• Published 26th Feb 2014
  • 359 Views, 10 Comments

The Huntman - adaptroug



Make the kill quick, clean, and painless for the animal that is all there ever was. Now armed with only my survival knowledge and a few weapons and a book on how to make gunpowder I must discover who I really am

  • ...
27
 10
 359

Hunters dream

I found myself looking down the scope of my rifle.

"Must be one of my reoccurring hunting dreams," I said to myself Taking the rifle away from my eyes, "Why must my dreams me so lucid."

"Who art thou," A female voice called out .

"I should be asking you that," I said, "But you are just one of the many thoughts swarming in my head so I should at least listen to what I have to say to myself."

"I am not..." she started as I snapped my fingers changing the dream environment to a small campfire with a few logs scattered as stools and grass padding as a bed spread insulation.

"Might as well show yourself."

A deep midnight blue pony specifically an alicorn by my great grandfathers description.

"I am princess Luna, and I am not one of your 'thoughts'" The alicorn identified herself as.

"Of course you are," I said the 'light' from the fire allowing me to see that she had a horn and wings with a mane and tail that seemed to blow in the wind when there was none, "Wait. Did you say you were 'Princess' Luna."

"Yes, why?"

I remembered my great grandfathers stories about this 'other world' and tried to remember more of what he said.

"Princess Luna," I said realizing my great granddads stories contained her and, "Little sister to Princess Celestia!!"

"Yes," she said more confused about something.

"How long has it been since discords first fall?" I asked knowing this might catch her off guard.

"How do you know about discord outsider, did he..." She started but I had to cut her off.

"My great granddad told me of how he sealed him in stone with you and your sisters help," I said.

"You are Antinanco Citlali's grandson!!" She said rather surprised.

"Great grandson," I corrected.

She shuck her head to remember something that she must have deemed important, "What did I come here for."

I rolled my eyes knowing what she was going to say so I said it for her, "Are you missing someone by the name of Applebloom."

"You better not have hurt her or..." She said rather angry almost like a new mother.

"She is fine if you want to check her dream she should be near me," I smelled the air and smelled a familiar smell, "I didn't fall asleep near any cedar treed did I."

"Your in the everfree forest there are many trees you might not have noticed it until now," Luna tried to reason.


"Sorry to cut this little visit short," I said, "I'm getting up, now. I can't risk it." I woke my self up with that line to an unforgiving sight of beast and wood.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment