• Published 10th Jun 2014
  • 5,464 Views, 268 Comments

SpikeDash Group Collab - Vexy



A collection of short stories from the SpikeDash group.

  • ...
13
 268
 5,464

PreviousChapters Next
Books - YourNeighborhoodAlicorn

Done. Finally.

I set the book on the table with a firm slam, marking my accomplishment. I could see Twilight still at her desk reading one of the books from the seemingly infinite stack next to her. I decided not to question how she can read so much. Sometimes I wished I could do that. To be able to soak up all that information in a matter of seconds, to be well informed about the environment around me.

A sudden knock at the door took me away from my musings. I knew I was going to have to get it since it was obvious Twilight hadn't even heard it. She was far too immersed in her studies. I got up, stretched my wings, folded my tail and walked over to the door. As I opened it, I was greeted by the familiar sight of Rainbow Dash.

"Oh hey, Spike, is Twilight home?" she asked me as I let her in. I pointed to the currently zoned-out unicorn, and Dash let out a huff. "Aw man, she's studying."

"Yeah, you know how it is. Is there anything you need? I'm sure I can get it for you." I closed the door and walked with her to one of the couches.

"I heard the new Daring Do came today, so I wanted to get it as early as possible before someone else did. You know how those colts and fillies are."

I chuckled a bit at that. "Yeah, well, sorry Dash. We haven't gotten anything in a while. Apparently there's a problem at the post office, mixing up shipments and all." I sat down on the couch, and Dash sat down across from me, just a few feet away.

"Aw buck, I didn't have anything else to do today." She leaned on her hoof and stared glumly around her. She saw the book I had just read on the table, the cover enough to draw her attention. "What's this?"

"Oh yeah, 'Pony Potter and The Stone Of Celestia'. I just finished reading this. It's actually pretty cool."

"Really? What's it about?" She seemed genuinely curious, so I thought up of a summary for the enormous book.

"Well, it's about this unicorn that thinks he isn't very good at magic, but then one day, a group of powerful wizards visit him. They say that they can take him to this special academy called Ponywartz, where he can learn powerful magic. The head principle, Starswirled The Bearded, sees that he has a special gift. After all that, he meets up with these two other unicorns who become his friends and together they go on awesome adventures with each other. It's actually pretty cool, the author is a personal friend of mine from Canterlot."

Rainbow Dash didn't look away once as I spoke. "Woah! That is awesome! Do you guys have more books like this?" At that point, I moved my hand so that is scanned the whole library in between its digits, her eyes following it tentatively.

"Of course, Dash! We have TONS! You just never want to read anything else." I stick my tongue out at her, earning me a playful smack on the shoulder.

"Well, I guess that is my fault, I never really had any time to read anything but Daring Do."

"I never have any time neither, but I managed to finish this monster of a book." That earned me a giggle from Dash.

"You know what, Spike? You're right. I suppose I should open my mind up to new things. Can I check out this book?" I picked it up in my hand, the weight reminding me of why this book was such a challenge in the first place.

"Of course, but I doubt you would be able to make it through the first half, let alone the whole book cover-to-cover." As I said that, I got a determined look from Rainbow.

"Is that a challenge I just heard?" She gave me a smirk that I would never be able to forget.

"You know it. Now then, do you need anything else?"

Dash frowned thoughtfully before her eyes lit up. "Say, Spike, when I finish this book, do you think you can tell me about more books like these?"

"Definitely, besides, I still owe you for teaching me how to fly and all. And don't worry, I won't tell anypony that you like to read." I got another playful smack on the shoulder, before an unexpected hug.

"Thanks, Spike. And the flying thing was no big deal, it's what friends are for, right?" It was a lesson I knew too well. I had learned that one from my experience with Applejack and the timberwolves.

I grabbed the book and handed it to her, as she placed it in her saddlebag. I knew she was riled up now, so instead of opening the door, I opened the window. Soon enough, a blue blur rushed past me and out the window, piercing the horizon with her awesomeness.


I laid down on the cloud, Dash snuggling up next to me and wrapping her hooves across my chest.

"Heh, to think, we got together because of books." She said as she planted a small kiss on my cheek. "That seems like something you would see in one of those romance novels Rarity always reads."

"I actually read one of those before, and they are not as cliche as you think. Some are actually pretty simple, not always the 'macho stallion saves the damsel in distress' sort of thing." Me and her shared a laugh from that.

"Do you think they have stories about how we met?" I ponder a bit about it before shaking my head.

"Nope," I turn my head to the side, our faces just inches away from each other. "Which is why you are awesome in every way."

That earned me a very passionate kiss from Rainbow.

Author's Note:

Written by YourNeighborhoodAlicorn.

PreviousChapters Next