• Published 4th Mar 2014
  • 784 Views, 47 Comments

YouTube Vlogs: Equestria - Brony_Falcon



I kept my promise to Pinkie, and she kept her promise to me. Now, I'm in Equestria as a pony with no fingers. So I'll need Spike's help with the videos.

  • ...
9
 47
 784

Vlog #2: Flight Lessons... (10:36)

Day 8 in Equestria (February 23?)

Description: There were quite a few things that have happened this week. What I remember the most is my flight lessons. And almost breaking every bone in my body. Thank Celestia Rainbow Dash was my teacher.

*click*

"And you just record whatever we do and magically send it to everypony--er, sorry, everyone--in your world?"

An open field and a blue sky with very few clouds, and a forest in the distance is what can be seen. Standing next to Chance is a pegasus with cyan fur, a multicolored mane and tail, and magenta eyes. Her cutie mark was a cloud with a rainbow-colored lightning bolt.

"Well, yes and no. See, where I come from, we don't have magic. Our hands are pretty much the equivalent of magic, if not a perfect replica."

The pegasus stared at him wide-eyed. "So, you can lift stuff with hands?"

"Elementary level stuff. Learned it when I was a child."

"What about flying?"

Chance pondered this for a brief moment. "Well, not in the way you're implying, Rainbow Dash. We built machines with our hands that help us fly, but we don't have wings."

Rainbow Dash then stared at the ground for a second before replying, "I'll bet these machines aren't as fast as me."

"And you would win 10 bits if I didn't already agree."

"Uh, sorry to interrupt you guys," Spike interjected, "but I'm recording this."

Chance turned to him and said, "No problem. It's not every day people get to see the real deal standing right beside me."

"Wait, is that what you call ponies in your world?" Dash asked.

"Yep. Wanna stick around to help me with my vlog?"

Rainbow Dash sighed, then responded, "I would, but the weather pegasi need me to regulate the weather right now. Catch you guys later!" And with that, she took to the sky, parting some clouds as she whizzed past.

Chance then turned to the camera. "Hey, guys. The Great Falkronyx here--"

"Do you always have to use that name?" Spike asked.

"Well, it's kind of an intro. Like Mark does. He says 'Hello, everybody! My name is Markiplier,' then he tells people what he's doing, but that's mostly on games."

"So, why do you do it?"

Chance looked at the ground. "It's just something I'm used to, I guess. I've always made videos and introduced myself as either 'The Great Falkronyx' or 'Matt the Falcon.' But anyway, we should continue with the video."

"Right."

"I'll be starting over. Hi, guys. The Great Falkronyx here. As you may have seen earlier, me and Rainbow Dash were talking about how I make videos. That's probably what you'll be hearing at the beginning of most of my videos. First, I'd like to say I had to post that short video. I just thought it was hilarious!"

"Yeah, but you were begging me to post it..."

"Well, yeah. But people would totally expect you to do stuff like that. Even in the show, you try to impress Rarity. But you have adventures with Twilight and her friends, too."

"Yeah, but I don't try to impress ladies all the time."

"Anyways, we posted his private moment on my channel, and we got a lot of likes on this video and hit a thousand subscribers! Still, the comments could be better. Half of them were about how the people liked the video, and the rest were negative comments like 'Totally fake,' 'Worst animation ever,' and 'I could make this better than you with a doodlepad.' To all of you haters out there, this is NOT an animation! I'll prove it in the livestream!"

Chance then levitated a glass of water in his aura, and took a sip. "Ahh, much better. Guys, check this out." He turned his body to show his cutie mark. It was two small hearts, one black and one white, on opposite sides, orbitting the big gray heart. "I got it when I was talking with Fluttershy. It wasn't much of a conversation, but I could tell she was the nicest pony in the world. That's when I saw it. It was like a meter with a black heart on one side and a white heart on the other. I saw that the white heart was outlined, and the outline was...pulsing. At first, I didn't understand what it meant. After a few minutes of thinking, I finally figured out that her heart was 0% black, 100% white. It meant that she really was the nicest pony in the world."

"So that's what it means..." Spike responded.

"Yep. I even looked into my own heart. Surprisingly, when I looked I was about 40% black, and 60% white."

"Wait, so does that mean you're evil?"

Chance put his hoof on his forehead. "No, it shows that I'm more pure than evil. I haven't lied to you, but I have done a few bad things."

"Like what?"

"Like masturbating in the shower."

Spike thought for a moment. "What does 'masturbating' even mean?"

"Like I said last week, sometimes it's better if you don't ask questions."

"Oh, so it's another one of those questions," Spike replied, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Don't worry, I'll tell you about it when you're 15 or something. Anyway, we should move on. So, about four days ago, Twilight was able to find and teach me a five-minute flight spell. I asked Rainbow Dash if she could take five minutes out of her time every day to teach me how to fly, and now she's teaching me how to fly. Yesterday, she taught me how to glide. She also saved my life. I was about to crash into the ground and break my bones, but Rainbow Dash was able to catch me before I hit the ground. Today, she started teaching me how to flap my wings to get more air time. I still don't quite have that part down, but at least I'm able to fly for a short time. If I can flap my wings, I'll be able to fly for a full five minutes.

"After Twilight taught me the flight spell, I asked her about a transformation spell. If she's able to find one, I'll be able to freely transform between pony and anthro. I don't want to fully transform into a human because I'm afraid of losing my horn and being unable to transform back into a pony."

Chance put his hoof on his chin. "Come to think of it, I never told you guys how I got here. Basically, I got pulled into a vortex that led to Equestria. First pony I met in Equestria was Twilight. Things were a little bit shaky at first, but I got used to the fact that I was here and they calmed down after I told them they were real."

"Hey, are we gonna go to her house or not?" Spike interjected.

"Hmm? OH! Right, we're gonna go to Vinyl's house to see if she has any dubstep I can listen to. I really want to see her collection."

And with that, they were off.


The two arrived at a two story house. The front door had a vinyl record hanging on it. Chance took a deep breath and knocked on the door. It took about a minute for her to answer the door. She was a unicorn with white fur, an electric blue mane and tail, and magenta eyes. Her cutie mark depicted two eighth notes connected. "Hey, Chance. I assume you're here to browse my collection of records?"

"Your assumption would be correct. May I?"

"Sure thing, kiddo."

When we first walked in, the main things that were visible were stacks of records. Chance stared at them, slack-jawed. "It's gonna take forever to browse through these." Then a record caught his eye. "Well, what are the odds?" He picked it up and showed it to the camera. The text read "Progora, Cuppy, & Rapid Influx - Break Ya Neck." "This is the one, Vinyl. Can you play it?"

Vinyl stared at him with curiosity. "You sure about that? The bass is extremely powerful. I don't think you can handle it."

"Bring it," he replied.

Vinyl shrugged. "If you insist." She put on the record, and Chance started bobbing his head. When the bass dropped, the camera was shaking, and eventually Spike fell backwards.

After the song ended, the camera refocused. Chance was lying on the ground, eyes wide. "That...was...awesome. Sorry, I can't get up and express my excitement right now. I think I got a boner from excessive bass. But it was truly awesome."

"Dude, what's a boner?" Vinyl asked.

Chance stared at her with wide eyes. "You don't know what a boner is?! Wow, Vinyl. Just...wow. I'll tell you while Spike is gone and while I'm not recording. I just need to calm down, and it may take a few minutes."

"No, seriously. I want to know, too," Spike replied, anger clear in his voice.

"Okay, fine! A boner is a penis that gets straight when a man/stallion gets aroused. I never thought bass could do that to me, though."

Silence filled the air. After about two minutes, Vinyl walked away. After she left the room, Chance stood up. "Alright, I'm good, now. Well, that marks the end of this vlog. Let me know in the comments if you want more adventure, be sure to hit the like button, and hit subscribe if you want more pony vlogs. Chance Grayheart out!"

"...erm, Spike is signing off!" Spike responded hesitantly.

*click*

Author's Note:

Didn't take too long to finish. Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. If anyone wishes to help me with the story, feel free to PM me. I could use a cover art, and now we have a general description of what Chance looks like.

Let me know what you liked about the story, or what I should improve on.