• Published 12th Mar 2014
  • 1,309 Views, 6 Comments

The Koopa Uprising - Fryguy



Can anything stop Bowser from keeping Equestria under his influence?

  • ...
3
 6
 1,309

4. The First Fortress

"I wonder what Appleloosa is like now."

"You mean the desert town?"

"Yep."

The duo hadn't told anyone about their mission, they always seemed to have blended in the public. But they didn't forget to pack, they knew that it would be a long journey to conquer the evil Bowser, and his airship army his son leads. But they knew that Yoshi can deflect projectile attacks, Yoshi hadn't showed Spike how yet, but he promised to show him how when given the chance, they also knew Spike was good at using his fire power.

"You know the drill, get to the top of the fortress and defeat anything in charge of it."

"What do you mean, in charge of it?"

"Sigh, Never mind Spike, after all, we might as well set up camp here, the sun is going down."

"Yeah, well, if I can help it, we'll free the country to prove that heroes can come from anyone!"

"I guess."

With Spike's fire breathing instinct, our heroes soon make a campfire and set up camp, with a tent that prevented things from coming in. They plan to leave at dawn, and when they do, they'll soon be one step further to defeat Bowser.

But back in Canterlot, Bowser was currently being a little merciful to his subjects, he was quite fascinated by his slaves, and he was even having thoughts of freeing them, but his taskmasters were whipped into a rage. They knew that if the ponies were free, they might successfully revolt against Bowser, and maybe even kill him! So they devise a plan to make Bowser make life more miserable for the ponies, they soon act out on their cruel plan a few hours later, with a lie about the progress of the rebuilding process. "So far we are struggling to get started on the rebuilding process, I suggest we do something about it."

Bowser twitched an eyebrow, and not knowing that his taskmasters are lying, he makes the order the taskmasters wanted him to make. "If you insist, work them harder, I'll even supply you with new whips that will be more effective against the slaves." Not knowing he was tricked, Bowser gave the taskmasters new whips, and sent them away, but the koopas had very big cruel smiles on their faces.

The next mourning, Spike and Yoshi was just about finished packing when they saw in the distance, messengers from Canterlot.

"Oh No! Spike! Hide me!" Soon Spike breathed in, and fired a smokescreen, allowing enough time for Yoshi to change into a Yoshi egg. When the smoke screen cleared, the messengers were staring down at Spike with confused and tired eyelids. "Hello, I wonder why you are out here." The first koopa said, he was about to fall asleep, and Spike could tell.

"Hey Fred! You won't believe this!" One of the koopas saw Yoshi's egg he was hiding in. Interested, the koopas start examining the egg, while Spike watched, he was sweating a lot that he was standing in a puddle.

"Isn't this a Yoshi egg?"

"I don't know!"

"Well, come on, we don't want Bowser yelling in our faces again, that was a nightmare!" Soon the koopas leave, and Yoshi then hatched out of the egg.

"Phew, that was close."

"I know, if they cracked open the egg, they would certainly kill you."

"Yeah! Well, let's go, we're almost there!"

When the duo reached Appleloosa, they find taskmasters roaming the streets while the pony slaves were rebuilding what was destroyed by the airship attack.

"Let's go!"

"Wait! Yoshi! We need to kill the taskmasters! That way, the ponies would not get beaten! Maybe they'll think that they had heart attacks!"

"That's a horrible thought, surely they'll think someone is saving them, because there might be weapons stuck inside them, I don't know why, but I packed weapons as well." Spike thought Yoshi was out of his mind. "WHAT WERE YOU...."

"Shhhhhhhhhhhh!" Yoshi had to cover Spike's mouth, afraid they might have caught the attention of the taskmasters, that was when Yoshi took a sword and stuffed it into his mouth.

"What...what are you doing?!" asked Spike, thinking Yoshi was doing something against himself.

"You'll see." That was the only reply from the green dinosaur. Before he started sneaking toward a taskmaster, who was watching the slaves toil, not noticing Yoshi behind his back, and then. "PLAUGHHHHHH!!!" Yoshi had made the sword like a projectile from his mouth, the taskmaster had the sword go all the way through him, causing the koopa who was severely bleeding from the fatal wound to hit the ground with a thud, soon Yoshi pulled the sword, now bloodied from the taskmaster, and started to clean it, he then threw the body into the street.

The pony slaves, shocked, started screaming to find a dead body on the street, alerted four other taskmasters. Unaware that they were being watched. Yoshi had already put four more swords in his mouth, and were aiming the deadly blades at the shocked koopas, then, he fired.

The slaves saw the taskmasters start to groan, and then they closed their eyes and fell to the ground, the ponies were shocked to find swords in the backs of their masters. Soon all the other taskmasters in the area arrived at the scene, and saw that five of the taskmasters were dead, the remaining koopas then drew out their crossbows and started looking for any sources of life, or a target.

Soon they saw a figure in the shadows, and fired their arrows, only to see them disappear from a tongue catching them. Confused, the guards pulled out more arrows, only to see the figure jump out and spit out the arrows with deadly speed towards them, without anytime to react, the taskmasters soon groaned, dropped their weapons and fell to the ground.

Yoshi then signaled Spike to make a smoke screen so Yoshi could get the taskmasters' weaponry, then they would move on to the fortress. Just like they planned.

Some of the ponies were thinking that there were inhabitants from another country trying to swipe away the koopas rule over them and take the crown themselves, but soon green fire appeared from an alley and then a smoke screen had blocked the ponies' view of the dead taskmasters, when the smokescreen cleared, the weapons that the taskmasters were killed with and what they used were gone.

Many ponies went into a shock, all of them gasped when they didn't see the weaponry, but some of them thought they've seen that type of fire and smokescreen. "Could it been Spike?"

"Maybe, but did you see how fast the weapons were going? Spike couldn't throw anything that fast!" But while the ponies were arguing, Yoshi and Spike had sneaked into the fortress, just at the edge of town.

The fortress was the tallest building in the entire town, and our heroes are not sure how to get to the top, but they were confident that they will succeed.

"Wow!"

"The place is cool, right Spike!"

"Yeah!"

When they entered the first fortress, Spike was stunned by the lava rivers, flowing under bridges built by stone, and there were plenty of stuff to hide behind, perfect to....

Suddenly, an alarm went off, and all the hiding places disappeared, and hundreds of guards with crossbows had surrounded our heroes, there was no escape, they had to fight them.

Yoshi was starting to stuff a sword into his mouth when he heard a crossbow go off, he then whirled around to find an arrow about to strike him down, but he quickly had used his tongue to catch the arrow, and then stuff it into his mouth, then he fired it back at the guard with such momentum that the guard had no time to react to the sudden counterattack, and the arrow fatally wounded him, he collapsed onto the ground while blood started dripping out from the dead koopa.

"We need to get past them!"

"If we get onto that ledge, we can easily defeat the guards! Make a smoke screen."

So when the guards were all about to take a shot, Spike made a smokescreen, that allowed enough time for the duo to make it to the top of the ledge, that had blocked their path. That's when they heard...

"ARGHHHHH!"

Yoshi and Spike spun around to find all the guards dead, not knowing that the duo had already gotten away, they foolishly fired their arrows, striking each other down.

"I thought they were trained to have a better plan!"

Yoshi began to laugh. "Guess not!" Then Spike started laughing too, but that was short lived, because standing behind them were nine koopas, three were throwing hammers, three were throwing boomerangs, and the other three were throwing fire balls.

"Yoshi! I'm scared!"

"It will be fine Spike!"

Soon the boomerang bros were throwing their razor sharp boomerangs at the duo, but Yoshi used his tongue ounce again to use the projectiles against the original person who threw the thing that was supposed to be against Yoshi, and within a blink of an eye, the boomerangs had hit the bros, all three of them were taken aback from the sudden blow each had, causing them to back up to much and fall of the stone bridges and into the lava below.

But there were still six more bros to defeat, and the hammer bros made the first move, throwing three hammers each, but Yoshi swallowed all of them, and spat them out at the three hammer bros, catching them off guard. The hammer bros had no time to reach, and were knocked out from the blows they received.

But the fire bros were throwing fireballs at fast speeds, thinking that the faster speeds would stop the green dinosaur, but he managed to actually stuff them into his mouth, and fire them back, but all of them this time were combined into one huge fireball, the fireball was three times bigger than the fire bros combined, their expressions were shocked and in disbelief. The fireball had consumed all three of them and carried them to the wall before disappearing over the lava, the frightened fire bros started screaming for help, but their cries were drowned out when they sunk into the lava.

Yoshi and Spike had made it to the top now, and they found a koopa with a wand of dark magics at the top. But he was on a throne, asleep, with a key in his hands. Yoshi thinks it would be easy to kill the koopa and get the key he was holding, so he stuffs his mouth with three swords, and fires, but his aim was off by an inch, hitting the throne the koopa was in just above the koopa's head, waking him up.

"Wha...Who's there?! Huh!!! You!!!!"

The koopa spotted Yoshi and while his wand started to glow, he spat out a question. "How did you get past the guards?!"

"We easily killed them, with the best way I know. Teamwork!" Then the duo had high fived each other.

"Interesting, well, your teamwork is no match for my dark magics!" He then fired the first shot, only to have Yoshi use his tongue to stuff the magic blast into his mouth, then he fired it back with ounce again, with speedy velocity. The shot struck the koopa down, but he soon got back up, only to have Spike breath out fire against him, striking him down again, this time he was too weak to get up. Yoshi moved in closer to the koopa, only to have him fire another magical blast, it came so quickly that Yoshi barely had time to react and get out of the way, the blast had hit the fortress by the edge, and the stone building started to crumble.

Spike then fired a fireball at the koopa, and Yoshi followed it, when the fireball hit the koopa's body, Yoshi snatched the key on the koopa's belt. Then the duo had started running to the edge and jumped, when they landed on the ground, Spike injured his shoulder, but the fortress had taken more damage then they thought, because the place was collapsing to the ground.

The startling crash had caught the attention of the ponies, the remains of the place were a lot of stones, and a pit of lava. Yoshi and Spike then left the place, but not before leaving a note on a brick of the fort, saying.

"This is part of our plan to save you, to free the princesses and to defeat the monster, don't worry, you'll be free soon."

But while the duo fled the scene, Bowser Jr. was on his little airship watching the armed dinosaur and dragon leave. He watched with angry eyes as our heroes left and headed towards the next city. He then said to himself.

"Alright boys, you think you're so tough, I'll see if your any match for my airship armada!" He then drove his airship towards Canterlot, to gather the airships to kill our heroes.

Yoshi and Spike were unaware of this, and headed towards the next city.