outfit.

About twenty outfits later Rainbow dash still didn't like a single one. “Maybe we could get Rarity to make me one. She's a pro at making outfits!” Rainbow Dash said after a few moments taking off the outfit.

“You can't!” Soarin exclaimed then cleared her throat. “I mean, we only use the best outfits. Someone like her could never make such a awesome outfit like ours.” Soarin said after a moment.

“I don't know about that. She makes some pretty awesome outfits like the one for the gala. That one was cool as hell.” Rainbow Dash replied taking note of her sudden rude tone but ignored it.

Meanwhile outside of the illusion Applejack was trying everything she knew to get through to her. “Come on Rainbow! Can't y'all hear me?! You stuck in a cotton pickin spell for pony's sake!” Applejack shouted.

Meanwhile on the ground Pinkie pie, Sweetie Belle, Pinkie Pie could only look on hearing Applejack's faint shouts.

“It's no good. She won't get through to Rainbow Dash. She barrier is too strong. I'm going to go up there and help her.” Twilight said and began to concentrate to cast a spell however Sweetie Belle put a hoof on shoulder.

“You can't.” Sweetie Belle said simply looking up.

“What do you mean? Applejack is going to be too late at this rate!” Twilight replied in a worried yet panicked tone.

“This is Applejack's battle...at this point the only one of us who could have any chance of reaching Rainbow is Applejack.” Sweetie Belle replied.

“How the heck is she supposed to reach her?” Twilight asked incredulously.

“Through her heart....” Sweetie Belle replied trailing off as she looked on.

“Wait, huh?! You mean Applejack is...” Twilight began to say then trailed off as she recalled the argument from before between Applejack and Rainbow Dash. “It makes sense now! But wait that means....” Twilight said after a few moments only to trail off again looking at Pinkie Pie.

Meanwhile up in the sky Applejack was still trying to reach Rainbow Dash.

“Damn it Dashy...if you don't break free soon they are gonna kill Y'all....” Applejack said tears streaming from her eyes as she continued to watch on as Rainbow Dash talked to whom she thought were the Wonderbolts.

More memories of the times they shared went through her mind causing her tears to begin pouring from her eyes as she looked on. “I can't be fightin it any longer....” Applejack said as she continued to look on. “I'm.....” Applejack trailed off looking on. “I....” Applejack trailed off once again feeling as if she was unable to finish the sentence for some reason. “I'm in love with......” Applejack said trailing off once again however this time she took and deep breath.


Meanwhile Rainbow Dash was trying on another outfit and looking at herself in the mirror.

“Hey this looks-” Rainbow Dash began to say until she heard a voice suddenly.

“I love you Rainbow Dash! And I can't bare to see y'all like this any longer!” Applejack's voice rang out from seemingly no where.

“Applejack?” Rainbow Dash said slowly. She didn't hear her voice but somehow felt it deep within the core of her being.

“What's up Rainbow?” Spitfire asked curiously.

“Please! Don't make me watch you like this anymore!” Applejack's voice rang out again.

Meanwhile outside of the illusion Applejack noticed one of the supposed Wonderbolts was slowly walking behind Rainbow stopped and was posing to stab her in the back with a sudden dark armored and sharpened hoof.

“Dashy! Noooo!” Applejack literally screamed out banging on the barrier until she suddenly phased through it. Without hesitation she charged strait for the supposed Wonderbolt and tackled it to the ground leaving it stunned.

“Applejack?! How the hell are you walking on clouds?!” Rainbow dash asked in shock until she saw the Wonderbolt on the ground with a dark armored and sharpened hoof. “Wait a second! You guys aren't the Wonderbolts! You're a bunch of fakes!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

“How the hell did she get in here?!” Soarin asked Spitfire who looked confused.

“I'll tell y'all how. No magic in the danged gum world can stop love.” Applejack replied standing up and walking beside Rainbow Dash.

“You-you love me?” Rainbow Dash asked with a blush on her face looking shocked but not disgusted at all.

“Yeah, I was just too darn hard headed to admit it till now.” Applejack replied sporting the same blush.

“Ugh..this is making me sick! Just kill them!” Soarin blurted out and in the next moment the Wonderbolt headquarters turned into an empty field of dark clouds. And the Wonderbolts themselves soon turned into dark armored Pegasus ponies who were now charging strait for Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash looked at each other, both grinned, spit of each ones hoof, and slapped them together before jumping in the opposite direction of each other causing the two dark armored ponies to jump and land in the gap between them. In the next moment Applejack and Rainbow Dash charged forward, jumped, turned away mid-air so that their hind ends were facing the dark armored ponies, and bucked both dark armored ponies nearly simultaneously causing their heads to collide with each other and knock them out with a loud “clang!” as their helmets collided.

“Nice moves there Dashy.” Applejack said with a smile.

“Back at ya A-J” Rainbow Dash replied with the same smile.

Both ponies looked at each not saying a word for a moment. “Listen.. Rainbow. I don't know how y'all feel about me. But I can't hide my feelins for y'all any longer.” Applejack said trying to break the uneasy silence between them.

“Applejack...I...” Rainbow Dash trailed off lowering her head.

“I see...” Applejack replied looking heartbroken lowering her head also. “Well I suppose it was-” Applejack began to say until she was cut off abruptly by Rainbow Dash's mouth locking with her's.

Applejack was taken back at first but only at first and returned the kiss. Applejack's legs soon gave wave and Rainbow Dash fell on top of her. “You clumsy pony.” Rainbow Dash said with a giggle before they locked mouths kissing passionately as they ran hooves around each others backs...

Meanwhile on the ground Twilight was sitting there looking shocked but happy.

“I don't know how she did it. But she did!” Twilight said with a smile.

“The barrier's been down for awhile now...are you sure they are okay?” Pinkie Pie said after a few moments.

“I'm sure they are Pinkie Pie, but what's taking them so long?” Twilight asked curiously.

“I don't think we want to know....” Sweetie Belle replied trailing off.

“Wait...they can't be...they are....now?!” Twilight replied looking shocked as she stumbled over her words unable to make a proper sentence.

“Can't stop love I suppose...” Sweetie Belle said with a smile looking at Twilight.

Twilight's eyes widened then put both hooves on her head after a few moments. “Ahh! No! I can't get the images out of my head now!” Twilight exclaimed with a long and comically antagonizing groan causing both Sweetie Belle and Pinkie Pie to fall to their sides laughing.

Twenty minuets later Rainbow Dash could be seen carrying Applejack as she flew to the ground. “Sorry it took us so long we were-” I don't wanna know. Lets just leave it at that okay?” Twilight said putting a hoof up to cut off Rainbow Dash while Sweetie Belle and Pinkie Pie giggled.

“How in the hay could you know-” “I said drop it! I get it. You took are madly in love with each. I don't need the details okay?” Twilight said cutting off Applejack this time.

This caused both Applejack and Rainbow Dash to blush deeply and giggle. “Well we were gonna tell you y'all that we are a couple now but I guess y'all already figured that out.” Applejack said with a smile after a few moments nuzzling Rainbow Dash's cheek affectionately.

“So where do you think the others are?” Rainbow Dash asked trying to break the uneasy atmosphere. That was surrounding Twilight.

“I haven't the foggiest.” Twilight replied.

“Well why don't we try everypony's homes?” Sweetie Belle suggested.

“Worth a shot I reckon.” Applejack replied.

Meanwhile Rarity was posing for photo shoots as Photo Finish took picture after picture.

“That's it! Just like that! Marvelous!” Photo Finish exclaimed with a smile.

“Well if I am the most beautiful pony in all of Equestia. So I guess I’m a natural!” Rarity replied striking a regal and proud pose with one hoof on her chest as Photo Finish took photo after photo.

“Yes! You are a complete natural! That is why I Photo Finish chose you!” Photo Finish exclaimed.

Meanwhile outside of Rarity's house Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Sweetie Belle stood outside watching from outside the barrier.
“How does this NOT surprise me?” Rainbow Dash said in an annoyed tone putting an emphasis on the word “not” as she spoke it.

“Come on Dashy. This is serious.” Applejack replied in a concerned tone.

“I know but still...” Rainbow Dash replied and sighed.

“Okay, anypony have an idea of how we are gonna reach her?” Twilight asked looking at her friends.

“I got one...” Rainbow Dash said with a mischievous smirk.

Meanwhile Rarity was making a different pose now as Photo Finish took pictures.

“Boo! You're ugly as a mule!” Rainbow Dash's voice rang out causing Rarity's eyes to flash open looking pissed off.

“Who said that?!” Rarity exclaimed looking around.

“I did! You couldn't look beautiful even if the fate of Equestia rode on your looks alone!” Rainbow Dash's voice rang out again.

“What are you doing? Come now! Pose and let me take pictures so I can make you shine all a crossed Equestia!” Photo Finish exclaimed looking irritated.

“A Flashlight with a dying battery could shine brighter than you!” Rainbow Dash's voice rang out seemingly from nowhere.

“Rainbow Dash?! Where are you?! I'm going to stop you're blue head into the ground for saying those cruel things!” Rarity retorted angrily.

“I'm outside! Come and get me you ugly mule!” Rainbow Dash's voice rang out.

“oohhh.. It. Is. On!” Rarity exclaimed and stepped down from the posing platform.

Meanwhile outside of Rarity's house.

“I can't believe this is actually working...” Twilight said looking dumfounded with a hoof on her face.

“Rarity's going to stomp y'all skull into the ground....” Applejack said looking uneasy.

“I don't think I've ever seen Rarity this mad!” Pinkie Pie chimed in looking slightly scared.

“Even if this breaks the illusion, this won't end well...” Sweetie Belle remarked followed by a groan.

Meanwhile Rarity was taking one step at a time stomping the ground with each step she took leaving imprints of her hooves in her wake.

“Wait! You can't! If you leave i'll never-” Photo Finish began to say only to have her glasses smashed into her face and fall to the ground out cold by Rarity as she walked past her.
“Whoa nelly! I think you should get to sayin you sorry now Dashy.” Applejack exclaimed after seeing Rarity smash the supposed Photo Finish's face in.

Rainbow Dash however was laughing her tail off and not really listening. “Once she's outside I will but this just too funny to not watch!” Rainbow Dash said laughing.

“Applejack I suggest you stand by the door and be ready to grab Rarity by the tail...” Twilight said with a sense of unease in her voice to which Applejack nodded,walked up next to the door, and stood there.

Moments later the door was nearly knocked off it's hinges as Rarity kicked it open at which point the illusion around disappeared however Rarity hadn't noticed and lunged at Rainbow Dash only to have her tail grabbed by Applejack's mouth as she tried with all her might to hold her back.

“Hold it there missy! Dashy was only trying to help you break the spell!” Applejack said through gritted teeth however Rarity wasn't listening.

“Listen to her Rarity! I was only joking around! I didn't mean a word of it!” Rainbow Dash said trying to get through to her however she seemed to be failing.

“She's blacked out.” Sweetie Belle stated simply, jumped up, and gave her a strong buck to the skull knocking her out.

Rarity came to moments later holding her head. “Oh goodness. What happened?” Rarity asked looking around confused.

“Rainbow Dash got you to break the spell on yourself...but I think she took it a bit too far...” Twilight explained giving Rainbow a disapproving look.

“So everything she said...” Rarity trailed off looking at Rainbow Dash.

“I didn't mean a word of it Rarity.” Rainbow Dash said with a sincere smile.

“Well then I must thank you Rainbow but there's just one thing...” Rarity said trailing off as she walked up to Rainbow Dash and slapped her out of the blue. “Don't EVER call me a mule again. Are we clear?” Rarity said with a stern look.

“Crystal....” Rainbow replied rubbing her cheek.

“I think y'all deserved that a little bit Dashy.” Applejack said with a smirk.

“Yeah,yeah. I know.” Rainbow Dash replied having stopped rubbing her cheek.

“One question I have is how the heck did Rainbow reach you?” Twilight asked curiously looking at Rarity.

“I can answer that one.” Applejack said raising a hoof. “Rarity here was raised by a proper family as y'all know and being called a mule in a high classy society like she lived in was the biggest insult one high class pony could say to another. It means that the pony was not of pure high class lineage and was a fake trying to fit into a high class society.” Applejack explained and stopped for a moment to let everyone take that in then continued. “So when Dashy here called her that it lit her fuse faster than a short fused pile keg and made her blow her top big time.” Applejack explained.

“That's right. But how could you possibly know this Applejack?” Rarity said looking stunned at the fact Applejack knew this.

“Because I got called it quite often when I was young filly, during the time I was living with my aunt and uncle in fillidephia.” Applejack replied.

“Oh, you mean before you got your cutie mark?” Sweetie Belle chimed in.

“Yep. That was the part I left out that happened just before I felt homesick. I felt it was a bit explicit for a young filly such as yourself to hear so I left it out.” Applejack replied with a smile.

“But that still doesn't explain how her voice got through the barrier.” Twilight said after a few moments.

“I didn't know if it would work either but I figured if anything could get through to her it was a hit on her looks.” Rainbow Dash replied with a grin earning a glare from Rarity.

“Well now that this is cleared up, we got one last pony to find.” Sweetie Belle said looking over in the direction of where Fluttershy's house was.

“Lets get going then.” Twilight replied at which point the ponies began to make their way to Fluttershy's cottage.

Meanwhile a few miles outside of Ponyville Trixie stood watching all of this happen with a smile on her face when a solder colt walked up next to her. “You fooled around with them for too long General Trixie. Now all but one has escaped.” The solider colt said simply.

“Let me put this in terms you feeble mind can comprehend...in a game of chess, the pawns go first. They allow the player to gain vital information on their opponents strategy and also extra small things such as how they react when a piece is taken so they know if they are bluffing or not. Or in this case that vital information being...something about a book and their memories.” Trixie replied not looking away.

“So?” The solider colt replied clearly not getting what she was talking about.

“So in other words you incompetent moron. My pawns are the only things that have been taken so far..now they get to face my rooks,knights,bishops, and finally if they live that long....the queen.” Trixie said putting a hoof on her chest as she said the word “queen”.

Meanwhile back in Ponyville the six ponies finally were at the door to Fluttershy's cottage.

“Yep...she's in there alright.” Twilight remarked placing a hoof on the invisible barrier watching it ripple as she touched it.

“So any bright ideas on getting in there?” Rainbow Dash asked to which Twilight shook her head.

Sweetie Belle placed a hoof on the barrier, closed her eyes for a few moments, then opened them. “The caster of this spell has pulled out all the stops on this one. There is no way we are getting through to her nor is Twilight's magic strong enough for this one even with her raw magical talent as powerful as it is.” Sweetie Belle said in a matter of fact tone.

“So what the hay do we do then?” Applejack asked in a worried tone.

“There's no choice...i wanted to avoid doing this until we were out of Ponyville because of the caster's spells being their eyes and ears in this town but there's no other option.” Sweetie Belle said, walked over to Pinkie Pie and in a flash of light revealed their combined form.

“Stand back. This is going to get messy.” Pinkie pie said and began to concentrate to cast a spell. Soon a blanket of pink magic began to coat the illusion around Fluttershy's cottage.

“What are you going to do? Weaken it like before?” Twilight asked curiously as Pinkie Pie continued to concentrate.

“No. this spell is far to powerful to simply be weakened. I've got to dispel it.” Pinkie Pie replied as sparks of magic began to spout from her horn.

The Ponies watched on as Pinkie Pie continued to cast her spell causing the illusion around Fluttershy ripple ever so slightly.

Meanwhile Fluttershy was tending to the wounded puppy.

“There, there now! We will have you feeling well in no time!” Fluttershy said with a smile as she gave the puppy some warm soup.

Just then a ripple in the world around Fluttershy made her look around. “Oh, my. What was that?” Fluttershy said looking away from the puppy around her home.

“It was probably nothing so how are-” Fluttershy began to say but let out a startled gasp as the small puppy who was there a few moments ago we now a very large and menacing looking wolf.

Suddenly all the ponies heard Fluttershy's horrified scream and a clatter.

“Hurry up! You gotta cast that spell faster than that! Fluttershy's in danger!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed looking positively scared as hell for Fluttershy's life.

“I'm casting this as fast...as...i can!” Pinkie Pie said in a strained tone.(Play Angel of Darkness now)

“Then let me help!” Twilight exclaimed standing next to Pinkie Pie and began to concentrate with all her might to cast the same spell.

“Do you have any idea....how to synchronize to my spell?” Pinkie Pie asked once again in a strained tone.

“Nope! But it's worth a shot!” Twilight replied as she continued to concentrate as a purple cloud of magic began to overlap Pinkie Pie's coat of pink magic.
“What happens if they can't synchronize their spells right?” Applejack asked.

“I'm no expert. But if I recall correctly magic synchronization is a highly advanced magic that requires both unicorns cast their spells in such a way they work together and if they don't well.....boom.” Rarity said trailing off for a moment and saying the word “boom” in a high pitched scared tone.

“What do you mean, boom?!” Rainbow dash asked in a panicked tone.

“Just that....if they can't synchronize their spells will reject each other resulting in a explosion.” Rarity explained looking worried with a tone to match it.

“What the hay can we do?” Applejack asked in the same panicked tone.

“Nothing but have faith in Twilight an Pinkie Pie's magic.” Rarity said with a nervous smile.

“If you guys wanna run....i won't blame you..” Twilight said in a strained tone.

“Yeah, we won't be mad at ya.” Pinkie Pie chimed in with the same strained tone.

“Nothin doin! We're a family, and family stays together!” Applejack said proudly.

“Exactly!” Rainbow Dash chimed in.

“I couldn't agree more. We have your flank now break that spell!” Rarity exclaimed in a encouraging tone.

Twilight and Pinkie Pie looked at the three with a smile,nodded and began to concentrate with all their might as sparks of magic spouted from their horns as if it was pouring down rain from their horns.

Another terrified scream could be heard coming from within the cottage followed by a shattering sound. “Come on....” Applejack said taking hold of Rainbow's hoof with her own and gripping it tightly.

“I WILL save Fluttershy!” Twilight thought to herself.

Twilight suddenly found herself in a bright room filled with pink magic.

“Hey! You made it Twilight!” Sweetie Belle's voice called out as she came into view.

“Where is this place?” Twilight asked curiously looking behind herself an noticed a bright room behind her filled with purple magic.

“This is what happens when two unicorns synchronize their magic. Right now our consciousness are linked as one. Now we both just need to concentrate with all our might on the same spell and it should work!” Sweetie Belle explained.

“Where's Pinkie Pie?” Twilight asked curiously looking around.

“Oh silly me I should have explained that. In our mind my form is the dominate one.” Sweetie Belle explained with a smile.

“Oh. Well lets get concentrating then!” Twilight replied with a smile.

“Okay. Place both your front hooves on mine. “Sweetie Belle instructed to which Twilight obeyed.

“Now. Concentrate will all your being on the spell at hoof!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed closing her eyes.

Twilight did as she was told however when she began to concentrate images of Spike's death began to shoot through her head at which point a sudden fissure appeared between them. Sweetie Belle opened her eyes and looked around in shock.

“Twilight! You have to overcome your guilt or we can't synchronize our spells! Spike's death wasn't your fault!” Sweetie shouted as the gap between them became bigger.

“Yes it was! I should have protected him!” Twilight shouted tears swelling in her eyes.

Meanwhile outside of their minds the magic around he cottage began to fissure and sputter causing Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity to give panicked looks as Rainbow Dash and Applejack hugged each other tightly.

Meanwhile back inside Twilight and Pinkie Pie's mind...

“Twilight listen to me! You couldn't have done anything! It happened so fast that there was nothing you could do!” Sweetie Belle shouted though now her voice was becoming faint as the rift between them became even bigger.

“Yes, I could have! I could have given my life in exchange for his, jumped in the way, or something, anything! So he would still be alive!” Twilight shouted back tears flooded from her eyes.

“Twilight, listen to me! You can't keep blaming yourself. Think back to when it happened! I know it's painful but you must! You'll see that there was nothing you could do! Please Twilight! Fluttershy is going to die if we don't work together!” Sweetie Belle shouted.

“But it's all my fault....” Twilight said to herself.

Meanwhile outside of their mind the magic around the cottage was becoming even more unstable as it fissured even more fiercely. “If we die here. At least I know I can die without regretting that I never told y'all about my true feelins for you Dashy.” Applejack said and kissed Rainbow Dash passionately.

“Don't worry Applejack. Twilight and Pinkie Pie won't let us down...” Rainbow Dash said after the kiss and looked back up to the cottage and the magic which was continued to fissure fiercely. (if it's stopped playing. Play Angel of Darkness again!)

Meanwhile back inside Twilight and Pinkie Pie's minds...

Twilight found herself in a all too familiar yet horrifying scene. The dark armored solider ponies rammed down the door to her house. Twilight looked as she watched from a third person perspective as the event happened. She watched herself gasp in horror as the dark armored ponies came at her. And then what happened next she didn't recall seeing before. As if in slow motion Spike lunged himself directly in front of Twilight and was impaled mid-air then thrown to the side. In the next she saw Applejack give the same solider pony a buck to the skull knocking it away from her.

“He gave his life for me.....” Twilight said slowly coming to the realization that of what Spike just did in that scene. “He sacrificed himself....” Twilight trailed off. “For me....” Twilight said after a few moments until she came upon the letter on the ground. She recalled glancing at it before they left but never gave it a decent look.

The letter read:

Twilight. You destiny has come. Prepare to die!

Signed,

Trixie

“Oh my god....” Twilight said trailing off. “The letter didn't say Princess Celestia was missing at all! It was a letter from Trixie saying she had me marked for death...” Twilight said trailing off once again as she took this information in. “Spike knew this....” Twilight said trailing off once again and then saw the horrifying scene she remembered all too well. Spike laying dead in a puddle of his own blood. “so when those dark armored ponies charged in he threw the letter to the side and protected me....” Twilight said after a few moments tears still in her eyes but the feeling of guilt was no longer overwhelming her. Instead it was slowly being replaced with a new emotion. An emotion of admiration yet sadness.

Twilight looked on at Spike smiling then her facial expression turned to one of determination. “I won't let your sacrifice be in vain spike!” Twilight exclaimed and the scene around her disappeared and in the next moment the rift between her and Sweetie Belle suddenly disappeared and they were standing in front of each other once again.

“Twilight! You did it!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed happily.

“Yes. Spike gave his life to protect me. He did the most noble thing anyone could do.” Twilight said tears in her eyes still then looked hooves with Sweetie Belle. “Now come on! We got a pony to save!” Twilight exclaimed with a smile at which point Sweetie Belle nodded and they both began to concentrate with all their might.

Meanwhile outside of their minds the magic around the cottage suddenly calmed and began to dispel the illusion faster than ever.

“They did it! They synchronized their magic!” Rarity exclaimed happily earning cheers from both Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

After a few more moments the barrier around Fluttershy's cottage completely disappeared at which point Twilight and Pinkie Pie both fell to the ground huffing and puffing. In the next moment a flash of light emitting from Pinkie Pie and Sweetie Belle appeared next to Pinkie Pie huffing and puffing too.

“That took more out of me than I thought.” Sweetie Belle said between huffs and puffs while Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash charged in.

once inside they saw Fluttershy laying in a corner bruised with cuts all over her body but she was still breathing. Applejack was first to see this and gasped.

“Oh my god! Fluttershy!” Rarity exclaimed and began to run over to her only to be cut off by the wolf jumping in front of her.

“Oh that tears it! No more gentle Applejack!” Applejack exclaimed filled with an unspeakable rage.

Before Rarity or Rainbow Dash could do anything Applejack lunged forward tackling the wolf to the ground and began to beat the living shit out of it with her hooves only to be kicked off moments later into the wall however she recovered quickly and tackled the wolf again.

“How could y'all do something so terrible to a pony who wouldn't hurt a fly?!” Applejack nearly screamed as she pounding the living daylights out of the wolf again however she was once again kicked off and this time was pounced by the wolf.

“Applejack!” “ AJ!” Rarity and Rainbow Dash shouted at once and began to run to her aid.

“Stay back! This varmint is mine!” Applejack shouted causing Rarity and Rainbow to stop in their tracks as it became obvious that was she was holding the wolf's mouth away with her front hooves even though she was straining to do so.

“You want as piece of this pony?! Well you're going to have to work for your meal bub!” Applejack shouted, kicked the wolf off her, and then proceeded to tackle it again.

Rarity and rainbow could only watch as Applejack and the wolf took turns pinning each other and kicking each other off them till Applejack landed on top of the wolf's back in a lunge as the wolf attempted to move out of the way of getting pinned.

The wolf bucked and flung itself around to try to get Applejack off it's back but she wouldn't budge. Applejack then put one hoof on each side of the wolf's head. “Sorry to cut this rodeo short, but you're one bull who needs to be put...” Applejack trailed off as she began to attempt to twist the wolf's neck in one direction even though it was trying to resist with all it's might. “Down!” Applejack shouted followed by a sickening snapping sound at which point the wolf's eyes rolled into the back of it's head and fell to the ground dead.

Applejack then hopped off the wolf's back looking even more bruised and cut up than Fluttershy did but still standing...that is until her legs gave way only to fall onto Rainbow Dash's back as she speed over to her to catch her mid-fall. “I got ya hon...” Rainbow Dash said with a smile as she carried Applejack over to the other side of the room.

“You silly pony. Why didn't you let me help ya?” Rainbow Dash asked Applejack as she began to lay her down on the floor.

“Heh. I reckon I wasn't in my right head thar.” Applejack replied with a chuckle.

“I'll say.” Rainbow Dash said with a smile and giggle before she gave her a short yet passionate kiss. “But that was a very cool thing you did there.” Rainbow Dash said after the kiss with a smile.

“How's Fluttershy?” Applejack asked after a few moments trying to stand up but couldn't as a sharp pain in her side caused her to give out a cry of pain and fall back to the floor.

“She's okay and in better condition than you might I add.” Rarity replied examining Fluttershy.

At this time Twilight, Pinkie Pie, and Sweetie Belle came running in and stopped at the sight that beheld them. “Who did this?” Twilight asked astonished.

“You can thank this crazy pony over here for that little scene right there.” Rainbow Dash said with a smile pointing at Applejack who gave a weak chuckle.

“Holy molly! Applejack, are you out of your mind? You took on a scary wolf on your own?!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed looking at the dead wolf and back to Applejack.

It was at this time that Fluttershy was coming too. “Rarity?” Fluttershy said in her natural whispering tone but you could tell it was pained.

“We are all here for you Fluttershy.” Twilight said causing Fluttershy's glance to go from Rarity to everypony behind her and then to the other sight of the room.

“Oh, my gosh! What happened to Applejack?!” Fluttershy asked as she forced herself to stand up even though she let out a pained cry as she did so.

“Fluttershy don't try to walk. You may be fine but you need to rest.” Rarity said but Fluttershy ignored her.

“Don't worry about me. Applejack needs medical attention now. Quickly go get my medical supplies in the back I usually use to treat small woodland animals!” Fluttershy exclaimed at which point Rarity did as she said even though the statement wasn't directed at her.

Fluttershy limped over to Applejack and looked over him. “Oh dear me. These wounds are serious.” Fluttershy said giving a wide-eyed look.

“What's y'all talkin about? This is nothin.” Applejack said though she fact she couldn't move an inch said otherwise.

“Don't be stupid! If these wounds go untreated you could die!” Fluttershy exclaimed. Even though she still whispered you could hear the urgency in her voice all the same.

At this point Rarity was rushing up next to Fluttershy with a box of medical supplies in her mouth by the handle.

“Listen carefully Rarity. When I ask for something I need it handed to me without hesitation otherwise Applejack could die.” Fluttershy said in a matter of fact tone.

“Are her injuries that serious?” Twilight asked in a worried tone.

“Oh dang. I reckon you ain't jokin...i'm startin to feel....” Applejack said in a light headed tone before she passed out.
“Applejack?! AJ?! Answer me!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed in a panicked tone shaking Applejack.

“Twilight, Get Rainbow away from here. I don't care if you have to put her under a sleeping spell! I need room to take care of Applejack! Rarity, hand me some gauze, bandages, disinfectant, and my sewing kit now!” Fluttershy exclaimed in a voice much like her normal whispering tone at which point much to Rainbow Dash's dismay Twilight lifted her up with her magic and moved her over next to her. And Rarity quickly used her magic to get the said items out as quickly as possible.

Each minuet that passed felt like hours to the ponies as Fluttershy asked for item after item from Rarity, used her mouth and wings to hold the items leveled so she could operate on Applejack. Rainbow Dash looked on as she paced back and forth tears in her eyes.

“Is she going to be okay?” Rainbow Dash asked her voice cracking as she spoke.

“I...don't know..” Twilight replied tears in her eyes as well as they looked on

Hours seemed to pass by as Fluttershy continued to ask for sometimes the same item or a completely different one ever so often until she finally stopped asking for items and used her sewing kit to sew up one last deep cut.

Fluttershy limped away and let out a deep sigh. “Is she going to be okay? Please tell me she's going to be okay!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed shaking Fluttershy until Twilight stopped her. “Calm the hell down Rainbow! Panicking like this won't help anything!” Twilight exclaimed then looked at Fluttershy.

“It all depends on Applejack now. I've done what I can.” Fluttershy said which didn't make any of the ponies feel better.

Everypony's mood as on pins and needles as they waited with Fluttershy checking on her ever so often to make sure she was still breathing.

“I should have helped her! Damn you Rainbow! You such a idiot!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed and began hitting her head against the wall suddenly.

“Stop that!” Twilight exclaimed trying to stop Rainbow Dash from banging her head against the wall but no matter how much she tried should couldn't. “Damn it, Rainbow Dash! I said stop it!” screamed using her magic to stop her head from hitting the wall only to be shoved to the ground.

“I didn't see you doing anything!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed angrily.

“I was exhausted as fuck from casting a extremely difficult spell with Pinkie Pie! Hello! I could barely move let alone talk!” Twilight retorted as her anger began to rise.

“Would you two calm you damned tails! Or so help help me, I’ll combine with Sweetie Belle and put you both in a damned strait jacket!” Pinkie Pie shouted at the top of her lungs causing both Rainbow Dash and Twilight to gawk in her direction slack-jawed then to Sweetie Belle.

“Don't look at me! She was the one thinking it!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed defensively.


“Sorry Twilight...i guess I’m just worried about Applejack.” Rainbow Dash said after a few moments followed by a sigh.

“You and me both.” Twilight replied with a smile at which point they hugged each other.

“I can't lose her Twilight...I've been in love with her for as long as I can remember.” Rainbow Dash said in a whisper as tears streaked down her cheeks.

“You listen to me Rainbow Dash, Applejack is a strong pony. Stronger than all of us combined. She will pull through!” Twilight exclaimed still hugging her even more tightly now.

Meanwhile a few miles outside of Ponyville. “What do you know...they defeated my rooks....but the knights are now in position. How will you will you handle them Twilight?” Trixie asked aloud with a cruel sneer on her face....