• Published 26th Feb 2014
  • 1,764 Views, 53 Comments

The Blue-Blood of the Bon-Bon - Duke of Canterlot



Prince Blueblood has decided it is time for him to pick a wife.

  • ...
10
 53
 1,764

The Decision

Bon-Bon couldn't believe the ring which Blueblood had picked out for her.
It was a ten-carat diamond ring with 28 miniature shimmers circling a giant one at the center. It was absolutely gorgeous.
Bon-Bon began to tear up at its beauty.

"W-w-w-wow.. Blueblood.. are you sure you want me to have something so beautiful?"

"Your beauty fits so well with this ring."

"I... don't know what to say."

"You know the answer I wish to hear."

"Yes, it is the answer you wish for me to say... but.. it's just all so sudden."

"You're not going to say no to my little boy, are you", asked Lady Opulence with a tone of sarcastic innocence.

"It is just... I must know, Blueblood. Why do you love me? There are so many other mares out there who are way prettier than me who were willing to throw themselves at you. What was it about me?"

"I thought I explained it quite well to my dear mother before", said Blueblood, "you are the only mares who have ever not judged me based on my social status. You did not assume that I was a great and infallible prince. I am only pony, like you. You are also quite beautiful. Turquoise thinks you are smoking hot, her words."

"That's the other thing, Blueblood. I cannot decide who I love more now: you or Lyra Heartstrings. Feel honored though that you have made it so far."

"Oh, I see. It is okay, Bon-Bon. I think I understand."

"I haven't said no. I just need some time to think about it. I promise I won't be a bitch about it, but I need a day or two to really think about what is right."

"Take your time, my lady. I don't want to force you into making a decision."

Blueblood seemed a tad nonchalant, but in the "Bon-Bon will pick me" sort of way rather than the "I don't care what Bon-Bon does" sort of way.

But damn it, this guy was supposed to be the arrogant, haughty asshole who made that white unicorn who runs the fashion shop all pissy, whatever her name was. This was the guy who didn't give a damn about Lyra on their date. This was the guy who knew that he was hot shit and had most of the world doing exactly what he wanted. Should Bon-Bon really follow through on the whim of a spoiled, young stallion? What if Bon-Bon says yes and Blueblood becomes a prick to her like he is with everypony else? For now, he seemed so damn perfect. Blueblood was the epitome of a gentlecolt.

"Thank you for thinking so much of me", said Bon-Bon, "I never had a stallion be so thoughtful towards me."

"But I suppose this Lyra mare is the most thoughtful of the thoughtful."

Now, he got her name correct too! There was nothing wrong with Blueblood at all.

"She certainly beats me in that regard."

"Well, you are Ms. Sassy. I cannot expect the Queen of Sass to be particularly thoughtful."

"I will certainly put a lot of thought into my decision. Right now, I need to consult with Lyra."

"Makes sense. The same way I consult with Mother."

"Yes. I should get going, but I promise that we will speak again tomorrow."

"Thank you, Bon-Bon."


Bon-Bon took the train back to Canterlot. Pinkie Pie took the seat next to Bon-Bon.

"Hiya Bon-Bon", said Pinkie, "how did your date go?"

"It was good."

"Good? That isn't enough details."

That's the point.

"So Pinkie, how was the cupcake convention?"

"It was super duper awesome! All of Equestria is talking about the cupcakes. For some reason, all the paparazzi found its way there."

"I wonder how that was. No pony was following me and Blueblood."

"I look out for you, Bonnie. You remember that now!"

Bon-Bon smiled at Pinkie. She supposed that was true in some respects.

"Ooh ooh. Let me guess what happened", said Pinkie.

Oh hell no, Pinkie had pony-reading skills like no other pony.

"Let's not."

"Come on! It will be super fun. Prince Blueblood was unexpectedly charming. He took you out on a date where he did something incredibly noble. You two kissed. Blueblood introduced you to mommy. Blueblood proposed to you again and you said you needed time to think about it."

"Let me guess, that was just a hunch."

"Yep."

"You're lucky I tolerate your pink perky ass."

"Okie dokie lokie! So, what are you going to do? How do you think Lyra is going to react if you say yes?"

"Alright Ms. Just a Hunch, you tell me how you think Lyra is going to react."

"Why would you think I know?"

"I don't know if it is going to be good, but I will have to tell her at some point."

"Does that mean you're saying yes to Blueblood?"

"No, it doesn't mean I am saying yes to him, Pinkie Pie. All that means is that I have to prepare for whatever happens."

"Okie dokie lokie! It makes me so sad though that this train ride is almost over. You're one of my favorite ponies to talk to."

"What pony have you not said that to?"

"Oh, I dunno. I can think of... well there's Gilda, but she's a griffon and not a pony. I guess Trixie is kinda stuck-up and I don't care for the fact that she took away my ability to speak that one time and... well, I can't think of anypony else."

"Gee, thanks."

"Whatever you decide, good luck. I just hope you're happy with whatever you do."

"I'm a big filly. I can handle whatever I do."


Bon-Bon arrived at her apartment. She had no idea what she was going to do. Prince Blueblood was incredibly charming and would offer Bon-Bon a wealthy and royal lifestyle. He seemed to love her. However, would he turn into an ass once he got Bon-Bon to marry him? This was something uncertain. Bon-Bon didn't know Blueblood well enough to know whether he was just playing her or if he really loved her. He really did go through a lot to impress her. Hell, Blueblood could even hold his own when Bon-Bon shot him down with her little remarks. Not many stallions or mares could do that.

Bon-Bon opened the door. She saw two dirty plates on the kitchen table. Two? First of all, Bon-Bon wished that Lyra had put the plates in the dishwasher like a responsible mare. It is what Bon-Bon would have done. She couldn't look at such filth anymore. She immediately put them in the sink, scrubbed them up, and put them in the dishwasher. Bon-Bon hated mess of any kind. At least, Prince Blueblood didn't seem to be fond of filth himself.

Secondly, there were two. Did Lyra have somepony over while Bon-Bon was gone?

All of a sudden, Bon-Bon could hear loud moans coming from Lyra's bedroom. Moans of pleasure. Wait, what?
Bon-Bon stood still just to listen to whatever sounds were from the room. She wasn't going to go in of course, but she wanted to hear.

Bon-Bon could hear, "Oh, Noteworthy! Pump harder.. harder... harder... hard OHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Don't.. *pant pant* stop..."

Ugh, Noteworthy. He was some music geek which Lyra hung out with a lot. They were fucking each other? Bon-Bon should have known that they were getting awfully close at the Ponyville Pet Fundraiser. Something felt wrong to Bon-Bon.

Bon-Bon didn't feel sad. She didn't feel disappointed. She wasn't jealous. It wasn't just because Noteworthy was a dweeb. Bon-Bon no longer desired Lyra Heartstrings herself. Why was that? Let's think logically, thought Bon-Bon to herself. Some new pony had entered her life.. one that was... oh no, her heart wanted Blueblood and only Blueblood. Perhaps, Bon-Bon should say yes. She felt like she was falling into a trap. What if Blueblood turned out to be an uncaring and unfaithful husband? What if he simply saw her a prize and nothing more? If it wasn't for Blueblood though, Bon-Bon would have been crying over Noteworthy and Lyra fucking each other.

"I must say yes to Blueblood", said Bon-Bon aloud.

"Bon-Bon, is that you?", said Lyra from inside the room.

"Oh shit, I'm screwed, aren't I?", said Noteworthy.

"No, you are not, the well-endowed Noteworthy", responded Bon-Bon, "I have met my true love a couple days ago and I will tell him that I shall be his wife! I see that Lyra has found her true love as well."

"Wait, I don't love Noteworthy", said Lyra.

"What!?!?!?", whined Noteworthy, "don't say that. Of course, you love me!"

"Yea, you two got together and danced to some a capella music like chumps", said Bon-Bon.

"Who told you that", asked Lyra, "Pinkie Pie?"

"Yes, I believe it was her. She mentioned it to me at the pet fundraiser."

"Wasn't that the changeling who was pretending to be Pinkie Pie?" *

"The timing seems right admittedly, but Plot Convenience or Pinkie Pie, that pony was clearly right about you two." *

"No, she wasn't", argued Lyra, "I've been.. oh.... Bon-Bon, I... uh.... well, I'm sorry. I wanted to love you, Bon-Bon, but my true love is.."

"It's me, right", asked Noteworthy.

"No, my true love is the human", responded Lyra.

"You're so cute, Lyra. Who's higher on your list", asked Noteworthy, "me or Bon-Bon? Remember, you had sex with me just now."

"You think Bon-Bon and I haven't fooled around before", asked Lyra, "I guess I love you two the same."

This admittedly stung Bon-Bon a little bit. How could this whiny prick get as much love from Lyra as Bon-Bon? Did Lyra even know what she wanted out of life? She spent months obsessing over Blueblood. At least, Blueblood gave the impression that he knew exactly what he wanted out of life.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes!!!!! Bon-Bon was going to say yes to Blueblood.

"I have made my decision", said Bon-Bon, "if Prince Blueblood chooses to accept, I shall become Lady Bon-Bon."

"Not a Princess", asked Noteworthy, "you wouldn't make a good princess anyway."

"You would make a fantastic princess, Noteworthy. I guess ponies are meant for different things."

Noteworthy grumbled to himself. Bon-Bon kind of wished she wasn't talking to them through a closed door.
She wanted to see the looks on their faces.

"Very well", said Bon-Bon, "it is time for me to go back to Canterlot and meet up with Prince Blueblood."

"I can say that I am happy for you, Bonnie", said Lyra while crying, "I hope Blueblood is still a gentlecolt once you two are married."

"That is a risk I am willing to take. You two keep on having fun now."


Bon-Bon rushed back to Canterlot. Prince Blueblood was going to be surprised. She got on the train and saw the fashionista unicorn.

"Hello, Bon-Bon", said the fashionista, "I think I can guess what brings you to Canterlot?"

"You probably can."

"I must admit that I am a little jealous."

"Jealous, why?"

"I briefly told you about my encounter with the prince at the Gala, but I was in love with him. I even inadvertently made poor Twilight Sparkle go through the trouble of getting an extra ticket to the Gala so I could go and find my prince. I met Blueblood. I tried to be as charming as I could be. I wanted him to treat me like a lady. However, all he cared about was himself. The Gala was a real mess that year and there was a cake which toppled over. Blueblood hid behind me so I would get hit by the cake."

Heh heh, Blueblood was a neat freak like Bon-Bon.

"The difference between you and me is that you idealized Bluebood from afar. I got to know the real Blueblood, treated him with no expectations of being 'godlike', and that is how we got along."

"I suppose you are a better match for him than me then. If you're still anything like the pony I remember from high school, I can't say I am surprised that you didn't treat him like he was anything special."

Ugh, did she make that comment simply because Bon-Bon didn't spend every waking moment gushing about how beautiful the fashionista was? Whatever.. Bon-Bon decided that she would boost Rarity's ego a little bit, Bon-Bon was in a good mood.

"I disagree. I think that Blueblood has a lot of class like you. I don't think I can make it in his high society world."

"In all seriousness", said Rarity, "I think you have a mighty good shot, best of luck!"

"Thanks Rarity", said Bon-Bon with a smile.

"So, you do know my name?"

"Sometimes I do."


There was Blueblood, waiting patiently at the front of his castle.

"Ho, Lady Bon-Bon", said Blueblood, "this is a surprise."

"I have thought long and hard about it and my answer to your proposal is yes!"

"Thank you Bon-Bon", said Blueblood, "you probably couldn't understand how happy I am right now."

"The same with me."

The two entered into a long and passionate kiss.


Epilogue

Prince Blueblood and Bon-Bon had an extravagant wedding at Princess Celestia's castle. Lyra, Pinkie Pie, and Flitter were Bon-Bon's bridesmaids.

They lived in Blueblood's castle and had two children together: a unicorn filly named Bluebon and an earth pony colt named Bonblood. Blueblood was right, they were destined to have beautiful children together. Much to Bon-Bon's delight, they also inherited sharp minds and a strong work ethic.

Prince Blueblood turned out to be a devoted father and husband. He wasn't particularly kind to other ponies including Lyra, but that didn't matter to Bon-Bon. Blueblood was loyal to their family and that was all Bon-Bon could ask for.

Much to the delight of Lyra, she was welcome as a regular guest to the castle despite some reluctance on Blueblood's part. Lyra and Bon-Bon remained the best of friends. Lyra eventually married some pony who wasn't Noteworthy.

Bon-Bon would never regret giving Prince Blueblood a chance.

Author's Note:

*Read "Pinkie Pie's Substitute" for an idea of what I'm talking about here.

I hope you all enjoyed the story.

Also along with Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, Rarity is one of my favorites of the Mane Six.. it's just so much fun to poke fun at her with the Rarity/Bon-Bon interactions.

Comments ( 11 )

A little too fast for me, but it was a great read.

Oh poor Noteworthy:pinkiesad2:

:heart:Sweet story.

Absolutely love it :)

This was a nice fic. It could of been better but I guess the state the fic is now makes it more amazing. Grats for the good job :pinkiehappy:

Instead of agreeing to marry Blueblood right away, she should have just told Blueblood that she wasn't ready yet because she still didn't know him well enough and wanted to continue dating. And if Blueblood was okay with that, then that would be a good sign.

But still, I enjoyed this story.

The Noteworthy Of The Bon-Bon :rainbowkiss::trollestia:

By Faust these characters are boooooring.

"I look out for you, Bonnie. You remember that now!"

Bon-Bon smiled at Pinkie. She supposed that was true in some respects.

Aww Pinkie Pie that's so sweet of you

Oh wow that was a pretty nice story so bon bon is still making a decision to make and Blueblood is very understanding about this situation so will wait for her and she want home to Ponyville and in the train she was talking with Pinkie pie about her day and it was nice for Pinkie to help bon bon and once she got home she heard Lyra and Noteworthy are playing a game and she was not that upset and it looks like she made a decision so she want back to Canterlot to talk with Blueblood and once she got there she said yes to the proposal and they got married and after a few years they got kids and he actually is great with kids and it feels like bon bon made a good decision wow this was nice keep up the good work

Login or register to comment