• Published 10th Jun 2014
  • 5,443 Views, 268 Comments

SpikeDash Group Collab - Vexy



A collection of short stories from the SpikeDash group.

  • ...
13
 268
 5,443

PreviousChapters Next
Message - Macho Madness

Spike the Dragon slouched over a timeworn and well used wooden table, his legs crossed on the floor. In his claws he held a small piece of paper folded with three neat, sharp creases.

"Hey, Spike," Rainbow said, her voice cracking from the other side of the table.

"H-hey," the drake responded in barely more than a whisper, never looking up from the paper.

"So- uh- yeah. The Princesses have decided to fold us into the main Airforce," she said, rubbing a foreleg on her shin. Her eyes darted around, looking at everything but Spike.

"Apparently my time as Captain and my previous history with pulling Equestria out of the fire has landed me in an actual command position." She let a smile break just slightly as pride filled her voice. "I'm now Commander Rainbow Dash of the Equestrian Air Force." A nervous laugh escaped her lips. "By Celestia that sounds weird," she said as she sits down.

She picked up her golden helmet in her hooves; her cutie mark emblazoned in silver on the sides. "They even gave me this silly helmet with my butt plastered on it." She flipped it in her hooves and plants it on her head, the sun gleaming off the fine polished metal. "I don't know how anypony can do anything in this tin can, honestly." She ran a hoof along the side of the helmet. "I can barely see or hear anything with it on right now. Can't expect it will do much better when the fighting starts.

"The fighting. Man, that scares the wits right out of me. Not afraid to say that. I'm thankfully stationed up in Vanhoover. I hear the fighting there is pretty minimal. Most of the fighting is focused around Manehattan."

She turned her head around quickly before continuing. "Looks like I'm out of time. I gotta move my ponies out in a few hours. Don't worry though, I'll keep sending you messages weekly."

Her body started to flicker and waver. "I love you, big guy!"

Her voice came out garbled as her image blinked out. In the center of the table a small green crystal stopped humming and the light resonating from within sputtered out. Spike reached out from his seat and tapped it once. It started to whir and spin again, floating gently into the air. From the other side of the table Rainbow once again stood and greeted him, the nervousness in her voice palpable.

Spike's grip on the note in his claws tightened. With a primal roar, he ripped the tiny paper into pieces and slammed the tatters into the wooden table.

As his sobs began to compete with Rainbow's voice, a tiny shred of the note floated gently to the ground.

Dear Spike of House Sparkle,

We regret to inform you…

Author's Note:

Written by Macho Madness.

PreviousChapters Next