• Published 25th Feb 2014
  • 3,405 Views, 57 Comments

Cheesy-Sensed - RachWrites



Cheese Sandwich loves Pinkie Pie, but will she ever love him back? Cheese hopes to find out.

  • ...
2
 57
 3,405

Cheesy-Sensed

Pinkie Pie hummed a merry little tune as she skipped around the bakery floor of Sugar Cube Corner. She really was supposed to be working, but the letter she had just recived had made her too excited to work!
The letter was from her new friend, Cheese Sandwich, and it seemed that he would be coming back to Ponyville very soon!

Pinkie couldn't contain her happiness and she beamed at Mrs.Cake who smiled back, she didn't know why Pinkie was so happy, but she was used to it. Pinkie giggled as Mrs.Cake walked away, and she bounced out of the bakery. She had remembered that he said in his letter that he would arrive near two, and it was now one-fifty. Pinkie's smile was still on her face as she walked towards the train station, which he said he'd be arriving from.

Trains were really fun! Pinkie loved how they always let her set off her party cannons, and sometimes even the other ponies on board joined in when she did this, it wasn't every day you see a party cannon after all! Pinkie wondered if she and Cheese would be hosting some parties...Then they would have two party cannons! That would make it the bestest party ever!

Pinkie was now hoping up and down, almost expectantly, as she waited for the train to come into the stop. Everypony who walked by her starred, but she didn't care, she was used to ponies giving her odd looks sometimes. One pony who she didn't know would be there, was Twilight and she waved at her friend as Twilight walked over.

"Pinkie! Are you waiting for somepony?" asked Twilight, with a smile.

Pinkie nodded and beamed, for the dozenth time that day. "Yes! Cheese is coming back to town!" She exclaimed happily.

Twilight tilted her head. "Cheese, like Cheese Sandwich, that Cheese?" She asked, even though there was no mistaking that yellow party stallion.

Pinkie giggled and gave a little hop. "Yes indeedy! That Cheese! He's coming over for a visit! His letter said he had to tell me something, but he has to tell me in person...or else he'll explode! I don't want him to explode, Twilight!" Pinkie cried, flopping over the now stunned alicorn.

Twilight sighed and shook her head, "Pinkie...I don't think Cheese will actually explode...You see its called a me-" Twilight was cut off by Pinkie's squeal as the train pulled into the station.

Steam came off of the wheels and track, and the ponies near said train coughed a little. This train had come a long way just to get to Ponyvillle, and the passengers on-board happily got off of it.

One of them, was a bright yellow stallion, he was wearing his trade-mark flowered shirt. This time his shirt was a bright green, the flowers were blue. Pinkie thought his shirt was very pretty, but she was just happy to see him again! The excited Pinkie laughed and raced up to Cheese.

He smiled and gave her a hug, she returned it and a deep red blush appeared on her face. Cheese thought it was adorable. Pinkie was so nervous all of a sudden, she didn't even know why! It felt very silly.

Twilight giggled, almost like she knew something the pair didn't and she walked off saying something about continuing her walk, Pinkie wasn't really paying attention though. Cheese was her top priority right now.

"Heya, Cheese! What was so important that you had to come all this way and tell me?" Pinkie asked. She knew he had been planing a party somewhere really far away, and his tired face proved her right.

Cheese smiled, though that smile was a small one. He hadn't realized just how much he had missed his favorite pink mare until now, and he hoped that he could say what he wanted to.

"Well, Pinkie...I think we should at least go back to your place. I don't wanna just stand here the whole time, though if your around I'll go anywhere." Cheese replied, nudging Pinkie who blushed again.

"Uh...great! Sure we can go back to Sugar-Cube Corner. I got Mrs.Cake to make her special cheese croissants just for you! I know how much you love them." Pinkie replied, happily skipping next to her friend.

Cheese sighed, that was a very cleverly placed romantic flirt, and Pinkie hadn't even reacted! His smile dimmed a little, but he tried to brighten up whenever Pinkie looked at him. He didn't want her to feel bad because of him. The two finally made their way to the bakery, Pinkie talking the entire time. She had filled him in on what had happened since he'd left town. Rainbow had loved her party so much that the next day she couldn't even get out of bed! Cheese knew that this was probably because Rainbow loved her cider, but he didn't want to ruin Pinkie's good mood...so he laughed along with her, the thought of Rainbow Dash having a hangover because of him was a little funny..even if he did feel bad for her.

Mrs.Cake was still inside the bakery, and her ears perked as she heard the couple wander inside. She smiled at them as they both sat down for their lunch. Pinkie ordered the croissants for the both of them, no matter how much Cheese wanted to, and she smiled as Mrs.Cake quickly placed their plates down on their table.

"So what did you wanna tell me?" Pinkie asked, she smiled at him again and Cheese's nose warmed.

He smiled back, she was just so beautiful it was hard to think straight, luckily the thought of not disappointing her kept him going.

"Well...I uh...it's a little embarrassing." Cheese mumbled, making Pinkie tilt her head.

He sighed, this was so awkward. Mrs.Cake was also spying on them, and not very well either, so that didn't help. Whenever Cheese noticed the blue mare however, she quickly ducked behind wherever she was hiding.

"I just...Well, when I was on my way to Manehatten for my cousin's cutzeniera..I had a strange feeling." He said, looking down at his croissant.

Pinkie's eyes widened, "Oh no! Did you feel sick? I hope you didn't get a flu or something...those are the worse. I remember this one dream I had where Rainbow Dash got the feather flu...and well, things happened." Pinkie said, rambling just a little.

Cheese smiled and waited for her to finish, he was always patient towards her, because she was just so important to him. He smiled as she finally finished her rant about her...very odd dream. He coughed a little, and Mrs.Cake sheepishly went back into the potted plant she was hiding in. He was getting sick of that.

"Well, I wasn't really sick...per say. I was well, I missed you Pinkie." Cheese explained, he placed his yellow hooves on top of Pinkie's own and her eyes widened once more.

He gave her a kind smile and waited for the news to sink in...It seemed like it wasn't though, because Pinkie just laughed.

"Oh wow! You missed me so much that you decided to come back and hang out some more! This is so great!" Pinkie said happily.

Cheese rolled his eyes, he wanted to facehoof himself, but he didn't. She was just too special. He sighed and shook his head.

"No, Pinkie...Well, it's true that I wanted to see you again yes...But, it's for a different reason...I...I love you Pinkie." Cheese said. His eyes widened once Pinkie smiled, he thought that he had finally explained himself...thought being the key word.

"Love me? Don't you mean that you love my parties? Cause that's what you said when you were here the last time. I remember every second, it was too much fun not too! I-" She was cut of by Cheese's annoyed stare, and then, his frustrated kiss on the lips.

She blinked and kissed him back, now knowing what he really meant. Cheese smiled after they parted, and Pinkie had that adorable blush back.

"Oh...that kind of love." Pinkie replied, Cheese nodded.