• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 6,718 Views, 51 Comments

Les Mots D’amour - aquilerafroot



Twilight has feelings for Rarity, but it seems the fashionista doesn't feel the same way. Or does she?

  • ...
4
 51
 6,718

Author's Note

[author's note]

For completeness' sake, I've moved the whole story into the first chapter. And I've added about four more paragraphs throughout the fic. This is quite different from anything I have written in the past, and I thank you for reading!

Here's a song with the title, Les mots d'amour. It might be the song mentioned in the story, it might not... feel free to decide for yourselves :D

So... maybe if I think of more things I'll notify you all here.

[on the numbering]

Since someone asked, I thought I'd put this here :)

18 and zero are red. 6 is pink, and 3 is blue.
I used red, the color of a heart (or just some color associated with roses or something), to signify well, love, and beginnings. The beginning of Twilight writing her sorrow, and their new beginning together.

6 is when Twilight thinks about her cutie mark (six points on the star), and 3 is Rarity's cutie mark (3 diamonds). 3 says that Twi had a silly notion that 6x3=18, so 18 is a special number for her (yes it's so very subtle, It's mostly just sentimental hooey, in truth).

Hence the countdown starts from 18.

Comments ( 31 )

363550 I can't say I do know what I'm talking about; I'm taking a grade nine French program that I do not excel in. In Canadian French it may be different, because I know that actual French differs slightly from that. I can understand what you said in French; you want to know if I'm sure if I speak French. 361980 Sorry, I'm a blind fool, you're probably correct. J'ai tres stuipide. That was probably wrong. I give up.

363598 It's so different from anything I've done before... :fluttershbad::derpyderp1: Glad u like it tho!

363600 So you're Canadian? Me too. It doesn't matter, languages are hard to translate anyway, and as a person fluent in two very different languages (English, Chinese), I encounter these situations frequently. Definitions aren't that important :twilightsheepish: To me, any explanation could be correct.

363550 I hate learning French. The words have genders that change their meanings and stuff, the order in which everything strings together is so different, verbs are crazy, and it's too fast to speak and too slow to write. For me, at least. 363681 It seems that we differ in that. I HATE using a word wrong. Makes me look like I don't know squat, and yet I (I think I do) know so much compared to others my age. Gee, ninth graders are pretty dumb sometimes, arn't we?

It was nice.:twilightsmile:

364563
I have but one problem.

Now I wanna know what happens next. :facehoof:

Other than I don't really get what the numbering was about, it was a good read.

363003 Yea that happens alot :/

This. . .is. . .so. . .beautiful. . .I cried.

364565 Whoops, didn't plan that... :fluttershyouch: But the whole story was written really fast. Actually only the first two pieces are from my blogs. :rainbowlaugh: :twilightoops:

364575 Well I'll break it down for you then! :twilightsheepish: It was a bit subtle I admit.
18 and zero are red. 6 is pink, and 3 is blue.
I used red, the color of a heart (or just some color associated with roses or something), to signify well, love, and beginnings. The beginning of Twilight's writing her sorrow, and their new beginning together.

6 is when Twilight thinks about her cutie mark (six points on the star), and 3 is Rarity's cutie mark (3 diamonds). 3 says that Twi had a silly notion that 6x3=18, so 18 is a special number for her (yes it's so very subtle:twilightoops:)

Hence the countdown starts from 18.

364601 Wow... just wow. :twilightsheepish: I didn't know I could write something emotional... your comment really made this piece worth it. :raritydespair:

364768
Well... uhhh.... Start planning! :twilightsheepish:

364774

If you have not seen it: Curls

Would likely be similar just with another way of starting out.

364993
Yes I know about Curls, and No I don't like the start of that nearly as much as this one. :facehoof:

364768 Actually, I meant that's ALL that I understood out of the numbers. Was that, like, the ENTIRE point of the numbers?

365422 Just some sentimental boo-hoo-hooey :rainbowwild:

365412 Haha, first thing I ever wrote... :facehoof: So awful.

368034

pssstttt

Re-write it! :twilightsheepish:

Elle me dis des mots d'amour, des mots de tous le jours, et ça me fait quelque chose;
Elle est entre dans ma couer, une part de bonheur, et dont je connais le cause.
C'est elle pour moi, moi pour elle dans la vie, elle me la dit la juré pour la vie ....
:raritywink:

Love your stuff. Go finish one of these sometime!

374580 :twilightblush: Thanks >< it means a lot to me :D
But finish one of these? i'm not sure what you mean...? :duck:

There is French speaking in this? Goodbye.

380250 There's only one line that's french, and it's a song title :raritywink:

381940 Mine too... and really, I did not succeed where Twilight did :fluttercry::fluttershysad:

398117
I can feel lil Twilight pain there, being with someone you love all the time and knowing she does not love you back it's horrible, lucky me I could channel all the pain into constructive self destruction a.k.a. martial arts, it's difficult to feel emotional pain over physical pain, at least in my case :pinkiehappy:. And even after I moved on it still felt good when I saw her new boyfriend with a beer belly :rainbowlaugh:

459974 :fluttercry: More than one sentence (fine, I confess, a lot of sentences) were actually from my note/doodle book :twilightsheepish: It's basically what I felt as well when love didn't work :fluttershysad: LOL that's funny... weird girls like beer bellies... ~"~ exes getting stds~ (lyrics from a song in Avenue Q):rainbowlaugh:

464775
it's not that girls like beer bellies, it's more that there are so many mans that have it that the girls don't really have a choice in the matter :rainbowlaugh: we should totally make a brony health campaign, so that the bronies will not only be the best and nicest community on the internet but also the healthiest!
I've got a motto for it! "we will lift and tone up the shit out of you!" and there's a already an official supporter th03.deviantart.net/fs71/150/i/2012/100/0/5/rainbow_dash_coach_by_maximillian_alpine-d4vripo.png

quite a pleasant little fiction.

I enjoyed the format and idea behind the counting very much, it was methodical without being overly so. :ajsmug:

Hmm. As soon as you mentioned it being the title of a song, I went searching and I found this:

Not to say that my opinion is more important than the author's (it most definitely isn't), but for me it was easier to visualize Rarity at work listening to this one. I think it's that classic accordion sound that does it.

1794600
Hey thanks a lot for the vid! I think it actually sounds more 'French' than the one I was listening to, and very fitting as well :twilightsheepish: I didn't really mean for the song to be completely linked to the story, everyone can put whatever song that gives them similar emotions into this story, it just happened that that was a song that brought up a lot of emotions in me and helped me finish this story :twilightsmile: Thanks so much for reading too!

1903529
It's so cool that you replied to my comment! Believe it or not, I was actually trying to find this story again because I forgot to favorite it and the name had just slipped my mind.

Random, but why is it that Rarity is so easy to visualize as French? Maybe it's because Rareté sounds so good when spoken, or fashion is automatically associated with France for some reason. I dunno.

1956073 Ha, you thought a painful ending would be too difficult to write or something? Anyways, I'm doing great, but have been quite busy. Exams are in two weeks for me. Writing has slowed to a halt, unfortunately. How about yourself?

Login or register to comment