• Published 28th Feb 2014
  • 834 Views, 4 Comments

Royal Blessings - HolyCross9



Both the Princesses are summoned for by Spike a special occasion

  • ...
9
 4
 834

Royal Blessings

It was a lovely, sunny afternoon in Equestria as both Princesses Celestia and Luna soared over the land, their shimmering long manes and tails trailing gracefully in the wind. It had been an hour since the two co-rulers had departed from Canterlot after receiving a written message from Spike, requesting that they both come to Smokey Mountain and that he and Quillina had something very important to inform them about. The immortal sisters had already reached the Unicorn Mountain Range and were currently soaring above them at a high altitude, despite the thin, frigid air. After several more minutes of continuous flight over the snow-capped peaks, both sisters at last came within sight of their destination: the Smokey Mountain. The two co-rulers then began swiftly descending as they both proceeded toward the immense, pointed peak. After coming within a mile of their destination, the princesses flexed their maws into smiles as they observed the aerial purple form of Spike from afar rapidly approaching them from the mountain. Within minutes, both co-rulers and dragon intercepted each other in the air, all with joyous expressions on their faces. Spike had now grown into a huge full-sized, muscle-rippling, adult dragon, at least thirty to forty pony-lengths from snout to tail. Yet, despite his enormous size, Spike’s draconic visage still possessed the same aura of kindness and benevolence he maintained since his years as a baby dragon.



“Princess Celestia! Princess Luna!” he exclaimed excitedly with his baritone voice. “I’m so glad that you’re both here!” He then immediately stretched out his arms and embraced the Royal siblings in a firm, yet gentle hug against his hard, green chest.



“I’m most elated to see you too, Spike,” kindly replied Princess Celestia.



“Yeah, we’re like totally thrilled, Spikey,” added Princess Luna cheerfully. All three then separated from the embrace and resumed hovering close to each other as the older princess politely spoke:



“Now, Spike, you mentioned in your letter that you had a matter of importance to tell me and my sister. Could you kindly explain that matter further?”



“Yeah, and where is your hot golden Southern belle?”



“Quillina’s back inside our cave,” replied Spike, as he indicated down at the mountain with one arm. “And to answer your first question, your majesties, you’ll need to follow me inside, for it would be better if I showed you.” With that, the immense purple dragon immediately rotated and dived down toward the mountain with the royal princesses in tow behind him.





Within minutes, Spike and the princesses eventually arrived at the cave the purple dragon mentioned, which was situated a few thousand feet below the apex of Smokey Mountain. Spike, using his powerful, hurricane-force inducing wings, landed outside the cave entrance, while the princesses settled down gently and gracefully beside him. Spike then walked over to the cave entrance and poked his head inside, speaking with affection and gentleness:



“Hey, Quilly! Quilly? The Princesses are here now.” He waited a few moments before Quillina replied in her silvery voice:



“Oh, that’s just wonderful, Spikey! Have ‘em come on right in.” Spike then withdrew his head from the cave and glanced at the princesses with a joyful smile. He then stepped aside and gestured with one arm toward the cave entrance.



“After you, your majesties,” he politely spoke. Celestia and Luna smiled back at Spike as they gracefully proceeded into the cave, to which he then followed in tow behind them. As the trio progressed further into the cave, they observed that there were rows lit torches along the walls, illuminating the room with the soft glow orange light. Both princesses fondly remembered a century ago when they graciously gave this cave to both Spike and Quillina as a second home within Equestria as a wedding gift. Within a half a minute, the group walked into a large circular chamber that was encircled and illuminated by several torches. Both princesses were amazed with what they visualized, for nearly every square inch of immense floor was covered in a deep layer of gold, silver, jewels, wealth so vast, that a mere hoof-full of it would make anypony richer than Fancy Pants. Situated within the center of this chamber was the beautiful golden dragoness, Quillina, whose slender and graceful form was reclined on top of the golden treasure trove, with her left wing enclosed over her sprawled hind legs. Presently, Quillina’s elegant profile had a most jubilant expression as she watched the princesses and her purple beau approach her.



“Why, your royal highnesses,” exclaimed Quillina happily, bowing her head respectfully. “I do declare its evah so good that y’all could come. Why, I’m just so evah elated t’ see y’all here.”



“Indeed, my dear,” replied Celestia, as she and her younger sister halted, standing before the dainty dragoness. “Both Luna and I are most glad to see you too.”



“Tell me, Quilly,” said Luna cheekily. “Has your Spikey-Wikey here been treating you well?” This prompted the dragoness to let out a silvery chuckle while Spike, who had now positioned himself next to her, just blushed with embarrassment.



“Why, of course,” she replied joyfully. “Spikey has been a treasure t’ me as he has always been for th’ past six hundred years. Isn’t that right, darlin’?” She then pecked Spike affectionately, brightening the blush on his scaly cheeks for a moment.



“Yep, I sure have,” he confirmed with a nod. Both princesses giggled heartily for a moment before they shifted to a bit more serious look.



“Well, Quillina,” said Celestia. “Spike has told me that there was something you both wanted to show me and my sister. May I ask what exactly?” Instead of answering, the graceful dragoness just smiled before she then slowly lifted her left wing, revealing a clutch of seven foal-sized eggs situated snugly together against her side, each of them shaded in a variety of beautiful colors. Both princesses witnessed this unveiling with soft gasps, utterly and literally speechless for a few moments before their muzzles flexed into joyous smiles.



“Spike,” Celestia softly addressed the two dragons. “Quillina, this is so wonderful!”



“Got that right, sis,” replied Luna loudly and enthusiastically, lightly rapping one hoof onto the treasure-covered floor of the cave. “I mean you have no idea how long I’ve been dying to see this happen.” She then focused her brilliant turquoise eyes at the two dragons, both of whom had warm smiles on their faces. “Mind if sis and I have a closer look at your clutch?”



“Go on right ahead,” replied the golden dragoness softly while her mate nodded approvingly. Luna then merrily walked on over toward the clutch of eggs with her sister in tow beside her. The beauteous regent of the night then gently placed hoof on one of the eggs and then instantly gasped aloud.



“What is it, Luna?” asked Celestia softly.



“Tia,” replied Luna excitedly. “You’ve got to check this out. This one’s pulse is giving me shivers all over.” Then, removing her hoof from the egg, the beaming Luna retreated a few hooves back while Celestia stepped forth and lightly touched the egg with her hoof. The balmy sun princess’ eyes brightened up joyfully as she felt and heard the faint, yet pulsating warm heart beats of the tiny hatchling developing within the egg. For a brief moment, Celestia fondly remembered witnessing Spike, when he first hatched on the very same day that she took up his guardian, Twilight Sparkle, as her personal student, and how much he had now changed since then. The sun princess then mentally withdrew from her nostalgia as she removed her hoof from the egg and then turned to face Spike with a fond, bright smile on her muzzle.



“Oh, Spike,” spoke Celestia with soft joy. “You’ve made me and Luna so proud of you today; for you have once again demonstrated your development in growth and maturity: by deciding to raise a family of your own with Quillina.”



“Yeah; way to go, big boy,” added Luna encouragingly, winking one eye at the purple dragon.



“Gee, thanks,” said Spike modestly, his cheeks flushing brightly, while his golden beauty let out a silvery giggle. He then observed Luna’s smile shift into a deep frown as she then asked:



“But seriously, what took you so long? Why didn’t you and Quilly do this sooner?” At this, Spike inhaled and sighed ruefully.



“Well it wasn’t easy,” he replied softly, taking a brief glance at Quillina, who now had a slightly more serious expression on her graceful face. “Believe me, I’ve been thinking about wanting to have children with Quilly for a long time, even before we got married. It wasn’t until about fifty years ago that I finally decided to ask her if she wanted to have children with me.” Spike, with a look of disappointment then sighed. “But, she initially refused.”



“And why did you refuse then, Quillina?” Celestia calmly asked the large, golden dragoness, whose flawless facial features bore the same sorrowful expression as her mate’s.



“Well,” replied Quillina sadly. “back then, when Spikey first asked me about raising little hatchlin’s of our own, it nearly blew me away like a fierce tornado. I didn’t rightly know what t’ say.” Spike then gently placed a strong paw over one of Quillina’s dainty and delicate paws as she reminisced about that same moment.



“Flashback time,” commented Luna softly.


-----(Smokey Mountain, Fifty Years Ago)-----


Deep inside of their cave, Spike and Quillina sat close to each other on their haunches, with both their eyes fixated on each other. Quillina had a blank expression on her beauteous features while her husband and mate waited anxiously for her response to his aforementioned question. Then, Quillina’s amethyst eyes instantly shrunk to the size of pinpricks as she immediately started breathing and gasping at an abnormally fast rate while her body began trembling moderately.



“Quilly!” shouted Spike, as he jolted forward, firmly embracing Quillina’s slender frame with both arms and wings. “Quilly, please…calm down. It will be alright. I’m here for ya.” Spike then began cradling and caressing his golden-scaled beloved while continuing to whisper words of comfort to mollify her.



“I know it was most unladylike for me t’ break down like that, but I was just s’ overwhelmed that I couldn’t help my li’l ol’ self. But nonetheless, Spikey, bein’ th’ gentle, compassionate, and tender dragon I’ve come t’ love, stood firm and helped me t' settle down from my bout o’ anxiety.”



“And you did well in helping your spouse in her moment of need, Spike,” congratulated Princess Celestia.



“Thank you, princess,” replied Spike. “Go ahead, sweetie.”



“Thank ya kindly, darlin’. Anyhow, while Spikey helped calm me down, I had two realizations come t’ me at once. The first was that, deep down in my heart, I was utterly elated and thrilled with the prospect of siring offspring with my handsome, kindly beau. Sadly though, I do declare that I also felt nervous, hesitant, and uncertain if whether or not I had the confidence of nurturing ‘em like a mother should. Furthermore, I was also fearful o' how it would affect my relationship with Spike, for good or ill. Sadly, it was the latter of the two that I was more inclined toward choosing at the time. And so when I finally calmed down completely, I looked deep into Spikey’s eyes and softly told him…”



“Spikey, I do declare, that it was s' evah mighty thoughtful of you askin’ me about raisin’ a family with ya’ll; in fact I actually feel flattered and honored about that. But, as of now, I’m not sure if I feel ready enough to do that kinda thing yet.” The golden dragoness then sighed dolefully as she then motioned her forepaw softly on her husband’s cheek, whose face had a sad expression. “But, before I give you my answer, I ask you t’ not let it change how much I feel about you, Spikey. For I promise you, that I will always, always love you far more than any amount of gold or silver in all of Equestria.” Quillina then withdrew her forepaw as she then prepared to give Spike, who had a dolor expression on his face, her answer. But before she had the chance, Spike motioned his strong neck forward and lightly pressed it against Quillina’s slender neck.



“It’s alright, Quilly,” said Spike softly in a slightly sad, yet gentle tone. “If you don’t feel ready with being a mother yet, then I won’t force you. I promise.” He then withdrew his neck and readjusted is sad gaze into Quillina’s amethyst beautiful eyes. “But, could you please think about it? Because this is something I really want to do with you someday.” Spike then gave Quillina a smile.



“And did you think about it like Spikey asked you, Q?” asked Luna.



“Indeed I did, Princess Luna,” replied Quillina respectfully. “I did give the li’l matter some considerable thought for the next fifty years since then, while Spikey was evah so patient with me ‘bout it. Then, one night, a couple o’ months ago, was when I told Spikey that I changed my answer to ‘yes’…”


---(Smokey Mountain, Present Day)---


“…And ‘twas that same night,” continued Quillina with a blissful sigh. “When Spikey and I made love together, though I won’t go into the details of that moment. Then, Spikey and I decided to remain here so as we would not only remain undisturbed from our own kind, but t' also be close t' our friends in Equestria durin’ my pregnancy.” She then swiveled her graceful snout toward the clutch of eggs with a look of profound joy, before she then gave a sad sigh. “And let me tell you, that throughout my pregnancy, I often regreted choosing t' delay having children with my beloved Spikey when he first asked me many years ago.”



“Hey, don’t sweat it, Q,” replied Princess Luna. “Tia and I have known thousands of married mares who’ve felt that way after bearing their foals.”



“Indeed,” concurred Celestia, nodding in Luna’s direction, before she then glanced toward Spike. “Tell me, Spike, how long ago was it that Quillina laid your lovely clutch of eggs?”



“She laid them last night,” replied Spike, smiling as he gazed at Quillina fondly. “I remained by her side from the first to the very last beautiful egg.”



“No doubt you were releasing a storm surge of joyous tears too,” Luna teased with a wry smile.



“Well, I did shed a few tears,” Spike admitted modestly.



“But, rest assured, ya’ll,” said Quillina. “There will be a real storm surge a comin’ once our eggs start hatchin’!” Both dragons and princesses chuckled merrily for a brief moment. Then, Princess Celestia then looked up at Spike again with a slightly more serious look on her features.



“Now, Spike,” said she. “I assume that you and Quillina have another reason for showing me and Luna this magnificent clutch of eggs?”



“That’s right, your highness,” replied Spike solemnly. “You see, me and Quilly have a request for both you and Luna involving our clutch, which is this: both of us would be most grateful if you could bestow your blessings upon them.” Both sovereign siblings then turned and gazed into each other’s eyes in a manner that indicated they were having a serious conversation. A few seconds later, smiles formed on both their chiseled muzzles as they shifted their eyes back toward Spike and Quillina.



“But, of course, Spike” said Celestia. “Both Luna and I would be honored to bestow our blessings on your clutch.” Both dragons’ lips stretched into warm and grateful smiles.



“And, don’t ya’ll worry, your highnesses,” said Quillina assuredly. “For I promise ya tha’ Spikey and I will ensure t’ raise and nurture our future children into well-mannered and compassionate dragons who will know the joys and magic of friendship.”



“Glad to hear it, Q,” replied Luna. Then, both she and her elder sister positioned themselves in front of the egg clutch, bent down their heads and gently sprinkled gold and blue magic dust over them with their horns for a few seconds. For a few moments, the princesses’ magic dust caused the heptad of eggs to give a soft glow of light that reflected off of Quillina’s scales most beautifully. As the eggs’ light faded out, both princesses raised their necks back up, smiling fondly as they beheld the same clutch they just now blessed. Then, Celestia’s eyes shifted their direction toward Spike, who was gazing fondly at his and Quillina’s clutch.



“You know, Spike,” she said softly. “I’m positive that Twilight Sparkle would also been very proud of you right now, just as both me and Luna are proud of you.” Princess Luna nodded in agreement with her elder sister’s kind statement. Immediately, Spike’s joyous facial expression darkened into a more doleful one as his ear fins drooped down as well.



“Yeah, I know,” he replied with a quiet, sad tone. “I know that she would be. I…I really wish that T-Twilight were here to see this.” Spike then hung his large head as he then began sniffling morosely while his eyes swelled with large, dragon-sized tears. Around him, his beauteous mate and both princesses all bore similar facial expressions of sadness in remembering their aforementioned friend, as they watched Spike mourning softly. For it had been at least five centuries since Twilight Sparkle’s death. Both dragons and princesses were greatly saddened by their dear friend’s passing then, especially Spike, who had known Twilight since he was a young hatchling, felt particularly devastated. And ever since then, whenever he thought about his beloved unicorn guardian, both Spike’s heart and body would ache with immense sadness. Then, after a minute or two, Quillina bent her sinuous neck forward in Spike’s direction.



“Spikey,” she spoke in her soft, silvery voice. “Could you please look at me for a li’l moment?” Then with some effort, Spike, lifted his tear-stained muzzle up and fixed his green eyes straight into Quillina’s amethyst ones. “Now, honey, I know how you feel—believe me, I really do. I dearly miss Twilight Sparkle just as much as you do. But, please, bear in mind that a part of her is still burnin’ with life inside of you, which is somethin’ that will remain with you forevah. And I’m as sure as rain that wherevah Twilight’s soul may be in the afterlife that she’ll always remember and love you, Spikey. Now, I know I’ve told you this several times over, but I do that for ya ‘cause I love you and always will.” Then both dragons opened up their jaws and engaged each other in a passionate French kiss, with their tongues caressing one another fondly. In an instant, Spike’s immense sadness dissolved like snow during the spring thaw as his osculation with Quillina sent cerebral vibrations through his spine. Both Princesses Celestia and Luna smiled joyfully as they were watching the lovely romantic moment between the two dragons. After a minute, the two dragons’ maws separated and Spike, now smiling broadly, gazed into Quillina’s eyes as she shared a similar grin.



“Thanks, Quilly,” said Spike fondly.



“Ya’ll welcome, Spikey,” replied Quillina softly.


The four friends then spent the rest of the afternoon in friendly conversation that included exchanging the numerous happenings and occurrences in both Equestria and Quillina’s homeland, old adventures they've ventured on together, and the other various fond memories shared with each other. One such benign memory they reminisced for a long time on was the marriage of their friends, Pipsqueak and Apple Bloom, an event that Princess Luna spoke of most enthusiastically and memorably, on account that she officiated the wedding ceremony. Then at last, when evening came, both Princesses fondly bid farewell to Spike and Quillina, as they then exited their cave, ascended up in flight and then teleported back to Canterlot.


Later that night inside the comfort of their cave, Spike was currently lying on the treasure-layered floor beneath him, snuggled up against his beautiful golden beloved Quillina, with their lovely clutch of dragon eggs comfortably nestled against her svelte side. Both of them are awake and gazing at their clutch fondly. Also, it was presently dark inside on account that all the torches within their cave are now extinguished. But, that didn’t bother the two dragons very much, on account that both had excellent night vision.



“Spikey,” said Quillina softly, setting her eyes on her purple beau. “I’ve got this wonderful li’l suggestion for a name we could give to one of our li’l hatchlings. Wanna hear it?”



“Sure thing, Quilly,” whispered Spike approvingly.



“Well, you see the purple one there?” She motioned her graceful snout at the egg she indicated. “I was thinkin’ that if it’s a gal, then we could name her Twilight, in honor of our dear friend Twilight Sparkle.” She then rotated her gaze back toward her husband. “What do ya’ll think about that, sugah?” Spike’s mouth broadened into a joyous smile while listening to his beloved’s wonderful suggestion.



“I think that's a perfect name, Quilly.”



“But, just in case that egg hatches as a male, we could name ‘im Dusk instead.” This prompted both dragons to chuckle softly for a moment. Then, Spike jaws expanded widely as he gave a sleepy, dragon-like yawn that reverberated within the chamber.



“Holy guacamole!” he exclaimed. “We better get some sleep, we’ve got a new day tomorrow.”



“We sure do, darlin’,” agreed Quillina. Both dragons then nuzzled each other’s heads affectionately. “G’night, Spikey.”



“Goodnight, Quilly.” With that, both dragons laid down the heads on the floor, and Quillina covered the eggs with a wing while Spike gently draped one of his over her. The two dragons slept blissfully, dreaming of the near future when they raise their offspring into knowing and living the magic of friendship.

Author's Note:

This was a story I wrote as a gift to WarrenHutch, who some of you here on Fimfiction would no doubt recognize. Here's the link to it on my DA page: http://holycross9.deviantart.com/art/MLP-FiM-Royal-Blessings-392340509

Comments ( 4 )

4181268 So glad that you did! I'm excited that your the first person on Fimfiction to comment on this story.

4182414

then.........HUZZAH! I am first! :raritystarry:

but yeah, you worded the whole thing pretty well and the whole thing mad me daww all over the place

good work, Luna approved :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment