• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 10,318 Views, 692 Comments

A Spark of Insanity - Scourge012



Equestria has defended itself from countless terrors without fail through the strength of friendship. Well, just wait until they get a load of me.

  • ...
62
 692
 10,318

Spark

I can feel it. I'm so close to escaping, I can almost smell the fresh air. It's just after the middle of the night now, not counting the times the day and night cycle rapidly switched.

I'm assuming that was Discord's doing.

Actually, speaking of Discord, he's back. They carried him in about an hour ago, and returned him to the exact same spot he was in before. Ironic. Before he was frozen in a position that looked like he was singing, but now he just looks freaked out. Serves him right. Knowing him, he probably made the biggest scene he could to attract as much attention as possible. Yeah, fantastic plan. I'm going to be smarter. You can bet on that.

In a single fluid motion, I twist both my wrists. Pebbles land softly on the grass surrounding me. Then I flex my fingers and dust flies. I extend my elbows before rotating my shoulders. Arms free. I move my neck to one side then bring both hands up, colliding with the sides of my skull and shattering the stone covering my head. I take a deep breath of cool, night air as I pull my legs free on their bindings and step off my platform. Happily, I run my fingers through my mowhawk and trace the scar that runs across my cranium.

It's been so long I've forgotten what it's like to feel things. Now that's crazy. I've basically forgotten what it's like to have a sense of touch.

But enough of that. I can't simply teleport away from canterlot like Discord did. I'll have to sneak out. Before I do, though...

I casually saunter up to Discord's statue. I've waited a long time to do this.

"You know, hermano... I think a lot of people like you," I gesture towards him with my hands. "Take your freedom... for granite." I flash him a toothy grin before turning on my heel and walking away.

God damn, that felt good.

----------

I peer over the balcony as a cool breeze runs through my hair. I can practically see the exit now. It's one of the passageways that transport expensive goods, the kind of stuff ponies think is too valuable to put on the main train. I've been watching this particular shipment for about twenty minutes now, as a pair of royal guards unload the boxes. The only other pony present is the train's driver, and he wont hear what I'm about to do next over the sound of the engine.

When they drop the last crate on the ground I make my move.

I grunt as I jump from the balcony, knife unsheathed and glinting in the moonlight. One of the guards looks up as I land on him, my knife plunging into his chest. His partner lets out a yelp of shock and raises his spear, but I dodge to one side and kick the handle, knocking it from his hooves. As it clatters to the ground, I drive my blade into his throat. A splash of crimson hits my face as he falls. I wipe it off.

Quickly grabbing the bodies, I hide them in the shadows about fifty feet away. Then, I grab both of their spears, stick the pointy ends into the ground, and place their helmets on top. Sure, it's a little theatrical, but I want sun-bitch to know exactly who she's dealing with.

As I walk away and flick my knife downwards, leaving several scarlet drops on the ground. Then an idea comes to mind. Wiping the blood that I missed on my cheek, I leave a little message for celestia on one of the soldier's golden helmets. Then I hop into the empty train cart as its driver pulls away, completely unaware as to what just happened.

----------

Princess Celestia's day stated out as a pretty good one. She woke up, raised the sun and prepared to eat breakfast as she casually sipped her tea. Discord had been defeated by the elements of harmony, all the chaos he had created was vanquished, and to top it all off the chef had made her favourite red velvet pancakes. Levitating the fork to her mouth, she prepared to take her first bite.

"Princess! You must come quickly!"

Dropping the fork, she cleared her throat and prepared to politely address the pony who had so rudely interrupted her morning.

"Yes, Flash Sentry, how can I help you this fine morning?"

"One of the statues in canterlot gardens has broken free!"

Instantly, her blood ran cold. "Is it Discord?"

"No, you majesty. It's someone else."

----------

Wide eyed, the monarch of the sun examined the mess of rubble that had once housed the being she had dubbed 'insanity'.

"When did he escape?" She looked to the guard.

"Sometime around the middle of the night, your highness."

She weighed her options for a few seconds before replying. "Alright, I believe that the best thing to do at the moment would be to arrange-"

"PRINCESS!"

Jumping a little, Celestia turned her head to address whoever had screamed at her.

"Yes, what seems to be the-"

"You must come quickly!" The guard barked, interrupting her. "There's been an incident at one of the train yards!"

"Very well." She replied, already nearly positive as to who had caused the trouble. "Lead the way."

----------

"How did this happen?" Celestia practically growled. Her suspicions had been proven correct. "How is it possible for one being without any magical powers to kill two of my guards and escape Canterlot without a single pony knowing?"

The bodies of a pair of guards had been discovered, along with their weapons and armor. Statistically speaking, it was no great loss, but the fact that it had been done so easily was... unsettling.

"Your highness, it appears he is skilled in combat and stealth." The guard replied, apparently regaining his previously lost composure.

Suddenly, attention of the princess was drawn to one of the two helmets left sitting atop a spear. Reaching out with her telekinesis, she grabbed it and held it close to her face. A message was messily scrawled on the helmet in what she presumed was blood, judging by the smell. It was short, rude and to the point.

Catch me if you can, bitch.

-V

"This is a game to him." She breathed. "Taking the lives of innocent ponies. It's just a game to him."

Bewilderment quickly turning to anger, she gritted her teeth. The helmet proceeded to be noisily crushed into a small golden ball under the strength of her magical power and dropped at her hooves.

"Orders, you majesty?" The guard inquired, standing at attention.

Celestia cleared her throat before speaking. When she did, her tone was solid and determined. "Tell the royal guard to search the city. There's still a chance he may still be hiding in Canterlot. They are to arrest any bipedal figures on sight and bring them before me. Understood?"

The guard nodded curtly. "As you wish, princess."

"I will personally send a letter of warning to Twilight Sparkle and her friends to be on the lookout for this monster in Ponyville. If he has left the city, something tells me that's where he'll be headed."

The guard issued a salute before walking away.

Out of earshot from anypony else, the princess turned around, eyes closed.

"I just hope I'm not already too late."

Author's Note:

Ugh.
Okay, this chapter took me twice as long to write as the first one.
I dunno, there was just some stuff I couldn't get right.
But anyways, please like the story and all that jazz. It really helps me out!
And if you didn't like the story, tell me why.
Okay, that's it for now.
Stay beautiful.