• Published 10th Jun 2014
  • 5,443 Views, 268 Comments

SpikeDash Group Collab - Vexy



A collection of short stories from the SpikeDash group.

  • ...
13
 268
 5,443

PreviousChapters Next
Lifestyle - TheMessenger

Two short knocks in rapid succession were swiftly followed by another pair of ringing blows against the large castle doors. Spike raised his claw, but before he could bring it down against the doors again, they swung open, revealing the frowning alicorn behind them.

"You're late," Twilight said. Spike ducked his head shamefully under Twilight's stare. He opened his mouth to apologize but was cut off by a sudden embrace as the princess threw her forelimbs around him. "It's been a while," she whispered.

"Oh come on, Twilight," Spike said, breaking into a grin as he returned the hug, "we saw each other just the other day."

"That was with everypony else," Twilight said. She released Spike and stepped aside to along the dragon inside. "When was the last time we did something together, just the two of us?"

"Yeah, I guess it's been a while." Spike's grin turned rueful. "Sorry I haven't been visiting as often. Rainbow's preparing to go on tour so we've been trying to spend as much time as possible together."

"That can't be easy," Twilight said as she led him toward a table carrying a tin of cookies and a jug of lemonade. She waited for Spike to take a seat before sitting down herself. "Being separated from her like this for such a long time, I mean."

"Yeah, but it's her dream, I'll manage. Maybe I'll even work here again during that time," Spike said. "You're still looking for an assistant, right?"

"Yeah," Twilight sighed, pouring out two cups of lemonade. "I've gotten a few interns from Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, but none of them last longer than a month."

"Maybe you should lower your expectations, you're not going to find an assistant as amazing as I was," Spike joked, winning a roll of eyes from Twilight. "But seriously, I heard you fired your last assistant because of you didn't like her nachos."

"Hey, she was on loan from Canterlot and was finishing that month! She wasn't fired," Twilight protested. "But I have been missing your nachos," the princess admitted.

"Stop by some time then, then I'd have an excuse to finally make them," Spike said as he took a gulp of lemonade, then reached for a cookie. "Hey, are these—"

"Snickerdoodles with sugar crystals from the Crystal Empire," Twilight answered with a nod. "Cadence sent them over. Wait, what do you mean, finally make them?"

"Huh?" Spike said, spraying cookie crumbs. He swallowed and finished his lemonade. "Oh, Rainbow Dash isn't a huge fan of nachos."

"What? Really?"

"She doesn't hate them or anything, but I can't make them very often. 'Too unhealthy'," Spike said, air quoting and all.

"Are you sure you're talking about Rainbow?" Twilight asked. "You saw how many cake she had during Fluttershy's birthday."

"That was a special occasion, she's got a pretty strict diet at home. We eat wheat bread."

"No!" gasped Twilight.

"It's true." Spike shuddered. "And remember when we used to joke about Rainbow Dash sleeping in because of all the naps she takes?"

"Yeah?"

"Total horse apples. She gets up real early to work out every morning, and she keeps making me get up with her." Spike groaned. "I'm kind of glad I don't have wings yet, otherwise she'd make me do way more than just jog and do pushups with her."

"Well, I guess that does make since, considering she's a Wonderbolt," Twilight reasoned. "You look good by the way, all that exercise must have worked."

"You think so?" Spike glanced down, twisting and turning as he examined himself. Chubby baby fat no longer clung to his waists or stomach, he noted, and as he rubbed his arm in embarrassment, Spike couldn't help but notice just how tight the limb felt.

"Lookin' good Spike, lookin' real good," Twilight joked, laughing. Spike joined in, chuckling as he playfully flexed his arms. "So, eating healthy, waking up early, any other changes to your lifestyle?" Twilight asked.

"Well, I share a bed with a beautiful mare who gives me lots of good night kisses…" Spike's eyes narrowed, and he smirked. "…along with other things."

"Yes, that's new," Twilight scoffed, shaking her head. "And a little too much information."

"It's not as great as it sounds. She keeps hogging the covers, and her hooves are freezing."

Author's Note:

Written by TheMessenger.

PreviousChapters Next