• Published 26th Feb 2014
  • 360 Views, 10 Comments

The Huntman - adaptroug



Make the kill quick, clean, and painless for the animal that is all there ever was. Now armed with only my survival knowledge and a few weapons and a book on how to make gunpowder I must discover who I really am

  • ...
27
 10
 360

Capture and escape

I awoke in the middle of the night to footsteps of an unknown origin.

"Who's there!!" I yelled putting my backpack and rifle on my back and drawing my .45 caliber revolver.

I herd commotion and a mob of voices but I was able to pick out four words, 'slave' 'warrior' 'love' 'food'.

My pistol shown a bright green aura around it before I felt very sleepy with my eyes going in and out of focus.

When I concluded that the commotion wasn't after me I holstered my .45 and went back to sleep.





I awoke in what I would describe as a holding cell luckily I still had all of my gear both pistols and my rifle.

I stood and turned away from the door and saw this was a fairly large holding cell that was somewhat already populated with at least ten others.

"I give him a week," "I give him a day," and "He won't last his first fight," were swarming around the room each having a different voice.

I herd a metallic ring as the other 'things' in the cell started backing away.

"Curse my curiosity," I said to myself standing, staring at the door.

The door flew open reveling a black equine-like creature with a horn and ragged, insect like wings with holes that seemed to be drilled into the creature.

He immediately singled me out and a green aura enveloped me causing my arms to bind themselves behind my back and me to fall to my knees.

I slowed my breathing as the guard put a hoof under my chin and made me look into his eyes.

Those eyes. I will never forget those eyes. Big solid blue eyes that seemed to be duplicates.

Another guard walked in, an exact duplicate of the first.

"What do you about him General Ki," the guard that walked in said said.

"To the ring with him," Ki said, "But I think he is under equipped."

"Thirty seconds in the armory and no more."

"Up on your feet you scum," the guard with no assigned name said horn glowing the same sick green color and I was up on my feet my hands still behind my back.





The creatures walked me into a room with weapons lining the walls but two things caught my eye off the bat, a small dagger and a bullet.

Knowing I only had only a small window of time I grabbed the dagger and bullet.

Using the rest of my time I looked at the bullet, the projectile seemed to be made out of some sort of purple crystal with a casing to match which I was able to load into my .45 caliber pistol.

"Time to fight newbie," Ki said grabbing me in his green aura floating and restraining me as he threw me in the ring.

I got up, dusted my camouflage outfit off, and got in a fighting stance with my off-hand ready to draw my hunting knife if it needed to be used as a weapon.




I faced my opponent then dropped my guard when I saw how young my opponent was.

A filly that can barley reach the top of my knee was my opponent. Her cream coat and red mane were matted with remains of a shredded bow in her mane.

The sword she held was short and slightly curved with the blade scratched and chipped.

She charged at me with fear embedded in her eyes.

"Time to make or break," I said to myself dropping the dagger.

She made a clumsy swing at my side which I used to bring her sword to the ground.

"Really!!" I yelled at the crowd in the stands who responded with insults being thrown left and right.

I took the sword from the filly and threw it at the stadium wall.

I took out my Glock 9mm in my left hand when the guards stormed into the stadium.

The filly was crying not knowing her fate.

I knelt down and whispered in her ear, "listen to me and we will get out of here," which did little to nothing to calm her.

I looked forward and saw the wave of blue and black with one taking the lead.

"One of you will not survive," He said, but his voice sounded similar to Ki but they all look the same. "Newbie you are the one to die!" He yelled charging at me.

I aimed the sight of my 9mm and emptied one shot into his head throwing green blood across the rest of the creatures.

"Who else wants some!!" I challenged them drawing my .45 caliber revolver in my right hand making sure the purple bullet was last to be fired, "What are you... Chicken."

These creatures saw what I have done to their captain and accepted my challenge and charged at me and the filly.

I fell nine others with my 9mm before I started firing my .45 cal Each shot deafening me slightly.

The filly hid behind my covering her ears from each shot fired.

I counted down the shots left in my .45 cal. pistol.

"Six."

One of the creatures fell in front of me as I unloaded a shot into it's head.


"Five."
The next shot did not hit the intended target but disabled one behind it from using it's horn as a weapon.


"Four."
The round went off when I hit another one of the creatures in the back of the head when it got close downing two.



"Three"
Did not hit anything.


"Two."
I knew this was It as I prayed under my breath, "Please let this work."


"One."

I pulled the trigger for the last shot but instead of feeling the recoil or hearing the sound barrier brake I herd a humming.

lucky for my the creatures that I was slaughtering had grown weary seeing there comrades fall so easily.

I held the trigger hoping that the bullet would fire, instead the humming grew louder.

The creatures seemed to take there chance.

I released the trigger to get a reload in but the second I released the trigger a blinding purple light launched forward blasting the creatures back and through the gate blowing the gate off it's hinges.

I turned to the filly and grabbed her and started to run.

While running I put my Glock in it's holster and unloaded all the shells in my .45 and saw the one that I just fired still had the projectile in the casing and put it back in the chamber not bothering to reload any more chambers.

The filly on my back was screaming as we ran.

"Sound the alarm, we have a runner," One of them said as I continued to run through the cavern.

I blasted through the waves of guards that were sent to stop us from escaping each being blown away with the bullet I stole from there armory.

How many times to I have to shoot you before I reload , I thought each time I shot the same bullet while we ran into the forest.





I did not stop until I was sure we lost them.

I sat the filly down who immediately backed into a tree.

"What are you," she said fear still coating her voice.

"Tired," I replied sitting, leaning agents a tree.