• Published 27th Feb 2014
  • 4,611 Views, 115 Comments

Oh, Bother - Daemon McRae



Adventures can be had anywhere, really. From the wide, wide world of Equestria, to the Hundred Acre Wood. Who says they can't happen in both?

  • ...
5
 115
 4,611

Think, Think, Think

Author's Note:

I decided to take this story off [Cancelled] status, because I think the world could use some more nice things.

Chapter 4: Think, Think, Think

Pinkie Pie looked up at the very tall tree holding a very high-up hive. “Is that the thing we’re trying to get?” she asked.

Pooh walked up next to her, carefully considering the hive, and the honey within. “Yyyes. Where there’s a hive, there’s bees. And where there’s bees,” he added, with a giggle and a rub of his tummy, “there’s… *slurp* honey. The only problem is, we don’t really know how to get all the way up there.”

Tigger, who was busy prowling around the base of the tree, said, “Yeah… this tree’s all tall and skinny-like. Too tall for a Tigger to bounce,” he said, then caught himself. “Well, almost.”

Roo, who was also prowling around the tree, if only because Tigger was, agreed. “Yeaaaah. It would be way easier if the hive was lower, wouldn’t it?’

Pinkie Pie seemed to consider this idea. And when she wasn’t considering, she was pondering. “Well, what do we do?” she said finally, staring sideways at the hive.

Pooh also stared sideways at the hive, because sometimes you just need a different point of view. “Well...” he said slowly. “It seems to me that if the hive is so very up, then maybe we should bring it… down?”

Tigger sat up straight and looked at his friend. “Why, that’s a great idea, Pooh-boy! We’ll knock the hive right outta the tree! Won’t have ‘ta climb or nothin!”

Pinkie Pie also seemed to like this idea, as she bounced in place with a wide smile. “Yay! Now we just gotta find something to knock it down with! Like… a really big stick or something!”

“Yeah!” Roo agreed. “There’s all kindsa sticks in the woods, on accounta they’re made of wood!”

“Let’s go get us a big stick!” Tigger exclaimed, waving his paw for his friends to follow. He bounced ahead, leading the way. The group of friends marched along, some bouncing, others hopping, and all having a very good time indeed.

It wasn’t long before they found a rather big stick. In fact, they found a whole bunch of very big sticks, all standing upright. In fact, they seemed to be… walking. Pooh held out a cautious paw, and whispered. “We should be careful. Let me talk to them.” Roo and Pinkie nodded carefully, and crouched down to be very quiet.

Tigger looked aside to no one in particular, and said behind his paw, “This oughta be good, a-hoo-hoo-hoo.”

Pooh, having not heard him, carefully approached the bundle of walking sticks, and said carefully. “Um… excuse me, Mr. … um, stick. We were wondering if we could borrow you for some honey?”

The sticks stopped walking, and in a very small voice, said, “Oh! I’m sorry, Pooh, I don’t have any honey right now.”

“Hmmm,” Pooh said thoughtfully. Then he took a step back and whispered to his friends in a rather un-whispery voice, “This pile of sticks sounds a lot like Piglet.”

“Well, that’s because I am Piglet, Pooh,” said the sticks. Just then, a very small head attached to a very small animal peeked out from behind the pile of walking sticks.

“Oh,” Pooh said with a chuckle. “Hello, Piglet. What… um, what are you doing, with all of those sticks?”

“I’m taking these sticks home so I can make a ladder to reach the top of my house! It’s getting rather dirty,” Piglet explained.

“Hi there!” Pinkie exclaimed, jumping up next to Pooh. “I’m Pinkie Pie!”

“YIPES!” Piglet cried, dropping his sticks altogether. He quickly whooshed behind Pooh Bear, his very small knees shaking very loudly. “Um… Pooh? Wha-wha-wha-what is that?”

“Oh don’t worry, Piglet,” Pooh said encouragingly. He patted his friend on the back and gently pushed him forward. “This is Pinkie Pie. She’s a… well she’s a...”

“A pony!” Pinkie exclaimed. “We’re trying to get honey to make honeycakes with Miss Kanga so I can bring some home to the Cakes!”

“Oh!” said Piglet, brushing off his shirt. “Well hello there! I’m Piglet. I, um… why did you need one of my sticks, Pooh?”

Pooh paused for a moment as his very little brain remembered. “What? Oh, yes! We’re gathering honey! Unfortunately, the honey is very high up, so we need something to bring it… down.”

Tigger nodded wisely. “Yeah, yeah. And those sticks you gathered all look really good for hive-gettin-downin’!”

“Well, but… I need those for my ladder,” Piglet said in a small voice.

Pinkie Pie then had a great idea. “Well hey! Why don’t we make a ladder here? Then we can use it to climb up to the hive! Then when we’re done we can just take it to Piglet’s house!”

“That’s a great idea, Pinkie!” cheered Roo. “But… um...” he paused, mid-bounce, as he himself had a thought. “I don’t know how to build a ladder.”

“Aww, don’t worry, Roo-boy!” Tigger cheered, rubbing his friend’s head. “Buildin’ ladders, is what Tiggers do the best!”

“I thought that was bouncing?” Pinkie asked, confused.

Pooh patted her head. “You shouldn’t think about it too much. I never do,” he said happily.

“Ain’t that the truth,” Tigger groaned.

Comments ( 25 )

Oh, wow. This is a blast from the past. A good blast, mind! I sense some shenanigans afoot.

I literally cannot keep the smile off of my face from this story, I love Winnie the Pooh.

This story just makes me eager to see the Christopher Robin film.

Oh, wow. Didn't think I'd see this again, but it's a very welcome surprise.

Good for this to be back. Unless you're a bee.

omg... it's back MUST READ!

I take it you've seen the trailers for the Christopher Robin movie?

I wish there was a way to favorite this twice because it's so sweet and adorable and I'm pretty sure I have all the diabetes now

Now this is certainly a delightful chapter/treat.:pinkiehappy:

This story is so sweet and brings back so many childhood memories I love!

A problem I have with this chapter is Pinkie Pie is friends with Fluttershy. Pinkie could probably extrapolate that throwing things at a beehive is something she would disapprove of.

I'm really glad this is back! Especially with Christopher Robin coming out soon...
That said... “This pile of sticks sounds a lot like Piglet.” I'm sure glad it wasn't in a bundle.

Thank you for taking this off of Cancelled! I love this story, and you are right, the world needs more things like this.

Oh my gosh! I can't wait until the next chapter.

This is a wonderful story. I am so happy to see it updated. :pinkiesmile:

We could definitely use some more nice and sweet stuff in our lives. This story helps so much with that.

I read this with all voices from the old and new show that I watch as a kid.

Ah, I'd forgotten how enjoyable this is. Truly a sweet combination of characters

When's the next chapter coming out?

9183779
No idea, but I don't want to give up on this story just yet.

Holy moley! :pinkiegasp: My childhood meets my adulthood! This is amazing! :pinkiehappy: Please continue this!

I know from experience that continuing a story that has fallen by the wayside is hard. I haven't managed it yet, but I haven't given up and I think this story is worth you continuing.

I don't know how I missed this! I love it!

Why was this cancelled?

10803314
Mostly because I couldn't keep up with it and the other things going on, but also because I stepped away so long I've lost the flow of the story.

Login or register to comment