• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 10,305 Views, 692 Comments

A Spark of Insanity - Scourge012



Equestria has defended itself from countless terrors without fail through the strength of friendship. Well, just wait until they get a load of me.

  • ...
62
 692
 10,305

Heat

Do you want to know one thing I've noticed about being trapped in stone? You tend to go through a cycle of emotions.

First of all, you'll feel anger towards whoever put you in your stony prison. A hot flame, eager to escape and wreak havoc once again, but after about twenty minutes with nothing to do but admire the scenery, the anger eventually fades and is replaced with your second emotion.

Regret. You'll go through your final moments of freedom and slowly realize all of the ways you could have avoided being put here in the first place. You could've simply killed the heroes instead of using an overly complicated death trap, or killed them yourself instead of telling your minions to do it. Or you could've ducked when you saw the giant rainbow blast headed towards you. Just saying.

Then comes boredom. The usual sentence in your marble cell lasts about one thousand years, give or take. During this time you're completely paralyzed, only able to ever move your eyes a few centimetres. There is absolutely no interaction with the outside world. Many would say all of this time with nobody but your own thoughts is almost certain to drive anyone mad. They would be right.

But eventually you'll tire of boredom.

That's when something begins to build deep within you. Something hot... Smouldering. It's a pressure deep inside that builds and builds and builds. It's so much hotter than anger and it doesn't really want to get out too badly at first, but it's a force that's constantly growing. Every time you see a free being on the outside, and every time you remember what it was like to be able to do... anything. And after a little while, you'll realize what it is.

It's pure hatred. Plain and simple. You see, anger is just a flame. It's plenty hot, but without a constant fuel supply, it burns itself out. But hate? Hate is like the magma deep underneath your feet. It's always there, Just waiting for it's chance to get out. Then, like a volcano, it explodes, beautifully and horribly at the same time.

And with about a thousand years to build, there's going to be one hell of an explosion.

----------

Today's the day. I can feel it. I know I've said that a ton of times already (786, to be exact.) but today seems like a great day for a break out. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, three little fillies are arguing in front of Discord's statue-

Oh.

Holy shit! Today really is the day! I'd scream with joy, but I'm a little preoccupied with my rock impression. Straining my ears, I can sort of make out what they're saying.

"-Call me things I don't know the meaning of! And it is too chaos!" The orange pegasus growls. I've never seen wing's like her's, they're so tiny. Like chicken wings. I wonder what they taste like?

"Is not!" The white unicorn shoots back. Her voice is so high. I wonder what she would sound like if I set her on fire.

The three of them start to scuffle, and it's actually kind of funny to watch, until what I presume is their teacher comes to break up the battle.

But I'm no longer concentrating on what she's saying. I've noticed a crack has begun to form on Discord's chest, and It's slowly growing.

Stone cracking. It's not really a very exciting thing to most, but I watch in awe as the spirit of chaos himself is freed from his prison by something as simple as an argument between a few tiny ponies. Admittedly, I'm a little jealous.

Then my attention is pulled away as the school group reaches the foot of my "Statue".

"Whath thith one, miss Cheerilee?" A horse with a lisp? Really?

"This statue represents insanity. It is a carving of a psychotic being who supposedly came to Equestria about one thousand years ago." Wow. This lady knows her shit. Cool.

"He looks angry." A yellow filly with a bow in her hair adds.

And with that, the group moves on.

About twenty minutes after they leave Canterlot gardens, Discord's statue explodes loudly, scattering pieces of rock everywhere as an evil laugh echoes throughout the gardens.

Showoff.

Then he stretches. I can practically hear his joints popping from here.

"Oh, it's so good to be free!"

No shit, buddy. We're all so happy for you.

"The chaos I'll create, the nations I'll enslave!" He snaps his fingers, and a nearby hedge is turned into pure caramel.

He half walks, half floats past me.

"Okay, my first stop should probably be-" Suddenly, he stops and backs up until he's in front of my once again.

"My, my. Aren't you a rude one!" He chuckles a bit as he peers at me. "Most ponies wouldn't know what that gesture means, them having hooves and all, but I do."

Ah yes. I was unluckily turned to stone as I flipped Celestia the bird, my face angrily contorted into a snarl that clearly said Fuck You.

"You'll probably create a lot of chaos if I were to set you free, wouldn't you?"

You bet, baby.

"And on the off chance I was retuned to this wretched place, you'd continue causing chaos, quickening my release."

If my mouth could salivate, it would. My freedom depends solely on this guy's decision.

"Still, it's a tad risky, I've heard you're a little unpredictable..."

He looks at me, grin on his face. He's teasing me.

After a couple seconds, his smile grows.

"Oh, what the heck!" He snaps his fingers, and a tiny pickaxe appears in this left claw as a mining helmet materializes on his head, complete with a light.

He lifts the pickaxe, which could have only been about six inches in length, and brings it down, hard. Then he stops a few centimetres from the top of my middle finger and taps it lightly.

A tiny crack, about as wide as a hair, forms.

I hate this guy.

"What?" He acts hurt, as if he could feel my anger.

"Oh be so sendimental, you and I wouldn't want to quarry, now would we?" The spirit of chaos doubles over laughing like it was the funniest thing ever.

He turns to leave. "Don't worry," He starts giggling again. "After this, I'm sure we'll have a clean slate.

I'm trying so hard to hold down a scream of rage.

He takes a step outside before he calls over his shoulder. "I almost forgot." Then he teleports a few inches from my face.

"Rock on!"

The top of my middle finger breaks free, and stands a little taller.

Author's Note:

Well, this appears to be the first chapter. Cool.
I kinda wrote this on a whim, so If you guys like the story, I'll continue it.
If you don't like the story, please leave a comment as to why. It'll help me improve!
I think that's it.
Bye.