• Published 1st Mar 2014
  • 6,802 Views, 77 Comments

Pattycakes 3 - AlliePastel



The aftermath of Fluttershy's "Foaluma" experiments are starting to affect her friends. For better or for worst is the question.

  • ...
44
 77
 6,802

Chapter 1 (Edited)

//------------------------------------// Pattycakes 3 by Oliver-England //------------------------------------//


Chapter 1

It had been weeks since the events of Fluttershy’s ‘game’ took place; ever since the young crusader found herself spending more time with the veterinarian pony.

“I-is she asleep?” Scootaloo asked, confused over her former idol’s state of consciousness.

Fluttershy turned to the filly smiling, “Yes Scootaloo, be quiet now. You wouldn’t want to wake the baby now would you”?
Scootaloo cringed at that word, “The… ‘baby’”.

It had been a long time since Scootaloo had seen her hero in her glory. Soaring up thousands of feet into the sky, untouchable and free; and yet there she laid, diapered and clueless.

The sight of such a formally proud pony turned foal made Scootaloo uncomfortable every time she thought about it. When she changed Rarity, it made her want close her eyes. But like her friend’s mental condition, it lurked over her subconscious like a dead body on a murderer’s mind.

What was worse was Scootaloo knew that she had caused the pain, struck the blow; SHE made the decision to strip her hero of her pride and control her fate… and it was permanent. Scootaloo wanted to throw up.

The older Pegasus looked down at the sickly looking child. “Is something on your mind Scootaloo?”

Scootaloo looked up at Flutters, the dark night air made everything hard to see. Nothing helped her vision but the dim luminance of a night light.

Scootaloo shook her head, “N-no it’s just… is it alright that this feels weird to me Fluttershy?” Scootaloo wrapped her hooves around Rainbow Dash’s crib cage.

Fluttershy redirected her attention to the nearby changing table. She picked up one of the diapers she uses for Rainbow Dash and set it on top of the changing table’s padded surface, “What do you mean Scootaloo?” Fluttershy turned around and looked down, confused about the young filly’s question.

Scootaloo frowned, “Ever since my incident with Rainbow Dash, I’ve been thinking a lot about-”

Before Scootaloo could finish her sentence a loud *BANG!* of lighting disrupted the night air. In the background the gentle whimpers of Rainbow Dash were heard.

Fluttershy looked over at the cyan Pegasus before she guided her attention back towards Scootaloo, “Scootaloo hon?”

“Yeah?” Scootaloo said, looking upwards at Fluttershy. Scootaloo was holding onto Fluttershy’s legs, she didn’t even notice. A small blush seized the child’s face.

Fluttershy smiled, holding the smaller Pegasus closer, “How about you spend the night with me? Your mom won’t mind will she?”

Scootaloo’s voice went meek as she tried to sound genuine, “Oh yeah… I’m sure she wouldn’t mind.” Scootaloo bit her lower lip. In all actuality the filly’s parents had abandoned her many months ago. A warm sensation overcame Scootaloo’s body as the reassurance of a comfortable bed flooded her mind.

Fluttershy set her hoof on the filly’s back as she guided Scootaloo towards the direction of the door. Confident in her abilities to take care of Scootaloo, Fluttershy happily sang, “Oh this will be fun! I’ll make hot coco, and I can read you a story, or we could watch T.V, or you know… whatever you want!”

Scootaloo smiled at Fluttershy’s optimism as the two made their way out of the nursery and towards the living room, “Geez Fluttershy, haven’t you gotten a chance to do that sorta thing with Rainbow Dash?”

Fluttershy shook her head as she let go of the filly and headed towards the kitchen. Frowning, the mare grabbed milk from the fridge and set it on the counter. “No sadly… Rainbow is too young to do much anything. I enjoy taking care of her, she’s just getting more stressful to handle if you could tell…”

Scootaloo nodded. She sat on her rump admiring Fluttershy’s precise composure in mixing the coco powder with the milk.

Fluttershy looked down at the filly and knelt beside her. With a warm smile on her face, Fluttershy giggled, “Hehe, you can go get comfy on the couch Silly! I promise I’ll be out soon, alright?”

Scootaloo smiled at Fluttershy’s words, she hadn’t been spoken to like that in such a long time. It was weird, but it felt nice, almost comforting. Scootaloo trotted out of the kitchen and made her way to Fluttershy’s couch.

She did a small hop onto its soft fabric before curling into a little ball. It was comfortable and clean. A smile cast itself across Scootaloo’s face as she dug her chin into one of the couch cushions.

Before she knew it, Fluttershy came out carrying a serving tray with hot chocolate under her wing. Scootaloo got out of her cute little ball and sat up straight on her rump.

Fluttershy hopped on the couch next to Scootaloo. She took a sip of her own coco to make sure it wasn’t too hot for Scootaloo; it was fine.

Scootaloo looked down at her drink; little white pellets were melting into the hot, chocolate liquid. Confused, Scootaloo turned her head towards the older Pegasus, “Fluttershy, what’d you put in this?”

Confused, Fluttershy asked a bit worried, “What do you mean Scootaloo, I just put some marshmallows in it. I can make you another cup if you’d like?”

Scootaloo looked at the drink before smiling at Fluttershy warmly, “I’m sorry Fluttershy, I just never really have coco with marshmallows… or even hot coco.” Scootaloo’s cheeks flared red almost as if she was embarrassed.

Fluttershy wrapped a wing around the small Pegasus, drawing her close by her side, “It’s alright Scootaloo, I know you’ve never really been the stay at home type. It’s no wonder your Mommy never a chance to make you something like coco.”

Scootaloo nodded taking another sip of her drink, “hehe, yeah…”

The two stayed silent, drinking the hot chocolate while avoiding eye contact with one another.

Scootaloo looked around the room, trying to come up with something to say, and at a loss for words. She just sighed, leaning up against the taller Pegasus.

Another loud *Bang!* of lightning came crackling above the house, startling Scootaloo and making her delve her head against Fluttershy’s chest.

Scootaloo set down the coco on the nearby living room table. She sat up straight and looked upwards at Fluttershy, “Oh, I’m sorry Fluttershy. I just kinda lost my cool there I guess?”

Fluttershy rubbed her wing up and down Scootaloo’s side attempting to comfort her. She knew Scootaloo was never one for coddling, but Fluttershy could tell something was stressing the poor filly out.

Fluttershy looked at the kitchen table pondering the right words. When they came to her Fluttershy turned her head back towards the filly, “It’s alright Scootaloo, I used to be really afraid of storms too.”

Scootaloo turned her head to the side, “Y-you were? When did you get over them?”

Fluttershy smiled, “Heh, I haven’t really.”

Scootaloo kept the same puzzled look upon her face, “So how are you so calm right now?”

Fluttershy blushed, hugging Scootaloo closer. “Because silly, I have the cutest most toughest filly to protect me.”

Scootaloo blushed back giggling, “Awh Fluttershy, I’m not that tough. I mean look at me… I can’t even fly…”

Fluttershy half smiled, “Don’t worry hon… I was a late flyer too… you’ll do it one day, I promise.”

A deep frown cast across Scootaloo’s face as it welled up with heat. Like earlier, she leaned onto Fluttershy, nuzzling her face against the soft yellow fur. “Fluttershy… c-can I t-tell you something?”

Fluttershy sensed the child was distressed. Something in her mind clicked, as an instinct she leaned in and smoothed the filly on her short purple mane.

Fluttershy always had a bad feeling about the people in Scootaloo’s life. Scootaloo had shown signs of being a misguided and hardened filly. She wasn’t a hundred percent sure if Scootaloo was in need of someone to talk to, but now seemed like a good time to find out.

Smiling as motherly as she could, Fluttershy cooed into the child’s ear, “Awh Scootaloo, is something wrong sweetie? You can tell me, I promise I won’t tell anypony else.”

Scootaloo bit down on her bottom lip, the sad reality of her life was finally able to come out to another living pony. Scootaloo sobbed, “I-I’ll ne-ver fly, my wi-ngs are br-o-ken… the doc-tor said th-ey wou-ld-n-t ev-er fl-y pr-op-er-ly…”

Fluttershy closed her eyes. She knew Scootaloo for many years and she’d always speculated on the filly’s poor ability to fly. It was obvious now that her wings simply would never work.

Fluttershy, using her hoof, drew the crying Pegasus's head closer to her chest. In her most sincere of voices, Fluttershy cooed at the filly, “Awh Scootaloo, it’s alright baby. You’ll find your strength elsewhere… your parents know about this, right?”

A light in the back of Scootaloo’s mind fought the darkness that suppressed the cold reality that she was also orphaned. The light won out, Scootaloo yelled into Fluttershy’s chest, “My Mommy is dead!”

A sour note hit Fluttershy’s heart as she desperately tried to calm down the child. Doing as she did earlier, she leaned in close to the child and cooed, “It’s alright baby, I’ll be there for you… I promise. Please calm down… it’s alright Scootaloo, I’m here for you…”

Scootaloo hugged onto Fluttershy’s chest sunk her head as hard as she could into Fluttershy’s coat as if to cushion the blow.

Fluttershy spread out both her wings and covered the filly in a warm darkness.

Tears ran down Scootaloo’s face. Something about this moment was too surreal for her to handle.

Scootaloo prior had spent weeks trying to muster up the courage to tell somepony about her problems, but no one would listen. Usually she had Rainbow, but in her present state the cyan Pegasus was in no place to speak.

Fluttershy closed her eyes, thinking of the small child’s comfort before her own. Her chest was getting wet and her wings were sore, but she knew what she needed to do in this moment… so she waited.

Scootaloo fought to gather her rational thinking as the sudden realization of what Fluttershy had said hit her, maybe Fluttershy would let her crash for a while? Maybe… it was worth asking, just not at the moment.

The room stayed silent, aside from the pattering of the rain and the occasional thunder boom. Scootaloo’s sobs lessened as she found strength in Fluttershy’s warmth.

Scootaloo looked up at the yellow Pegasus as her frown turned into a smile. Meekly spoken, Scootaloo asked, “C-can I talk about it… about my mom’s death… I-I just- I just have to please!” Scootaloo pushed her head against Fluttershy’s chest even harder.

Fluttershy weakly smiled as she pet the young Pegasus's mane with her hoof, “Alright Scootaloo, how about we go somewhere a little bit more comfortable first, alright?”

Scootaloo turned her head to the side, “H-huh?”

Fluttershy hopped down from the couch and gestured at her own back with her head, “Hop on Scoots. I’m going to make you a nice and cozy bed and we’ll cuddle all you need.”

Scootaloo blushed, hugging onto Fluttershy’s back, “I-is it w-weird th-at I-I want t-to cuddle r-right now?”

Fluttershy smiled, warmly stepping up the cottage stairs, “It’s perfectly fine Scootaloo, you’re just a little filly and you need affection. I promise anything that happens with us tonight stays with us forever, alright?”

Scootaloo smiled, “A-alright Flutters… thanks. I know I’m being un-cool but I-I do appreciate it…”

Fluttershy smiled opening up her bedroom door, “Don’t you worry about it Scootaloo…”

Fluttershy closed the door to the bedroom, locking every secret told within it safe and secured. Inside the room itself was a cozy cabin-like feeling; wood flooring, pastel colored walls, and comfortable décor was all that made up the room.

Fluttershy walked beside her bed, hopping onto it lightly before setting Scootaloo down. Fluttershy trotted across the bed’s heavy pink blankets and to the pillows on the edge of her bed.

Scootaloo followed fast behind the sun colored Pegasus, taking a seat next to her on the bed.

Fluttershy smiled warmly and hung her wing over the young filly’s shoulder, “Awh, Scootaloo.”

Scootaloo’s body felt hot; her moves were unsteady and inaccurate, her body was completely frazzled. The young Pegasus looked up at Fluttershy, “W-what?”

Fluttershy nodded at the young filly, “lay down alright Honey, you’re shaking…”

Scootaloo did as told, she sat on her flank before turning completely over on her back, she noticed as Fluttershy did the same behind her.

Fluttershy reached forward, pulling the heavy blanket over herself and the shaking child. She then turned to her right nuzzling the child’s mane with her nose, “Are you all comfy and warm Scootaloo?”

Scootaloo tried to say something, but she was too busy begging herself for an explanation on her parent’s disappearance; so she just nodded instead.

It’d been months since the child had seen her Mom or Dad. The two of them never really got along… for that matter they never really were together.

Countless nights the young filly recalled being scolded by a stressed mother, only to be reminded that she wasn’t doing whatever she was doing correctly; whether that be cleaning the kitchen, cooking, or even schoolwork.

Countless times she’d been reminded that if she didn’t do everything right the first time, she’d end up a broken failure. It didn’t help that her wings failed to work 100% of the time.

Every time she looked at her run down house’s degrading walls, mediocre décor, and lack of food she was reminded that her mother’s words were true; that everything needed to go perfectly or she’d never be the adult she needed to grow up to be.

The worst part of it all was her father’s death, the single climactic point in her life where everything fell apart. She wanted to recollect something, but suddenly her mind went blank and whatever train of reason she’d gathered crashed.

A stinging hot sensation overtook Scootaloo’s body as waves of cold combated her pulsating mind. Scootaloo’s shaking got worst as she curled tighter into a little ball…

Then suddenly she found a hoof wrap around her frail body and from behind she heard the faint whisper, “Awh, it’s alright Scootaloo. I’m sorry if you’re nervous, we can discuss something else if it’d make you feel better.”

A weak smile cast itself across Scootaloo’s face as she felt Fluttershy’s warmth calm her nerves. Still conflicted over her thoughts, Scootaloo simply suppressed them and spoke, “thanks!” as she unraveled her hooves from their tight, scrunched up position.

Fluttershy found herself leaning closer to the child and wrapping her own hooves around the filly’s small orange tummy, “Y-you’re feeling better?”

Scootaloo’s mind raced as the last words “Flightless” and “Abandoned” were pushed back into the recesses of her mind. She smiled and backed into Fluttershy’s embrace, “Yeah Fluttershy…”

Fluttershy smiled, warmly petting the filly’s short purple hair with one of her hooves, “Alright… so tell me Scootaloo, how does my house feel to you?”

Scootaloo raised an eyebrow, “What?” she asked, caught off-guard by the question.

Fluttershy rolled her eyes, “What do you think of it. You know? Me talking care of Rainbow Dash, the cottage, the nursery, what do you think of this life?”

Scootaloo frowned closing her eyes, “T-to be h-honest… I-I hate it.”

Fluttershy’s grin faded as she nodded her head, “I do too…”

Scootaloo’s eyes shot wide open, “What? But why? You said you wanted a little filly or colt, you babyfied all of Ponyville for Celestia’s sake, you even regressed my sis-I mean, Rainbow Dash!”

Fluttershy sighed, “I-it’s all I ever wanted Scootaloo… but it’s not.”

Scootaloo swallowed, “W-waddya mean?”

Fluttershy closed her eyes, “Oh Scootaloo it’s awful! My whole life I wanted nothing but to have my own little foal to call my own; to call me mommy, to help with his/her school work, to raise and nurture every step of the way… but instead I just killed my best friend…”

Scootaloo got a little bit more tense, “B-But don’t you like havin’ a filly to take care of?”

Fluttershy smirked, “Rainbow is no filly, she’s a full grown mare that messes herself, and who needs me to feed her, and who hates being in my arms…”

Scootaloo nodded, “I-I see…”

Fluttershy hugged the child closer, pressing her lips to the back of Scootaloo’s head, “I-I wanna have a little filly Scootaloo, and I’m not sure how much longer I can keep taking care of Dashie before I do something stupid…”

Scootaloo bit her lower lip as she felt Fluttershy nibble on her ear, “A-and what do you mean by something stupid?”

Fluttershy smiled, “Oh, Scootaloo. So innocent, you don’t even know how adorable you are…”

Scootaloo’s body tensed up as suppressed memories came back to her mind. She hopped up from her position on the bed and dashed to the doorway, “G-get away from me, y-you crazy p-pony, help!” Scootaloo shouted, pawing at the entrance to open.

Fluttershy blushed, chuckling slightly. She stepped lightly towards Scootaloo, as she reached her hoof outwards, grabbing the child from beneath her arms.

Scootaloo broke down crying as she felt herself being cradled near Fluttershy’s chest.

Fluttershy on the other hoof hummed lightly, “It’s alright Scootaloo, I’m here to protect you…”

Scootaloo’s sobs lessened as she heard Fluttershy’s words, “W-what?” the young Pegasus asked confused at Fluttershy’s seemingly caring tone of voice.

Fluttershy smiled, “Sorry if I scared you… It’s been a while since I’ve tried comforting somepony…” Fluttershy’s grin faded into an embarrassed frown, “I-I’m sorry if I s-scared you… I’m sorry b-I mean Scootaloo…”

Scootaloo frowned, “I-I’m sorry Fluttershy!” Scootaloo leaned in nuzzling her head against Fluttershy’s chest, “I-I just panicked, my parents, t-they I just-“ tears filled up in Scootaloo’s eyes as she started to stutter, “I-I’m sor-ry!”

Fluttershy held the child closer as she regained her motherly composer, “I-it’s alright Scootaloo, I-I’m sorry I don’t know what I was thinking… could we try cuddling again?”

Scootaloo arched her head back from Fluttershy’s chest before nodding it up and down frantically.

Fluttershy carried the child back to her bed and carefully got her situated in a similar position, except this time Fluttershy and Scootaloo were facing each other.

After about 5 minutes of being in a tight embrace with Fluttershy, Scootaloo weakly spoke, “F-Fluttershy, why do you baby ponies?”

Fluttershy shrugged her shoulders with a small grin on her face, “I don’t know… I think I just wanna give somepony a second chance to feel young and carefree. My parents used to cottle me a lot as a filly and it’s made my life so much better…”

Scootaloo raised an eyebrow, “Did it?”

Fluttershy cringed as she quickly changed the subject, “Why do you ask Scootaloo?”

Scootaloo blushed, “I-I wanna- I- Is it alright that I’m jealous of Rainbow? To be carefree and babied, and loved…”

Fluttershy smiled warmly, “Awh, of course it is Scootaloo. A filly your age shouldn’t be abused like you were; she needs a warm and caring home. Above all things she needs a caring Mommy who can take care of all of her needs.”

Scootaloo blushed hugging onto Fluttershy a little tighter, “D-does that mean I can…”

Fluttershy leaned in, kissing the filly on the forehead, “We can begin tomorrow, alright?”

Scootaloo smiled weakly, “A-alright… you’re not going to turn me into a mindless baby are you?”

Fluttershy smiled running her hoof down the filly’s back, “Something like that Scootaloo, don’t worry about it. I told myself I’d never even touch foalmula again, not after Rainbow Dash.”

Scootaloo closed her eyes, “W-will Rainbow always be a baby?”

Fluttershy smiled, “N-Not if I can help it, I-I promised myself I’d find a way to cure her, alright?”

Scootaloo smiled, the warm thoughts of her being able to talk to her idol brightened her smile. Maybe she wouldn’t have to grieve any longer; maybe everything would be alright… maybe just for tonight…

Scootaloo nuzzled her face against Fluttershy’s chest, closing her eyes, “So Fluttershy, c-can we do this again tomorrow night? Y-you know? C-cuddle together?”

Fluttershy smirked, “That depends, do you have somewhere to stay?”

Scootaloo whimpered, “N-no…”

Fluttershy smiled nodding, “A-alright Scootaloo, we can do it.”

Scootaloo stared hopefully at Fluttershy, “Promise?”

Fluttershy leaned in kissing the filly softly on the forehead, “You’ve been a wonderful assistant and an even better friend ever since that game I had you play. Of course you can stay with me Scootaloo, now get some rest alright? I think tomorrow will be a big day…”

Scootaloo yawned, “Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy used one arm to push the back of Scootaloo’s head closer to her chest, “Yeah Scootaloo?”

Scootaloo blushed, “C-can I call you Mom?”

Fluttershy smiled closing her eyes, “Only if I can call you baby… alright?

“Alright… goodnight Mommy!”

“Goodnight Baby…”

Author's Note:

The next chapter will be out (5-7) days from now!

Note: The chapter was edited by a friend! ^-^

Have a wonderful day! ~Oliver_England